Modern architecture hate thread

This right here is a "university building" in New York City

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bLE7JrAFPBs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do you look at a mountain and complain that it is deformed?

A
FUCKING
SCREW

Why are you guys picking on the US and universities?

What have they done to you? They don't put you guys on blast. Why shame their architecture instead of their arguments?

No, but you would complain if your architect designed your house to look like a literal fucking lump of shit.

>inb4 The Fountainhead

I don't find the architecture to work well. I get New York is supposed to be this huge city, but where this building is, it sticks out like a sore thumb

Did someone let a porygon lose?

That's leaf architecture, not even once

I live like one street up from there. AMA

Fucking hate this every time I see it, this would be my choice too.

How do you defile a beautiful classic museum with that pile of shit...

I legit wish death upon the kike who thought this garbage was a good idea. It never fails to make me seethe.

My city's library.
It's not quite JUST, still pretty bad.

I think I recognize that place
Didn't there used to be a giant cat there?

Poorly designed, bad use of space and lighting, but kind of cool looking honestly

THIS IS A SLIDE THREAD, DO NOT POST.

THEY ARE SLIDING THIS THREAD.

The only reason it is ugly is because everything else doesn't look like it. Once every old building is demolished and rebuild by better, more skilled architects cities will look incredibly futuristic.

i win now where is my prize

modern architechure can be comfy, but it seems like 90% of it is completely devoid of any character.

Fuck off kike. Glass twisted in random shapes is disgusting. With modern technology we can make buildings look like anything, but modern architects make them look like nothing.

that looks like literal garbage.

that doesnt compare to what i posted its the weirdest building in town

architectural form isn't separate from intellectual ideals

>"hey that's actually pretty coo-"
>see it's cutting into an old building
>"REEEEEEEEEE"

modern architecture deserves its bad reputation but there are good examples
this not one

I live a few feet from here :)

the cancer spreads

Looks like a fucking Sandcrawler from Star Wars

>a giant yellow boner to remind us of how we are being fucked by the chinese

Not architecture but thread related. My city has this. It cost $470,000 paid for with tax dollars. Our mayor called in "awful" and immediately started doing a review of the city's infrastructure art budget after it went up.

If you think all the shit posted above is ugly, take a look at the modern art museum in my otherwise beautiful city. Some kike architect actually thought it would be a good idea to put this right inbetween old buildings.

It looks like a tank skirt.

Jesus Christ what's the architect's name?

>$470,000

For a ring of blue steel painted blue, Architecture truly is up there with Lawyering as one of the greatest scams in the modern world.

Thing looks like a giant maggot

A literal fucking tumor

Lloyd Wright was good because he drew upon historical architecture to provide inspiration for his buildings. Current architects just pull designs out of their arses, with no sense of historical continuity.

Peter Cook and Colin Fournier are the architects. Judging from the photo on the wikipedia article, Cook looks like a kike.

nice slug

Yeah I complain about Michael Moore & Rosie O'Donnell all the time. Deformed mountains of shit.

thats so bad.

Don't be ridiculous

It's not nearly as good as the Sandcrawler

> Modern architecture hate thread
It doesn't get much worse than this pic

>europe started allowing literal alien refugees now
shit looks like an alpha centaurian mosque

How do you guys feel about corb

Winner here.

tells you what kind of art you will find there

He's definitely an anglo, probably a crypto-kike. His wiki page mentions many (((international))) dealings. Never a good sign.

My father has one of his doors and its amazing.

Postmodernist rubbish.

He was one of our greatest scam artist.

GET THAT GOOGLE SKETCHUP VOMIT AWAY FUUVKVK V

I took four years of CAD in highschool, and I have to say, every thing posted here except should be demolished.

Fun fact, that building nearly bankrupted that university.

>I took four years of CAD in highschool
>thinks his opinion matters

I fucking hate that shit.

Looks like a polygon model out of an early 3D PC game.

MODERN ARCHITECTURE IS DEGENERATE BECAUSE IT ASSUMES MEANING IS SOCIALLY CONSTRUCTED. CORB IS A DISGUSTING TABULA RASA.

Lads I've been talking to people about this shit everyday, I thought I was alone. I fucking love art deco, I hope it comes back for business buildings

makes sense, too many modern buildings seem like sculptures rather than buildings

We're lucky to live in a timeline where his design for Paris was never accepted.

it looks like they attached giant cheese graters to the top of the building

>Why are you guys picking on the US and universities?
It's pretty much our (((universities))) that are to thank for Western Civilization being in its death throes now.

Best part about that piece of shit is that in winter there's a danger of deadly falling icicles so they clear the area around the pointy overhangs.

Plot twist: it was supposed to be normal but the 3D file got corrupted and the autist responsible for turning the sketch into blueprints just went with it.

It looks looks someone took a normal skyscraper and wrapped it in duct tape. It isn't even in some recognizable pattern. Was it designed to look as ugly as fucking possible, because if so then congrats.

the new nigger museum in DC is fucking awful

ofc, it was obama who ushered in this piece of shit

>high school
>four years

What high school?

that is one evil scheming looking face

Cancer

I fucking HATE this thing. It ruins the entire fucking lawn and is filled nothing but pop media garbage. There's an Air Jordan exhibit.

>pol is right again

terrible, hopefully trump razes it

Looks like a GPU glitch

to be fair, both buildings are ugly.

i believe that particular monstrosity focused the sunlight into a death ray and heated up the apartments across the street to like 125. one in london melted a guy's jaguar.

A GIANT PUSSY

Lol someone actually paid money for that

It's because she's responsible for all of
this.

She wrote a comfy book called The Fountainhead and gorillions of architects are now self entitled "artists" whose bullshit artistic "vision" is not called out even nearly enough.

>fin de siècle garbage is replaced by cleaner architecture without change in typology
seems good to me

What were you krauts thinking?

You mean Jewish architecture?

Jews destroy everything they touch and now their filth is considered the norm.

This mall is absolutely hideous no matter how many times I pass by it. However I do like the pristine white everything design inside of it, and they have a cool long hallway that reminds me of a space ship. Can't wait until a kebab blows himself up in there.

What's wrong with this?

Looks standard, even has some nice balconies.

10/10 would work there

High school is 4 years in states. More importantly though, it is literally illegal to say "fart" in canada

Proof:
youtu.be/bLE7JrAFPBs

absolutely degenerate (((aesthetic)))

What is it?

You have shit taste.

at least it was a dome and not a block of deconstructivist cancer

>how do you want your building to look like?
>just fuck that shit up

Leafs too ashamed to mention OCAD?

The old building looks like a synagogue, so probably nothing of value was lost

I actually really like the modern architechture aesthetic, but only stuff that merges with old stuff, only problem is that i hate cucks and libtards and they also love these places too.

When can we have a techinogically advanced and stunning city that is redpilled?