Why aren't you 3D-printing firearms right now to prepare for the habidding?

Why aren't you 3D-printing firearms right now to prepare for the habidding?

Other urls found in this thread:

stratasysdirect.com/blog/worlds-first-3d-printed-metal-gun/
startupsmart.com.au/news-analysis/local/australian-3d-metal-printer-claims-to-be-the-cheapest-on-the-market/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Has somebody invented a 3d printed gun that can shoot more than 2 bullets before breaking?

You would be better off with a good metal workshop in the garage or backyard. 3D-Printing guns are ineffective but good for a liberal boogeyman.

Ghost gunner by defense distributed. It's cheaper and better than a 3D printer

They make metal 3d printers now

maybe cos you can't also 3d print ammunition

they typically last 400-600.

the 'ghost gunner' machine is much nicer. you give it an appropriate block of aluminum and it mills out a receiver with one button push.

buy a ghost gunner, some stock, a crate of upper+barrels, a crate of stocks, a crate of trigger assys and hardware and you can turn out a decent AR15 every day for about 300 dollars.

Most cucked countries cant get ammo even if they could print the guns.

The idea of a CNC mill that I can put on a table in my garage is awesome, whether you use it to make guns or not. 3d printing is a meme.

Because I own real guns instead.

3D printers are a meme. Tell me when the metal powder resin ones are available for consumers.

you obviously do not have a 3d printer.

Yes. They've made a fully 3D printed Colt 1911 that has fired thousands of rounds flawlessly

stratasysdirect.com/blog/worlds-first-3d-printed-metal-gun/

Still cheaper & easier to make them on lathes, cnc, etc

>Not 3d printing guns, ammunition, gunpowder, targets and the shoulder thing that goes up

You're already cucked beyond redemption

3d print a 3d printer so I can 3d print some mother fucking guns nigga

You know they can print out 3D tissues and even organs by using stem cells and shit, right?

Why are you not 3D printing your perfect waifu?

You can just buy good ones you fucking retard.

>constructed in a $50,000 printer
I'll just buy a regular one instead.

They have ones that can carve titanium which is pretty cool. Get a block of a metal, and a laser carves the shit out of it.

A substitute for milling firearms parts? Who knows.

When are we going to be able to 3D print another 3D printer?

More like $250,000 printer, hence why I said lathes, cnc, etc traditional manufacturing methods are still preferred

In 50 years printing them will be cheap, but for now...

>Get a block of a metal, and a laser carves the shit out of it.

That's not 3d printing you mong

Someday, decentralized manufacturing for all anons...

someday...

I am. Just not all of the gun's parts. Punch, forge, and turn the rest of it.

Doesn't everyone gunsmith here?

>stratasysdirect.com/blog/worlds-first-3d-printed-metal-gun/
Yup. I've gotten prototypes made using #d printers, they'll be a viable option soon. Right now they are are the "computers in the 70s stage" - Massive in size & cost - Give it a few decades, the technology will get much cheaper and more efficient

Really? I have.

no need to print the shit i already own

Because I have real guns that aren't poorly made pieces of 3d printed shit.

its more likely a million dollars
>this one school here has a 3D metal printer cnc mill and lathe with 6? axes
>costs 1 mirrion dorras

holy fuck. CHECKED

WHAT DID KEK MEAN BY THIS?

PUT ME IN THE SCREENCAP LADS

Being able to print pieces as you need them when they break will be sweet though.

Firing pin done? Print a new one.
Fucked up your trigger guard? Print a new one.
Old receiver screw got lost? Print a new one.

Good for old cars that have parts that don't get made any more too

>wanting the lowest possible tolerances known to man
Is this, dare I say, the most infinite lmao ever conceived by mortal ears?

Yeah, the one they used to make that didn't have a large work surface, but yes the larger metal 3d printers are fucking expensive - But they can print airplane finished parts for jets, engines, etc so it can be worth it from a cost-benefit standpoint

You're right. i went to the innovation campus not that long ago and was shown one of them, but I completely missed the point.

I just looked it up and they use a metal powder, and a laser essentially melts the particles together. I knew at least that a laser was involved.

These are available for purchase btw.

startupsmart.com.au/news-analysis/local/australian-3d-metal-printer-claims-to-be-the-cheapest-on-the-market/

I really can't wait. The metal powder printing seems really promising.

Also witnessed

It means we got a bright future ahead of us.

You're right. i went to the innovation campus not that long ago and was shown one of them, but I completely missed the point.

I just looked it up and they use a metal powder, and a laser essentially melts the particles together. I knew at least that a laser was involved.

These will likely be available to everyone pretty soon btw.

1 I am broke
2 I doubt they can create a working gun fine with the technology i would be able to afford (so rent a center 3D printers for me).
3 It is cheaper just to buy a gun.

If you get a good enough one, you could probably pay if off by selling the completely unregistered shadow weapons.

You could finally 3D print an 1911 big enough to take out tanks and drones if your government becomes too upitty.

A few the "best" currently is probably the shuty. It uses hardware store parts and a pistol barrel. It's kinda bulky, but it works and doesn't explode in your hand.

Buy a mill and make your own theres tons of diy blueprints

This is incredible.

Shut the fuck up you anime faggot

>Has somebody invented a 3d printed gun that can shoot more than 2 bullets before breaking?

You can print and ar-15

Cost.

> $1600 cnc mill
> $180 abs fdm printer

I'm not saying a CNC mill wouldn't be great, but don't lie about it being cheaper than a 3d printer.