Prove that this image is bullshit without using memes; protip: you can't...

Prove that this image is bullshit without using memes; protip: you can't. And don't forget to cite your sources shitlords.

Other urls found in this thread:

c2cjournal.ca/2016/12/were-teaching-university-students-lies-an-interview-with-dr-jordan-peterson/
youtube.com/watch?v=BDj_bN0L8XM
dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1168182/Catfights-handbags-tears-toilets-When-producer-launched-women-TV-company-thought-shed-kissed-goodbye-conflict-.html
singledudetravel.com/2015/08/about-that-wage-gap-myth/
youtube.com/watch?v=OQq5gKYUoPc
minoritynurse.com/nursing-statistics/
ctf-fce.ca/en/Pages/Issues/Status-of-Women.aspx
talentegg.ca/incubator/2012/03/12/women-working-skilled-trades/
statcan.gc.ca/pub/75-006-x/2013001/article/11874-eng.htm
youtu.be/OQq5gKYUoPc
civilrights.findlaw.com/discrimination/gender-discrimination.html
google.com/amp/reason.com/archives/2010/08/19/the-truth-about-the-pay-gap/amp
forbes.com/sites/bridgetbrennan/2015/01/21/top-10-things-everyone-should-know-about-women-consumers/#502fa2a02897
youtube.com/watch?v=EwogDPh-Sow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

even poo in loos get paid better than 1 buck for a full time work

step it up murrica

It's a myth.

t. white male

That image is 100% accurate. The implication that they are paid this despite doing the same work is laughable though.

If I could save 21% on wages why would I ever hire a man?

The image implies that women do the same work as men by calling it the pay gap. What it really is is an earnings gap.

c2cjournal.ca/2016/12/were-teaching-university-students-lies-an-interview-with-dr-jordan-peterson/

fair enough, but I have a debate on the gap coming up in my sociology class and I could use some good arguments.

It's illegal for two people working the exact same same job to be paid a different wage if they started at the same time.
If it were 21% cheaper to pay women less for the same work then companies would hire them. The reality is that men are more likely to work overtime and work physically demanding (and often dangerous) jobs.

the image is true, the reason it occurs is not because of sexism

women are less likely to negotiate wages, more likely to take vacations, and infinitely more likely to get pregnant and drop out of the work force for two years

Because it defies the basic principles of capitalism. Why wouldn't a company only hire women and save 21% of their payroll costs?

That 79 cent figure is just a rough average of all women and all men not accounting for the type of work. Men are more biologically set for physically demanding, strenuous work that in turn pays more for the effort. Otherwise no one would want to work road construction, landscaping, etc.

coal miner gender gap
underwater welder gender gap
trash custodian gender gap
doctors shouldn't make the same as receptionists

>women are available at 21% discount
>create new companies using only female labor
>sell everything cheaper than competitors
>into fortune 500 overnight

oh wait, the original claim was bogus so you can't actually do this

even if it were true, no company made up of women would ever come to a decision on anything.

Man:
>goes to college at 18 and graduates at 22
>starts working when he graduates
>works hard, asks for promotions, asks for raises
>works until he is 65 and retires

Woman:
>goes to college at 18 and graduates at 22
>starts working when she graduates
>takes a year off when she is 25 to have a kid
>works hard, but never asks for promotions, never asks for raises
>takes another two years off when she is 30 to have another kid
>works in a similar position to where she started until she is 65 and retires

youtube.com/watch?v=BDj_bN0L8XM

If women truly were paid less for the same work, why aren't women hired at an insanely higher rate compared to men?
The wage gap is simply the average earnings of men and women. It does not account for different positions, job positions, or hours worked.
The reason no serious economist takes the wage gap seriously is because it simply doesnt exist and "fixing it" would result in women receiving higher pay than men for the same job to make the averages the same

>women are less likely to negotiate wages

I think that has been debunked

The main factors are Job choice and child rearing.

can you please also link the time spent in the workplace as a ratio between men an women?

oh yeah it 79/100 throughout career

Theres a screenshot of article that usually gets posted in these threads about an all female company. It devolved to lots of infighting, catty backstabbing, and of course, not being able to come to a decision. I think the company failed within a year or 2. Hopefully a noble user can post it.

And that's why they are paid less.

Jesus, what are you, amateurs?

Attractive women dont need as much money as men, men buy them dinners, give them expensive gifts, change their tires, plow their driveway when its snowing, then they eventually get million dollar alimonies.

I agree ugly women should be paid equally to men tho.

It is already unsourced. I could easily find the source for this and explain why it is bullshit, but there is only 1 post by this ID, so I am going to sage instead.

If an enterpreneur could save 21% in salary costs by hiring women only he would do it in a heartbeat.

If this was the case I'd fire all males and replace them with females. Instant profit.

Your image is bullshit because you didn't cite your sources.

The source cited for that statistic is annual earnings, not hourly wages. That will tell you something right away.

Any industry that sees a major influx of female labour will see a stagnation in labour rates and wages, not only from overabundance of labour but also effects on pay negotiation; women seek job security and sociable hours, and as a group hold reluctance to agitate for pay rises due to fears of rocking the boat, job loss, and retribution.

The number of non-sociable, low-security jobs in society hold more in number and productive value, so are manned by men, who are much less reluctant to agitate for pay rises.

weak b8

It is basically a case of the Yule-Simpson Effect. The gap only appears when looking at the aggregate wages for all job types. If you breakdown the data by job type and account for experience, the gap nearly vanishes.

It also doesn't take into account the "intangibles" a job may offer. For example, women are more likely to put value on things like flexible scheduling, work from home, etc.

I don't have the screenshot, but I do have a link to the article.

dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1168182/Catfights-handbags-tears-toilets-When-producer-launched-women-TV-company-thought-shed-kissed-goodbye-conflict-.html

$1 is still pretty shit pay though...

Women perform less both physically and mentally thus it would be unfair to pay them same as men who get much more shit done in the same timetable.

Source: nature and world around you

>full-time working men vs women

Women work full-time? I don't see them working when they spend most of their time doing their nails, checking their mail, and chatting on the phone.

>Go to the mall
>See that 80% of stuff and more is for women and advertised to them
>Even if they actually earn less then men, they spend their share AND ours.

listen up you poopie goyim

>hello i have come for job. I will work one hour a day for one monies a day.
>ok that sounds good
>hello i have come for job. i have a babby so i will work slightly less than one hour a day, and receive slightly less moneys

it is basic math

Can't wait to gas shills and feminists.

1 POST BY ID
DO NOT ENGAGE
>1 POST BY ID
>DO NOT ENGAGE
1 POST BY ID
DO NOT ENGAGE
>1 POST BY ID
>DO NOT ENGAGE

OP--this video explains the whole wage gap myth:
singledudetravel.com/2015/08/about-that-wage-gap-myth/

>Prove that this image is bullshit
>And don't forget to cite your sources shitlords
>OP posts image claiming it isn't bullshit
>OP forgets to cite his sources like the shitlord he is
>1 post by this ID
Protip: I just did.

1 POST BY ID
DO NOT ENGAGE
>1 POST BY ID
>DO NOT ENGAGE
1 POST BY ID
DO NOT ENGAGE
>1 POST BY ID
>DO NOT ENGAGE
1 POST BY ID
DO NOT ENGAGE
>1 POST BY ID
>DO NOT ENGAGE
1 POST BY ID
DO NOT ENGAGE
>1 POST BY ID
>DO NOT ENGAGE
1 POST BY ID
DO NOT ENGAGE
>1 POST BY ID
>DO NOT ENGAGE
1 POST BY ID
DO NOT ENGAGE
>1 POST BY ID
>DO NOT ENGAGE
1 POST BY ID
DO NOT ENGAGE
>1 POST BY ID
>DO NOT ENGAGE
1 POST BY ID
DO NOT ENGAGE
>1 POST BY ID
>DO NOT ENGAGE

Godbless user
enjoy this cacophony of pepes

Fuck off. I'm just trying to help

>tfw it does exist but people misuse this stat for their shitty agenda

Happy OP?

No because you don't even believe its true. You're just a typical neckbeard faggot Sup Forums user killing time in between wanks.

>And don't forget to cite your sources shitlords.
>Doesn't cite
wew

True enough, women earn less, but somehow this got construed as women earning less FOR THE SAME JOBS

women as a whole group work 79% as hard as men as a whole group

Prove this is an issue.

Uncle thomas has all your answers
youtube.com/watch?v=OQq5gKYUoPc

the image is correct. women, on average, earn less than men do. that's fine. they don't get paid less for doing the same work, but men will take a second job more often than women, or be in a higher paying position. it is illegal to pay someone different amounts of money for doing the same job.

What are earnings vs wages

With that in mind, factor in maternity leave, time spent at home raising children while the man is at the office after hours advancing his career,and women are pretty bad at negotiating salaries in interviews and have a tendency to settle. Also, there is no shame in being less involved in work to raise a child properly. That's extremely important.

Also what about the death gap?
I'm a highrise electrician. Company of 400, 95% of which are white men. We all make around 90k when licensed. We also die the most in the construction sector. How many women do you think are in this company aside from the office. It's a union company too, and they love to hire women to use as poster girls.

That's all I got anyway. Tldr average earnings over time is not the same as wage.

>all working individuals
Well shit there's you problem, maybe tell women there's more than just being a fucking teacher and nurse. I would love too see some fucking pussy in my cs classes I've been on a dry spell for a year.

I'm not fucking joking there's empirical and anecdotal evidence that women just go into nursing and teaching. Those careers aren't big on making money.

Literally 2/3 of the girls in my highschool classes were talking about doing teaching and nursing. Jesus Christ and I was sampling from AP sciences and math classes because I'm a massive faggot. You have to be joking there is literally nothing wrong with the pay gap other than women choose different work.
>but but equal opportunity means equal outcomes
No I fucking doesn't, women just don't want to go into hard sciences and do a trade it's fucking simple.

minoritynurse.com/nursing-statistics/
ctf-fce.ca/en/Pages/Issues/Status-of-Women.aspx
talentegg.ca/incubator/2012/03/12/women-working-skilled-trades/
statcan.gc.ca/pub/75-006-x/2013001/article/11874-eng.htm

>inb4 not the us
Fuck off we literally mirror you in everything

Dont tell me that women make less tell women to make more you fucking ignorant shitlord

considering how many women stay at home with their families,a woman probably gets paid more than a man

life choices
less brain power
less muscles

This will make it to the bump limit. Fuck this gay earth.
Everyone already knows that the wage gap is a blatant myth with no facts to support it. People who honestly believe in the wage gap despite being shown that they're wrong aren't worth paying attention to.

>That guy running in with a tyre on the first picture

they purposefully did the math wrong in order to trick the public

over 50% of men work on average 41 hours per week.
only 13% of women work that much.

most women women work on average 34 hours per week.

it's illegal to pay someone with the same education/skill, same job description, and same employer a different wage based on their gender. it cannot happen. it does not happen.

the reason men appear to earn more is because they work more.

Go to a shop, find a male worker, and ask him what his wage is.
Then find a female one of the same rank, and ask her.

No discussion needed.

Telling us not to use memes is like going to a debate and saying "Argue on this point, but don't use your mouth"

>TFW I know a dated a sociologist my freshmen year
>I warned her that sociology was bullshit and that I could teach her /prog/riding in a fucking week
>TFW I ran into her now after 7 years
>TFW she's a assisstant receptionist at a nursing home
>TFW she's dating a fucking bridge troll
>TFW they were arguing over dollar donuts and if they had the money for them

We broke up because she believed some bullshit rumors and never bothered to tell me they even existed or what was going on.

This felt so sweet. Seeing this cunt absolutely miserable and poor knowing she's made mistake after mistake, seeing that she's gained 30 pounds and stopped taking care of herself. It just makes me so fucking happy.

Then I see this wage gap bullshit and I wonder just how many dumb fucking cunts have to be out there for this to be even fucking possible.

>Like OMG a future what's that?
This is your modern day woman

If they were doing something they enjoy it wouldn't be a problem but then they bitch about it just outing their fucking terrible life decisions and blaming everyone around them. It's fucking cathartic and I think I understand why Saudi Arabia only recently moved to accept the fact that women are humans, because holy fuck a human can not be this god damn dim witted.

>>TFW I know a dated a sociologist my freshmen year

know/dated

you cant argue that women get paid less and are underrepresented in the workplace because that violates the most basic economic principles

>wants us to cite sources
>has done literally no research
>mfw

youtu.be/OQq5gKYUoPc

News Flash: Oil rig workers who work overtime get paid more than kindergarten teachers who get pregnant at 25.

This.
It's illegal to pay 2 people of different sex different wages for the exact same job.
It doesn't happen.

Why doesn't the image have to cite its sources?

If Sowell had gone into politics, would you have voted for him?

Only as a cabinet member or senator. I cant trust him with executive orders, hes a bit too left

>it's illegal to pay someone with the same education/skill, same job description, and same employer a different wage based on their gender.
*citation needed

>illegal
what law specifically?

you have to prpve that it's true.

>1 post by this ID

god damn you fucking autistic fucks keep falling for the shill bait

>MFW only two women make less than I do, one in a less complicated account management position, the other is the executive assistant

I don't know why my ID changed, but I'm OP, this is me posting here: probably because I started this thread while I was on the shitter so I was connected to public wifi but now I'm back in my room connected to my personal connection

this measures the average incomes of men and woman regardless of what job they work

men get higher paying jobs on average than woman, go figure

No need to use memes, yet you used one because without your shitty meme of MUH WAGE GAP, you don't even have anything to put out for your point.

Maybe try some actual facts and statistics next time, libtard, but since you won't find any to validate your dumbfuckery, let's just hope you kill yourself and spare the world another retard on the streets.

The male medial is higher because more men are CEOs, enigneers, doctors, and heads of departments.

male median*

Burden of proof is on you to prove it.

Is it not fair that an engineer makes more money than a grocery store clerk?

just quoting someone

>its like taking the average salary of a cashier at Ralph Lauren ($19,770) adding the CEO salary ($66.7 million) and then saying the average employee at the flagship store makes $1,612 per hour.. thats why you dont conflate job types when you're looking at salaries

We don't even need sources. The pay gap figure of $0.79 is based on a universal average between the sexes. It is NOT based on same position, same company. Every time I see studies attempting to control for this, they average across "Similar roles in the same industries", but never THE SAME organization. Because then their narrative will evaporate, and people will stop paying attention to them.

There is no female Bill Gates.
There is no female Warren Buffet.
There are plenty of barely makin' it single mothers.
Not a lot of single fathers (sexist courts)

So of course these figures are going to portray a difference in average earnings when the outliers are aligned as they are.

Is this an issue worth trying to "fix"? Sure.
Is it a "pay gap" issue? No.

Stop lying through statistics.

> All full-time vs. all full time
> Not comparing education, experience and tenure
> Dept. of labor did a study with the mentioned stats
> The real gap was $0.08
> Because women take on more part time jobs
> And women pursue more carriers in lower paying areas

It's not a male vs. female thing, it's female culture vs. female perception

civilrights.findlaw.com/discrimination/gender-discrimination.html

>implying that this myth is not a meme
>can't get away by paying employee the same amount of money regardless of qualification and position

Man I wish I can get away paying people 75 cents

Women need 79% of the amount of food needed by men to survive , seem about right.

google.com/amp/reason.com/archives/2010/08/19/the-truth-about-the-pay-gap/amp

That was easy

Go to the main stats websites

They don't account for job type, please look it up i'm not going to google it for you

Also goodluck in class bud

Lily Ledbetter Act

women are retarded

even if women get paid more, sources say they are responsable for about 70-80% of the money that is spent:

forbes.com/sites/bridgetbrennan/2015/01/21/top-10-things-everyone-should-know-about-women-consumers/#502fa2a02897

So they exercise their power in society in different ways

this,
or a steel worker making more than mcdonalds employee

here you go
youtube.com/watch?v=EwogDPh-Sow

Where is your source cunt?

>1 post by this ID
>Proof of burden
sage and report