Now that Trump will be putting a 35% import tariff on foreign cars, what American car will you be driving?

Now that Trump will be putting a 35% import tariff on foreign cars, what American car will you be driving?

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/roadshow/news/born-in-the-usa-toyota-camry-earns-most-american-car-honor-again/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'll just keep my Honda. It will increase in value like American cars did in Cuba when they banned exports to Cuba.

Fuck that, not giving up BMW just cuz it's more expensive. American cars are mostly garbage

I want to own a car that lasts longer than 10 years and has stripped down wire harness/minimal sensors

I have a Ford, might buy a new one in a year or so. I wasn't gonna fork over tons of cash for a Kraut cuckmobile in the first place.

What if it's a Kraut, Jap, or Worst Korea vehicle made in the USA?

Well, I probably won't be able to afford the upkeep on my Jetta, so I guess I'll buy a Ford Fusion or something like that.

I already drive an F150, with my dream truck being the current gen Sierra HDs.

>buying a foreign truck that isn't a taco TRD

Already have that covered

American cars are one step above Yugoslavian garbage. Only an idiot would buy them.

I'll be driving a 40 year old german car that still runs like a dream. New American Cars are all cheap plastic shit.

Stupid but not wrong

A Toyota

1972 Mercedes 280 SEL

>implying I'm getting rid of my Saab

Jeep is finally making a wrangler pickup truck with a 4cly turbo diesel apparently

So probably that. It will be the American FJ-70
>that we never got, fuck you Toyota

An fj.

Currently drive a VW Jetta TDI but will have to sell if back within the next 1.5 years. Will get about $18K for it. Not bad for a 2011 purchase. Really love the car though. Usually get about 50mpg on the highway. Best drive was NC to Northern PA on 1 tank of fuel. About 620 miles.

ford or tesla. literally no other options

Dodge.

>ls2
more like
ls(poo)

>put a 35% import tariff on foreign cars
>so the failed CEOs of GM, Ford & Co. (that we had to bail out) can force us to buy their shitty products and get big bonuses

The Jacksonpill is realizing that protectionism benefits the monied interests connected to Washington, not the average American.

Forgot to mention, will probably be looking at Fords. A guy I know said that all of the auto makers are making big changes to the 2018 models, so trying to hang on for those.

im going to keep my jeep

GM just imported their SUV from a Chinese plant.

Don't confuse things, there will be an import tax on things made overseas by companies registered in America, but foreign companies selling from their home country will be fine. It would be unbelievable if literally all imports were marked up 35%.
I'm pretty sure that Trump will assign people to be on the look out for attempts at tax evasion by proxy companies, since car companies can just pretend to be a local brand and then they switch all the stickers out state-side.

I'll raise you.

Most Hondas for USA are made in the USA actually. The company is just Nip owned with factories here.

Hondabro knows his stuff. Dumbasses will sell it because of muh American workforce!

engines just look like shitty plastic blocks now

Toyota built here like the one I've been driving 15 years.

shame they are ruining the front design of the f-150 in 2018

Honda master race

Lel free market my ass.
Cooperations have Americans by their balls.

It's funny because Toyota and Honda are more made in the USA than Ford or GM. Both Ford and GM import parts from other countries and assemble them in the US but they don't make any parts here. Ford might as well be a foreign car company.

Toyota Tacoma. Built in San Antonio.

And proud, user. Good quality vehicles with afordable matienence everytime. Love it!

what car is that?? i have the small one

Like a newer model car?
You can slap a Small Block 350 Engine with a carburetor on nearly anything. Easy peasy

>tfw check engine light will never come on because there's no computer.

Really makes you think...

Your mom's Kia.

Its literally just a plastic engine cover bro. Calm your tits.

I have an old 2004 Hyundai sonata right now, if I was to buy a new car it would either be a Chevy volt or one of the cheaper Teslas when they come out. Buying a new car as at least 2-3 years away for me though, my current car works good enough and mileage is low for its age.

>Dreamed of owning an FJ since they came out when I was in middle school
>Finally saved up enough money to buy one
>They were discontinued 2 years ago

A 4Runner would be cool too...I guess.

I'll be driving my 11' Ford Taurus. Though, I'm expecting my third kid so I'll probably listen to my wife and get a Suburban so that all three car seats can fit in the back.

Honda made in Marysville Ohio

Dodge challenger hellcat

I'm not reading all that. Circle the part that makes you think.

it won't benefit US-based companies, only the companies that manufacture in the US
so in many cases Honda, Toyota and others will get a boost while the big three will have a wrench thrown in to their business model of building in Mexico and shipping here

I already do drive an American car, 2005 dodge magnum and I love it, powerful yet spacious and luxurious, great sound system with lcd screen and gps navigation

I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a regular car brand. The luxury car brands give you so much more, than just the car for the money. Porsche treats me way better than Nissan ever did when I had a GTR.

A used one.

I drive a jeep and have been since I was 16.

Which is why Trump hasn't made noise about taxing them.

I remember when my friend tried to make fun of my Toyota Avalon for being a foreign car until I showed him that it was made in the rust belt and his Mercury was made in Canada.

Good times.

Already driving a Ford with a "Michigan Built with pride" sticker I'm never taking off.

>muh nigga

2016 Sierra 2500HD Z71 master race checking in.

A Lincoln navigator :^))))

I've had a '72 Cuda since 1985.

>suck it

Japanese Cars have the most sourced American cart parts out of any other brand.

Also, car maintenance and repairs are cheaper for Japanese cars in the long run.

In all seriousness I have a 2013 Lincoln MKZ that I got for 13k, probably going to trade it for a 2015 CTS which are like 20 now

Handles and drives better than anything made by the big 3, Moe reliabile too

>what American car will you be driving?
the chicago wagon (4lt)

The current CEO of Ford is jewish. fyi

This is true. The "most American" car in the US is the Toyota Camry. And Toyota and Honda have the top 5 spots for "most American" cars.

cnet.com/roadshow/news/born-in-the-usa-toyota-camry-earns-most-american-car-honor-again/

But I'm a poorfag. I'll probably buy some used car so I can start my Uber business. I might even have to drive a used Crown Victoria police car.

A brand new BMW.

FUCK TRUMP

hopefully not japanese cars

Cadillac CTS-V

DeLorean

>there are people who still haven't read Art of the Deal

Always start outlandish so when they settle for 10% they feel like they're outsmarting you when you just got exactly what you intended in the first place.

Niggers are going to buy the fuck out of this car

Why don't you drive a Lincoln or a Cadillac Sup Forums?

american cars are absolute shit
dont lie to yourself

My Mexican made ford fusion.

I'm not a black man from the ghetto or an old retired man from Florida.

Because theyre all SHIT

>60k dollars
>4-5 year old navigators are still in the 30k range

Nigs won't get them for a while

"No"

Already drive a Dodge Challenger R/T

I generally hate SUVs, but that is a sexy car

My last American car almost fucking killed me. I was driving in Malibu on a twisting canyon road with a cliff edge and the power steering dropped out going 40. They knew about the issue but dragged their feet on the recall. I got it fixed then a year later they issued a recall. Another time the automatic transmission dropped while I was trying to merge onto the interstate. Sold the car a week later, fucking death trap. Fuck GM, never buying a car from an American company again.

I swear I can just barely see a fat guy in there.

Escalade like Donald

>Buying fwd
>Automatic transmissions

What do you drive pussy

Why do you hate freedom? The only reason people in the US buy european cars is because they want one. This tax will just fuck americans more than anything. Natsoc retards top kek

Agreed

When it comes out in fall it will be the choice of soccer moms and Chinese men everywhere

Nobody buys trash from GM no matter how hard they try to copy BMW

Look up Cadillac Escalade numbers and think of who was driving them.

How long have you been a faggot now?

why would anyone buy this?
you're driving a fucking boat

Was anyone else hoping that Trump would have Ron or Rand on some sort of advisory position? I think that Trump has good economic ideas and I definitely agree with his tax plan but I don't think that protectionism is a good idea

Define "foreign." A lot of those cars with labels of BMW, Toyota, Hyundai, and Honda are made in the USA.

OP is generalizing. There isn't going to be a tariff on all foreign cars, only cars manufactured by American companies outside of the US

As long as you have

Still hoping for Daddy Ron to END THE FED

Foreign assembly.

Large SUVs are extremely popular here among women and livery fleets. I see escalades and navigators every day.

In NYC every other car is a Cadillac Escalade

Been shopping for a new ford for the last few weeks. I've driven lots of different makes and models. Nothing really compares, although toyota and honda make pretty good stuff.

Clever shill post here

So I can get a Tacoma so long as it's the trim manufactured in San Antonio?