What made this game so visionary and ahead of it's time politically...

What made this game so visionary and ahead of it's time politically? It predicted many things that are happening to us now. Why is it the most redpilled game ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rxOKEsBx4NU
youtu.be/Vxi7JRJrod4
youtube.com/watch?v=Bmz67ErIRa4
youtube.com/watch?v=PVRBH_JxFe4
store.steampowered.com/app/397550/
youtube.com/watch?v=COwfIhvRtNw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck you. Reinstalling.

Terrible game with illusion of choice

exactly like life.

same, also maybe thief

i tried getting red alert to work on my mac but havent had success yet

Not sure about the original, but red alert 2 and YR are buggy on modern computers. You need to disable hyperthreading in the bios, possibly disable all but one core as well, can't recall.

Specter said he researched conspiracy theories for the game and likely got redpilled himself.

lans tartare from tactics ogre is based

that sucks. i miss hearing Hell March without loading up youtube

This game predicted many things that have happened in life.

Every myth has some truth to it, some more than others.

>terrible game
come on now, that's just an objectively wrong opinion

youtube.com/watch?v=rxOKEsBx4NU

Dude talks about how crazy Deus Ex's story is. The whole thing is good but definitely skip to 23:30.

Pretty sure the WTC in the game are gone due to a terrorist attack. Look what happened not long after. The real question is, are there multiple groups fighting behind the scenes in real life, like the illuminati and MJ12 in the game?

>put a bunch of pants-on-head conspiracy theories in your game
>tinfoil hat retards praise it for being prophetic

They didn't have the draw distance to do the WTC properly, so they took them from the game and wrote a newspaper article that they were destroyed in an attack.

fpbp. Doing the same.

Because of Electronic Old Men. youtu.be/Vxi7JRJrod4

it's not skyrim so fuck off.

fpbp..also re-installing, but the combat gameplay does kinda suck

Never played it. What's the best way to do that right now?

As far as the story goes, is Mankind Divided any good?

Gog or just pirate it.

It's a pretty nice game over all, biggest problem is the game is rife with framerate issues. As for story it's pretty meh but the ending leaves it open for a sequel. Not nearly as good as HR.

Also curious about this. Played HR and it was good, but beat it and never played it again.

It's decent, but right when you think it's about to get good you face the final and only boss and the game ends.

>You need to disable hyperthreading in the bios, possibly disable all but one core as well, can't recall.
Not really a big deal just run it under a DOS emulator, I've yet to come across a motherboard BIOS that lets you disable multi-core or hyper threading though, sounds like a useless feature VMware has been around forever and runs any legacy OS no problem

Fuck I bought this game and went on some random computer on the first level. Imminently got blown away as I was reading about ''meme wars'' from a video game made in 1998. There is really no other game like it

>I've yet to come across a motherboard BIOS that lets you disable multi-core or hyper threading

Weird, my last few have those options.

Something about a race condition caused by hyperthreading now that I'm thinking about it.

I'm playing it right now and the atmosphere is amazing.

>put a bunch of pants-on-head conspiracy theories in your game
>they come true

>mac

kys

It's more of the same, except with DLC up the ass.

What brand? My current one is an Asus, but really who cares if you have a decent video card and full stack of RAM
>inb4 hack the Gibson
youtube.com/watch?v=Bmz67ErIRa4

OpenRA, open source and works.

Biostar, asus

Oh fuck, forgot about this.

There's also Renegade X, a free remake of CnC Renegade. It's pretty good, last I checked online was pretty active.

>Biostar, asus
brb bricking my box

its pretty much more of HR, advances the story a bit and sets up for the next sequel

the new games are decent but they are really trying to squeeze money out of people with the DLC

THERE IT IS

We Silhouette now

I found my original deus ex CD as I was cleaning up my house. I haven't played video games for years because of kids.
I also found warcraft 3 and command and conquer.

>Ross's Game Dungeon
Good taste

>ENEMY -- SHILLOUETTE

Speaking of which, a lot of mankind divided is you helping 'wikileaks' expose corruption. The whole game has eliza saying that they're irresponsible journalists, finally at the ending credits she asserts them as 'false news'. Someone at eidos has got an eye on the inside.

Also pretty hilarious how I robbed and murdered everyone in pallisades bank multiple times, including sending a hacked robot outside to kill all the police and civilians. The tv kept running ads that it has never been broken into and is the safest place on earth.

Did similar at the bank, was pretty good and those conspiracy theory guys were entertaining.

But user it's not-
>VAMPIRE THE MASQUERADE BLOODLINES

It was always about the memes

you know to much goy
youtube.com/watch?v=PVRBH_JxFe4

>Inferior bio chem corpus
>Ethical inflexibility
Can Savage even compete?

w-we're getting the helios ending, right?

>draw distance
it's a static image in the background
they claim the towers took too much memory

>draw distance
Yeah I never bought that shit, if you did at the time, you'll also think a few registry tweaks and a new video card would make Crysis run better, fuck I've had that game for over a decade and finally it runs smooth

The conspiracies ending up being sorta true?

PC games were for nerds and no one bothered to look at this for context.

This was a time before SJW's censored everything.

Crysis ran like this because it was pinned to a single thread, and at that time, multi thread CPU's came out and the 5.0 Ghz P4 plans all went out the window. It was optimized for a super fast single core processor that was never released.

full modernization mod:
store.steampowered.com/app/397550/

So are you a Trump supporter user

My opinion every game ever except for 5% of the stuff is redpilled. Why you ask? Because video games are the only media that haven't been infiltrated by libshits and the truly sjw stuff is tiny in numbers ( undertale and watchdogs 2 being the only good examples). Believe it or not GTA Sanandreas was one of the games that redpilled me the most because when I did research about the LA riots, government corruption and such I stumbled upon a pandoras box of information.

You're too young to be on Sup Forums

Revision is shit m8, play it with GMDX if you're gonna use any mods

Also, great example of Deus Ex writing
youtube.com/watch?v=COwfIhvRtNw

Warren Spector didn't write the script or story. Sheldon Pacotti did. He has written some books too, which would be nice to check out.

that's the best part of the entire game, and you know what? it was freaking hidden behind some locked doors. I'm sure 75% of first-time players totally missed it.

That attitude to game development is one of the things that made DX great. It refused to hold your hand and guide you like all the games now that are built primarily for 11 year olds with the attention span of a hamster.

Kinda funny how Harvey Smith, that also worked on it, went SJWhore.

Secretly, it's designed to make left-wing wacko SJWs sympathize with gun nuts.

The terminology in the game tricks the user into thinking it's MUH RACISM! But really let's think:

Augs are NOT something you are born with, they are NOT something that you *are*

The aug incident, where thousands of aug users lost control and started killing people, causing the government to target aug users and treat them as criminals.

Hmmm. Kinda sounds like the guncontrol antics they use today.

Oh sure, you can say it's MUH MUSLIMS and you could definitely find some superficial parallels to it. That's not what it is though, at the end of the day.

Ambrosia is basically a synonym for advanced technology that provides you with an augmented reality. Take cell phones for instance. If something catastrophic happened the government would have total control over the confused and helpless populace.

Why is revision shit? I have not played it yet.

Wow

>"God was a dream of good government"

That's one of my all time favorite quotes and it's from a fucking video game, but look at the state of video games now.

>audi sport quattro

MY MAN

WEW LAD

Harvey Smith has always been an uber blue pill and the game was supposed to be a satirical take on conspiracy theorists

t. gamedev who knew these cucks since the 90s

It's mostly just unnecessary level design changes that, in my opinion, ultimately ruin the game's atmosphere; it looks more like Blade Runner, but Deus Ex was never Blade Runner
Also, the new music is SHIT
Meanwhile, GMDX is a gameplay overhaul, and while I like vanilla, a lot of the changes are pretty neat

That's the funny thing with fiction.

You sometimes don't get across what you're trying to show and end up supporting the opposing side.

Smith is a total SJWhore.

Some of the others aren't that bad.

Hi Warren. When are you going to uncuck yourself and make good games again, instead of Mickey Mouse's Epic Shit?

I don't see how that tweet runs contradictory to the themes in the game though.

>Crysis ran like this because it was pinned to a single thread
I guess that would explain it, I didn't know that's what the Crytek engine did, but never bothered to figure it out, I just kept buying into the latest hardware jew, I just realized last year that I could finally play it the way it was meant to be played. I'll just thank Trudeau

He didn't write the story. Look here: It's disappointing how much attention Sheldon Pacotti has received. He is remarkably intelligent.

Smith pretty much ran things on that team.

Ironically I used to chuckle with my peers at his technically horrible and ugly level design, but these days he basically gets paid to tweet all day while I'm still a working dev crunching for The Man

>Mickey Mouse's Epic Shit
That game was such a monumental disappointment, it would have been so much better without the tacked on Super Mario Sunshine paint bullshit.

I love the left's bizarre concept of tyranny, all it is is the presence of an opposing viewpoint in a position of influence.

Kek.