F A S H W A V E general

F A S H W A V E general

GET COMFY

>More than just a mannerist collage of the nostalgic aesthetic belonged to the millennial generation, Fashwave also operates to force classicism free of the post-modernist stranglehold that academic progressives have maintained over it, for a nearly a century. We would be mistaken to claim that the antiquated speculative nature of Fashwave betrays the aesthetic as a thing only predicated on nostalgia. While it might be considered a collage of sorts, stitched together from pieces of 80s and 90s pop-culture; VHS tapes, video game soundtracks, neo-noir landscapes, neon, lasers, synthesizers, streaking brake lights and 8-bit arpeggios—Fashwave only operates modally to subvert the mainstream progressive agenda by way of nostalgic cues to the otherwise uninterested.

>The real strength and fascination of the aesthetic lies in its ability to draw a parallel between anachronistic futurisms; that is to say, what ideals were once held for tomorrow and have since fallen either out of favor, out of fashion, or out of plausibility—and icons of western art now so unpopular in the mainstream circles of acceptable media. Hovercrafts, jetpacks, Bond gadgets, terminator technology, apocalyptic analogues—dreams made into memories.

>By carefully conflating these two ideas we might touch on the birth of a new mannerism: anachronism becomes the mode by which the canon of western thought and artistic enterprise suddenly and altogether vaults over the rhetorical barriers set in place by post-modernism and manned tirelessly by the drones of academia, to re-establishes itself as a countercultural force.

>So it was that Piranesi’s Veduta di Roma series painted an image of Rome so fantastical that Goethe himself—a fan of Piranesi’s work—exclaimed his consuming disappointment upon first visiting the city, for it was less impressive than Piranesi’s drawings had led him to dream.

>Let us continue dreaming.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SbYlbLSI_5I
youtu.be/GAx3FnVAOWA?list=PLWMAwtNGwHOPHt0mARjxug45vNSJ4ksL8
youtu.be/JqnDz9riUHg
docs.google.com/document/d/1DIeovVhwprNb9z4x9Pxiyr84nhouf3mxz3uzDOlARdo/edit#
youtu.be/LkQfW2NXvJU
youtube.com/watch?v=-8SMPGWTZ4Y&ab_channel=~CYBERNΔZI~
soundcloud.com/cherubimprime
youtube.com/watch?v=f1PyZJC7AHY
moosplauze.deviantart.com/gallery/
olgola.deviantart.com/gallery/
jantiff-stocks.deviantart.com/gallery/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

have a bump user

This shit is retarded

Just appropriate black twitter culture instead it would be much funnier.

bump

We are totally going to stop because you declared your dislike for it.

It's ctr level terrible

Nobody's gonna buy your merch, go back to spamming trump tweets with your gay tees

Crits plz

"Stop liking what I don't like"

No

you have to go back

Found the elderly

i'm just trying to help you guys. you're wasting your time trying to emulate a style you don't understand.

No you

> Nobody's gonna buy your merch
WRONG

if you haven't noticed.
> Western civilisation is dying.
> t. Oswald Spengler

what we are witnessing on a macro scale, playing out in slow motion is:
- the slow and painful death of notions such as "the west", "western culture".
- a cultural conflict between those that can see it, and those that refuse to, and would rather go down with the boat.
- the drive and search for new philosophical meaning in our current foundations, one to build "the future" on.
- the synthesis of a new culture, with these ideals at its core.
- from this culture, a new civilization shall emerge.

good work anons.
keep it up.

God speed

good thing people like Edison and the Wright Brothers didn't listen to critics like you

these are great don't listen to the nancyboys

"High Fascion"

You think this is a muthaphuckin game

itt stormfront fogies trying to stay relevant in a dailystormer world

youtube.com/watch?v=SbYlbLSI_5I

a fashwave thread with no music?

youtu.be/GAx3FnVAOWA?list=PLWMAwtNGwHOPHt0mARjxug45vNSJ4ksL8

youtu.be/JqnDz9riUHg

Thanks to the user who resized this pretty picture for me yesterday, it's currently my desktop background.

docs.google.com/document/d/1DIeovVhwprNb9z4x9Pxiyr84nhouf3mxz3uzDOlARdo/edit#

Bump

how is this different to vaporwave?

Based poppy

its not OP is just trying to make up what they think it is with their puny intellect.

youtu.be/LkQfW2NXvJU

Do you like my oc? save it if you like

That is fucking awesome

>tfw one user reposts your OC and gets trips
>tfw another user reposts the little treatment you wrote gets dubbs

I'll cook up some fresh OC, keep this shit bumped lads

Dream on

BUMP

Haven't gotten through the thread yet so I don't know if this has been posted yet:
>GALACTIC LEBENSRAUM - remix
youtube.com/watch?v=-8SMPGWTZ4Y&ab_channel=~CYBERNΔZI~

Some OC from a guy a few threads ago:
soundcloud.com/cherubimprime

do you really not get the difference between synthwave and vaporwave

LADS, M8S, FELLAS

youtube.com/watch?v=f1PyZJC7AHY

so what is all this? i dont understand

Here's a bunch of stock footage if people are in need of some:

moosplauze.deviantart.com/gallery/
olgola.deviantart.com/gallery/
jantiff-stocks.deviantart.com/gallery/

Kys

so comfy.

Nice, haven't seen this one yet. Is that OC?

--------
Can someone critique this please.

nah, from a burger yesterday afternoon

This one is fucking brilliant

>we
Everyone knows it is one or two guys on a proxy. You can tell by the counter in the bottom right corner.

post F A S H W A V E pepes plz

Did you just really compare yourself to Edison and the Wright brothers? Kek!

i like this. i'm not hip to the youngin' music but i am very okay with fashwave.

No user, I compared ALL OF US to them

Except that guy I was replying to he is a bitch with a small penis and no sex appeal

Bump

This is cringy af
I love the combination of Trump with Retrowave Aesthetics because it's on point with his character and what he represents. But trying to use this for neo-fascist propaganda just doesn't work.

why?
I think its excellent

Like this?

I know im a massive faggot, bit can someone make a video on how to create this FASHWAVE style?

Photoshop? Layers? Filters? Etc etc. Would love to contribute

I second this.

This is my first attempt at anything, I have no idea what I'm doing

These make me feel comfy.

I think F A S H W A V E have the same bases like V A P O R W A V E

Exactly.

Certainly got my attention.

Just another example of why right wins and left looses. Memes. Nice aesthetic pictures. Some effort put into them.
The left wing equivalent is painting with menstrual blood and crying like a babby.
Same thing with the election platforms (US and ours) Right side - hope, rebuilding, Left side - fearmongering and insulting.
It's literally good vs bad as far as PR goes.

Pretty bad ass m8, desu.
>pic related
my first try

Is poppy even alt-right or alt-lite?

>This is my first attempt at anything, I have no idea what I'm doing
That's pretty solid though.
If one of our best fashwave posters can make a video on how to or certain techniques, it would be awesome.

I need to learn to be simplistic when making them.

Nice meme, saved and checked.

Because it is taking an art-style that essentially glorifies the consumerism of the 80's, and trying to shoe-horn traditionalist evolian ideals in it. "Fashwave" is antithetical, whereas "Trumpwave" feels more evident because Donald Trump really is a hero of Capitalism and a man of the 80's (he reeks of self-confidence and optimism and doesn't care that it is the current year).

>This is cringy af
>af

Opinion discarded.

I lost interest.

about damn time.

Agreed.

Nice digits!

a little bit of R H O D W A V E

I remember when tomorrow was going to be so bright, now its so bright I dont need eyes.

I feel like this is a psyop

Well, it is... A psyop from Sup Forums.

G A Y W A V E

FRESH
R
E
S
H

anyone able to shoop the black sun out?

Trivial, with photoshop. Why?

No, it's smart. You take modernism and the machine loving nature of fascism and hijacks a popular art style to spread your ideology and normatize it on the eyes of society and normies, because its aesthethically pleasing. Do you even Marinetti bruh? Also, cultural infiltration is one of the lessons we must learn from the left and then perfect it.

by far the catchiest political aesthetic I've seen. A lot better than African uhuru aesthetic.

jaja
same
;

She's cute.
6/10
2/10, sorry.
Posing as Monroe = Beta Kitten Slave.
That needs some Text to it. Maybe "Wrong"? The next level of Fashwave are memes to use in argument, like this "not an argument" one. When people use it in conversation fashwave slowly drips into Sup Forums mainstream.

5,5/10

7,5/10 That is good. Reduced. I like it.

Strong.