Does Sup Forums approve of HP Lovecraft? As a reminder...

Does Sup Forums approve of HP Lovecraft? As a reminder, he was considered to be ludicrously racist even by the standards of his time (when the KKK was at its height) and he hated even other white people, considering only the English to have proper civilization, and Americans to have a second-rate but acceptable knockoff version. He even hated the Nazis.

Other urls found in this thread:

files.meetup.com/18512651/Tales of the Marvellous and the Ridiculous - Edmund Wilson.pdf
greatmindsonrace.wordpress.com/2011/10/02/h-p-lovecraft/
hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/essays/cd.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He mightve been a shitty person, but he was a great author for sure.

Why was he a shitty person?

He's a good writer but his racism is so extreme it's comical. In one of his stories he calls a black guy's arm a foreleg

Sounds like a cuck. Also (((BEADY))).

The only red pilled person in the history of man kind.

He had good ideas, but his writing style was retarded.

> Hur hur I'll beat every sentence to death with adverbs and adjectives for extra 2spooky

He wasn't a happy person for sure, often deeply depressed and full of hate. He would fit in great on Sup Forums

>In one of his stories he calls a black guy's arm a foreleg

holy kek which story?

Typical beady eyed Anglo.

He looks like an inbred mongrel. He is clearly inferior and subhuman. Could be a crypto Jew behind his divide and conquer views.

He thought anglos were better than everyone else and then married a jew.

He just said mean things about pretty much everyone, so he really wasn't.

Niggers, white trash, Arabs/Persians, fish people, gods; none escaped his pen.

Kek agrees

He got the American-British thing backwards, but otherwise was right.

>everything must be greentext format

He married a Jewish woman, you know.
That's nothing. In one of his stories, a creepy white woman lives alone in a mansion at the outskirts of a town. People go near the mansion, disappear, and snakes slither out of it, clearly implying she's a witch who turns people into animals. in the end, the big plot twist isn't that she's a witch, it's that she's actually black and can just pass for white.

The eternal Anglo conquers the Jew, so it makes sense that he did.

Anglos are truly the master race.

great author would recommend reading all of his work

He did it too ruin that Jewish bloodline

His prose was shit tho
read wilson's review: files.meetup.com/18512651/Tales of the Marvellous and the Ridiculous - Edmund Wilson.pdf

Lovecraft is one of the most creative people to ever live, and he is on a level of redpill that most of us can only fantasize about. That said, he's not a good writer.

People say he was anti-Semitic but his first and only wife was Jewish.

On the Creation of Niggers

When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a Nigger.

That's because only a Jew could marry someone as autistic as he was

Probably herbet West reanimator

He was utterly bonkers, but lucid.

He was a visionary, and a permanvirgin.

yes- he was Sup Forums

>Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

He was a nigger lover

At least read The Color Out of Space and The Shadow Over Innsmouth before you dismiss him as an author. Those are his best two stories imo.

he had sex with his wife once.

"It is a mistake to allow Jews to mingle with Aryans as social equals. I have never been forced to do this, & at high school I drew the colour line at Jews as well as negroes, though of course there is no racial comparison between the two classes of undesirables." ––from a letter written November 25, 1915.

>American education
no yours is literally the knockoff version, ever since your traitorous social experiment of 1776

yeah he taught me the expression

>gibbous moon

love those words though.

he was a good writer, apart from the rest of it.

>Anglo referring to himself as Aryan

Fake.

then he marries a Jew and excuses it because he "made her human"

He writes about a black cat, NiggerMan. Great writer

He mellowed out over time. Felt that as long as you integrated, you were good. I mean he married a Jew, for God's sake.

greatmindsonrace.wordpress.com/2011/10/02/h-p-lovecraft/

he named his cat Niggerman too

Truly an Eternal Anglo

The greatest race ever to grace this earth

He had a very unique writing style which worked well for most of his fiction. A lot of the time he was guilty of creating adverb salad, but he wasn't really that much worse than other contemporary British authors.

Stories like Nyarlathotep and the Dunwich Horror combine his silly adverbs with other elements like unreliable narration to make shit spooky, and it works. In some of the other stories it doesn't work. He also didn't do it all the time, some of his earlier work like The Alchemist is relatively free of it.

He died before he wrote his masterpieces.

The direction he was going in with The Shadow Out of Time and The Haunter in the Dark was a much mature blend of sci Fi and horror instead of just
>Gahhh there's a creepy monster after needed

He probably would have written much greater things if he lived 10 more years.

Oh yes my BritBro
>gibbous moon
He was a genius. The cthulhu mythos an amazing creation

>perfecting something makes it a knockoff

IP range leaf ban when?

Anybody who calls their cat "Niggerman" is alright by me

He kind of went full neet-mode before welfare was around.

Thats why for the last months of his life he didnt eat nothing but baked beans.

he looks like adam sandler

He was married to a Jew too. Alt-right as fuck

He had like stage 5 cancer. They only thing he could probably digest was baked beans.

hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/essays/cd.aspx

This guy would be posting on Sup Forums if he was alive today

He is literally Sup Forums if it existed back then. His poem On The Creation Of Niggers sounds like something you'd find here.

I do have to wonder how his racism meshed with his cosmicist philosophy. If nothing we do matter and Earth is just a dumb rock in an infinite sea of dumb rocks, what's the point in getting mad over niggers?

>60% white
>run by Jews
>no monarchy, corrupt officials and lobbyists instead (unless maybe Mr. Soros counts as the King of America?)
>shit education
>shit television
>shit culture made up 90% of McDonald's commercials and 10% of reminiscing over the period when America was actually good

>As a reminder, he was considered to be ludicrously racist even by the standards of his time

You do know near the end of his life he denounced his racism right?

You can tell by the change in his later writing

The fact he had a black cat named niggerman is hilarious though

>70% white
>run by chinamen
>fake monarchy, corrupt officials instead
>no good unis
>no important artists
>no culture

>jews corrupted your system

All of what you said applied to England too.

source? His later writing was largely unfinished, maybe he didn't get a chance to fill in the juicy racism he'd been working on.

>His prose was shit tho

Disagree mate. I kind of get what youre saying, in that when I read him as a very young lad, it can be awkward. His sentences are often as convoluted and strange as the words he dredges from obscurity.

However, I would now prefer to describe his prose style as Baroque, or New England Gothic, or somethimg, before I would straight out say it was 'shit'.

Its got an eldritch morbundity which is knd of unique and totally appropriate for his bonkers tales.

>Does Sup Forums approve of...

Just read whatever you like, kid. You don't have to ask for our approval.

Agreed. It's a little unwieldy, but the imagery and imagination in it is wonderful.

Nah, it's just awful. It's clogged, awkward, and undistinguished.
Read Macaulay or James Cabell if you want good prose.

Because one still must have standards, dear boy.
Also listen to the album by rudimentary peni called cacophony

>source?

Trying to find it right now, I know they mention it in the documentary about him, but thats not really a source so I'm trying to find the article I read

Yes, my point was that you didn't improve shit.

I can't even tell if you're trying to insult Canada or the UK kek. Either way

>American Ivy Leagues
>good

Yeah okay there gramps. I'm sure the niggers rioting at Harvard Law are upstanding students and citizens. I'm certain Yale is not in fact cucked to shit, there's no way that could have happened, nope, I mea- wait, protests? What? Oh, Harvard Republicans endorsed Hillary? Sorry to hear that m80

Lovecraft was the original Sup Forumsack.

>recluse
>hates everyone
>thinks other races are inferior
>idolizes the past
>worships obscure/made-up cosmic beings
>hypocritically marries a Jew

I wonder who could be behind that documentary

>>American Ivy Leagues
>>good
It's better than anything you've got. But you flatter yourself by jumping straight to the Ivy League. Even our mid tier unis outrank your best.

August Derelth was also a lot better than him

Same as Clark Ashton Smith

Isle of the Tortures is a great read

Dear God, it's real! 10/10

Jew tits are powerful.

YOu are a complete idiot to even try to compare Canadian universities to American universities

Its actually just a bunch of other writers talking about him

Though I can't find the article, so I'm thinking I may be mistaken

He thought Hitlers racial philosophy was too weak.

hail zozzle hail victory kill the kek menace

>racist
>beta
>virgin

yeah, sounds like me

Real Aryans are Persians. Has nothing to do with hair or eye color. Ancient history doesn't lie.

>Even our mid tier unis outrank your best.

University of Toronto is ranked with your T14 though

>YOu are a complete idiot to even try to compare Canadian universities to American universities

user said Americans "improved" British culture. I literally couldn't care less that Canada is a marginal irrelevant shithole. God Save the Queen.

You guys ever read Pickman's Model? You can see the ending coming a mile away, but the way it plays out and the oomph of it is so fucking scary.

>Cacophany

>Rudimentary Peni

geezer right there. good to have you aboard brother.

>Can't even fathom the madness

gets me everytime

What is everyones favourite HP Lovecraft stories?

I like

Shadow IN The Attic
Colour out of space
Witches Hollow
The horror at red hook
The Dark Brotherhood (collaboration with August Derleth)

HPL was cool as fuck, here's hoping Del Toro gets his finger (or tentacle) out to make "Mountains of Madness"

I love At the Mountains of Madness. The archeological aspect and the deep history he lays out fascinated me.

>ur T14 though
>not middle tier

John Carpenter's "The Thing" is loosely based on it. It's an oldie but a goodie.

I've been thinking of picking up a Lovecraft compilation at the bookstore near me. Should I? What are his best stories?

His later writing could be argued as a turn on his old racist views or going even further with them.

At the Mountains of Madness is sometimes cited as an example of Lovecraft overcoming his racism as the narrator comes to respect, admire and sympathize with alien creatures even after they slaughter some of his fellow men. However, these alien creatures he's sympathizing with were essentially slavers and were wiped out when their slaves rebelled. It could very easily be interpreted as Lovecraft sympathizing with American slavers.

And the Shadow Over Innsmouth has the protagonist being, in great detail, disgusted and terrified by a town full of fishmen pretending to be human, but at the end of the book he realizes he, too, is part fishman. Some people would describe this as intended to fill the reader with horror, but you could interpret it as something more positive, as there's little tone in the ending to give insight on the author's perspective.

Thats a great one too

The Case Of Charles Dexter Ward is a good one aswell

The Thing is an adaptation of "Who Goes There?"

>What are his best stories?

see

Do you understand what the word "middle" means, user? T14 schools are called "tier 1" for a reason, which is not that they are the middle. Considering there are at least 300 "real" universities in the states and thousands of shitty degree mills, a belief that the top 14 are mid-tier is something that only an American education could produce.

horror for atheist

love it

There's a book with a bio of him and when he stopped being such a beta autist he started to run around the east coast drinking wine and partying with people and he loved the way the people looked at a lot of the little places he would visit. His stories also speak of strange inbred people as well, overall he is definitely pretty cool.

"Next best Thing", I suppose... I have never read the original "Thing From Another World" novel which came out only a few years after "MOM" and see it as a pale imitation - but what Carpenter did with the source material was pure gold.

I love reading Lovecraft at night when I'm trying to get to sleep. Very comfy.

My bad. Still a good movie though.

The world would be a better place if Lovecraft was still around and shitposting on Sup Forums and /x/

I can't help but feel like we'd see him as a cooler Reviewbrah

I know it's hard for someone from a Canadian university to understand, but not everyone who says mid tier is going by the standard definitions.
>a belief that the top 14 are mid-tier is something that only an American education could produce.
An education far superior to anything found in your non country? You've produced nothing worth preserving

I dislike how "Lovecraftian" has become shorthand for "crazy monsters". True Detective season 1 is intensely Lovecraftian, and it only has (maybe) supernatural elements at the very end. It's all about the mystery and the idea of evil lurking just beneath the surface.