Tfw the NAWAPA will never be real

>tfw the NAWAPA will never be real
>California will always be dry as fuck and the Great Basin will always be a wasteland

Why doesn't anyone even think to propose megaprojects any more?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qattara_Depression_Project
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But muh environment

Oh yeah, saving our country from drought and providing power for the nation would be disastrous for the environment.

It's a lot better than Atlantropa would be.

better pic?
And because they are expensive, complex, and would benefit Americans. Also, Canadians are really possessive of their water.

Also good to substitute the Oglala Aquifer in the great plains to prevent future drought.

*Ogallala Aquifer

>Canadians are really possessive of their water
That's why we need to annex Canada.

Why doesn't California desalinate their water? They can definitely afford it, and it would be a lot better for the environment than what they're doing now.

Then we would have to teach the Quebecois english. Though if that were possible, then getting Baja California should also be pursued.

My idea was to just let Quebec go.

They want independence so we should give it to them.

>tfw no great werks of our time
feels abhorrent man

I hope the wall is a grand spectacle at least.

Because Californians hate electrical transmission lines and power plants that don't stop working when the sun goes down.

And Nuclear. They really hate nuclear.

If I'm ever president I'm going to push NAWAPA like I'm giving birth to it.

Desalination takes a lot of power, and green groups block any attempt at building power plants, even though the California coast is perfect for nuclear plants to sit on.

Is this the green ID convention?

NAWAPA confirmed to be Green party approved?

The dividends it would provide for the west would be yuge. All we do now is send our water down to California.

>

Environmentalists would be the first ones to try and suicide bomb the project. The only thing they hate more than environmental degradation is any attempt to improve the environment.

Cause the desert is perfect?

>anti-nuclear, so not enough power

they also DID have them built but the federal government confiscated them and moved them to guantanamo after cuba shut off the water

yes, the California coast, with its proximity to fault lines, is a GREAT location for nuclear plants

Another interesting idea is the Qattara Depression Project, which would fill a gigantic dry depression in Egypt and turn it into a lake which could green the surrounding areas and make them arable. Shame it never got off the ground.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qattara_Depression_Project

Yeah good question. Wtf California you got the whole damn ocean for you gay almonds and fruits

can we meme nawapa into a thing?maybe get trump in on this?

What the fuck is this shit? Have you ever heard about corrosion?
I don't know if its Sup Forums or the 'murrican education meme.

keep your hands off our water, burger

>we need to give that shit away to nestle

>hurrrr durrr let's just annex the whole world bro!
>this way we get all the things we need!

It was the dream of a German engineer in the 20s and 30s.

Maybe if you fucking did something with your water instead of hording it away so a nation 10 times your size can't end all drought on the continent.

You exist because of American mercy, Canada.

>Mexican intellectuals
Just build you wall and shut up about things beyond your comprehension. I'm sure two similar nations forming together to create a stronger single nation is unthinkable for you when all you know is a nation that tries to rip itself apart.

Huh?
OK!! GREAT IDEA!!

You did it!
Just increase the number of stars and nothing will ever fall apart.
It's not like you have to share the wealth with everyone either.

lol, Exactly!

Just like... Mexico?

You got it.
I take it that green roof mansion is where you live right?
Nice

Pretty sure Megaprojects are still being proposed and done. They're just mostly in places other than Western countries. The Three Gorges Dam and Itaipu Dam come to mind.

>Itaipu Dam
>reservoir volume of 76 quadrillion gallons
Jesus christ.

Yeah they ended up draining the volumetrically largest waterfall system, Guaira Falls, in the world in order to create it. Shame really, it was really beautiful.

where is your pic?

>draining
You mean flooding.