What's the last book you read, Sup Forums?

What's the last book you read, Sup Forums?
Mine last read is pic related.

>inb4 Mein Kampf

pic related pretty good

how's highschool going for ya?

the history of man-progress and decline by triple H
nice and redpilled book

The Bell Curve. I enjoyed the conclusion.

Reading is for niggers

but niggers can't read
how are they doing it

Book on manufacturing processes for college

Jurassic Park

he's reading the pevear and volkhonsky translation, so pretty good i imagine

most schools would have constance garnett, if they have any classical literature at all that is

Crime and Punishment is a fucking heavyweight book you cunt

Anyone who has read it deserves respect no matter what age they are

Clearly you're a faggot who can't appreciate weighty, dense, challenging literature

>tfw to smart too be a pleb like you

Just finished it two days ago. Currently on "The Great Debate" by Yuval Levin about Burke and Paine.

Truth and Predication. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press. 2005. ISBN 978-0-674-01525-8

Finally got around to it. It really is as good as people say, it will change how you see certain aspects of politics. For myself, I thought a VERY compelling argument was made for physical punishment as opposed to jail time.

I Agree with the second. I read it in an advanced high-school class, and most people had incredible difficulty with. I am now at university and have friends still struggling with in 2nd year literature classes.

Currently reading OP, almost finished.

Read Beowulf before that.

Reading "The City and the Dogs" by Mario Vargas Llosa.
Boarding military schools can have some really fucked up stuff happen in them

We Can Build You

Bruce Gordon - Calvin

actually it's standard high school curriculum, unless you're in retard english, then you read animal farm

if you want dostoevsky's best, read the brothers karamazov.

the idiot and poor folk are also good. notes from the underground was too butthurt for me

I just looked it up and I read Garnett. In your opinion, what is the difference?

Top Knife

just end yourself idiot fucking third world piece of scum

Swanns way by proust

Oh shit, I didn't know that he released a 2nd edition. I have the original.

about 100 years. garnett was the last century's translator. pevear and volkhonsky are translating all the russian masters in the 1990s and 2000s.

garnett's not bad, she's just slowly becoming an artifact. my 19th-century translation of war and peace by process kropotkin something-or-other is nice

*princess kropotkin, or whatever

man, your schools seem to suck ass

go fuck yourself, just reading something earns you no respect

how do you know that i can't appreciate it?

what?

try reading notes from the underground again, you're supposed to despise the character

so buttmad

notes from underground was the first green text story

>i am a sick man
>i am an angry man
>i believe my liver is diseased

am i a normie?

you're a meme

It opens with an old professor blowing a hippie's head off with a shotgun.

I was going through a bad time when I tried to read crime and punishment. Gave me such panic attacks I had to stop. I didn't think it was a difficult read but it mirrored my life too much. Going from rich to poor. Becoming a cripple. Fucked with my head.

>try reading notes from the underground again
it's been over 5 years. will do, once I finish epictetus's letters

lol

who did you murder?

Lollita by Vladimir Nabokov loved the book

You understood Crime and Punishment with it stream-of-consciousness writing blurring details and narrative, but you couldn't understand my sentence with one grammatically unimportant word missing?

Don't read too much Dostoevsky, you might end up killing yourself. Many such cases!

quads confirms pedo. great book, but his short stories are better IMO. haven't read his other novels so it's hard to compare

it is, how you say, honored tradition in my fatherland

while we're turning this into a russian lit thread:

any reviews of Doctor Zhivago? started it aimlessly, then got sidetracked

The stranger - Albert Camus

Spoiler alert.

It was an okay story but felt like it was really more about the philosophy than anything else. Spent way too much time describing how bright the sun is and how much suffering it caused the pathetic protagonist. Make it seem as bad as you can, the guy still comes across as self centred and pathetic. Highlights were when he shot the Arab and also when he was sentenced to death for being an all round pathetic person.
Didn't really agree with his main points anyway and the whole thing finished before it started really.

This. It is about /pol

no, i didn't understand what you were trying to prove

>one
two

What was the bald guys problem?

literally the best book ever, nice choice
you liked it ?

>t. Dostoevsky fanboi

What do you mean by "reviews"? Internets are full of that shit. It's few clicks away. Stop being a lazy burger.

bible, haven't finished yet
no spoilers please

Well Camus's riffing on the sun metaphor it's a good example of how primitive archetypal imagery can even creep into literature that aspires to be incredibly refined.

The sun is consciousness:

>perfect circle
>above all
>illuminates all
>utterly indestructible

Like rare pepes the archetypes constantly iterate

Reading about the Somme...sad story greatest ally. Remember the 6 million pals died the first day

Dostoevsky is a waste of time and a psychopath

If you want a red pill on Russia you should read Rewizor of Gogol

Same.

i was obviously asking the thread. you should be grateful we're even noticing your silly little country in a discussion that doesn't revolve around committing suicide by taking vodka up the asshole

If that's what you thought of Camus, you should read this. Just ignore the preface.

i fucking wish we read this in high school

but user, I really am reading Mein Kampf right now

I started reading that. Fucking boring as hell. I never realized it read like a Bronze Age history book.

>Mostly about administration.
Need shekels and stuff...

ok hes president
now fuck off

Just finished this. Isn't really a sit down and read book but I did it anyway. Tons and tons of priceless information in here if you ever find yourself innawoods. Its also a good reference book to keep on you while innawoods. Some guy on /out/ recommended it to me and now I recommend it to you Sup Forumsacks. Compact, easy to read and highly informative.

nonsense

& you are a holiday destination memelet me take a shit on this

Last book I read was War and Crime.

Last book to finish reading is pic related. Currently reading "Lost Victories" by Erich von Manstein. Both are good.

>reading the paper jew
I don't read, I think.

I haven't read a book in over 10 years. books are a completely obsolete form of media. if you disagree you are a hipster or a reddit-tier pseudo intellectual.

No, you're someone who is making correct choices. The Republic is just one of those books that you need to read if you're serious about any intellectual activity in the western world. Plain and simple.

Keep up the good work, and don't skimp on the Aristotle afterwards.

What if I sit there reading a book online or off a tablet?

I'll give it a crack

>reading jew books as part of a jew activity

Yeah, nah. May as well join a synagogue.

Why do these threads always end up in some sort of LEL PLEBEIAN XD thread even if people read canonized and highly respected material like Dostoyevsky. In this day and age it's rare to begin with that you're reading for fun at all

>stop posting about Trump on an American politics forum

>Implying we won't post about him for the next 8 years

>reading a book when you could be watching a video, listening to a story, or playing a video game instead

Paper media is easier to concentrate on, for learning, than e-books.
Every survey and study on the topic shows that.

James Ellroy, American Tabloid

Good book but more detailed than I needed of his life. Isiah Berlin's one essay on him in "Russian Thinkers" is good. He's more than just father of Populism as I only heard of. He ditched that and continued his thoughts.

hack everything my russian friends

Anyone else reading this one?

Reading is faster than watching a video for equal amounts of information. Stories are useless and so are vidya.

One of the greatest men ever lived on this planet. So underrated. The man, who created the Third Reich, Hitler and who left in minds like dark shadow behind furher

Hehe probably solo on this one

Does somebody have the infographic of Sup Forums-approved literature?

Why not research yourself? Isn't that more fun? Fucking sheep.

I'm reading "in the court of the red tzar", interesting long read.

A week ago I read the Great game, shit was cash af, it's about brits and tsarist spies fighting for control over an uncharted central asia. Would recc for anyone interested in that historial period.

Isn't this basically (((intellectuals))) are the master race and everyone else who doesn't care about being a scrawny intellectual is a dumb barbarian?

will dump

A single jump off point can be very effective for certain kinds of people.

one of the worst book i've ever read. i don't advise to Anons, so badly wrote, so patronizing, it's a real pain for the eyes.

On another subject, this one is really redpill : the wagecuckism history. Very technic but very important to understand how the social pax is working.

2d4u

FUGGGG :DDDDDDD

I know a lot of croatians, seems weird to me they read more important books than crime and punishment on high school,but i guess youre a croatian descendant of Tesla and Copernico and graduated first of your class and teach crocop how to fight and all that.

Notes from the underground its a nice book to start with fiodor, way easier than the op book.