For the Americans who think that metrication is a LIBERAL CONSPIRACY and that they should keep using imperial because...

For the Americans who think that metrication is a LIBERAL CONSPIRACY and that they should keep using imperial because MUH CULTURAL HERITAGE:

youtube.com/watch?v=r7x-RGfd0Yk

Other urls found in this thread:

scienceblogs.com/scientificactivist/2007/10/13/metric-system-plot/
youtube.com/watch?v=0fKBhvDjuy0
youtube.com/watch?v=hmxDvX_i-EM&list=PLvuraN2vNapqhIpDIgIRO7eIk6gPvweqw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Any arguments against the Imperial system are autistic. 99% of people don't do math and work off "gut instinct" which is learned by experience. Think about the metric vs imperial system in every day life. There is no difference between the average person's understanding of distance and mass between the metric and imperial systems. Even when you look at the very small percentage of people who notice a difference, the existence of computers negates any advantages of the metric system. Nearly every person is going to use a calculator on any semi-compelex conversion regardless of which system they use. It makes no difference.

Don't exactly like everything he does but he's quite hot desu

>99% of people don't do math and work off "gut instinct" which is learned by experience.
You can learn and imagine the length of 10 centimetres just as easily as you can learn the length of a foot, the difference is that you don't need a calculator and a textbook to convert centimetres to meters, kilometres or millimetres.

Yeah, complete fucking autist.

1. Calculators are everywhere, so I don't know how this is a point. Most people have ready access to a calculator if they need one..
2. Most people don't need a calculator because the need to convert hardly every comes up for the average person.
3. Even when he need to convert comes up, most people are dumb and the metric system's advantages don't really come up. They still reach for a calculator or call on someone not dumb to solve the problem for them.

The metric system would have been revolutionary 2000 years ago. Now it is useless.

>Calculators are everywhere, so I don't know how this is a point. Most people have ready access to a calculator if they need one..
Or you could just put your thumb over some of the zeros to convert in metric.
>Most people don't need a calculator because the need to convert hardly every comes up for the average person.
People need to convert all the time, what are you talking about?
>3. Even when he need to convert comes up, most people are dumb and the metric system's advantages don't really come up. They still reach for a calculator or call on someone not dumb to solve the problem for them.
See above. Even people from a country with a third world education system don't need a calculator to add or take away zeros from the end of the number.

they did just fine with the imperial system, why would they change it?

1. You have no idea about how normal people relate to measurements.
2. You have no idea about when conversion comes up. You basically never need to convert. No one does it hardly ever.
3. Go ask someone with an IQ of 104 to covert between various metric measurements. See what happens. You don't know what you are talking about.

I have a recipe for 10 persons but i'm alone
I know that if i need 1kg of flour, i know that 1kg = 1000g so i will need 100g for 1 person. No need for a calculator
But 1lb = ??? oz ???
Even if i just divide by 10, how do i mesure 0.1lb ?? It's retarded.

1. Most people would still be confused.
2. Most of the non confused would still work this out by hand if not use a calculator.
3. This demonstrates how useless the metric system is. A tiny fraction of the population in absolutely cherry picked and rare scenarios benefit from it.

>It's retarded
humans grow very attached to their retarded customs.

see for example: natural languages (constructed languages are vastly superior), religion (lol)

>1. You have no idea about how normal people relate to measurements.
>2. You have no idea about when conversion comes up. You basically never need to convert. No one does it hardly ever.
Yes it does, we just don't realize we're doing it because of how easy it is. If someone gives me directions saying it's 100 meters down the road, my brain (and a "normal" person's brain, whatever you mean by that) can automatically scale down from a kilometre. No need for a calculator or a textbook, it just happens in the background because the units are intuitive.
>3. Go ask someone with an IQ of 104 to covert between various metric measurements. See what happens. You don't know what you are talking about.
Anyone who knows the metric system can do it in their head in seconds. I'm guessing the issue is that in America there's a correlation between people who have a low IQ and people who don't ever get taught the metric system, because over there metric is considered arcane knowledge that only the chosen few should be allowed to acquire.

Think of it this way:
This very conversation proves how autistic pro-metic people are. 99.9% of people are unaffected and don't give a shit. Reteaching everyone the new system is absurdly such a waste of time that everyone but you and few other neckbeards agree.

You obviously have an IQ over a 120 and have never tried to teach an average person anything.

>Reteaching everyone the new system
THERE IS NOTHING TO TEACH, you turd.

thats the beauty of metric. now go be retarded somewhere else

>pro-metic people
You mean all Americans with a scientific education, plus everyone in the rest of the world? Yeah, 95% of the world are autistic, nice one mate

Thanks, neckbeard, but I have actually taught average and below average people things like measurement and time, and you are simply ignorant.

See

Confused about what ??
It's not cherry picking, the imperial system in cuisine is so retarded that americans don't even use it, you use fucking cups and table spoons which is not reliable at all, this is why americans can't into bakerie which need precise measurements

Same for any construction work, you need 10 different tools to work out the length of something meanwhile with the metric system we just need one.

Stop trying to say that the metric is confusing. It's the imperial system that melt your brain

80% of the world does't know where to properly shit.

I am doing arguing with autists. Have a nice day.

How is teaching imperial easier than teaching metric?
Are you seriously telling me that in America the average person, instead of internalizing measurements like the rest of the human race, will take their shoes off and see how big their foot is compared to the thing they're trying to measure?

to be quite honest when i was in school they only taught imperial in elementary. middle and high school was metric for math and science

Hans, I'm pro-metric and all, but redoing 99% of the signs in the US and helping 90% of the population with getting the feel for converting imperial to metric is not going to fucking happen. It has to be phased out slowly, which it is.

>How is teaching imperial easier than teaching metric?
WHERE DID I SAT IT WAS?
Fucking, neckbeards...
It is useless to change from imperial to metric because the advantages are few and rare.

the system is so simple as to be self-explanatory.

you need to invest

Chad, phasing it out slowly is all well and good, but Americans seem to think that metric is some kind of liberal conspiracy created to appease immigrants.
scienceblogs.com/scientificactivist/2007/10/13/metric-system-plot/

God knows what they'd do if I told them that the next thing to go will be BC/AD, replaced by CE/BCE. They'd probably think I was a devil.

whoops, all my powers of ten are off by one :[
youtube.com/watch?v=0fKBhvDjuy0

It's just people clinging to things they were taught and grew up with, which is why it's difficult to change, they are very familiar with it. I can easily gauge distances and measurements in miles/feet/inches, but if I have to think of it in km/m/cm then I have to do mental math or completely change my point of reference I'm used to.

The article you're linking to is some fringe bullshit that is held by a minority of the older generation that was never even exposed to metric.

Do you think people here use rods, chains, and furloughs outside of platts? We use, half, quarter mile. It's no different than what you're describing with metric.

Just like this frog doesn't get we use cups for dry weight in recipes when it's under a lb. There's 8 cups of flour in a pound. 8 pints of water in a pound. A gallon on water is about 8 pounds. Quackin crazy I know. They make little kid's rhymes to remember it from an early age. The problem isn't the system, it's a lack of people using it because they don't cook or build things.

>how many lbs to a gallon
from google:
>1 gallon of fresh water is about 8.36... pounds

so we have
>1 liter water = 1kg
vs
>1 gallon water = 8.3454 lbs

americans will defend this

Meant a pint is a pound, not 8 of them.

>You had to Google either one
German education

>you get taught 17th century units in the first place
American education

Just think, in the year it takes you to memorize pic related European and east Asian children are learning things that are actually useful

>We use, half, quarter mile. It's no different than what you're describing with metric.
wait wait wait hold on a sec. Your MAIN argument against metric was that it would take too long to teach people who have been using imperial.
now you say people dont really use imperial any way?
whats your argument again?

>A gallon on water is about 8 pounds
I see, so 2 gallons are about 16 lbs? and 10 gallons are about 80 lbs?

since we know a gallon is more like 8.345404487293294 lbs, we know that at 10 gallons your "about" value is 3 and a half lbs off.
at two gallons you are alrealy off by over half a pound.

>americans will defend this

Good god burgers are dumb as fuck, no wonder your mess of a country is AIPAC owned, Israel vassal state. Fucking kike's #1 slave colony.

Only one column of that is still in use here, foot, yard, mile. Rods and chains are only used in precise acreage measurements for easement or property lines. Metric is used in science, both ate used in construction (you buy concrete but the cubic yard but bid a job in cubic metres)

Your culture invented it anyway, get me a hogshead of ale!

>my previous argument
Literally my first post in the thread Ahmed. Read ids.

>see house advertised
>garden is half a furlong, pretty cool
>buy it
>turns out the garden measurement was off by an entire gunter's chain
>mfw

>wight a war against your imperial overlords to gain independance
>literally go "fuck you" and toss everything about their culture and customs away
>keep using their retarded system of measurment even after they switch to the more sensible alternative
america lol

I said two posts after that your system is so retarded you use a different one in cooking.

And that's why americans can't into correct homemade bakerie (and only do diabete inducing sugar coated things) because you lack the precision needed to do it.

Who gives a shit about baking sweets? It's not burgers or steak.

Lul buttmad

In this thread we see a good example of retarded American jingoism

In 20 years they will be defending mall sharting as something perfectly normal that people do, because after all it's natural

The only other country not using metric is Liberia, one of the lowest IQ country in the world. That should tell you something.

How do you explain our shitty food then?

At least our darkies aren't huffing gas (petrol) in the middle of the road.

I bet abos are the only ones to still use the imperial system in Australia

Nigga u mad.

Also, americans don't need to cook. They got microwave dinners. Measuring is hard :'(

The thing with the imperial system is that its the key to ancient sacred geometry as seen in the pyramids and other monuments like temples and stonehenge. There is a lot of knowledge stored in these building regarding our planet and solar system. Because of this the ancient mystery traditions like freemasonry also rely on this system is some instances.
Since the global elite have access to this occult knowledge, its isnt far off to call metrification a conspiracy, since this ancient knowledge stored in almost permanent monuments will be lost to humanity for a long time.
On the other hand, the metric system is very useful for science and stuff. But to completely remove the imperial system would be a great loss.

Watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=hmxDvX_i-EM&list=PLvuraN2vNapqhIpDIgIRO7eIk6gPvweqw

Yet you still order a pint at the pub and not a half liter. Why is that?

>What is a liter?
The volume of a cube where each side is 1/10 of the distance that light travels in a vacuum after 1/299,792,458 of a second.

>What is a pint?
A unit of measurement that has been a staple in your culture for hundreds of years because it turns out its a damn good size for a beer.

Customary Units are human scale. Metric units are scaled to things that have no bearing to your day to day life. It makes sense to use metric in science, but replacing everything with metric just because you can multiply easier is completely arbitrary, especially when you consider that our base-12 and base-16 units divide easier than your precious decimal system could ever dream of. Our units are in those bases simply because common human tasks such as cooking or building are simply more convenient in those bases. Customary units evolve organically over time so that they are tailored for each culture. Metric is cold, soulless and limited while the liberation of a customary system gives the opportunity for new, useful, and comfy units to emerge and morph alongside cultural and economic changes. Forcing metrication crushes the human spirit by disconnecting people both from their traditions and from feeling that the world is created and scaled for humans. Its really no wonder that leftists and atheists are the biggest proponents of metric.

>pic related is what metrication feels like

I'm sorry, but good french cuisine wipes the floor with good british cuisine.

Yeah, since The US is ancient civilization.

>2017
>not using a hybrid system and more because both systems don't work for every single thing

Hey, is imperial is so bad, then how come it was used to make a lot of the parts of the device that lets you shitpost like this?
Having a one size fits all system of anything never works out you dunce.

I don't like imperial bc I hate the British, but I dislike the continent even more. So I use imperial.

I agree, that's why I was asking how he explains why our food is shitty when we are capable of measuring things

We inherited our units from our anglo forefathers who in turn inherited their units from a plethora of european cultures dating back to the Romans.

Where did you get your units? From some edgelord frenchies that hated tradition a couple hundred years ago

>Romans didn't have carts designed to drop a stone every mile to take a census of their highway length.

Have you ever had a real job?
Electronics work is 99.9% metric, only real exception is PCB fabrication and they're mostly ME retards anyways.

>mfw when some cuck machinist says he doesn't have a 0.7mm drill bit on hand

>99% of people don't do math
Sure, and those are the 99% of people who won't have a real job in 20 years. I'm not paying for your basic income meme, I'd rather see you starve to death.

metric is for commies and eurocucks

It's interesting how Americans want to change the culture of the whole world to resemble American way of life (and call it globalization, democratic process etc) but they don't want to change a thing that's *officially* retarded, claiming either equally retarded reasons or the use a little more sane explanation, which are costs. But still, they waste insane amounts of money forcing change on the whole world

This example is why i am against USA, they want everyone else to change except them

yes, (((americans))) want all that

I do, but given that we're both shitposting on Sup Forums lets assume neither of us do.

Anyways, if you'd ever actually bother to use a search engine for once in your life on these kinds of things instead of being spoonfed or running on assumptions, you'd see why BOTH the metric system AND the imperial system are needed in our modern industries.

But I'm guessing all you ever do is shitpost on the internet while living off your gibs from the government.

>why won't the current leaders of the world follow OUR example?