The old testament

Do Christians actually have to listen to the old testament, i.e the torah?
If not, doesn't it mean you defy the same God of the new testament?
If so, doesn't it just make you glorified Jews reading fanfiction?

Other urls found in this thread:

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 23
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Moses
youtube.com/watch?v=jqQPTxo_voo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Serious question please assist

The lessons learned in the Old Testament are still relevent, but the methids of worship are not. Except saturday as the Sabbath, that has techniccally never changed. It has always been saturday.

Its not the same god. Old testament is about the jewish, punishing jeallous angry god, the new testament is about the christian god.

>Do Christians actually have to listen to the old testament

Partly they do, the 10 commandments are still seen as valid for example. But generally speaking, the new testament overrules the old if there is a conflict of rules

>Do Christians actually have to listen to the old testament, i.e the torah?
nope, that's the jew bible. Chritsians are not jews. this was decided centuries ago. That's all there is to it.

Jesus "fulfilled" the laws of the old testament and they are not binding to Christians
Jesus also recognized the validity of the 10 commandments, and they are referenced throughout the new testament, so those are still binding

Source?
How about the countless mundane rules Jews have which don't contradict the new testament?

as said Jesus "fulfilled" the laws of the old testament. Christians don't have to follow a single rule of the Old Testament.

Matthew 5:17 - "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

That's Jesus talking.

This. Even KEK approves. Jesus is a messiah, who fulfilled the predictions in the Old Testament. Abrahamic religions all have the same God.

Levitical law was for Jews and Jews only because they are God's chosen so God made laws for them to differentiate them from the rest of the world. Some of these laws could still be used as a guideline for gentile Christians but Roman's 3:23 all men have sinned and we are saved through grace alone Ephesians 2:8. Also see John 14.

>How about the countless mundane rules Jews have which don't contradict the new testament?

They don't matter, Jesus wants us to focus on the important stuff instead, as clearly stated in Matthew 23:
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 23

Think Jesus had the Old Testament undone by being crucified for our sins and opening up the gates of Heaven. Which is why we don't have to circumcise ourselves and can wear mixed fabrics. Old Testament for us is basically a history lesson, teaching us about all of the prophets who prophesized about Jesus' coming. Not 100% sure though

Cool I pretty much got my answer and I don't want to let a thread go to waste, because I'm a greedy kike and so forth.
I'm thinking of converting. I'm currently secular (from birth) and I wanna become a Christian, but as you see I do not want to be a different brand of Jews. I also have Russian heritage so orthodoxy comes to mind.
What denominations should I explore/avoid/accept?

This basically I think

Either Orthodoxy, some form of protestantism or Apostolic Christianity. Cucktholicism is dead and the pope is just an edgy Roman Patriarch. The differences in denominations are pretty minor other than the differences in leadership, very little other differences exist.

Your people is unloved by God

His people are much loved by God, they just unfortunately now worship satan.

the real question now is whether kek is christian canon

you should listen to andrew klavan. hes a secular jew who converted christian too and im sure he'd have some discussions in that.

Kek is satan, or some sort of demonic entity. I know you like him and what he appears to be doing, but it's drawing you away from God.

I will, but I am in no sense a Jew, only some blood and not a lot of it for that matter.
Any connotation to Judaism or Jewish culture will simply disgust me, sorry.

m-moshe what are you d-doing??

>they are God's chosen
were*

research the big ones yourself
Roman Catholicism will always be big because it's very "progressive" and has living leaders
Pope Francis may have went too far with it, but usually the church accepts and adopts the reality of the times, to an extent, and because of that it will be around forever

why is it united in one book then? clueless crétin that you are this hasn't come to your mind yet, huh?

This is blasphemy pushed by heretics of "Nice Christianity"

>Roman Catholicism will always be big because it's very "progressive"
See, that's why I'm asking Sup Forums.
The majority here have the same political views as me and normies are the ones who allowed the world to get raped in the first place, so being big does not necessarily mean authenticity and quality.

The first Christians struggled with similar questions to you, by which I mean the first generation of Christians who had followed Christ while he was still alive and preaching.

One of the first ever "christian schisms" was over whether or not they should still consider themselves to be Jews.
The question was whether the teachings of Jesus should replace Judaism and Jewish custom entirely, or simply evolve it to the post-messianic stage.

In the end, the Christians in favour of the idea that the teachings and worship of Christ was simply an addition and an evolution of regular Judaism lost out.
Not because they were argued down or suppressed, but because they insisted that in accordance with Moses law, converts must be circumcised.

The Christians who saw Christs teachings as overruling Jewish laws had a much easier time converting gentiles, now that you didn't have to slice off a part of your body in a pre-anesthetic, pre-antibiotic era people were much happier to sign up.

The Judaising christian population slowly dwindled or switched sides, and the non-Judaising christian population boomed.

Look into the Greek Orthodox church.

In Judaism, orthodoxy means that you basically can't do anything. In Christianity, the orthodox church just means that you worship an older form of Christianity without any influence from some of the bad shit that got inserted into doctrine during the Middle Ages. So, for example:

>divorce is okay if both parties can't get along
>all of us sin, deliverance is from grace and faith only
>priests can marry
>probably the closest denomination to early christians

I'm not Greek Orthodox but I'm strongly considering converting from the Episcopal Church, which has just become some serious bullshit.

Mainstream religion is riddled with pagan backed traditions like trinity, icons/idoltry etc. look around

This, I really have a feeling that Kek is possibly some sort of demon.

>Episcopal Church, which has just become some serious bullshit.
Like what?

The bible, just analyze the character traits of the god in the old testament and god in the new testament. In the old testament god is punishing people for not believing in him by plagues, catastrophes, sickness.
The new testament god is kind and forgiving. The christian god sent his son to earth to introduce him to humanity. Jews still believed in yhwh, the demiurge who tricked them into worshipping him, and they killed jesus because they couldnt accept another god besides yhwh or yaldaboath or whichever name you want to give him.

Jews still believe in the false god and keep getting punished by him.

Its actually clearly seperated by new testament and old testament. Its two different books.

Modern Judaism is descended from Phariseeism. It is a heresy. The Old Testament prophets and righteous believers were not the same religion as modern Jews.

In addition to the Torah, modern Jews read the Talmud, which was written after Jesus Christ's earthly life.

Early Christians used the Septuagint OT (with the complete cannon) not the Masoretic OT that Protestants now use.

>If so, doesn't it just make you glorified Jews reading fanfiction?

No. Jews follow an old heresy. They denied their own faith and rejected it, inventing a new faith.

If you were to introduce a modern Jew, whether Orthodox or Reformed, etc. to Moses or Joseph or Abraham or any other OT prophet, they would not recognize each other.

Christianity is the continuation of Judaism. "Judaism" as it is understood today is heretical and is a newer faith than Christianity.

christians are bullshit and jews are bullshit besides torah.
christians have no identity follow no laws and sin as they will. christains have changed what the bible says to fit their lifestyle they have no real integrity. Jews who follow Talmud are satanic and many of jews twist the word and do things opposite to the bible.
the real followers of YHWH are the hebrew israelites

>Atheist posting with a total lack of knowledge although the topic of the thread could have provided him with it
Classic

Even a Christian who is found studying the Law of Israel merits death. In Sanhedrin (59a) it says:

"Rabbi Jochanan says: A Goi who pries into the Law is guilty to death."

In Abhodah Zarah (26b, Tosephoth) it says:

"Even the best of the Goim should be killed"

>50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. 51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. 54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

serious answer.

the first covenant, made with moses as mediator, and bound by the presence of the ark and upheld in part by the practices surrounding it, is ended at the moment of christ's death.

god puts the pharisee establishment on notice by tearing open the veil which physically separates the ark from the rest of the world. it is no longer holy ("set apart"). all of christ's teachings encompass the idea that works are now become irrelevant, and the new covenant is in him and through him.

with that logic i should be able to have sex with your wife with no consequence as long as i believe in Jesus? because not having sex with others wives is in the old testament

What does that say about people who don't follow Kek?

God changed his mind in the year AD 1 if you didn't get the message Jew, you on the other hand never got saved.

I don't know what keks plan for humanity is, time will show.

Hebrews 7King James Version (KJV)

7 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;

2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;

3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.

5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.

8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.

10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.

11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

13 For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.

14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.

15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,

16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

20 And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest:

21 (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec:)

22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

23 And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:

24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;

27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.

When you go to church and you're still a kid one doesn't have too. But the old testament is still very much taught.

God himself came down to Earth, and while/after performing a fuckton of miracles said that everything he agreed to with the jews is null and void, and now the jews must follow the new covenant, since either they and the goys are the chosen ones or only the goys. Then the jews proceeded to kill him because "muh jew mustard rice" "he healed the blind guy on saturday that no kosher"

“The New Testament lies hidden in the Old,” wrote St. Augustine, “and the Old is unveiled in the New.”
Old testament is good for reference work, to view life of Christ and Church in the more complete light.
In the Apocalypse, Lamb opens the scroll and by the eyes of lamb we shall read scrools of those 73 books.
Not to mention that Old testament is really fucking antisemitc if you look about it objectively. Half of it is stories of Jews acting like worse of humans and other half is prophets and other noble individuals rtanting about how Jews suck.

Also, LXX>>>MT in any given case.

Is child sacrifice in judaism still a thing? I mean among the priests, not the common jews.

shut the fuck up kike, we hold the old testament in higher reverence and understand it unlike you (((faggots)))

thats part of Talmud

This too, most of the old testament is about how the jews are so fucking retarded, greedy and evil that God literally hates them and even after personally talking sense into and punishing them they pretty much immediately revert to child sacrifice and degeneracy, while not being able to do shit without direct divine intervention when shit hits the fan, going religious again.

The old testament is a jewish fairy tale. Jesus only accepts the prophets and the prophecies from there. He came, gave the sacraments, churches and prayer. After the ecumenical councils, all books where tainted, except Revelation (apocalypse). That is the only true book to believe, the mark of the beast will be the RFID chips, and after some major catastrophe, the man who will appear, and bring world peace etc. will be the Antichrist. Friendly tip, dont install it. And let lindsay Lohan become muslim.
t. your fellow greek bro who always knows everything and tries to share

All the "great kangz" that God chose, lifted from poverty and promised a good life for them and their people if they followed him still became literal satanist degenerates in ~10 years of rule

>there is no consequence for doing X
essentially, yes, because christ taught that you were going to hell already. the consequences are already ordained. what you do cannot make them worse, as they are already the worst thing. what you do cannot make them better, because only faith actually saves you.

it also says, however, that good works are evidence of the change of heart that comes with salvation, and "by their works" you will know it when observing others in this life. your conscience is your ability to see this in yourself as well.

Old Testament

Deuteronomy 31:20-21, 29

20 For when I shall have brought them into the land which I sware unto their fathers, that floweth with milk and honey; and they shall have eaten and filled themselves, and waxen fat; then will they turn unto other gods, and serve them, and provoke me, and break my covenant.

21 And it shall come to pass, when many evils and troubles are befallen them, that this song shall testify against them as a witness; for it shall not be forgotten out of the mouths of their seed: for I know their imagination which they go about, even now, before I have brought them into the land which I sware.

29 For I know that after my death ye will utterly corrupt yourselves, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the latter days; because ye will do evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands.

Jeremiah 23:37-40

37 Thus shalt thou say to the prophet, What hath the Lord answered thee? and, What hath the Lord spoken?

38 But since ye say, The burden of the Lord; therefore thus saith the Lord; Because ye say this word, The burden of the Lord, and I have sent unto you, saying, Ye shall not say, The burden of the Lord;

39 Therefore, behold, I, even I, will utterly forget you, and I will forsake you, and the city that I gave you and your fathers, and cast you out of my presence:

40 And I will bring an everlasting reproach upon you, and a perpetual shame, which shall not be forgotten.

New Testament

Matthew 8:11-12

11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

because 1) there are still valuable guides in the old testament for how to behave. "thou shalt not murder" is a pretty good idea, and 2) lol many your churches are just as heretical as the pharisees were in the moment of christ's death, many of you STILL obey the doctrine of good works in defiance of jesus christ

John 8:43

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Why would you want to convert to Christianity? It's a mormon-tier offshoot of Judaism and Jesus utterly failed as a messiah.

Jesus said to obey the commandments. So the old testament isn't actually null and void. I'm no perfect Christian, but I do know people who are.

The Old Testament is mostly taught because the Western churches are all in the pockets of the Jew.

When in reality it should be taught that the Old Testament explains exactly why the Jews lost their position and will be cast into darkness for eternity, instead the false teachers, who for filthy lucre's sake teach the myth of the "chosen people" to teach the Christians to worship the Jews instead of Jesus Christ.

but never in the context of salvation. so, good guide, you should follow it.

What are you talking about? It was explicitly implied that one couldn't be close to him without this.

Christians follow Paul they don't f ollow Yahowsha ( Jesus) who said not to do away with anything from the Towrah. Paul is the wolf in sheep's clothing, benjamite, plague of death.

Go to blessyahowah.com if u want the straight dope on God and his Covenant

The whole Bible speaks about Jesus Christ, starting from Genesis to th end.New testament --completes-- The OLD Testament. WIthout NT, OT makes no sense.Psalms would be just outdated petry.You need to look the whole picture.

Khazar plz we're not worshiping your Melek.
Christianity IS the New Israel.

I have to say after being a catholic, and going to a christian church for a while (protestant) i dont know what to call new age Christians, The pastor did not talk well at all about gays, lesbians, or abortion. But i still felt that it was not for me. After reading about orthodoxy and the views of the orthodox church, I find that far more in line with my views. It does not have this feel good "do whatever because in the end you will be loved" but more like " you can be forgiven but you really have to learn from your mistakes and not repeat them and truly learn to the point that you can teach others of your mistake" Unfortunately im not russian, or eastern European so i cannot attend those churches. Well i can, it would just be weird.

Read the following, please.

And this:

The ideal that the law of Moses must be followed by Christians came from Pharisees that converted and refused to let go of their old ways:

Acts 15:5, 18-20, 23-24, 28-29

5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.

18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia.

24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Jesus said to follow the commandments if you love him.

Have you ever considered just reading the actual New Testament itself instead of having someone tell you what to believe?

What people come to you when you think about christians?
If germanic then you are wrong

Go fuck you yourself, you arent related to ancient hebrews, you are just a fucking imposter

Both of you got singles

>Do Christians actually have to listen to the Old Testament
All scripture is God breathed and useful for instruction
>Glorified Jews reading fan fiction
No.

2Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures: ‘The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone. This is from the Lord, and it is marvelous in our eyes’ ? 43Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit. 44He who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces, but he on whom it falls will be crushed.”

The Kingdom of God is open to all. All who are called and answer are adopted as Children of God in the sense of the Roman Adoption. No longer enemies of God we as Christians are reconciled with God through Christ Jesus.

14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven,[f] Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. 16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

The Author of Hebrews expressly condemns people who think reverting to the old ways of Jewish customs is a greater salvation. The Author is writing to Christians who have been so persecuted that they were at a time seriously reverting to Judaism to avoid persecution. Hebrews is therefore a thesis explaining the superiority of Christ.

Judaism might save you if you were a pure Israelite who followed the Torah to the letter, but one mistake could condemn you for damnation.

Jesus Christ however has already guaranteed salvation with the final and complete sacrifice for our sins.

The 10 commandments, yes, but the law, no.

The law of Moses and the commandments are not the same thing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Moses

And here we have another idiot, im surprised since slavs tend to be stupid like germanics

That is one of my biggest vices. I need to do that some more.

Kek conffirms that you were talking bullshit

So you don't have to be circumcised, but you have to do the rest. Gotcha

Yes, then you discard entirely the bible and look for the oral tradition of christians, whom posess the legit doctrine, commandments and names of God and the christ.

Please read it, your life will never be the same.

Partly because I am spiritually drawn to Christianity, partly because I like the results I see, which are modern Europe (right up until the French Revolution) and partly because I believe that secularism is nihilistic and hollow and all other religions are either shit or are long dead.

Old Testament - Story of a nation
New Testament - Story of a man

The New Testament is in the Old Testament concealed, the Old Testament is in the New Testament revealed.

> me today talking to some guy that wanted to start going to church and be religious .
>told him religion is pretty interesting and for him to read the Old Testament and it will blow his mind how punishing god was.
>He was confused.. said but god loves everyone.
>Told him to read the Old Testament he will see.. and it will help him understand the Jew mentality a bit more.
>Him "but Jews are good ppl right?"

Realised I almost showed my power level and retreated.

Eat nothing presented to an idol as an offering, eat nothing bloody, eat nothing strangled, do not fornicate, and follow the ten commandments.

It is very simple.

>Acts 15:28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
>29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

The Law of Moses is a complicated set of rules to regulate every aspect of the daily life of the Israelites, as a testament against them for their wickedness.

>private interpretation
everyone can get something different out of it and you end up with 33,000 protestant denominations. If you don't have the wisdom or understanding it's not good to make your own conclusions about scripture. He should read it, but he should also look at accepted meanings of verses.

Hmm, I see.

g-d is ghyphend

gh makes an 'f' sound like in enou'gh'

g-d is fwphend long for friend phonetically. or offend if you're french

israeli's aren't jews anyway. jews died during the holocaust and became israelis when they were cattle herded to israel before/in israel's inception during 1948

i love old testement,
>dangerously red pilled
>jews realized they exist to propogate themselves
>jews won
>world salty

youtube.com/watch?v=jqQPTxo_voo

Mark 3

3 Another time Jesus went into the synagogue, and a man with a shriveled hand was there. 2 Some of them were looking for a reason to accuse Jesus, so they watched him closely to see if he would heal him on the Sabbath. 3 Jesus said to the man with the shriveled hand, “Stand up in front of everyone.”

4 Then Jesus asked them, “Which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill?” But they remained silent.

5 He looked around at them in anger and, deeply distressed at their stubborn hearts, said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” He stretched it out, and his hand was completely restored. 6 Then the Pharisees went out and began to plot with the Herodians how they might kill Jesus.

>“Which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill?” But they remained silent.

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

>40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Jesus wasn't so much as re-interpreting the Law as reminding the People where the focus of the Law was to be.

Glad I could be of help, brother.

Ecclesiastes 12:13
The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.

If you don't read it yourself you are at the mercy of all the vipers and wolves in sheep's clothing.

>Acts 20:28-31

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

Avoid Protestantism, this is coming from a former Protestant. It's not equipped to face the problems modernity. You will need to read early church history and some theology on the subject but High Church Anglicanism, Catholicism, or Eastern Orthodoxy are all excellent selections.

The only true Christians are Roman Catholics and Greek/Eastern Orthodox. They believe everything in the Old Testament is binding and valid. Any other perversion of Christianity is heresy and thus has no authority on what is and what is not valid

I said he should read it, but you should listen to the accepted meanings going back to the church fathers