FASHWAVE After Dark

G E T C O M F Y

>More than just a mannerist collage of the nostalgic aesthetic belonged to the millennial generation, Fashwave also operates to force classicism free of the post-modernist stranglehold that academic progressives have maintained over it, for a nearly a century. We would be mistaken to claim that the antiquated speculative nature of Fashwave betrays the aesthetic as a thing only predicated on nostalgia. While it might be considered a collage of sorts, stitched together from pieces of 80s and 90s pop-culture; VHS tapes, video game soundtracks, neo-noir landscapes, neon, lasers, synthesizers, streaking brake lights and 8-bit arpeggios—Fashwave only operates modally to subvert the mainstream progressive agenda by way of nostalgic cues to the otherwise uninterested.

>The real strength and fascination of the aesthetic lies in its ability to draw a parallel between anachronistic futurisms; that is to say, what ideals were once held for tomorrow and have since fallen either out of favor, out of fashion, or out of plausibility—and icons of western art now so unpopular in the mainstream circles of acceptable media. Hovercrafts, jetpacks, Bond gadgets, terminator technology, apocalyptic analogues—dreams made into memories.

>By carefully conflating these two ideas we might touch on the birth of a new mannerism: anachronism becomes the mode by which the canon of western thought and artistic enterprise suddenly and altogether vaults over the rhetorical barriers set in place by post-modernism and manned tirelessly by the drones of academia, to re-establishes itself as a countercultural force.

>So it was that Piranesi’s Veduta di Roma series painted an image of Rome so fantastical that Goethe himself—a fan of Piranesi’s work—exclaimed his consuming disappointment upon first visiting the city, for it was less impressive than Piranesi’s drawings had led him to dream.

>Let us continue dreaming.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tsu7wEyiWGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=LR6cjgwt8xc
youtube.com/watch?v=DCLGVUenCeA
youtube.com/watch?v=Ea2kCxCaBh0
youtube.com/watch?v=RngSfNbvKZU
youtube.com/watch?v=oNT7TuNLu08
youtube.com/watch?v=GAx3FnVAOWA
youtube.com/watch?v=ehp9ahkoHlg
youtu.be/huZ-AiY4jnM
youtu.be/NHCgbs3TcYg
docs.google.com/document/d/1DIeovVhwprNb9z4x9Pxiyr84nhouf3mxz3uzDOlARdo/edit
youtube.com/watch?v=s6bh37TC_A0
plaza.one
youtube.com/watch?v=L2QmClRt9AQ
youtube.com/watch?v=T6ng3Ktm8KI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=tsu7wEyiWGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=LR6cjgwt8xc
youtube.com/watch?v=DCLGVUenCeA
youtube.com/watch?v=Ea2kCxCaBh0
youtube.com/watch?v=RngSfNbvKZU
youtube.com/watch?v=oNT7TuNLu08
youtube.com/watch?v=GAx3FnVAOWA
youtube.com/watch?v=ehp9ahkoHlg

Don't forget the music.

Post instructions
Programs
Fonts
Technical tricks

>PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
THE NEON REICH REQUIRES:
>Reaction images
>Consider the following
>smug pepes
>feels / wojacks
>scared
>extreme feels / tears
>melancholy feels
>Not an argument

Things like that. Let's make this happen, goyim! Reaction images are a great way to non shillingly spread the word in an organic way.

ALSO!
>THREAD THEME
youtu.be/huZ-AiY4jnM
>THREAD THEME
youtu.be/huZ-AiY4jnM

Thanks, sorry about that m8

Weird I started listening to this the other day. Now here I am contributing to this very thread with it. If this OC had music, it would sound like Synthwave.

youtu.be/NHCgbs3TcYg

I just know these FASHWAVE threads are the result of Adderall abuse. Have to be.

Also the last of my older OC I'm still willing to post
Because America

also remember to give this a look
[Just make sure not to be a dingus and sign out of your normie gmail before clicking]
docs.google.com/document/d/1DIeovVhwprNb9z4x9Pxiyr84nhouf3mxz3uzDOlARdo/edit

For Belgian user.

Would love to see this one done, sorry about the watermark.

these are pretty kewl

request by canadian in the previous thread.

Tracers outlines showing movement around the figure

Pic related

I was the original poster of the pic, good stuff.

How do you do them?

that's basically it man. synthwave / new retrowave etc. was actually where the fashthetic originated; we just added trump and hitler to it. vaporwave is basically synthwaves sister; fashwave is their son.

thanks

get photoshop, and git gud. wait, no, actually like a few hours of practice and you're gud enough to do fashwave.

Anachronistic futurisms

Most interesting thing I heard all day.

No comment on the music or the politics of it, but some interesting ideas in well-written intro thanks OP.

Thanks user.

Idk I'm a musician kekekekek I'm just looking at the stuff

...maybe

Got this....
Wat do....?

Leave it, could've been cool if you had the 14 words hidden in the image somehow, not too small.

go to 'layers' 'color' and use the 'hue/saturation' box on multiple copies of the same layer, and shift them aside from each other, to get the split-color defocused look.

It'd be cool to fash this art teacher

youtube.com/watch?v=s6bh37TC_A0

Here's that silhouette

Any requests?

>still using memes

Thanks m8
More Trump aesthetic, not mine

This

someone do a trump with the whole "false song of globalism" quote.

On it tomorrow kek

would you be able to fix up this?

All of this, or just the first paragph

honestly ausbro, I like it.

It's your own style, variety is good.

On it tomorrow niggers

Up to you man, do it your way. I like the first part better than the second, but if you want to put the whole thing that's fine, it's stronger that way, but a little wordy, you know?

Aretebro here with fresh OC. What think?

I like

Who /power electronics/ here?

Did you make that? Looks good. put something that's a bit more alt-right on it and it's perfect (normies might not instantly assume that's trump.)

aretebro i love you

I like the VHS elements, the cat not being pink is a bit weird looking, looks like it was done in a hurry, but otherwise I like it a lot.

What do you want to change about it?

Do you want it to be trump related or can it be on anything?

Powerful

>not a fascist
>still want c o m f y
Therefore, I'll contribute with an a e s t h e t i c online radio - plaza.one

Is there another style we could make some of these in? Not to take away from these, just to bleed it into another area?

>Art Nouveau
>Art Deco?

anything Patriotic will do... cheers.
I'm new to photoshop......

Excellent

So, we have a few musicfags, a writefag, and a bunch of people making pictures, I know the whole thing is retro-future/cyber-punk but I am no good with computers, how would you guys feel about some acoustic guitar music? I've been trying to write some stuff recently, why not through some Trump speeches or something on top and call it a song?

Doesn't necessarily have to be trump related, just figured as it's his quote, may as well put him in the picture, but you have artistic license.

Something larger if you need

Do your own style. Variety is good, makes it look less like a vaporwave clone, and more it's own varied set of art. I guess try to keep to the retro-cyber feel a bit though.

Didn't make it, just found it a few months ago on Sup Forums and saved it. It's not even that inflammatory towards liberals but it's in my Neon Nazi folder regardless.

Thanks for catching the cat, didnt realize how shitty my brush was down there, will post fixed version soon as I polish off the next one

Brilliant

don't have to be a fascist bro
just have to love western civilization and want to protect her.

argentine bro already is delving into noir. pic related.

Woah. This is an actual quote from a Trump press release. I thought it Was a Hitler quote jokingly put on a picture of Trump.

I mean this in a good way.

youtube.com/watch?v=L2QmClRt9AQ

Do this one

Make acoustic nationalist songs please

Love it
Rewind is perfect. Evokes a nice feeling and fits the aesthetic well

Experiment, by all means, experiment. Some shit might not pan out but other stuff might. We're not trying to bring back the third reich with neon filters, it's more about a right-wing cultural revival

>love western civilization
That is fascism

Cool twist on that painting

Awesome

>it's more about a right-wing cultural revival
this is a good way to put it.

i condone any and all directions this could go in. i like the art deco or noir myself.

not disagreeing with you here.

We need one of Pewdiepie since he's looking more and more like /ourguy/ by subtly starting to redpill the masses.

I'll try and find a pic if someone will edit

Is this smug enough?

OC for you

F A S H it

>plaza.one
Thanks burgeranon did not know about this.

F R E S H
R
E
S
H

Posting a personal favorite
youtube.com/watch?v=T6ng3Ktm8KI

Holy fuck, this is my new wallpaper wtf this is fucking glorious

Trying to write this song right now I run into the problem I always run into. I put together a little 30 second diddy, then just repeat it. Is that okay to do? I don't know anything about writing music...

Fresh OC

This is incredible, thank you user!

Quick thought--Fucking love this. Can you make the black bar a bit transparent like your other Cole edits were? the hard black line is a bit too stark IMO.

Awesome shit though, dig the way the column drum is slid way off center

this is legit

user that did the other Course of Empire one here
That's quality shit right there. I was hoping some other anons would try something with them. Maybe you could try putting the text bar behind the scanlines too if you can

Great thread OP. I'll be posting some Fashwave stuff.

Hah, I've made a lot of other OC, this was my only Cole edit. We need more Cole edits, though. (It was inspired by the guy making the cole edits).

Here's what you requested with a slightly-transparent bar.

This is awesome

Perfect

Dank shit m8

Also I was thinking it would be neat to make 100% innocent looking pieces of art with the same messages within the ones posted here. Sorta like operation baby.

Noice...