How do other countries view American news sources, specifically CNN...

How do other countries view American news sources, specifically CNN? Is it general consensus that CNN actually is fake news? Because in America, people eat that shit up like its gospel

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7DcATG9Qy_A
archive.is/3A2I8
Sup
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pravda
iiipercent.blogspot.com/?m=1
drudgereport.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

hey

CNN is probably the best MSM news source in the US. Of course foreign news sources are better. I will say that RT is over-fucking rated however. Way too many conflicts of interest and it showed in their articles.

Most of my friends laugh at outlets such as CNN and Buzzfeed, and for the latter it actually blows my mind that people actually take it seriously. My friends and I are pretty right-wing though, and I too have heard people talk about Buzzfeed likes it's a completely unbiased news organization that is completely trustworthy and not fake news.

Their international version, based outof uk and HK, is way way professional than the us version

I'm not joking it's less biased than any Canadian news source

Anderson Cooper
Don Lemon
CNN

In Estonia, it's only a consensus that Russia Today is a propaganda channel.

Everything else, Estonians have no united opinions about. Average Estonian still thinks that average Americans are cowboys or whatever.

The local academia here of course is still "HURRDURR FOX IS FAKE NEWS FUCK DRUMPF AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE" like the rest of the western world, so yeah, it's not much different.

You would have to be a complete retard to think CNN is fake news.

Is it biased against Trump? Yeah. But then again that's what happens when you act like a thin skinned little bitch. CNN knows that every time they poke fun at him he's going to act like a manchild and give them a second story.

And now that he's aped out and convinced his brainwashed cult following not to listen to CNN, CNN has no reason to try to appeal to him. They're writing stories for all of the sane rational human beings that don't believe we should castrate the gays and are appalled at things like racism and sexual assault.

The things CNN reports are factual. Compared to Fox and MSNBC networks like CNN are in a league of their own. If you really truly believe CNN is bullshit I encourage you to put down your phone for a few days and shoot yourself in the throats so you can't vote in future elections. This country doesn't need any more morons having a say in my childrens' future.

No. Outside of Sup Forums, e-celebs on twitter and "blogs" nobody cares about this stuff.

THANK YOU FOR CORRECTING THE RECORD. $0.02 SHEKELS HAVE BEEN DEPOSITED INTO YOUR ACCOUNT, YOU SHILL.

Standard, memorized response. Typed in all caps in a desperate attempt to add some small inkling of validation.

Exactly the kind of response I was expecting. Keep up the good work sheep.

>pic related
>god tier level
top kek

here CNN used to be cosidered just a little bit honest when "informing" about what was happening either in tacoland or elsewhere (televisa is simply a bunch of lies and bullshit); however, little by little some people started to notice the things they were saying weren't accurate or were completely untrue (folks who actually go on internet and do some research and even talk to guy who live in the places mentioned by media workers), then they stopped believe in what they say. The shitshow that was burger run for presidency was what made shit tons of people to finally see CNN for what it was: bunch of guys pandering for shillary and their minions (although many didn't like trump or didn't really care because shillary is still perceived by the one behind the privatization of the oil and other shit she and her husband were involved with the political elite here).

>reddit spacing
>normie lexicon ("thin skinned little bitch", "poke fun", "manchild", etc.)
leave now.

>The things CNN reports are factual.
Kek

youtu.be/7DcATG9Qy_A

>How do other countries view American news sources, specifically CNN?
The pinnacle of news.

Seriously over here we believe anything CNN tell us too, its because its an international anglo channel. We suck anglo dick.

>Name calling
>Baseless assumptions
>No counterarguement
>Obvious newfag

Leave now.

CNN has been a fucking joke for the past 6 months or more.
Normals are waking up to this every day.

Reminder that CNN is a Democrat sockpuppet.

My parents are pretty bluepilled but even they're fucking tired of CNN. Dad especially hates Van Jones, pretty sure the word nigger has been on his tongue a few times whenever he shows up. I keep telling them to cancel CNN but apparently they do documentaries occasionally that they like so whatever.

This is when I knew CNN was completely gone. Whatever chance it had to live in the era of Trump was no longer possible.

>How do other countries view American news sources, specifically CNN?
Pure cuckery. Al Jazeera is way better.

Over here a lot of the things that normies know about your politics are mostly filtered through mainstream media. Our own media is really cucked, but we see your news for extra cuckage. A media cuckshed inside a cuckshed. Cuckception.

I am surrounded by retards here most of the time. There are a couple friends here and there who followed wikileaks and know better than the retards who say "Droompf bad man Hillary is meant to be madam presentdent" but they are few and far between. But I still have my U.S citizenship from when I came over here so it wouldn't be a big deal for me to move back, which I might just do if things turn out OK.

The only "MSM" I enjoy reading, and don't feel is mostly opinion is Business Insider.

we dont think about it a all.
its not available here

the only time ive ever hheard of cnn was simpsons and this place.
only access i have is when links to car chases are posted here

i have no context for iit at all but from what litte ive picked up from being here CNN is the largest news channel in usa aside from fox and is leftward leaning

probably the closet usa has to bbc

fox is fox

>remember that segment about that syrian that was supposely live in syria back when assad was doing gas attacks
>remember when the russians uploaded the unedited broadcast that was in a CNN sound studio
>remember when cnn was caught red handed creating fake news about gas attcks and was caught by the eussians.

Pepperidge farms remembers, if you get caught fabricating fake news mostly likely your fake news.

the full time news channels available in uk are

BBC BBC parliment SKY NEWS and RT

I have no idea what nbc cnn abc or fox or any other yank channel are other than from this websiite

Other countries don't see the same CNN that Americans see.

there is no cnn in uk

CNN is the news station that's shown in restaurants, airports, doctor's offices, bars, and just about any public place imaginable. I assume your equivalent of it would be the BBC?

Google syrian danny. It was funny CNN gets caught collaborating fake news then russians expose him and the unedited feed.

Weeks later there grilling danny.

Is it still illegal to look at wikileaks? CNN told me it was. Fucking retard.

FNC is centrist to center-right (don't fall for the memes, they're full of liberals to give "balance")

CNN stands for Clinton News Network. They literally hire people like George Stephanopolis who are Clinton flunkies and pretend that's "journalism." Founded by Ted Turner in the early 80s, it's the first 24 hour cable news channel. It's main relevance is that it contracts with hotels, airports, and so on all across the country to FORCE them to play it on public TV sets. Nobody actually watches it by choice.

MSNBC is hard left. It was founded on purpose to be the lefty alternative to FNC. Of course, it fails because the entire rest of the media is already left, so they're competing for the same market share.

The terrestrial networks, ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox get a lot of ignorant viewers, but they generally only have a handful of news programs per night, and then an opinion show on Sunday. Daytime programming, too. They're the worst garbage you can think of, but there's still a lot of idiots who watch.

As for Brit networks, I couldn't care. Got into an argument last semester that some said I "lost" because I told them I didn't know or care about the difference between the Guardian and the Daily Mail (still don't) even though I regularly read articles from them for a foreign perspective. (The argument was over Brexit. Every other person said it was the apocalypse, and I was the only one who argued it was good. I was also the only one who read any Bong media or ever talked to any Bongs, even though it was mainly just you UKIP fags on this board lulz). I think you left out Channel 4, though.

we have 2 national news stations that are 24/7 bbc or sky

sky is fox

bbc is government paid for and independantly monitored

sky is "entertainment" news just like how fox gets away with it

sky news is insanely better than fox in usa though because we have laws about fake news and shit like that but i still see it all as tory right wing propaganda

bbs is teh only news sourse to be trusted here
anyone who says otherwise is a murdochfag

just tell me what percentage of the public CNN has
is it the second biggest news to FOX? bigger?
tell me about the other channels ive heard of like teh one with the coloured tail feathers nbc? or whatever redpill me on usa 24/7 news channels

The real question is whether Donald will be able to hit it hard enough to bring it down

>BBC
>trustworthy

>clinton news netowrk
>had to actually look it up

is there anyone here not a gigantic faggot yank burger who can tell me fucking facts? im not reading this 9/11 apologist garbage you fat fucking retard

>trusting sky

Why did they put trumps hair on the CNN logo? Is it an attempt to gain credibility again?

>sky is "entertainment" news just like how fox gets away with it
No, that's not so. That's an often repeated misconception (read: lie spread by FNC's competitors).

What you're thinking of is AM talk radio, like Rush Limbaugh. Limbaugh's defense when he gets shit wrong and the media tries to come after him is that he's just doing an entertainment show wherein he reads other peoples' news stories, gives his political commentary, and takes callers.

FNC says that they are an actual and legitimate news outlet with prime time programming that is editorial in nature. So they have hard fact based programs during the day, but then at night when anyone is there to watch they change formats to opinion.

Frankly I don't know how any of you have any sense of credibility for BBC, which is literally state propaganda. I can understand not trusting NewsCorp after the phone hacking scandal, but did you see BBC after Charlie Hebdo? They weren't just cowards, they were traitorous cowards. If you survived that with any respect for them, what about their lies on Brexit? They were in the tank against it all the way up to the point of the vote! Indeed, they still shill against it!

CNN (usually) has the lowest ratings of the big three cable news channels but sometimes it jumps up above msnbc. It's considered kind of the default channel though and some people think it's unbiased even though it's clearly not. Because of that you'll see it on in public places sometimes and people will turn it on in a big happening if they don't usually watch news otherwise.

whats msnnbc?

oh no that sucks

That guy is a fucking idiot. Listen to CNN is a legitimate news organization who reports (most of the time) factual news, and when they don't, they correct themselves. Like the poster above said, they have been biased against Trump this cycle, but only because Trump is giving them reason after reason to be biased. Faggots here would be calling them fake news no matter what they did unless they're breaking news headline was "God Emperor Trump Prepares to Ascend to His Throne".

They could be better, yeah. You're BBC is more objective I'd say, but CNN is not glaringly tilted. During most of they're reporting they bring on a panel made of both conservatives and liberals, Trump supporters and not, and give them equal air time to debate. It's ridiculous to call them "Clinton News Network" or "Fake news" or whatever else.

I didn't see any easy charts to just post, maybe they don't publish them any more.

But FNC averaged 2.4 million viewers per night this election cycle, compared to CNN's 1.3 million.

archive.is/3A2I8

For contrast, the US has some 307 million residents as of the 2010 Census (most recent data).

Sup Forums averages about 1 million unique viewers per day.

Sup Forums.org/advertise

do americans have a standards agency like ofcom to indpependantly monitor news channels and make sure they dont just lie?

i know that the laws about it are much more lax in usa than uk but is it completely capatalist trust me because im news or is there someone above them makig sure they dont just out and out lie?

One America News is based

It comes with Comcast cable

All posts with more then one paragraph are shills

who the fuck are FNC now!?

so are msnnbc fox cnn and fnc all news channels?

They tell the poor to hate the middle class who vote for millionaires to be a politicians for trillionaires

Spanish CNÑ is a joke, they enjoy sucking mexico immigrant ass in a daily basis. Wish there were more Centro American based news.

>Government orginization that tells the media what and what not to say

no thanks

The truth is subjective.

No its not

>news based on making money

thats the definition of fake news

Wow, I thought CTR was a meme.

The truth is that CNN was employing Donna Brazile even as she colluded with the Clinton campaign to slander Bernie Sanders and secure the nomination for her. It's not to do with Donald Trump. Anyone old enough to remember them from the 90s knows the ties between CNN and the Clintons are old and well established. Even Wikileaks called them the Clinton News Network.

No, my friends, it is you who are are idiots if you do not see how they have tossed away their reputation in a vain attempt to control public opinion.

Holy fuck there has to be more of these. In starting my own thread for just this template.

wiki leaks work with the russians
not to be trusted
fake news

Not really, no. There's the FCC but that's a government agency and really all they do is decide if you can show tits on TV or say "fuck" on the radio. That's why places like Fox News and MSNBC (the liberal version of Fox) can get away with spewing such bullshit. They may not be outright lying, but they get pretty damn close sometimes.
In the US, you really have to get news from more than one source. Generally even if a relatively centered news source like CNN or NBC reports on something, I try to corroborate it with international news sources and multiple online sources.
Not an argument Trumpcuck.

even the website is different though.

www.cnn.com
edition.cnn.com

Actually, the right for news organizations to publish things they know to be false is well established, and protected by the Constitution of the United States. Now, if they fall into one of the 8 free speech exceptions they can get into trouble, such as publishing libel or slander. But if they just say something false, they don't even necessarily need to issue a retraction. Of course, even when they do the original claim is a headline and the retraction is buried somewhere no one will see it.

The protection against lying from the news media come from the competitors who fact check each other constantly. Whenever one of them publishes something untrue, the other ones jump down their throat. For instance in 2009 or so MSNBC ran video of an "evil racist white gun owner protesting Obamacare because he hates having a black president." It turned out to be an edited black man. FNC jumped down their throat and ran the unedited shots nonstop.

All posts with one sentence are shills. That's how you can spot them.

>eat it up like gospel

Literally the lowest ratings

No, actually, as soon as it was revealed that Donna Brazile was colluding with the Clinton campaign (through Wikileaks, I'll give you that), CNN terminated her position as a correspondent.
I'm curious, are you willfully lying, or just ignorant?

Also, why would CTR still even be here? The election is over and their candidate lost.

thanks, kek.

well I always knew that laws for news were different in usa but yeah i can basically not trust anything from america then at this point. which Iis what i use dto think but wanted to check here

fuck yanks and their entertainment news. I'll just go back to not trusting any of it

FNC is the Fox News Channel.
NewsCorps also runs a sister channel called FBN, but it's on par with the minor cable networks like RT, and the The Blaze.

In the United States, broadcast stations have a callsign. It's a holdover from the early days of federal regulation of radio. So that's why it's called FNC. It's what you think of as Fox. What Fox actually means here is terrestrial Fox affiliates, or the network of those affiliates that provides standardized content for them.

>CNN is probably the best MSM news source in the US.

CNN is liquid retardation, there is
nothing worse on television, it's a parody of a satire of propaganda

I agree. Also worth mentioning their coverage of syrian conflict from the perspective of "moderate rebels". Heart breaking stuff.

>Don't be fooled by Capitalists and their lying facts, comrade. We tell truth.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pravda

thats why fox news and its viwers are such abhorrent mouthbreathers then

the definition of fake news is to listen blindly to unsource biased garbage

Still no answer to syria danny? CNN has been busted multiple times creating fake news. No one cared because muh identity politics.

Now they have a figruehead calling them out for their bullshit. Sad to say but al jeerza with a mix of russia today and a side of good ole internet searchibg is the most truthful you will find these days.

>fake news
Invented by Breitbart......................

Which Russians, exactly?

And why would that be bad?

And do you realize how many others work with the Russians? Huffington Post, Time Magazine, and so on? Like, actual overt working with Russians. To say nothing of RT.

Although CNN is really the "Crappy News Network" in terms of journalistic integrity, rigor, and ethics; the sad thing is CNN is still one of the top 2 global news media, if not the top.

The other is BBC World News

All major British news outlets think its normal that London is an islamic brown city, so maybe don't trust them either

LoL you don't have the first idea of what the FCC does. You should go read a book instead of trusting the lamestream media.

>And why would that be bad?

america needs another nuke

Not a problem, my Brit friend.
And honestly, you're probably better off that way. BBC gets the job done just fine.
It's a tough line to balance between free press and Chinese style propaganda states. Like you said, US news here is about making money. An above poster said the fact checking comes from rival news organizations, and he's right. But you never can truly know.

Globo is a CNN echo with a CIA mandate with a monopoly on our TV

Everyone knows its left leaning BS. But they pretend to be neutral and generaly have been behind all power grabs

Aljazeera has more prestige than cnn

Indeed, why.

CNN's hand was forced. In order to retain any credibility whatsoever they had to cut Brazile off. Even Debby Wasserman-Shultz went down from that fallout. It's somewhat surprising that John Podesta did not. Remember, CNN was still trying to win the election for Clinton in October.

I note you have no problems with the ties of Cooper, Stephanopoulos, and Blitzer to the Clintons.

bad times friend ahead

we are of one soul

I will return

Fox News has Tucker Carlson, who is the only major anchor that comes to mind who has actually shown value as an intellectual with an understanding of social and political trends in the US and Europe. I don't really watch the show and I'm not sure it's something you'd see everyday as they try to make content, but you can see it in his writing and on the Daily Caller.

The channel as a whole is still garbage, but this alone puts Fox head and shoulders over any other major american outlet at the moment

Commie News Network is leftist garbage... stick to drudge or any other right leaning site

iiipercent.blogspot.com/?m=1
drudgereport.com

Must say I feel validated when a Russian agrees with me, when in all fairness, CNN's coverage of election interference has been unfair to Russians.
You didn't ask me about Syria Danny and I don't know what that is. I can bet it's definitely not an argument, however

It's probably wise to never trust any news media at all. You have to understand the industry before you can understand what it's about. But if all you do is believe those who somewhat agree with you, you're going to be just as wrong as those you criticize. Maybe moreso.

>The things CNN reports are factual.
Wrong

One America News is actually good except for the Daily Ledger, Tipping Points actually alright.

Stephanopoulos doesn't work for CNN. I'd like to see proof of Cooper and Blitzer's ties to the Clinton's. Without it, you are fake news.

you kind of sound like a 19 year old

"believing" doesn't come into he picture. there is what happened, and then there are the motivations of people speaking about it.

Interestingly, FNC of course works hard to source everything they publish.

Honestly, every news outlet does the things I said. If anything, FNC is the best of the bunch. But it's interesting how deeply you buy into the memes about them. Who indoctrinated you, user? Did you vote Remain?

I dare to say that CNN En Español is even more garbage than the CNN in English, is as much shitty as RT in Spanish.
Definitely is the last news source I research.

Why? We already have thousands.

Honestly I have no idea what this means, but it sounds foreboding. Good luck friend.

You mean, as soon as there was public backlash about it.

You're acting as if Brazile had no oversight.

>CNN never gave Brazile access to any questions, prep material, attendee list, background information or meetings in advance of a town hall or debate

And yet, she had them. So interedasting.

I cannot imagine living with the kind of IQ needed to be able to watch CNN

Every word, every question asked, is a violent assault on reason

This.

Sup Forums is a far left website. You have all been bamboozled.

Just like with presidents i hate america
anchors mean nothing

who runs the channel and were is the money from? dont talk to me about celebrity shit you fat fucking yank
i dont care who works or represents a company thats not how things work.