Why did Israel want the US to invade Iraq in 2003?

Why did Israel want the US to invade Iraq in 2003?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0-Lvv1f5Qu4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Clean_Break:_A_New_Strategy_for_Securing_the_Realm
iraqwatch.org/perspectives/rumsfeld-openletter.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=EBAO9O_fpbw
cbsnews.com/news/gen-zinni-theyve-screwed-up/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_oil_production
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Middle east was tired of the petro dollar.
Saddam
Gaddafi
Etc.

Yes this makes sense why the US wanted to invade, but I keep hearing that Iraq was an Israei war, but was it?

that nigga had the nerve to fire missiles at tel aviv from Iraq

My understanding was the Iraqis attacked Israel so that Israel would retaliate and the Arab allies with the US would be against war with iraq because they didnt want to be on the same side as Israel and the US would have gotten kicked out of Saudi Arabia. But Israel didn't retaliate.

So they could invade:
>Afghanistan
>Pakistan
>Yemen
>Syria
>Iran
>others
The following years.

Just kidding, it's all about freedom and human right.

Destroy all Muslim buffer states to Iran.

exactly user

gives you a sense about how the madmen like Qaddafi function and how naive they can be.

Why not drive Iran and Iraq to attack each other again?

israel benefits in aid / weapons, being a bigger regional power, they get to make the case how "all arabs are animals" and it gets the conversation off of gaza / jerusalem / golan highs
among other things

Kitty History explains everything.

youtube.com/watch?v=0-Lvv1f5Qu4

Because that doesn't stop Iran from collecting nuclear weapons and nuking the shit out of Israel.

DELET THIS

To help establish Greater Israel in the long run

Israel is only 8 million people lol and their birthrate isn't so much.

What do they need more clay for?

iraq is part of the promised land.

>in 2003

Buddy they had been trying to do that for a lot longer than that.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Clean_Break:_A_New_Strategy_for_Securing_the_Realm
>A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm (commonly known as the "Clean Break" report) is a policy document that was prepared in 1996 by a study group led by Richard Perle for Benjamin Netanyahu, the then Prime Minister of Israel.[1] The report explained a new approach to solving Israel's security problems in the Middle East with an emphasis on "Western values." It has since been criticized for advocating an aggressive new policy including the removal of Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq and the containment of Syria by engaging in proxy warfare and highlighting its possession of "weapons of mass destruction".
>1996

I think Iran would be more concerned about nuking Riyadh than Tel Aviv

iraqwatch.org/perspectives/rumsfeld-openletter.htm

>Iraq's position is unacceptable. While Iraq is not unique in possessing these weapons, it is the only country which has used them -- not just against its enemies, but its own people as well. We must assume that Saddam is prepared to use them again. This poses a danger to our friends, our allies, and to our nation.

>For years, the United States has tried to remove Saddam by encouraging coups and internal conspiracies. These attempts have all failed. Saddam is more wily, brutal and conspiratorial than any likely conspiracy the United States might mobilize against him. Saddam must be overpowered; he will not be brought down by a coup d'etat. But Saddam has an Achilles' heel: lacking popular support, he rules by terror. The same brutality which makes it unlikely that any coups or conspiracies can succeed, makes him hated by his own people and the rank and file of his military. Iraq today is ripe for a broad-based insurrection. We must exploit this opportunity.

>Once you make it unambiguously clear that we are serious about eliminating the threat posed by Saddam, and are not just engaged in tactical bombing attacks unrelated to a larger strategy designed to topple the regime, we believe that such countries as Kuwait, Turkey and Saudi Arabia, whose cooperation would be important for the implementation of this strategy, will give us the political and logistical support to succeed.

>We are confident that were you to launch an initiative along these line, the Congress and the country would see it as a timely and justifiable response to Iraq's continued intransigence. We urge you to provide the leadership necessary to save ourselves and the world from the scourge of Saddam and the weapons of mass destruction that he refuses to relinquish.

>1998

to destroy Iraq and Saddam Hussein who was an extreme anti-semite and the biggest single threat to Israel

this is a cool read

Greater Israel.
youtube.com/watch?v=EBAO9O_fpbw

Spot on. Which is precisely why the whole region should be nuked. Lunatics.

tell me about the american
why does he spread democracy by the sword

cbsnews.com/news/gen-zinni-theyve-screwed-up/

>>"Well, it starts with at the top. If you're the secretary of defense and you're responsible for that. If you're responsible for that planning and that execution on the ground. If you've assumed responsibility for the other elements, non-military, non-security, political, economic, social and everything else, then you bear responsibility," says Zinni. "Certainly those in your ranks that foisted this strategy on us that is flawed. Certainly they ought to be gone and replaced."

>Zinni is talking about a group of policymakers within the administration known as "the neo-conservatives" who saw the invasion of Iraq as a way to stabilize American interests in the region and strengthen the position of Israel. They include Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz; Undersecretary of Defense Douglas Feith; Former Defense Policy Board member Richard Perle; National Security Council member Eliot Abrams; and Vice President Cheney's chief of staff, Lewis "Scooter" Libby.

>Zinni believes they are political ideologues who have hijacked American policy in Iraq.

>"I think it's the worst kept secret in Washington. That everybody - everybody I talk to in Washington has known and fully knows what their agenda was and what they were trying to do," says Zinni.

>>"And one article, because I mentioned the neo-conservatives who describe themselves as neo-conservatives, I was called anti-Semitic. I mean, you know, unbelievable that that's the kind of personal attacks that are run when you criticize a strategy and those who propose it. I certainly didn't criticize who they were. I certainly don't know what their ethnic religious backgrounds are. And I'm not interested."

Because Saddam cucked muslims there.

>mexico
how do all the other countries on that list manage to not be complete shitholes except mexico?

fucking mexicans

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_oil_production
When was it? I thought Saudi always was above us

for Greater Israel

I thought US was #1 now