Less sales of cars made in USA is due to low R & D ability of those makers

Less sales of cars made in USA is due to low R & D ability of those makers.
Covering it by political power will make them weaker after all.
Trump's attempt will decrease industrial competitiveness of US, won't it?

Other urls found in this thread:

assets.donaldjtrump.com/Trump_Economic_Plan.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_emissions_scandal
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nazis btfo

protip: stop making shitty cars

>Trump's attempt will decrease industrial competitiveness of US, won't it?
What competitiveness? Germans cheat to meet American emissions standards.

>diesel emissions standards

Everyone do it.

They'll make up for it with better r&d

>What competitiveness? Germans cheat to meet American emissions standards.
so who didn't cheat to meet american standards

This. They smug, but they paid bilions.Billions!

Just Europeans it seems. GM got in trouble for being 2 mpg off on its fuel economy in Europe, but I blame shitty European roads.

I'm with her now! x)

Trump is the biggest idiot in the world. I didnt vote for him.

Trump wants cars for the US market made in the US. currently everyone makes the right at America's doorstep to undercut US wages. this is in the spirit of "free trade" but a kick in the face of American workers. I can fully understand the desire to stop this practice.

Trade war with the EU when?

>american standards

So what? Maybe Americans will look more to domestic brands and keep their dollar home and less in the pockets of foreign companies.

>Germans don't like American cars because they're subpar and have shitty engineering
>this is somehow the fault of German car makers or the German government

Jesus fucking christ, are trumpfags literal toddlers?

The ONLY BMWs that come from Germany are the SUVs, all other cars are assembled in Mexico, in the North American market.

Yep, I'm just waiting for the tax clotting through the market like a 1000°C RED HOT KNIFE CUTTING BUTTER

>Less sales of cars made in USA is due to low R & D ability

Are you stupid? Sales are low because cars are too expensive, and are not needed as much ten years ago.

There is a BMW plant in South Carolina.

>Trump wrecking Cuckmany
Good, imagining Merkel having a mental breakdown over this gives me so much pleasure.

I don't get why you guys are so against this.

Surely providing more jobs for America is something the US President should be doing.
He's trying to provide for the country he supports.

No bites?

Not actually. US procudcers are forced to pay high UAW wages. Foreign makers who produce in USA dont unionize and pay workers about half of UAW rate.

>burgers'
>industrial competitiveness
>after mid-70's

burger stop your hypocrisy e veryone was cheating. also GM had problem with brakes, as a result people died, they got sued 800Mio if i remember right. VW cheats like everybody else: SUE THE HELL OUT OF THEM1!!!!!!11!

Manufactured obsolescence totally not a factor in the US auto market. Just 'finance' a new car every 2-4 years and drive your debt around town. Who doesn't want to be caught dead in a Chrysler?

It's a museum with an aesthetic development team working there. Don't lie. Designing concept vehicles =/= factory producing vehicles.

German car manufactures have quite a few big plants in the US. As do the japs.

I wouldn't be surprised if the percentage of cars sold in the US that are also assembled in the US is as high or higher than for US brands tbqh.

Trump is just accusing foreign car makers which have correct competitiveness
such as Toyota and BMW.
In fact their cars also sell well outside US.
Americans should learn the fair economic competition
before begging for help of the government.

Good hopefully the EU will collapse.

They're assembled in Mexico with parts fabricated in China. BMWs are cheap plastic toys now. There USED to be some quality coming from your country. Sadly Mercedes is the only quality vechicle associated with Germans...

US retard president shits all over the place because he has no real power.

Steinmeier said it right. The senate decides not trump.

assets.donaldjtrump.com/Trump_Economic_Plan.pdf

Page 15

Unless he makes an executive order, like Obongo.

What?

X3,X4, X5 and X6 are made in South Caronlina. Not only for the US market but for the whole world.

>German Engineering

Regean did the same thing to the Jap motorcycles to benefit Harley Davidson.

Trump was the best thing to happen for Brexit, Germans are terrified, USA, UK, USSR all working together again while Germany becomes increasingly isolated!

Kraut monkey terrified

There's a difference between having a recall and literally faking the emission tests so that you can churn out shit cars at inflated prices.

They're just mad that they don't have any leverage against Trump if he does slap tariffs on everything. By their own admission Germans don't buy many American products. All that means is they can threaten Trump with any meaningful tariffs of their own.

We invented fair economic competition, so how 'bout you go suck a dick.
Or maybe just visit Hiroshima or Nagasaki you fucking Jap.

>germans faces when people finally realize that in 2017 toyota and ford is the same if not better quality and identical styling to mercedes or BMW.

Impossible

If he said it then he lacks informations about the trades between eu and us, especially us and germany
All the trades are to your advantage in the end because your lobby still rules germany

Jap cars are the only vehicles that are reliable anymore. German cars go to shit around 50k and American cars are costly throughout the duration of ownership. I didn't understand this blind patriotism when it comes to American cars. My friends on normiebook are always complaining about their newer Murribeaters while my 12 year old Honda has given me 0 problems and still runs like new.

Everybody optimizes for the standardized test so they are barley indicative of real world emissions anyways.

The only thing that VW did additionally is specific test detection routines, which is fraud.

Trump is going to depose Merkel and derail EU, fucking love it

Tariffs are a EU responsibility.

The standardized test isn't supposed to be indicative of real world emissions. It's meant to set a performance benchmark by reducing the number of variables as much as possible.

Issues cropping up in design, engineering or manufacturing does not even remotely equate to the same thing as legitimate fraud. It's a false equivalency.

It just means domestic made cars will be cheaper than imported Cuckmobiles. If we don't starve the EUSSR, they will continue to enslave the whole continent.

making BMWs and Mercedes Benz cost more is a good thing, poor fags can get into the image game by fixing used beaters, these things are supposed to cost a lot thats the whole point of having one thats new

sounds like a winning situation

now where is the high speed rail?

from what i understand

>Trump wants the assholes to pay a tariff for importing shit

>He however won't tariff the manufacturing of shit inside the US to encourage putting jobs in the US

>currently assholes put their jobs right outside the border of the US just to import goods across the border rather than just giving American's jobs.

sounds fine to me

looks like the jews are gonna need to find a way to make money off the 3rd world or deal with it

Try a newer Honda, Subaru, or Toyota. They have problems out the ass. Jap car quality has been going to shit since the mid-2000s.

I prefer this drift to nationalism. It btfos all the nation-states are obsolete bullcrap pushed on us by our elites.

Currently they go for the "we the last globalist cucks standing" line but they can't keep that up forever, can they?

>The standardized test isn't supposed to be indicative of real world emissions

they should be highly correlated to it, otherwise they don't fullfill their stated purpose.
I'm not saying it's the same which you would have understood if you would have read carefully.

This. Why the fuck do cars cost so much money? I don't have the numbers in front of me, but you'd think your average shitty compact car could be sold brand new for like $8000 and still turn a decent profit

Yes of course it will decrease industrial competitiveness. US auto makers simply can't compete on a level playing field and should have been allowed to die instead of being TARP'd up.

Meanwhile you Japaibros could easily take over the world using the Toyota Production System. Why haven't you?

Has Trump considered bringing more American cars to Britain? Ford is the most popular brand here. And the waiting list for the 2016 Ford Mustang (first ford Mustang to be sold in the UK) is a mile long.

The problem is Fords have always been overpriced in Britain compared to America.

Not so funny when he pulls this shit on you eh krauts

It's like he wasn't paying attention to the us vs China steel wars back in the 80s

Its japanese competition that made american cars good today. This is true

It's a good thing for Sup Forums germans tbqh.

Have you tried the new subaru cvt?

Who needs to buy a new BMW?

They made a perfect one 20 years ago.

I don't know about Honda or Subaru but I have a 2014 Toyota Tundra and my wife has a 2016 4Runner and both are awesome.

Prior to the Tundra I had 2 different Ford F150s and they sucked ass. Both had major drivetrain problems before they turned 70k miles despite being meticulously maintained.

regulations, the engineering and materials cost of cars is jack shit using current technology. Meeting all of the various standards takes time and requires covering your ass with lawyers

Only quality car USA makes is Ford Fiesta.

90s Japanese compacts are great as long as you consistently maintain them. My wife and I still have her first car from high school (a 98 camry) as a 3rd vehicle. 350k miles and still running like a champ.

I'm a truck guy and have always had an American bias, but honestly I'm curious about the Titan. They look like an actual full size foreign truck that could pull a trailer and don't cost as much as a fucking Cadillac like all American trucks do nowadays

There were only 3 cars made in USA
in top 10 selling cars in US in June 2016.
the rest are made in Japan and S Korea.
American people really know that their makers don't have development ability
to fight with the world now, don't they?

And you do what for a living?

Because the number of man hours that go into making even simple consumer goods would make your head spin, let alone an automobile with thousands of components in hundreds of subassemblies.

Reminder that Ford is the true car maker of the Aryan race.

Its simple
The US starts taxing European companies
Europe starts taxing US companies

Instead of Iphones, the Europeans will buy Samsungs phones.
Instead of shitty Ford, the Europeans will buy Honda/Toyota/Merc/Volkswagen etc.

Eventually we will just bully the US away.
Who is the US gonna sell to? Or who is it gonna buy from?

There will be world trade between every other country in the world except the US.
Its not like they are irreplaceable.
>m-muh iphone camera
As if Samsung cant make better?

The only thing the US excels at now a days is high-tech military equipment. But the rest of the world isn't so war-hungry as the US, so the Netherlands bought like 20 drones for 2 billion and thats it. The next 20 years they wont buy shit again.
Well, have fun with that 2 billion dollar and Israel as your only customer.

Everything else can be or is made in Europe/Asia
Electronics?
>Bosch, Siemens,Samsung, LG, Philips
Medical equipment?
>Philips and Siemens (already markt leader)
Planes?
>Airbus
Weapons?
Heckler and Koch, FN, and whoever makes the Stery and whoever makes the AUG
Cars?
Japan, Germany, France, Brittain

We will bully the US away like they never existed and continue trade with each other

>American emission standards.

Top fucking kek.

Also BMW does not give a shit about trumps plans and they have already decided they will keep producing in Mexico. So in the end, you burgers will end up paying 35% more for your BMWs or you simply stop buying them altogether. This will hurt your economy more than it hurts us.

You make cheap and decent cars that people know they can trust.

It's what Regular Car Reviews has always been saying. Cheap cars that people want to buy, americans for some reason can't do that.

So they don't make plans to make cheaper cars anymore?

>nazi cars
>good research and quality
reminder volkswagon cheated on emissions ratings

Reminder that their sales still grew in the US
Its because their brand name is so good, it still survived

also
>US emission ratings
topkek

Israel isn't even a customer, they get MIC vouchers as part of the international aid thing.

The best defense against monopolization has always been foreign imports.

I'm sorry you are all on the band wagon on this, but enjoy paying twice as much money for new cars, and have half as much warranty on them.

Engineer. Sure a lot of time is put into designing even the most simple goods, but eventually that time should be paying massive dividends. Modern tooling, catalogs, and software makes it pretty easy, especially for large companies with resources. The average car costing close 30k is joke consider we have been mass producing them for over a century

over last 30 years, our politicians and industries manipulated the USA and got themselves a cheap ride in asia, probably under the goal of eventually sinking china and the asian markets with unregulated growth.

>cars
There's your problem.
Add trucks to that list and Camry will come in 4th behind F-150, Silverado and RAM Trucks.

>Germans literally taking over the world with mass immigration

>trump punishes them financially

That's my guy.

There is nothing wrong with this, why do you retarded foreigners hate when a country looks out for its own interests? Any country can make any law they want, in fact I would even propose this here in Canada, we should have ANGLO CARS ONLY! BRITISH COMMONWEALTH MADE GOODS FIRST AMERICAN SECOND EVERYONE ELSE LAST
I WANT EVERYTHING IN MY HOME TO SAY MADE IN CANADA, AUSTRALIA, BRITAIN, NEW ZEALAND OR AMERICA NOWHERE ELSE!

All cars look the same to me now, they're tiny shit boxes, bring back the cars from the 80's and 90's when a man could actually sit comfortably and you could easily fit 3 kids in the back

>put tax on imported cars in America
>car company will just move their shit to the neighouring country
>Americans just pay more, car company makes the same amount of money
So what's special about it?

ease and cost of maintenance should be the goal

topkek

Time to put the Christ back into Chrysler.

Bavarian Muslim Works must die!

I'm a CAD/CAM Technician. There's a fuckton of work that Engineers never see.

Paying more isn't really a bad thing, people used to pay more for goods in the 50's because everything was made domestically and not of foreign cheap labour.
Sure I can buy the shirt made in China for $10 but I buy the Canadian made ones for $50 instead
Or a Chinese suit for $100 but I like the $400 Canadian ones, even with the food I look for Canadian goods, i try to eat things in season because I want to support our Canadian farmers not some spic

>muh samsung
that catches fire

I dont think he even wants to go that far as to tariff any foreign competitor. That is actual protectionism and may not be as helpful. He wants free fair trade. I think US companies can compete globally. For example if we had a free trade agreement with Germany. Are working conditions and wages comparable? Good. Are regulations on a similar playing field? Great. Can the common man benefit from the wealth created from free trade with jobs being created in both countries albeit with different specialization instead of mega jew corps being the only profiteers? Can we trade freely wothout companies outsourcing production and jobs to make shit quality products with shit conditions made profitable by quantity, markups, and sweatshops while retaining unfettered access to one of the largest markets in the world? Maybe somebody wants a pickup truck in Germany to go hunting or running over a small amount of people well we make tons of pickups trucks and could sell them to you, maybe they are a good deal at 35k us instead of a econobox made in who knows where. How about you sell us a Beemer so a wall street jew has a reason to not blow his brains out working 90 hours a week. Isnt this the exact fucking globalization he has promised to fight? Even outisde of this where we have free trade agreements with countries only the US holds up its half of the deal. Is china suppused to mainpulate currency? Or make it impssoible to get a business liscense there? If they arent sticking to the fucking rules they should be punished. We are the fucking USA and all we do is throw our weight around on stupid matters, but when it could help the us citizens? I'm not saying regualted free trade is the only way. Currently the system isnt working for us citizens. The demorat way is more globalism ( look at TPP). So I dont understand all this complaining, we are going to stop being the dumb bully and get something back and bring jobs back in fields that we have a comparative advantage in.

don't think you understand how these things work

this is actually not that great of an idea
its the same as having something to eat on your market
lets say an apple, an apple costs 1 dollar
there are 3 diffrent types of apples from china, germany and usa
so you make the german apple more expensive, and it doesnt get bought anymore
usa apples taste likes shit, no one buys them anyway
so you only have japanese apples, and they can make more profit, by simply going up with their price
they have the apple monopol
so long story short, german apples still will be bought, but not that much
japanese apples will get bought more, but will become more expensive
usa apples still will not be bought
doesnt make sense in your economy for usa, because your shitty apples will still not be bought, and every other apple will get more expensive

rekt

You couldnt force me to buy American over German even if you paid me

blame CAFE standards
The only way for car companies to meet the outrageous MPG regulations imposed by the US government was to make a smaller, lighter weight vehicle. This in turn increased car-related deaths as they were no longer made out of stronger materials but that plastic shit.

Now Obama demands that cars in 2020 must meet a 40 mpg mark. If Trump wants to do anything it should be remove that artificial standard and allow companies to sell what they think people want to buy.

They don't need their shitty hitler cars that cheat emission results.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_emissions_scandal

don't worry we are close to automating you monkeys out of the loop

this

make american cars great again

Good.

German car industry has been cheating for decades