FASHWAVE

F A S H W A V E general

GET COMFY

>More than just a mannerist collage of the nostalgic aesthetic belonged to the millennial generation, Fashwave also operates to force classicism free of the post-modernist stranglehold that academic progressives have maintained over it, for a nearly a century. We would be mistaken to claim that the antiquated speculative nature of Fashwave betrays the aesthetic as a thing only predicated on nostalgia. While it might be considered a collage of sorts, stitched together from pieces of 80s and 90s pop-culture; VHS tapes, video game soundtracks, neo-noir landscapes, neon, lasers, synthesizers, streaking brake lights and 8-bit arpeggios—Fashwave only operates modally to subvert the mainstream progressive agenda by way of nostalgic cues to the otherwise uninterested.

>The real strength and fascination of the aesthetic lies in its ability to draw a parallel between anachronistic futurisms; that is to say, what ideals were once held for tomorrow and have since fallen either out of favor, out of fashion, or out of plausibility—and icons of western art now so unpopular in the mainstream circles of acceptable media. Hovercrafts, jetpacks, Bond gadgets, terminator technology, apocalyptic analogues—dreams made into memories.

>By carefully conflating these two ideas we might touch on the birth of a new mannerism: anachronism becomes the mode by which the canon of western thought and artistic enterprise suddenly and altogether vaults over the rhetorical barriers set in place by post-modernism and manned tirelessly by the drones of academia, to re-establishes itself as a countercultural force.

>So it was that Piranesi’s Veduta di Roma series painted an image of Rome so fantastical that Goethe himself—a fan of Piranesi’s work—exclaimed his consuming disappointment upon first visiting the city, for it was less impressive than Piranesi’s drawings had led him to dream.

>Let us continue dreaming.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tsu7wEyiWGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=LR6cjgwt8xc
youtube.com/watch?v=DCLGVUenCeA
youtube.com/watch?v=Ea2kCxCaBh0
youtube.com/watch?v=RngSfNbvKZU
youtube.com/watch?v=oNT7TuNLu08
youtube.com/watch?v=GAx3FnVAOWA
youtube.com/watch?v=ehp9ahkoHlg
youtube.com/watch?v=0QSwDLH2ang
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What do people think of my first poster? (in the op)

Not bad. If someone did one with a tiger tank I'd cum hard. And I think we all know that the pics with statue art are the best ones

Currently my wallpaper

i am a fan of this desu

both look good. but i like this one better. the one in the OP could use more work on the background, it looks quite bare.

No. Just no. You don't try to feed people to kill, literally from that point of view.
This is impossible for people to swallow.

That pasta explains what we are doing so at least, read it. Art is supposed to produce dem feels.

In our case, feel of love, justice, competence, nobility etc. Or loss of those.

Try to do it with this one, someone.

Actually I read it wrong. 3 AM here. This is fucking great. Make another more explicit against abortion.

Is the OP from an article analysing fashwave? Or is it pasta?

pasta.

more

couldn't get the dark bits to look right so i left it like this, sorry.

cultural marxism will be the death of all nations and peoples

mark 2

THANK YOU

Add a line of white text (the 90s font with lines through it) with a quote about the will to power and that seems like it'd be hella.

can i req a photo for my wiki leaks?

vaccines are little ufos and cause cancer (vagina/breast/testicel cancer)

?

no problem. if you can find a picture with light and dark together i'll do it like in the op. (not too dark though, otherwise i can't get it to work right, i am still a noob at this.)

where do you want me to put the text?

can someone make a fashwave image like this one?

i think it would be cool.

r8 my OC

cringe

posted the wrong one earlier

Music links now.

btw
one of you talented ones should really put together a quick basics, the initial google dox is fine, but a video showing a few things would be great.

pleb

I like this one. It doesn't fit in my screen, but certainly got my heart. I'll remove the text tough.

youtube.com/watch?v=tsu7wEyiWGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=LR6cjgwt8xc
youtube.com/watch?v=DCLGVUenCeA
youtube.com/watch?v=Ea2kCxCaBh0
youtube.com/watch?v=RngSfNbvKZU
youtube.com/watch?v=oNT7TuNLu08
youtube.com/watch?v=GAx3FnVAOWA
youtube.com/watch?v=ehp9ahkoHlg

please friends

alternate version

Something like this?

imgur com/zj6G3qZ.jpg

here you go.

What about this?

that's awesome

thanks user!

no problem. Is that what you had in mind, or did you want something else?

Caption it "Ride the Tiger"

bump

This isn't great guys. Need the music friends to get on this next.

the text is autistic

hello lad it is a musicfriend

okay.

I imagined something with animals like pic related, but what you made is pretty cool.

what would you suggest, leaf-nigger?

More like /cringewave/.

This
youtube.com/watch?v=0QSwDLH2ang
is pretty funny though, had a kek.

>That shadilay section
noice

seriously though you faggots are ridiculous

I meant to say "is". I'm phoneposting.

*cringe*

Bampen

shills will shill, keep going lads i'm liking the art

HAHAHAHAHA

here you go

I dig

I dig

i'll see what i can do

Do you have a high res version of pic related?

One of y'all do something with this

sorry I'm just reposting

I've stalked these threads for awhile now
>tfw you unironically like the aesthetic

This is pretty dope

I like how this style is evolving away from what looked like a blantant rip-off of vapourwave into something unique

FUCK YOU YOU PARASITIC FUCKING BITCH DESTROY YOUR BLOODLINE YOU CORRUPTIVE ANTIHUMANISTIC FAGGOT

YOU DESTROY THE SOVERIGNTY OF INNOCENCE WHILE MUTILATING CHILDREN AND INDUCING THEIR REMAINS FUCK YOU FOR PUSHING OPPRESSIVE FREQUENCIES INFLUENCING AND ADVOCATING FASCISM

LEAVE REALITY
FOREVER
YOU FUCKING BITCH.

I do

go to bed, burger.

He cant keep getting away with it!!

this was one of the first waveesque Brit themed pics I saved

I like this image.

I'm afriaid, however, that normies may confuse its meaning - they may think it's promoting multiculturalism as a positive idea

can't tell if bait or not because some SJWs actually act like this

The fashwave fags are better than the Pizzagate tards by a long shot.

i just downloaded a Roland GM/GS soundfont and i'm gonna try to incorporate it into some synthwave

nice art goys

or bogposters

"le phone call that saved europe XDDDD"

how is this?

>Let us continue dreaming
HAHA
DUMB
FUCKING
LIBERAL

I love this.

that is so cool!

thanks user!