Whether you agree or disagree with the content of Trump's tweets...

Whether you agree or disagree with the content of Trump's tweets, do you think his habit of responding to his critics (or just things he disapproves of) will help or hurt him during his presidency?

During the campaign they undoubtedly helped (rallied his supporters, tons of free publicity, etc.), but now that he's won should he lay off the tweeting or carry on with it?

Of course it will hurt him.

He should keep doing it because it's funny.

I personally love it. Everyone was shitting on SNL before Trump was president.

yes, he makes me rauff

he talks about this in Art of the Deal.

Why not talk back to your critics?
I mean seriously.

It's a sign of strength honestly, and a lot of people agree with him, and many more will see his tenacity and respect it.

Like, Trump is just defending himself, if you don't stand up to bullies they'll never stop. Be glad he isn't sending the marines to execute Jewish Night Live.

Don't be a pussy.

>do you think his habit of responding to his critics (or just things he disapproves of) will help or hurt him during his presidency?

He probably won't do it as much as the president.

Right now he has fuck-all to do except prepare for his inauguration since just about all of his cabinet has been filled.

Do I think it will hurt though? Absolutely not. The constant stream of attention and watching CNN turn it up to 11 over a fucking tweet is what helped expose the media for the political hack frauds they are and gave Trump the presidency while simultaneously weakened the media's influence.

SNL would never run month after month of hits on Obama.

That golden shower sketch was an affront to the office.

Trump deserves criticism for a good many things. But he also earned the office to which he is being appointed. And that office demands respect

They actually did a golden shower sketch?

Do people think that actually happened?

That's just his thing
Same with obama who acted like a hip black man whenever he could to impress millenials

This.

I didn't vote Trump into office so he could mellow out and act presidential. I voted him into office because I wanted him to be an absolute madman.

Last nights opening monologue was Alec Baldwin recreating trumps press conference from the other day

5 solid minutes of piss jokes

no one watches it, so it's hard to say

POO POO PEE PEE!!!

this. I wanna watch him fuck ship up.

Who wouldn't love to have a shitposting president?

It will help. He is allowed to criticize. That is his right. The people criticizing have not made any valid arguments. Just autistic screeching. If he doesn't criticize he will be torn to shreds like GWB was.

These people are not regular critics. He isn't attacking regular people. He is hitting back at the media and CIA.

i don't care but it makes him look like kind of a whiny bitch

if he laughed it off the first time they would have stopped, but now they have a character that will never go away because of the reactions it gets from him every time

>No one watches it
I for one think they have at least |one| dedicated viewer.

No.

He learned the lesson all poor people learn when they have nothing but reputation and themselves. Any sign of weakness or show of weakness carries with it greater pain then getting into a fight.

You show weakness once, you have ten different fights on your hands afterwards. You show strength, you only have to fight one in ten.

People will argue he, "isn't being presidential" or "That his constant responses to tweets show insecurity and a thin skin". Bullshit. The guy knows the second someone steps up to you you put him in a coma.

Best analogy that normies would understand is Game of Thrones. He is acting like Khal Drogo because he grew up among Dothraki, or hell like Robert Baratheon before he became a fat shit. Weakness is punished harshly, strength and arrogance are applauded generally.

it's kind of hilarious that the liberals wanted transparency in their presidents, and when they finally get a president that lets absolutely everything that bothers him be known on social media he's a republican so now they hate him for being so transparent

It's good because the media likes to cut up his segments to make him look retarded. At least in the full length interviews and rallies during campaign he had some bright spots of being intelligent. Twitter is like that, but short form information that can't be manipulated - or rather won't be manipulated without severe repercussions - by the media. Really shows how lazy the media is as well when their biggest news items are pictures of twitter with talking heads helping the public digest the lore behind a sentence and a half.

Gave me enough hope for vote anti-establishment.

Do you actually think this is "punishing" nbc in some way?

Might as well get as many tweets as he can before he's assassinated.

Using PR to "manage" perception is the old ways. No one trusts the old ways now. 1-to-many media is dead. Stay modern and open. Use many-to-many internet. People will appreciate seeing a real human.

>tfw leftist were saying 'he'll change when he's in power'
>tfw Trump said it's time to be cool when he won
>tfw the left thought they could continue what they were doing while trump went quite

They've unleashed a fucking beast. So good!

I think he wants SNL focused on him. Let liberals see some dumb late night comedy show as the vanguard of the resistance. They can tune in weekly to chuckle at unfunny caricatures of him, feeling smug and safe that they are skewering him.

However all of criticism of him be childish and tawdry vs. insightful and truly critical, meaning it won't change anyone's mind who matters. It doesn't mater if he wins the battle of how he is seen on late night TV, as long as the battle if fought there.

>i don't care but it makes him look like kind of a whiny bitch

This is sort of how I feel. I don't think he shouldn't respond, I actually like that he does, but the way he does it so frequently and to things that don't really deserve it IMO makes him seem thin skinned. He needs to be cooler about his responses and not respond to things that no one would care about otherwise. Like the whole thing with John Lewis the other day. Lewis was saying shit that tons of other people have been saying and no one would have cared if Trump hadn't responded.

This is the truth. And Trump should not only keep doing it, but also use press conferences and rallies to publically shame and intimidate his enemies.

They deserve so much worse, humiliation is a mercy.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

John Lewis is a worthless piece of shit that the Left parades around as a saint. We can't let that sort of shit go unquestioned anymore. Trump made it ok for millions of people to stop groveling before the altar of Muh Civil Rights.

hurt
and hurt a lot

this week was probably a good indication of what could happen

he is an individual with a single twitter account
when he is potus he is simply incapable of responding to every minor hiccup and as such even attempting to will not only draw time away from the far more important job of actually being president, but it will just make him look like a petty asshole

also he should probably get smarter about who he picks fights with, John Lewis was a bad guy to get tangled with and he should have just left his comments alone. By addressing his criticism he has only helped to legitimize his claims, which was stupid

The problem is how baitable he is. He's as predictable as an ameboa when it comes to his ego protectiveness. Stoke his ego and he will praise you to high heaven. Criticize him and he will scorn you to he'll. Someone will figure out how to exploit this flaw in his personality.

HE WAS AT SELMA

SELLLLMAAAAA

LIKE THE MOVIE

HES A NATIONAL FUCKING HERO

I NEVER HEARD OF HIM UNTIL HE WAS TRENDING ON TWITTER

post more of his tweets pls

the brutal truth and cold hard facts, only ever help
lying, pussyfooting, bending the truth, not being straight forward is suicide, equivalent of castration

Desegregation destroyed Selma. Everything the evil racists said would happen happened. Nothing the civil rights movement said would happen did. America will never be great until we get people to stop believing these sorts of fairytales. Trump probably doesn't even realize how big of a blow it is to the narrative for a president to not suck up to these people.

>I NEVER HEARD OF HIM UNTIL HE WAS TRENDING ON TWITTER
That's the point though. If Trump hadn't responded nobody would have given a fuck what John Lewis had to say. If he's so haphazard with who he decides to respond to he'll end up creating trouble for himself where none would have existed otherwise.

t. 400 pound neckbeard

what wrong with being fat

He is a free agent. Otherwise neocons wouldn't be so butthurt

firing back is a sign of weakness. Trump appears thin-skinned and easily triggered. He gets into fights with SJWs and women like rosie o donnell.

how is that strength? all he does is give these shitty programs more publicity and a bigger platform. No one really gave a fuck about SNL until Trump started tweeting how bad it was

Trump is autistic