Shipping out tomorrow for Navy boot camp Sup Forums. I know some of you have been or are in the Navy. What can I expect...

Shipping out tomorrow for Navy boot camp Sup Forums. I know some of you have been or are in the Navy. What can I expect? Any advice you can grant me?

don't go nuke, you never go nuke.

y tho

You're a bad ass user. I praise you for doing this with your life sir.

(get ready to be surround by sub-human niggers and philliys tho)

Just like the rest of the military. Keep your head down, do what your DI says. Don't go above and beyond, and don't be the last of the pack. Ride out basic in the middle of the bunch and do your 4 years. If you're smart enough to have done something useful while you're enlisted you can get a degree in your field of expertise and ride out the rest of your life double dipping benefits from the government and your current job. That's the military in a nutshell now a days.

As someone who was in the navy, follow orders. Your not here to work alone, as soon as you arrive you work as a team, and drill instructers will expect nothing less than teamwork. You get to do cool shit like firefighting, pt is pretty easy. Good luck!

>navy
OP is literally a faggot
also, this is a board for politics. k shit belongs on

prepare to be bored and sleepy alot. dont volunteer for anything. reminder, its all a head game. after basic you will be fine

Make sure you keep all your shit locked up. Buy extra socks because some nigger will steal your laundry, guaranteed. If you want to get someone that has slighted you into trouble, hide some food under their pillow or wall locker. Never volunteer for anything.

>advice

Keep your eyes open. Mouth shut unless asked a question or have a legitimate question yourself.

Do your best at every task you are given.

Pay attention.

Ignore all slights.

Wake up every morning with energy.

Expect to fuck up. Regardless, try your best at everything you do.

Find something to enjoy every day.

When you are marching in the clean Illinois air, for instance, realize that there are people slaving away in cubicles watching their arteries harden and wishing they could be outdoors.

This is the gayest shit I've read this morning. Thanks, dorky faggot.

Navy basic was pretty fun desu, only problem was ex gangsters joining thinking there tough. Drill instructors had fun with them

Consider the fact that your RDCs get there before you wake up and leave after you go to sleep. Just shut up, keep your head down, and try not to volunteer, except for jobs like Mail PO. That's kinda fun. Chow's pretty good, get used to your fellow recruits. Get good at moving quick early in the morning.
t. boot

Keep your uniform ironed,
Don't bitch about pt.
Keep your regulations manual with you at all times and read it while you are waiting (you will spend a lot of time waiting)
Begin and end every statement with the rank of the person you are talking to
Keep your rack made, and your box organized
Don't bitch about watch duty, and whatever you do don't skip it.
You will be tired, nobody cares
Otherwise just do whatever the rdc says and do anything stupid like stealing shit or sneaking out.
9 weeks will go by pretty fast.
Don't worry about getting to know your fellow recruits, you will never see most of them again anyway

Even if you can swim, say you can't. You get to play in the pool for like 3 hours a day instead of doing pointless "studying" or stupid drills. It will also get you out of jobs.

I got out of being shipstaff (Gay as fuck) because I was a swimmer. The RDC assigning the job was astonished because I was white.

>Don't worry about getting to know your fellow recruits, you will never see most of them again anyway
>
I'm fixing to be in C school with few of the fuckers, just saying.

Eyes open, mouth shut.
Request pool duty for work week.

Triple Threat is overrated, not worth the effort.

You mean band camp?

Basically

What rate, OP?

Bootcamp is easy as long as you pay attention and do as you're told. You have a little bit more freedom when you get to your A School. When you finally make it ro the fleet, it's very different. I was told to forget most of what I learned in A School since the fleet's way of teaching you thinfs tend to be more hands on as opposed to learning from a textbook. Do good in A School, because you may be able to pick your first command if you're ranked high in your class. As you do what you're told, show up on time, you'll be fine.

I am currently a Marine, I can't say much about the navy. But all of the people I've met have been good, honest people.

World's shittiest hours and you don't get much out of it. Only good thing is the community is alot more informal, and you will make rank in a hurry if you kiss the right asses. I just got out of the Navy lol op boot camp is a cakewalk now and enjoy your new PC military

What rate are you contracted for?