WYOMING TO OUTLAW WIND AND SOLAR

popsci.com/wyoming-is-basically-trying-to-outlaw-clean-energy

Other urls found in this thread:

wyomingnews.com/news/wyoming-lawmakers-seek-higher-taxes-on-wind/article_6b4fb4fa-180e-11e6-a67a-5b6d926df0a4.html
legisweb.state.wy.us/LSOWeb/wyStatutes.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=IiNlthlz1d8
reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/oweit/pepsico_buying_city_water_rights/
youtube.com/watch?v=NK6NhY5ZjTk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Solar power is wasteful, it only captures a fraction of the sun's energy

that kind of waste should be against the law

Everything only captures a fraction of the sun's energy....

Jesus christ. How is that at all justifiable?

America should do this nationwide and then stick the liberals into the matrix, the literal shaking would power the country for aeons.

>fined $10 per megawatt sold

That sounds more like a tax to me, just like every other fucking tax liberals pass on every fucking thing ever. What's the problem with taxing energy now you fucking niggers?

Good move.
Sickening how some people are OK with draining the sun's power.
Also, if we use up all the wind then clouds can't move anymore which would be bad for the environment.

pay licensing fee for use sun !! pig

The shit's free.

You want to tax free shit?

I work in wind. And totally agree it's a waste. But pays the bills. and for now I'm looking for the next career opportunity as we speek.

SAVE OUR SUN

That's just bizarre.

As opposed to Texas, a very conservative state, which has more wind power than any other state in the US. At peak points, up to 40% of Texas has been powered by wind. Normally about 15%.

And it has nothing to do with eco weenies or the planeteers. It's because it's cheap.

There are towns in Wyoming that are built around the coal industry. Carbon taxes and other regulations are forcing these companies out of business, which will create ghost towns.
Meanwhile, an out of state companies and Chinese investors with no stake in the states welfare set up these farms.

>land of the free
>can't use solar

I hate all taxes, I was making a joke on how liberals love to fucking tax soda, cigarettes and whatever fucking else they can possibly tax but when their precious windmills come into play suddenly whoever wants to tax that is literally hitler.

The article even goes on how this "fine" (tax) hurts the industry and reduces growth.

fuck their fucking nigger double think, I don't support that tax but everything else is okay to tax.

fucking nigger faggots

>t. republican living in california

Bullshit.

It's about appeasing Liz Cheney's voting block.
Wyoming could be rich tomorrow if they lifted the film tax and legalized hemp.

>movies and pot

>muh weed

go back to Colorado

>pop sci
>is basically trying

Fake news

Who said anything about pot?

If you haven't noticed, the Wyoming sugar beet bean, and hay market is flat.

Farmers don't care if they produce industrial hemp.

>muh free market conservatism
fags

I know you're trolling but it still triggers me

dude what? Taxing stuff with a negative externality is literally econ 101, what are you bitching about?

WYOMING TO OUTLAW KILLING YOURSELF TO AVOID YOUR TRIAL
ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT

You did dumbshit.
The word is literally in your previous post.

>doesn't know the difference between hemp and pot

go to bed, kid

>muh coal
>muh manufacturing

why can't you rural shits join the 21st century

He only knows what his shitty teacher teaches him.

Fucking white people are becoming the niggers of the world

Enlighten me, senpai.

protip: you can't

Any energy but nuclear is not "clean energy". We should completely convert our energy infrastructure to nuclear and get rid of all those other shit energy sources.

forgetting something?

repubshits are basically the party of old, dying fossil fuels, no wonder they're fine with trump being a putin puppet, putin and the repubs stand to gain from billion dollar deals regarding oil, and trump inciting trade wars against china helps by keeping their cheap solar out of america

>per megawatt sold

If something is sold it very obviously isn't free.

Why would you seek to trigger me so much? I know you're shitposting but goddamn.

damn you have to be some sort of autist to make a reaction image just to reply to such an innocuous post

>free

Jesus fucking Christ you people.

>so mad he opened Paintshop Pro

>Dick Cheney mad as fuck

>you must support increasing taxes on everything or you're a hypocrite

Wind energy is actually profitable in many places.

How is something free if it's sold?

Come on, man, you can do better.

You're completely discounting the labor of the people being taxed. Sure, solar energy is free and you can collect as much as your imagination and engineering savvy allows. But that process isn't free. Time is not free, expertise is not free, materials are not free, storage is not free, infrastructure is not free.

WoW actual politics

>coal shills shilling

What on earth are you talking about?
You haven't answered the basic question and your pinko tendencies have shown for it.
If something is sold it is not free, full stop.
Fucking commies are all about free because they have zero value for human labor or knowledge.

You're right. Solar panels as they are now are criminally wasteful. We should build a Dyson Sphere around the sun and artificially heat and light our planet, instead.

Get on it, Jap. Make sure not to karoshi too hard while I am satisfying your wife and repopulating your country with white piglets.

>Dude weed
Gas yourself degenerate

Why wouldn't we include earth within the Dyson sphere?

what a joke state

>not_an_argument.png

that just seems stupid

Great the first time Wyoming has been in the news since that gay kid got murdered and it's for taxing cool futuristic technology. This does not help Laramie attract more qt hippie chicks.

Basic mathematics.

Build a dyson sphere near the sun and you use sqrt the solar panels. 2 times closer to the sun means 4 times more power per solar panel area. 10 times closer means 100 times more power per area.

Also a dyson sphere is pretty stupid at this point. Better off building solar plants in the desert, or a microwave power station near earth.

>that just seems stupid

The same state the debated if you can legally ride a drunk horse through a drive-thru liqour stoe.

This is really an multi-layered thing.

On one layer if they're planning to rake in cash from this then they are optimistic about the expansion of the industry.

On another they could be trying to eliminate the competition.

On still another they could be trying to prevent stupid shit like solar and wind farms from popping up in favor of encouraging decentralized energy production at the point of demand. Which I would fully support. If eventually every consumer can produce a fraction of their own electricity needs then that lessens demand on the infrastructure and makes partially self-sufficient homes/businesses which is a good thing.

I'm starting to respect the states again.

Why did they choose these colors /pol?

Are you literally autistic? Gas, alcohol, and ciggies are all taxed because of the negative effect on society. Don't believe those have negative effects? Go to smog city in China and start drinking. See if you die from cancer or liver failure first.

Fucking bullshit. Wyoming has built numerous "wind farms" that provide cheap energy to nearby cities.

This is fake news.

Source? Sounds hilarious. Wyoming is the weirdest state I've visited. They take the wild west thing literally, and they really are wild west. They make other "wild west" places look like posers.

Just wait untill we hit peak wind

Ok.

wyomingnews.com/news/wyoming-lawmakers-seek-higher-taxes-on-wind/article_6b4fb4fa-180e-11e6-a67a-5b6d926df0a4.html

Isn't Wyoming the windiest state? Why the fuck would they cut windpower out?

Making America Great Again!

>>This triggers the engineer

if leftists are finally realizing taxes are a ban, remove the cigarette and liquor ban

Oh you.

You are so far behind us... we already outlaw solar. Now you have to be a (((registered))) producer.

legisweb.state.wy.us/LSOWeb/wyStatutes.aspx

Wyoming has some of the greatest, and dumbest laws, but lately they have been taken over by pirates.

youtube.com/watch?v=IiNlthlz1d8

Sheeeeeeeeeit, we should also ban wasting energy. Fine people who leave TVs on while not in the room or lights on when not home.

That links to a search.. can you tell me how to find it?

A pro-solar industry group places us 45th

fucking wowfag. kill yourself.

Excellent move.

Why should they agree to have their state become some shitty dumping ground for gook investment firms to setup massive wind and solar installations?

They look like shit, don't actually produce much energy (isn't wind the shittiest form of "clean" energy there is), and the people of the state won't get much out of it. Why would they agree to pollute their relatively pristine rural landscape with wind and solar abomination farms?

Good job WY, I'll be sure to spend extra money at local businesses next time I visit your state to go fishing.

>is-basically
Didn't even read.

>catch rainwater
>bottle it and sell it as 'natural water'
>state taxes it
>YOU CAN'T TAX THAT, IT'S FREE!!!

>I'll be sure to spend extra money at local businesses next time I visit your state to go fishing.

You won't make it past Casper.

Pepsi has been doing it for years.

reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/oweit/pepsico_buying_city_water_rights/

I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

They're not being taxed on the amount of sunlight or rainwater collected, they're getting taxed on the sold, packages finished product. One bottle of water, one megawatt of energy.

For Vestas and their lot it has. For consumers it's shit, and little better for the utilities. It's hideously expensive, unreliable, and never produces as much as advertised. Plus it fucks up birds and in Scotland, win turbine farms have wiped out a valuable carbon sink. It's a fucking scam.

>I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

pointing out how stupid >The shit's free.
>You want to tax free shit?

is.

Oil is wasteful, it only captures a fraction of the energy in molecular bonds.

that kind of waste should be against the law

the only form of energy that should be legal is antimatter annihilation.

It's a horrible thing to rely on exclusively for obvious reasons. It works reasonably well when you have a large network but you can't avoid baseline like coal/gas/nuclear.

A guy in Texas has been doing it too.

One medium sized steel building
Nice gutter on the edge
Huge filtration system with storage tanks
Bottle system inside
Claims to be able to sell year-round

>gas gets me food on the table, to work on time, and energy.
>most effective way to stole energy
>negative

Please end your life nigger.

are you for real, taxes on that unhealthy crap are great. they should be a lot higher actually

FUCKING CHENEY
JC. Why the FUCK did Wyoming give us another Cheney

>Windmills and solar panels are futuristic

Japan has subtle high IQ shitposting.

make a lot of big fuck off nuclear reactors, stop eating meat and spend money on solar like your a Saudi spending money on blonde whores.

Both of those will kill far more animals than coal/oil will for energy given.

>tfw humans still use fossil fuels

Everyone in Wyoming is filthy rich from mining, especially coal. They are just protecting their economic interests.

So suddenly liberals hate taxes?

>So suddenly liberals hate taxes?
Well they're not gonna be used to fund liberal arts classes now, are they?

>found the strawman

Most of Wyoming is libertarian, or doesn't vote at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=NK6NhY5ZjTk

Hardly anybody lives in Wyoming so they don't need to generate very much electricity anyway.

And? Liberals are the ones bitching about it. Muh muh strawman

Is wind power actually a viable source of energy yet? Last I read wind turbines consume more energy to manufacture than they're ever expected to generate.

If this is still true, then why bother? Each wind turbine built is a net loss of energy. It'd be more efficient to just not build any.

Maybe they don't want their scene-scape blighted by a bunch of wind machines with 100 foot long vanes, and solar panels robbing sunlight from the earths soils and rocks, thus causing a deficiency in chemical, and mechanical weathering. hashtagcleanoilandcoal motherfuckers.