ITT: Ask a Mormon anything

ITT: Ask a Mormon anything.
I'm sure some of your must be curious about my church, if only because of it's politically iffy past.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jqQPTxo_voo
youtube.com/watch?v=qmk_CYjow0A
exmormon.org
reddit.com/r/exmormon/
youtu.be/n3BqLZ8UoZk
amarillo.com/stories/083100/bel_utah.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shameless selfbump

I'm a Mormon as well. I'll ask a question friendo.
Have you served a mission? I served in Japan. Struggling to go to church at the moment, just trying to figure out my reasons for going etc, I want it to be for my good rather than because other people want me to.
Another question, how do we deal with the annoying culture of mindless church attendance just because? How can we help our brothers and sisters come to church for the right reasons and not go just because people harass them if they don't?

Can I have one of your women?

Is it true that people who leave the church get shunned by their families and friends?

Sure, just get married in the temple so you can be married forever.
Be careful of the Utah ones. They're kinda insane and men starved. Not in a good way.

is it true that you all thought black people were demons before the civil rights movement?

is it true that you have to wear magic underwear and spent a day in a special building in order to become a true mormon?

Can I, an atheist, have some 10/10 blonde mormon girl to be my wife?

Do you have the capacity to explain.the Rosetta Stone and the significance it has on Mormonism? Also, what is your opinion on the Salamander letter?

Why is it that every ward I go to the only YSA girls that haven't been taken are the fat, annoying ones? Do I have to be chad to get a Mormon qt?

US Calvary should have wiped out your kind when they had the chance.

Sorry but Sup Forums won't let me say anything, because everything is getting marked as spam.

>Ask a Mormon anything.
What did Texas mean by this, OP?

Oh, so you let that through?
Son of a gun.

Depends. I'll be honest, sometimes there's some social awkwardness etc.
Shunning them is something you don't really see, we are encouraged to be like Jesus to people who decide not to come. The worst I'd say is that it's kind of a status symbol as a parent if all your kids go to church. Can't stand that.
We didn't think they were demons. They actually got the priesthood under Joseph Smith, it was the next prophet who controversially introduces the ban.
Like a priest has his special clothes, our underwear is a symbol and a reminder of the promises we make to God.
We make those promises in a 'special building' called a temple. We don't spend the day in there though. That'd be lame.
I mean you could marry one, but most of them if not 95% are going for a marriage with a Mormon bloke. The other 5% are the ones that you gotta be careful of..
Keep searching friendo.
We're still heeeeere :)

What's a YSA?
How can I get married in the temple, don't I have to prove I'm a Mormon? My ex fiancé was Mormon I think she said I wouldn't be able to unless I did something.

Gonna try posting for real now
Sure, if you treat her right, and she likes you.
Just wait until after marriage for sex.
Maybe, though that's less of a church thing, and more of an issue with the people
Nah, joined to late for that

Make more of a community. Have a potluck, or an activity for parents to bring kids to.
Community is what makes this church nice, if it doesn't have that something is wrong.

Why do you guys have such great/large families?

ANOTHER fucking mormon thread. Fuck off shills. How much is Monson paying you faggots?

Can't wait for your retarded cult to disappear within the 21st century.

If it means more white people im for it.

Do you know you aren't christian? How does heresy feel?

If i join do i get a good job and virginal traditional wife?
Can i stockpile guns and food?

>does Mormon leadership want to conquer the world in religious terms the way Protestants accuse them?

>is the Mormon leadership as creepy as it sounds?

Op when will u fuckin mormons free us utahns from your oppressive very un-american religious views affecting all of the states residents?

What's your endgame?

Do you believe, falsely, that you are a Christian?

No questions, just wanted to let you know that I respect Mormons after living in Utah for a few years. Everything about you guys are great besides some of your religious beliefs, but I don't let that get in the way.

Did Joseph Smith read out of a hat?

Young single adult
Its kind of a shame of a name haha
So to get married in the temple you have to have been a member in good standing for over a year. Then you can go through the temple and get married forever. Pretty serious commitments and promises with God though, you can't make them lightly!
Because we bloody love families. Not all perfect, I should no. But families are actually the best.
>t. Salty ex-mormon
It'd be nice but boring if everyone was a Mormon. Hell, the belief is that even after Christ comes back most people still won't magically convert.
The leadership is actually awesome, we get to hear them every half year, you should look up general conference.

Nah, a lot of reasons for that, the one I believe in is that we just didn't want to give people even more reasons to genocide us

I would also like to state, the underwears more of a modesty thing.
We don't want church members strutting around in g strings, so it's a way of ensuring they wear clothes modest enough to cover their shame.
Though swimwear and stuff like that is an exception.

If she wants to, sure.
It's a stone with egyptian and greek, sinc we knew greek, we could use it to translate egyptian, not sure how that affects my church.

Salamander letter?
Well we're taught to date frequently and with many people, so we find the right person, as opposed to long periods with/without a partner.
If one of them is just dating someone, she may be willing to date you anyway, since dates to us are just a way to get to know someone.

Are you in Utah

Are you wearing the magic underwear

Are mormon bitches kinky in bed

>Implying we wouldn't have desolved into a guerrilla force shreking them
>implying we aren't the most well prepared church for batshit craziness
>Jose
>white
I have no idea
We're taught to have a lot of kids
In relationship terms, it has it's upsides and it's downsides.
You end up with a lot of annoying toddlers.
But also get to fuck like rabbits
Eternal salvation
I'll be waiting for you when you get saved in the afterlife and come to heaven so I can smug you so hard you'd wish you were in hell
Oh shit, we're not?
Whelp, time to allahu ackbar, seeya
>Good Job
That's on you, though I guess your chances are higher if you apply for work with/under someone you know at the church
>virginal traditional wife
On you too, though your chances are atleast 90% higher than anywhere else
>Can i stockpile guns and food
It's encouraged to be prepared for emergency situations.
We're a church of survivors

Why aré you invading My Chihuahua state like your rightful clay?

Why does the Mormon Church remained heavily homophobic? Honest question. Also, how much do your views differ between regions? Are Utah Mormons typically more conservative than Oregon Idaho or in your case, Australian Mormons?

Some of us (((jack mormons))) do it for lulz.

Why havent you killed yourself yet

Can I have many wives and still go to heaven if i were to conver mormon?

Stop being cringy, you're making us look bad. And don't swear, it lowers you
We don't hate gays, in fact our last prophet was big in acceptance of them as people. We love the people, but the sin is never excusable. So in other words people can't control how they feel generally, but they can control their actions. Love the sinner not the sin.

Never, Utah is ours.
For god and state, or something, i dunno
Heaven
Nope.
I believe truthfully I am a christian
That's the thing.
Our church is the church of "Don't be a douchebag"
That's our culture.
"Don't be a douchebag"
I dunno, wasn't there
no

yes

wouldn't know for all of them, but mine can be
That's not us, those are some asshole pedos pretending to be us.
Feel free to fuck with them
We think marriage is between a man and a woman.
We don't hate gays, we just don't agree with their behavior.
I'm not the Aussie, but in my experience mormons tend to be somewhat similar everywhere you go
Suicide is against my religion
>many wives
Jacob 2:27, go away heretic

Conventional Mormonism, or the The LDS Church, does not promote polygamy. There are extremist sects that do this, but they are few in number.

So, for us, it is one wife, but as many children as possible.

Seldom Seen was the best Mormon

You need secret handshakes to get into heaven. You don't tell people that. You're in a cult. Why haven't you left yet?

Sorry, bad habit, hard to break.
I've been trying to avoid cursing, but I still slip.
And what do you mean cringy?
Our church does encourage stuff like stockpiling preservable food, water, etc, so we would be the most prepared.
I've learned to respond to ridiculous questions with ridiculous answers
thats FLDS
maybe
most of our bad/crazy stereotypes are because of them

I did friend. American in America.
about
>how do we deal with the annoying culture of mindless church attendance just because?
I struggle with this too. All I can say is to make it personal to you. I don't even listen to speakers or lessons a lot, I just do my own study and enjoy the feeling. It's hard to separate yourself from the rest of the people in the church, but you have to make sure you do it for you, and not let other people effect you, because that will drive you crazy, or even make you leave.

Test

Thoughts on lost boys? Have you lost membership since the internet has democratized the teachings of your church?

Nope, that's a lie. You absolutely need handshakes to get into heaven. Its from the Masonic rites that Joseph Smith stole.

Here's proof:
youtube.com/watch?v=qmk_CYjow0A

If you've been through a temple and state this, you are absolutely lying.

Let me guess, proxy with rare flag?
say what?
never heard of lost boys

lost boys are the ones who get kicked out of polygamist sects when there are too many boys vs girls.

I like tea too much to be a Mormon but I respect the culture even if honestly nothing in the Book of Mormon matches history. I guess my question is what makes you think Brigham Young was the proper successor to Joseph Smith? When Smith died the church splintered into many groups. There was the RLDS under Joseph Smith III, Sidney Rigdon's group, the Strangites who believe James Strang was a prophet, and many others.

No. Nobody cares faggot.

>imblying
DAS RAYCISSS

If they were secret, why would we tell people indeed? Question answered!
You're just being a little edgy is all haha
I actually really like this idea. I want to be a good kid. You know? That's a pretty good bit of advice user.
Nah mate, he didn't say that if they were secret though, it's not like we would be talking about them. Crazy huh?
Its horrible, they're part of those polygamy sects. We ban hammer those punks hard so they run away. I really feel for those kids.
These are good questions user! The tea things an interesting one. If our whole little shindig is true, then tea is a small thing to give up.
And the leadership passing to Young was another interesting one. Read up on it, short story is that the leadership was shattered discussing next steps after the martyrdom and Brigham rose to speak and they felt and saw Joseph in every one of his words and actions and they were like, heck guess we've got our man.

>hover over embed
>some weird costumes I've never seen
I've been in the temple.
they wear white suits
Like, completely white
White ties, undershirt, shirt, overcoat, pants, shoes, socks, etc
completely white suit
that's all the weird clothing we got
well, I guess there's white jumpsuits, but those are for baptisms
we aren't polygamist
Look up Jacob 2:27
Says in our book, multiple wives is a nono
that early stuff was a way for wives whos husbands had been slaughtered to still have a "man of the house"
because ours isn't a pedo and/or polygamist cult
because all we want is for everyone to get along
>he said, 49 replies in

That doesn't stop the FLDS and other sects from still doing polygamy. It reflects poorly on your communities and Utah refuses to prosecute it.

But you can read the script for the Mormon sealing and other rituals in their entirety on the darknet now.

I wouldn't say the leadership was entirely united in said decision though if major powers like Ridgon didn't go along with it though right?

Actually some of those groups are far from pedo/polygamist. The RLDS for example was founded by Joseph Smith's own son and one of their biggest stances at the time was anti-polygamy while the Utah group was still practicing it.

why do you still consider yourself a mormon?

>I believe truthfully I am a christian
How can you be a Christian if you don't hold Christian beliefs?

WTF I love Mormons now.

Trump or fellow mormon McMuffin?

Also thoughts on these sites?

exmormon.org

reddit.com/r/exmormon/

How do you know a religion is a cult? Search for ex-that religion and see how many sites pop up.

All the Mormons I know are really descent people with great families. Most are gun nuts like me, and I never have to worry that they are raging liberals.

will you please kill yourself utah sandnigger

Well, what are we suppose to do?
they've already left and become they're own church, so excommunication isn't an option.
We already condemn their actions.
What do you want, religious warfare?
We can't do anything but get mad when they give us a bad rep, then get no bad rep because nobody knows them
dunno much, just hear alot about the FLDS, and those weirdos in mexico
Neither, personally
why not
like what?
we aren't a cult bud
How about you and me come have a sip of this purple koolaid and we have a chat about it
>christians are conservatives
makes sense

no

I imagine so. Not even on the dark net I would say! But it's no good to go looking at that. Things that special and sacred shouldn't be taken that lightly. Even other religions sacred and special rites I take care to respect.
Very fair point. Keep in mind the church was still only several years young. Sadly apostasy and rebellion were common, even among the leadership. Crazy times.
>100% trusting what these angry people say.
I'm sure that a lot of their experiences they've had have been negative etc, but it doesn't mean that people don't exaggerate. Also, of we went by that logic, we could assume that the amount of people opposing Christianity must mean something. Because there's a lot.

Why do you like to suck dicks?

But to answer your question, it makes me sad that people have either had such a crap experience or they are so grumpy they feel the need to vent it out on the Internet. Same would go for any religion.

I hate you with a passion that you can't fucking fathom. One of the happiest moments of my life was learning that one of the dying words of my Mormon grandfather was that he knew it was bullshit but he thought my Grandmother was beautiful.

You people are some of the most delusional people I have ever met. I don't want to ask you any questions, I'll just leave you with some bombs and let you ignore them and have it fill you with anxiety you piece of shit.

Joseph Smith ordered that all his prophets leave to go on missions, and THEN he declared God told him he was a polygamist and married those wives.

Joseph Smith claimed he could translate Egyptian hieroglyphics. He claimed that the golden tablets he found were written in a similar language. They brought him some Egyptian writings to translate so he did. He made up a long bullshit fantasy story. 40 years later they could translate those for real and they were nothing but farming records.

Mormons have a ritual where virgin women go into a pool of water, which stands on oxe's heads to represent the lost tribes of Israel. Those women literally try to convert dead jews to Mormonism.

I hope you burn in hell you cunt.

>Southern Baptist less than 25%

Feels good to be based

Why do you like to pretend you're still relevant to the world?
Literally the only reason russia still matters is because you have a bunch of nukes, and had a screwy past.
Now you're just some "first" world country most people like to try and forget about.

Treat the non-mormons in your communities better, for starters.

youtu.be/n3BqLZ8UoZk

In all my years in this church, I've heard one of those things, and that one is kinda iffy, because the scrolls description was different in Joseph's translation, and the "official" translation meaning they may not have even been the same scrolls.

Hey, you were in the other thread. I'm sorry you feel that way.
>Mormons have a ritual where virgin women go into a pool of water, which stands on oxe's heads to represent the lost tribes of Israel. Those women literally try to convert dead jews to Mormonism.

..what?
Anyway, we can both disagree, bur if you're filled with hate and bitterness it'll only hurt you Klaus.
I actually agree with this!! We don't know how though to be honest. It's something we need to up our game on. It's particularly bad in Utah. We need to stop treating less active members like pariahs or problems to be fixed

>like what?
Like what the bible says - that Jesus is God - that God came to earth in the flesh as Jesus and died on the cross as a substitute for us, which is a fundamentally necessary belief to be a Chrisitian.

Also, who's to say God didn't 'chip in' with what he needed to say. It wasn't a traditional translation from what I understand. It was more an expansion on some of the ideas on the scroll. Still inspired and done through the power of God.

Who cares about the doctrine? Its a cult. They get tax breaks.

OH yeah do you guys believe Jewsus was married and had kids?

We usually try to, I don't know what you mean.
If someone in the church isn't treating you nicely, then they're going against the church, which says to be a nice person, so that people will want to join the church (And, you know, because being nice is a nice thing to do)
"god" = Godhead, IE
God, the father
God, the son
God, the holy spirit
Separate beings, united in purpose.
Here's a tip: If god is referred to as Elohim (Like he probably is in this video) its probably not the LDS church, but one of our weird offshoots.
Not as far as I can tell

The bible says there is only one God. By your logic, you believe in three.

That ex-mormons and those not of the faith are treated poorly in areas with mormon majorities.

amarillo.com/stories/083100/bel_utah.shtml

God, the father = Actual God
God, the son = Jesus
God, the holy spirit = The Holy Spirit

Hey, I am an Euro living in UT.
One of my co-workers got married and had a divorce two months later. Rumor has it that the guy she married liked drinking at night and playing with the xBox all the time.

Are "surprises" a common thing among LDS marriages? I mean, if you have never lived with your soon to be wife... how the hell do you know things are going to be completely ok?

I mean it doesn't say he wasn't... but we've never ever ever taught that. At least to my knowledge. So nah, not taught or believed. >Here's a tip: If god is referred to as Elohim (Like he probably is in this video) its probably not the LDS church, but one of our weird offshoots.
Fellow mormon speaks truth. Seen that video before, it's completely insaaaane.
Exaggerations, lies and taking stuff out of context.
Of course there is one God the Father. Christ is chosen by God to be his only begotten on the earth. You know, we really ought to be standing together against degeneracy rather than quibbling amongst ourselves. Never understood why we all do that.

>actual God
>thus implying Jesus isn't God
Then you are not a Christian.

Are you a polygamist? I'm a polygamist.

Ehhh, again could be just utah. Ex Mormons here are treated with concern more than anything.
Haha, yeah that's the fun thing. You've got to be bloody sure. But even still our divorce rate is one of the lowest if not the lowest amongst Christians.
Our belief is that Jesus was known as Jehovah or the great I Am before his mortal life and as Jehovah was acting under the direction of Heavenly Father. Thus God Himself still did indeed come among His people.
Stop being a ploygamist. We're not. It's bad and naughty

Problem with the people, and not the church.
Think about all the, if you'll pardon language, whores who screw 50 guys, then show up to church and say that because they believe in jebus they gon' be saved.
People will do stupid stuff, no matter what church.
no u r not a christian
Who defines what is and isn't "christian"?
I believe in Christ, as the only begotten son of god, and as our lord and savior.
But as we're also the children of God, that makes him our brother, which makes his sacrifice for us all the more personal.
No
You're supposed to get to know your partner before marriage.
they didn't mormon correctly.

>Who defines what is and isn't "christian"?
Only the bible

Its a cult. It exists because it gets tax-free investments that make money. Its numbers are (thankfully) drastically declining. Its polygamous sects and rejection of (historically) Blacks and gays hurts people in its midst. If you believe some drunk polygamist from the 1900's had golden tablets you are brainwashed or foolish or both.

What if future husband has no dick? How do you "get to know" your partner if you have never lived before with him/her?

Lol believes jews translation of egyptian writings and not christian scholarship that proves josph smith. Try hugh nibley emo german. Doesnt understand perfection of baptism for dead to fufill jesus commandment on baptism. Doesnt understand polygamy was josephs abrahamic sacrifice that all prophets must perform. Read think and listen instead of being a fool. To understand you are a fool is the first step of wisdom

Surprises are common among every marriage, user-kun. If you don't know the person you 'love' is a drunk and degenerate xbox lover just by looking at them, you're retarded

Or your interpretation thereof. Other Christians could argue that your sect isn't Christian for a variety of reasons. What faith are you?
Let's forget our differences, while still maintaining our faith and fight for our nations. While we fight among ourselves the (((enemy))) grows stronger. They love to divide and conquer!
I'm sure you're trying to say something interesting, but I can't quite understand...
Wait. I'm a cult member? Geeze... news to me.
If they have no Penis then they're not a future husband bit your future wife.
All jokes aside, you'd hope they mentioned something. They would.

As a jew I'm impressing by the brainwashing job they do on you lads.

Right, and the bible shows them as different beings when Jesus Christ sees the holy ghost, and asks for God to lessen the pain(Though not to outright stop it, and he accepts the refusal.
Why would God see himself, then ask himself to go easier on himself?
Or maybe I think that right now, a church that believes in good is what the world needs right now
Then they're in the fault for not letting you know something important like that.

Plenty of good churches that aren't cults. Mormons give 10% to get into the temple. Church takes that 10% and invests it, tax-free. You guys are really great at business. If you are somehow profiting from this scheme, good on you, but if you are just giving 10% and brainwashed, seek help.

When you guys go knocking on doors, is the goal to simply convert or Is it to raise awareness and start discussions about the Mormon Church?

I'm dating a mormon girl atm, despite being agnostic myself. How is that gonna work out?