The red pill on Amphetamines

Last thread died hard so let's talk about them and their usage, effects, long term effects, and the ADHD meme.

>first post; what are they like?

It's like pre workout or coffee, but for every aspect of your life and body.

You think faster, you think better and more critically, you have faster reactions, better hand eye coordination, you're stronger, your body releases more of every hormone, you become more aware of your surroundings while being able to concentrate on a single thing like a monk in meditation, and instead of the shakiness and anxiety present when taking lots of caffeine, you become calmer and steadier.

The nazis would think modern amphetamines to be a miracle compared to the harsh early methamphetamine derivatives they took. Ritalin and Adderall still have some of the side effects of old, but things like Vyvanse and newer amphetamines lack the issues of old.

Other urls found in this thread:

amphetamines.org/paul-erdos.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

90 x 20mg IR master race reporting in. Changed my life. Going to the gym shortly after I finish my morning smoothie, AMA.

I used to be on 3 x 30 MG per day and God damn did I get shit done. Now I have no motivation whatsoever, but getting on amphetamines is probably not the right decision either.

>but getting on amphetamines is probably not the right decision either.

If nothing else is helping then what other solution is there? Resign yourself to a life of sloth? No thanks!

Degenerate drug use. Have fun falling into methamphetamine use when your script is inevitably pulled and you are unable to afford the steep street prices of pharmaceutical drugs.

>when your script is inevitably pulled
>pulled
>inevitably

Fuck are you talking about? This isn't pain medication you troglodyte. The entire fucking economy would collapse if they tried that shit.

>second post; issues and issues of old
>the difference between amphetamines

The main issues with the older methamphetamine derivatives and amphetamines like Adderall and Ritalin are well known.

Let's start with the older ones the nazis used. Low bioavailibility was an issue as well as an extremely harsh come down. The only real method to get your moneys worth so to speak was for it to be injected.

They also had a very long half life in the body as the 'medicine' was being absorbed into your bloodstream. People that got it injected like Hitler became slaves to it, and the dependency combined with the harshness of the chemicals saw him have symptoms of full blown meth addiction, as well as health issues exacerbated by his anxiety filled life as a head of state.

Soldiers in the field who took it orally had rampant cases of amphetamine psychosis; which you can imagine was not helped by being in a war zone. Long offensives and long defensive battles saw many of the German military become psychological casualties and have front strong points literally collapse due to this.

Modern Meds like Adderall and Ritalin can have that same effect, and newer amphetamines while lowering the chance can still have it happen. Vyvanse and newer Meds don't have the harsh come down, don't have the bioavailibility issue, have short half lives, but most importantly, long term dependence and withdrawal is an almost non issue. 2-4 days off despite any length of time taking the med is the longest you will see.

degenerate neuro-toxic narcotic that promotes dependancy and chronic masturbation.

Stick to caffeine + l-theanine. With a high enough dose you can achieve almost the same results with NONE of the drawbacks.

problems with amphetamine use:

1) money
2) diminished appetite
3) problems sleeping

long-term, no problems have been clinically recorded for therapeutic doses. there is a potential for addiction if you use a dopaminergic drug if you misuse them by route of administration

if you want amphetamines for cognitive performance enhancement then only take it orally because if you snort it, shoot it or smoke it you will probably be a methhead within three months

>special post: amphetamine psychosis

It is exactly what it sounds like.

Full blown psychotic symptoms from taking too much amphetamines. Meth heads mostly get it, but they're fucked in the first place.

Getting it from prescription drugs is another issue due to it not exactly being a degenerate junkies flavor of choice.

You begin to hallucinate, starting with auditory, and can ramp up to full blown schizophrenic symptoms. Your body gets stuck in a kind of fight or flight response and you get paranoid of course. You'll begin seeing things out of the corners of your eyes. If you have reached that point and take more, you will get schizophrenic symptoms, and should probably shoot yourself for being an idiot and doing that anyway.

The best part is, a lot of the cases never go away. If you take it that far to get amphetamine psychosis, you may be stuck in that mindset forever, having given yourself schizophrenia.

That leads me to my next point.

you are neurotoxic, cunt

I'm pretty sure you need to take pretty high doses, regularly before this happens. But it definitely does happen.

Amps are easy to get dodgy scripts for so street price is usually only a little more than what a refill visit might cost someone.

It's the truth. Justify your drug use with whatever studies you can find, they are few and far between compared to the mountain of evidence that amphetamine use is degenerative to cognitive function. Notice how the adderall generation are total dopamine junkies, funny coincidence.

>the ADHD meme
>what the fuck is it?
>is it even real?
>Why is it so vague?

ADHD technically speaking should not be classified in the DSM or recognized as a stand alone disease.

The symptoms of ADHD diagnosis range wildly depending on age and other factors.

What we can say about it and the prescription of amphetamines is that it's a frontal cortex issue in the same class as long term major depression, bipolar depression, and general mild psychosis like mild schizophrenic symptoms, autism, bpd, and hiristonic personality disorder.

Amphetamines are hardcore anti depressants and mild anti psychotic medications.

There's actually a school of thought now in psychiatric medicine that amphetamines should be given with an anti depressant in patients with depressive disorders. The success rates have seen a staggering improvement over the traditional anti depressants only.

Unfortunately I cannot say much about the schizophrenia and psychosis benefits because they're still doing research carefully due to the ability for a person to give themselves schizophrenia with heavy amphetamine usage.

You left out the infamous tunnel vision stimulants can cause. If the user is not an extremely organized person, the benefit of a stimulant regimen will be far less than you claim. The euphoria of certain stims also induces heavy fap fests in some less disciplined people. Either way, thanks for writing a decent overview on stimulants.

AFAIK, doesn't the neurotoxicity of Amphetamine and its derivatives come from a core temperature increase which permits the growth of dopamine reactive oxygen species? That's pretty easy to avoid if the user can keep cool and keep away from recreational dosages.

>armchair pharmacy: the post

fuck off basehead scum.
go be a tweaker on some other board

still on stimulant honeymoon? enjoy the incoming nightmare

This. The dose has to be extreme for it to happen, it varies from person to person how much an extreme dose is of course.

The main problem with pills is the effect the binders and such have on the liver and kidneys.

All of the amphetamine threads contain three types of people:

1. People who take them and have only positive experiences.
2. People who are asshurt that they can't get them, and post insane armchair pharmacy/psychology to try and justify why they are allowed to consider users to be degenerate junkies, all just to feel better about themselves.
3. Shills trying to start discord.

It's sad, but true. I'm sure this post will ruffle some feathers, but it only hurts because you know deep down that I'm right. Pic most certainly related. Smell ya later, fags.

>amphetamine prescription to prepubescents
>or how I learned to start worrying and hate psychiatric doctors

This is of course a hotly debated issue, further complicated by a completely rigid school system, doctors that like money and are in private practice, and the ADHD meme in the DSM encompassing so many different symptoms and actions in a patient that being diagnosed is as guaranteed that it's third to death and taxes.

I think that it's downright criminal to prescribe children with amphetamines pre puberty. Many of the "symptoms" are normal child behavior. The few that generally need it are outweighed by the many whose parents and schools go to the pill giver instead of put an ounce of effort into children.

Even worse, doctors have preferences to drugs based on economic factors and prescribe mainly Ritalin and Adderall, previously talked about due to their downsides compared to more modern amphetamines like Vyvanse and others.

You're giving an anti psychotic, super anti depressant, and powerful stimulant to people whose minds and bodies haven't even begun to gel. Many of the symptoms of this ADHD go away within the first year or 2 of puberty.

It's simply unethical what they do. If the symptoms persist in puberty, you can get a proper diagnosis. Before then, it's a crapshoot unless the patient is truly fucked up, but there are steps to take before amphetamines even then.

It can give full grown men permanent psychosis. Even low dosages to a kid pre puberty will permanently change them.

When the long term studies come out to light, only then will the doctors who already know these things cease their actions.

Fucks with your heart.
Makes people mentally unstable.
Ruins your teeth.
Causes nerve damage.
Just take some vitamins and drink some caffeine you stupid edgy faggot.

Name one successful long term amphetamine user.
It gets everyone in the end. Enjoy rehab.

Hitler took amphetamines daily. How else does one become the Übermensch?

pretty sure most regular amphetamine users don't go around advertising the fact, so we have no data from which to examine your question.

Just Google amphetamine psychosis. That's all it takes not to be a retard.

>final post and then discussion

>should I take it?

It's up to you. Fully research the benefits and negatives and weigh it out for yourself.

>Why do you talk about Vyvanse so much?

I'm on 70mg a day and had bad experiences with the other amphetamines. Vyvanse releases slower, has no crash, is easy on the organs, and has great bioavailibility. It has the lowest chance of giving you amphetamine psychosis in high doses (sometimes you wake up to take Meds, forget, and take an extra; which would fuck you up hard if it was Adderall once a day in a comparable dose), and trials show it has the least side effects and dependence issues.

It's just lysine put onto a dextroamphetamine. That makes a ton of difference. Unlike Adderall and Ritalin dextroamphetamine works more in an anti depressant manner.

That of course should be the goal of amphetamine prescription. Pure cns stimulant amphetamines are just pre workout with 3 scoops or drinking a pot of coffee.

amphetamines.org/paul-erdos.html

Paul Erdös (1913-1996), "the man who loved only numbers", was one of the most brilliant and prolific mathematicians of the twentieth century. Erdös spent much of his restless life on psychostimulants. As he once remarked, "A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." [some sources attribute the original quote to Erdös' friend and fellow Hungarian mathematican Alfréd Rényi.]
But Erdös liked stronger medicine too. After his mother's death in 1971, Erdös became quite depressed. His physician prescribed amphetamines. Erdös took Benzedrine or Ritalin almost every day for the last twenty five years of his life. Sometimes he took both.

Long-term use of amphetamines often exacerbates depression. When used chronically, too, amphetamines usually induce stereotyped thought and behaviour rather than creativity. But Paul Erdös seems to be an exception. He felt living on speed helped him to create maths. At an age when most mathematicians have long since burnt out, his output was certainly prodigious.

Colleagues worried that Erdös might have become addicted. In 1979, he accepted a $500 bet from his friend Ronald Graham. Graham challenged Erdös to abstain from speed for 30 days. Erdös met the challenge, but his output sank dramatically. Erdös felt the progress of mathematics had been held up by a stupid wager.

In an article by Paul Hoffman published in November 1987, Atlantic Monthly profiled Erdös and discussed his Benzedrine habit. Erdös liked the article, "...except for one thing...You shouldn't have mentioned the stuff about Benzedrine. It's not that you got it wrong. It's just that I don't want kids who are thinking about going into mathematics to think that they have to take drugs to succeed."

Nice informative posts, user. You are doings God's work when it comes to fighting the addiction epidemic.

And amphetamines specifically are made to have the highest bioavailibility when taken orally and broken down in the digestive system.

It's like smoking a cigarette or joint with coke in it. You wanted a massage and got a baseball bat to the back. Now you want the hard hit and the proper bed to lie in.

That's exactly why they become addicts.

>people who cannot tell the difference between smoking crystal meth and taking medication only in the prescribed amounts

Is it just shitposting or are you really that fucking stupid?

He was injected with methamphetamine and vitamins every day.

His health suffered massively for this. Pure cns stimulants are trash for you.

And like I said in a previous post, the amphetamines the nazis got on the front combined with very long periods of high intensity combat caused the German army to crumble at times where victory was inevitable.

>the 7th Panzer division kept out running it's supply and some tankers became psychological casualties during the battle of France

>prescribed to vyvance in college
>completely altered my brain chemistry
>first 8 hours, can topple the world
>coming down become depressed, anxiety through the roof
>when I wasn't on it, I binged ate, groggy and lazy, couldn't get myself to get out of bed most days
>have a mild stutter already, on 60mg I stutter on every word
>been off it for 3 months, thinking is more clear, no longer depressed, etc

this shit is basically meth. its not designed for long term use. don't fall for the doctors meme.

No, I'm talking about adderall and ritalin which I was prescribed.
Pull your head out of your ass tweaker faggot.

The core temperature increase is due entirely to the nervous system stimulation.

Medical amphetamines are only neurotoxic when you take too much. It's like overclocking a shit cpu.

And that's only found in the older Meds or in extremely high dosages of the newer dextroamphetamine based meds.

The tunnel visioning is generally someone who is a lightweight when it comes to stimulants, and their reaction with such an alien type of stimulant.

A decrease in dosage and change of medication generally fixes it. When that doesn't do it, then you have to dig deeper and go a different direction.

Vyvanse (lisdextroamphetamine) helps with the slower release and that your body effectively absorbs half the mg amount it says on the pill.

You could say it's 50% lisene and 50% amphetamine. Not exactly how it is but it's a close enough description.

>literally had a post on the issue of Ritalin and Adderall being straight cns stimulant amphetamines without any real psychological benefit

Nice shitposting. It's not hard to read the thread before posting.

>Every single military pilot
>Astronauts
>Almost all airline pilots due to heavy military backgrounds
>US special forces
>floor traders
>Von Braun
>Buzz Aldrin
>secret service
>Snipers
>Oppenheimer
>Enrico Fermi
>Eugene Sandow
>a shit ton of scientists and mathematicians
>any surgeon who performs hours long surgeries

Go go pills are fucking everywhere m8

How do I get prescribed, is bullshitting the doctor an option? I already have a refereal to a psychologist for depression, can I twist it to ADD?

I was given ADD medication as a kid, of course it's not that I had trouble paying attention but more so I was super bored in school and so I would daydream all day

I only took it a few times, I pretty much refused it. and honestly I don't remember it doing anything, I never felt more focused or anything on it.

anyway, as an adult I feel like I might need a little help focusing now. I wonder if a low dose would be good for me. Not to be used daily, just when I have something important to do and I really don't want to get side tracked

Not necessarily, you may just be genetically prone to developing those kinds of conditions and you may not even know it. You can take speed for the first time and completely mess up your mind.. forever.

that's why libtards try to shame meth but it is truly the most Aryan drug

>can I twist it to ADHD?

You likely don't have to. Vyvanse and other dextroamphetamines are given for depression. Just say how you feel and let him know you researched it and wonder what his opinion about it is. Let him know you are interested and believe it's a good idea to try.

Or bullshit. I would try not to.

Buy pre-workout. It's cheaper than seeing a psych and will give you that little oomph.

If it's not that little, I definitely recommend it. They have spot dose amphetamine prescriptions.

Remember you're looking for a dextroamphetamine like Vyvanse and not Adderall or Ritalin.

OP finally made me Not want to kill myself

other problems:

4) dry mouth, leading to decrease in gum and tooth health esp. if combined w vaping weed repeatedly

5) cold extremities (pallid freezing handshake for me and cold sweating feet and armpits)

6) giant unavoidable sweatstains

7) possible increased focus

8) increased desire to masturbate

9) decreased erection quality in terms of generalized reliability in raw performance

10) decreased emotional rapport/availability-- smart like a cold lizard on a hot rock-- ready to analyze with logic very deeply but unable to connect deeply or care about the same things as intensely due to

11) eventual shift in hedonic connections

12) crashes on day after probable

t.adderall prescription

It can cause brain atrophy. You can get a lot of work done, then none later on in life. Good for a soldier.

>Vyvanse

Expensive as fuck.

Ok tomorrow I'll go to the doc I'll describe to him my symptoms.
The article on Wikipedia says that it is useless against depression and is no more effective than SSRIs alone, and it could also make depression worse being an amphetamine. What should I say if the doctor raises these valid vpoints?

30x 30mg xr capsule user reporting in. Been taking it sense highschool. Was going for chem degree when i decided it was bad and stopped taking it. Stopped taking it failed out a semester after that. Started again last year, reapplied, switched over to I.T. degree and now im a semester away from completion and already working as an intern with several decent job leads. 10/10 wont stop taking again.

The orange pill turns you gay.

It's unlikely you'll get it if you have depression. I have depression, ADHD, OCD, and social anxiety disorder but I told my psychiatrist about my ADHD first so I didn't have to worry about it. He still doesn't know I have depression or any suicidal thoughts/tendencies because doctors are likely not to prescribe you strong/easily abused drugs if you have disorders that cause people to abuse drugs like depression.

I take anti-psychotics and mood stabilizers.

That's the pharmies way of saying, stfu and don't tell anyone your still angry.

Here is something I never understood. ADD is an attention disorder given to people with hyperactivity. But it's a stimulant ...
How the fuck does it work?

Adderall/amphetamine is only useful if used occasionally. Constant dosing of adderall nullifies the effects.

Once to twice a week max. Also it makes your dick shrink.

Caffeine and nicotine are much better.

I had the same question. A friend of mine described it really well: for people with ADHD, stimulants will calm you. For people without it, they do the opposite.

Basically, people with ADHD are unable to pay attention and focus on anything because they're too distracted by their surroundings or their mind basically runs away from them so they often get lost in their thoughts, talk too much, or just get bored with whatever they should be doing and shift to something else, usually something unproductive.

Stimulants like Adderall for example make your mind more alert. When you have ADHD, you're alert, but to the wrong things, so Adderall will stimulate you to the right things so you don't have to self-stimulate as the brains of people with ADHD often do. A drug that controls the stimulating chemicals in your brain balances them out better than an ADHD brain is capable of doing by itself, if that makes any sense.

A drug that calms people with ADHD still wouldn't help with their attention issues, because the chemicals in their brain will still be unbalanced.