archive.is/nl4Z7
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Extremely_Large_Telescope
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Catholic_cleric-scientists
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissection#Christian_Europe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysenkoism
archive.is/L6ZFv
youtube.com/watch?v=NFPtjXFfczM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is fucking annoying, almost as annoying as linking to Gizmodo, archive that shit you flamin cuck

because people still think 'ooga booga' is a profound statement worthy of praise

Whats wrong with your face mate?

His fedora is missing.

Nothing, why?

People who already don't visit Gizmodo opting not to view it directly are not affecting the site in any way. I really don't like wasting archive.is' precious bandwidth on archiving stupid shit, to be honest.

Other people should start doing this shit.

Here. Fuck, the thing I do for you god damned assholes:

archive.is/nl4Z7

I love you

You look like a randomized Bretonnian male in Oblivion.

>scientists building "research" sites over and under sacred sites
>CERN's got this frigging statue

the hell is going on

take a screenshot, or copy bits of the text you nigger

The Church invented modern science.

He will make a good lady boy

What's the correlation

For fucks sake

>For years, it seemed as if the future of the Thirty Meter Telescope was writ in the stars. The enormous, next-generation observatory would explore the birth of galaxies and seek signs of life on alien worlds from atop the dormant volcano of Mauna Kea, one of the best places on Earth to study the sky.
>But last fall, when the telescope’s leadership quietly announced it had secured a backup site on the Spanish island of La Palma, it became clear there are more things in this life than even the owners of a 100-foot looking glass can predict.
>The TMT might not be built in Hawaii after all—the latest development in a bitter battle over the placement of this larger-than-life machine, whose otherworldly agenda, including catching the first light from the dawn of the universe, comes at a price. To the native Hawaiians who hold Mauna Kea sacred, the 180 foot-tall observatory would be a desecration—which is why they’re opposing it in court.
>The telescope’s fate is expected to be decided in a contested case hearing early this year. If the TMT winds up moving to Spain’s Canary islands, it’d be a major win for the project’s critics, whose opposition to the development of Mauna Kea for astronomy fell on deaf ears for decades. (The mountain’s summit is already home to thirteen world-class observatories.)
>But would moving the TMT be a loss for science? That’s the billion-dollar question facing astronomers, and, as with every facet of the debate surrounding this telescope, there’s no cut-and-dry answer.
>Star-gazing conditions aside, the timing of the telescope’s construction is crucial. Its location could dictate its use in ways that, for better or worse, shape the future of astronomy. Finally, whether the TMT moves or stays put will have ripple effects on the relationship between native Hawaiians and the scientific community.

[cont in next post]

>advanced telescope
>not in low earth orbit
How about no

[cont]

>A $1.4 billion observatory wielding a 98 foot (30 meter)-wide primary mirror, the TMT is a prodigious international collaboration sponsored by Japan, China, the US, Canada, and India, and partially funded by nonprofits, the University of California, and Caltech. Once finished, the observatory will have 12 times resolution of the famous Hubble Space Telescope, with especially good optics in the infrared spectrum used to study faint objects like exoplanets, and to catch redshifted light from the early universe.

And took it away. The church is run by whoever's alive. People change over the centuries. There was a time when the church had more power, and abused it.

>hat would benefit all of humanity

Implication that you have 0 proof for.

James Webb Space Telescope is going to fucking do that, but this will be superior in ground-based telescopes which can be equally as important

These are instruments that last decades. Do people not realize how much information Hubble has given to us already?

Indians are selfish as fuck.

>be gook
>find continent with plenty of land to hunt super animals and grow shit
>land gets cut off from the rest of the world
>Eurasia advances from constant divide and conquer for ten thousand years creating better humans
>meet old world humans and bitch about muh land knowing the competition will come and destroy your hermit lifestyle
>bitch for 500 years

Fuck these people, staying alive through competition advances us like nothing else.

Being a hermit will do nothing more than create a stagnant false world.

>Implication that you have 0 proof for.

A greater understanding of the very reality that we live in surely benefits all of humanity.

Even if it is sacred what fucking harm is building a research institute on it? My backyard is sacred, that won't keep me from digging a well if I find out there is freshwater in the yard.

>A greater understanding of the very reality that we live in
Another one.

Thanks mate. Hopeful the island niggers let it go ahead, a telescope of that size and cost would be wasted on a shitty site.

Space really interests me, hopefully this will open a new door for us. While on the topic, has any progress been made into gravitational wave astronomy?

That's it's goal, every reason fulls under that. A greater understanding of science will always benefit the people in some way. This is a great contribution.

> fedora
Just admit that you don't have any logical argument against atheism because agnostic atheism is the result of applying the scientific method.

Every institution/governmental body that has ever existed has and will abuse power.

Communists in SFRY used this tactic to obscure history that didn't suit their cancerous narrative and agenda.
Nuclear institute was built on the archeological site in Vinča, the oldest civilization on this planet.

>As Kealoha Pisciotta put it, in the eyes of her people Mauna Kea “is not a realm for mankind, but a realm where we go to learn the ways of the heavens.”

>"where we go to learn the ways of the heavens.”

what the fuck do they think those observatories are for??

they are a pile of shitty, attention seeking hypocrites

That doesn't justify the church's past and current actions. The people are casually accepting a lot everytime they practice their beliefs, and I doubt any of them understand the very sacred text that it arises from. People might as well be agnostic if they're going to be so selective, because at that point the religion is thrown out the window.

>where we go to learn the ways of the heavens

Unless they're going up there take peyotes, they really aren't getting the picture here. This is an advanced version of skygazing.

Again you parrot some assumptions as if they are the truth without any proofs.

>Now there's a lengthy court battle over whether or not scientists can build their research-advancing telescope that would benefit all of humanity
How will a telescope help humanity?

This is as bad as the Indians trying to block the oil pipeline in America a month or 2 ago. They said no to the original plan of going over their land for 5 million or so $$ so the oil company moved the plans and the pipe was to go around their land so they threw a hissy fit over no money and it crosses a river and might leak, despite 3 other pipes crossing the river already

They just want attention and gibmedats

he's one of them

>parrot some assumptions as if they are the truth without any proofs

I am basing them on the successes of past telescopes. You walk around this world and you don't think that advances made to reach goals in space exploration hasn't contributed to the technology you take advantage every day?

There is also the benefit of understanding the world we live in. That is a given. There is no reason whatsoever to deny this. How is it not a benefit to understand and observe the world?

Should we ignore the sky altogether? Stick your head in the ground if you really don't like that brain inside of your head, dude.

Well so far telescopes havent had much practical benefit

Yep that oil pipeline and any like it on sacred US land will burn. We aren't your Eskimo niggers and we are in te millions and we will not listen to laws

Telescopes have helped us understand the fundamental workings of the world we live in.

Do you not benefit from science?

>practical benefit

Science is practical. There is no excuse for this amount of stupidity, bud. Hell, astronomy has even contributed to the smartphones in your pocket. People don't suddenly build massive telescopes, it takes a lot of inventing (that eventually is used for other ideas) to get there.

What was learned during the Apollo missions have greatly benefited society for the better. What's not to love?

>Once again religion impedes progress. Fuck theists
These savages are not theists they are more a shower of incoherent noise like atheists.

>shower of incoherent noise like atheists

Lol if you're looking to clump everyone into one category then maybe you belong in a fucking religion.

>Oy goyim spread this meme
>discredit non-theism and turn them towards Judaism:

>all atheists wear fedoras
>all atheists are insulting
>all athesits are smug
>all atheists have the same exact beliefs
>all those who oppose religion are atheists

Next assignment:

>discredit buddhism
>discredit all philosophy
>discredit the idea of neurology and psychiatry
>discredit something meditation
>discredit anti-anxiety

>rocket weapons
>ballistics
>nuclear weapons
>smartphones
>gps

These are all cancer and detrimental to mankind.

have you heard of the high elves?

This is why you eradicate native populations

Then how about:

>greater understanding of physics
>greater understanding of our solar system
>greater understanding of Earth (telescopes can study Earth, you know)
>greater understanding of our sun (solar observation is a field of it's own)
>greater understanding of the universe we live in

Are you fucking kidding?
>Galileo
>Hypatia flayed alive
>Aristotelian cosmology
>hindered human dissection
Modern science came about in spite of the church, especially if the "Church" you refer to has a pope. Shit like the inquisition drove scientific progress north to the more pragmatic Protestant north, there to witness the birth of mathematical physics and calculus with Newton. If things were left to the Church of Rome, the sun would still orbit the Earth and the stars would hang on crystal spheres.

>And took it away
When exactly????

The Church was the biggest patron of science until universities turned secular.

its sacred because they figure if they really want the telescope they can pay to settle the case

What's the point nasa and the moon landing are fake we're going to die on this planet

>Galileo whose writings the Catholic Church ACTUALLY FUCKING PUBLISHED THEMSELVES until he insulted the Pope in an essay so they supported another theory instead that had just as much empirical evidence at the time and in the long run turned out to be as wrong
>Hypatia flayed alive by a street mob over a dancing contest
>hindered human dissection by morally supporting secular laws against fucking grave-robbing that are still enforced

You might as well blame "politics" for hindering science, whatever the fuck that means.

Nobody cares about your shitty 30m telescope, us yuropoors are already building a bigger one

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Extremely_Large_Telescope

>When exactly????
The house arrest of Galileo marked the end of scientific development in southern Europe and the shift north, where critical figures like Newton and Leibniz changed everything.

Also, I'm sure Hypatia enjoyed their "patronage" as she was being flayed alive with razor sharp shells for heresy. Her work on Diophantine equations at the Library of Alexandria in classical times is remembered to this day, as well as her ignominious end brought on by a savage mob of early Christians.

>blame "politics" for hindering science, whatever the fuck that means.
No, idiot, not politics but the backwards control of science by fool popes and their followers. Aristotelian cosmology, i.e. stars hanging on crystal spheres, was integral to Church doctrine and disputed it was heresy. That is not politics, but idiocy forced on science by the fiat of fools.

>The house arrest of Galileo
Which was over politics for calling the Pope an idiot, not for his scientific theories, which the Church published in the first place.

>Hypatia
Oh yeah I'm sure all of the members of that street mob were ordained members of the Inquisition operating under ecumenical authority.

You've either been mislead by fedorist YouTube "history" or you're a fucking liar.

Protestantism way key to the birth of modern science because the pragmatic northern mindset tempered religion with good business sense and reality. Developments like Newtonian physics enabled precision navigation and ultimate world dominance, while Catholic backwaters stagnated.

Natives (and fake "defend Hawaii" natives aka Pinoys and Micronesians) have been bitching about Mauna kea for as long as I can remember. This is not news.

>I'm sure all of the members of that street mob were ordained members of the Inquisition operating under ecumenical authority.
Her death was carried out under the orders of Saint Cyril. That's SAINT Cyril, which doesn't sound like the title of some loser off the street.

Accept the fact, Leaf, that Papist scum were the biggest hindrance to science the world has ever known. Protestants were pretty fucking chill, on the whole, and gave us key developments in science.

The sun isn't the center of the universe. Galileo was just as wrong as Aristotle. Of course the church had no way of knowing the truth because BOTH theories were matters of speculation at the time. The church just decided to throw its weight behind Aristotelian cosmology and imprison Galileo because Galileo had called the Pope an idiot. The Church originally published his theory of heliocentrism. It has nothing to do with religion, or science, and everything to do with politics. The Conflict Thesis is bullshit made up by liars such as yourself as a POLITICAL cudgel. Actual history, that is, THE TRUTH, is a little more nuanced. You're just as bad as the guy who handed down the sentence to Galileo. Now stop watching Cosmos, fuck off, and go read a book.

Wow he was sainted while he was still alive???? 2kool

>Wow he was sainted while he was still alive???? 2kool
His title was Bishop of Alexandria. Who knew that Bishops were really riff raff living in the gutter, waiting to riot and kill?

Yeah, I'm sure if all these guys

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Catholic_cleric-scientists

were wiped from history that modern science would still exist.

Give me a fucking break.

I'm Baptist. I'm not even Catholic. I'm just so fucking sick of you gaytheists spewing this bullshit. I had to sit through dozens of classes teaching this shit Conflict Thesis in my undergrad. Guess what my degree is and what I do in academia by the way.

You listed three instances of "Christianity standing in the way of science" and ALL THREE are bullshit.

Here's the one on autopsies:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissection#Christian_Europe

Compare that to ALL the patronage that the church has given to science over the centuries. Christianity CREATED modern science.

ATHEISM HAS DONE NOTHING

So if an officially atheist government ever, say, banned Darwinism, persecuted Darwinian academicians into silence, and supported an alternate, incorrect theory of evolution instead, would that mean that atheism has stood in the way of science in all places at all times? Could we then use that as evidence that atheism and science are in fundamental conflict and one must be destroyed for the other to exist?

Oh wait that really fucking happened.

Are these the brothers that saved Europe with a single phone call?

Good luck with answering Conflating benighted Papism with the religious in general is stupid. The religion of Newton or James Clerk Maxwell was integral to their character, but not of the Roman sort of popery that led to shit like Giordano Bruno's burning at the stake.

Even Vesalius' great anatomy, the Fabrica, suffered inaccuracies from the use of animal organs because of religious interference in obtaining bodies.

Ladies and gentlemen, I hereby present to you evidence that atheism is anti-Science!!!!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysenkoism

No, it has nothing to do with politics! Atheism is the reason!

By the way it's hilarious that these stalwart atheist scientists outlawed Darwinism because they didn't like Mendelian inheritance for political reasons. Mendel, the grandfather of genetics, was a Roman Catholic monk.

so much this

>Good luck with answering

Okay...

>bishop bans Jews dancing
>Jews get pissed off and violently attack Christians
>bishop orders their property confiscated
>this pisses off the prefect
>prefect refuses to mend things with Bishop
>bishop has absolutely nothing to do with what happens next, let alone "ORDERING" it to happen (fucking LIAR)
>mob of Christians forms and kills the prefects daughter

OKAY. So here we have the Bishop NOT ordering any violent action. The mob NOT killing the woman for her science, but for politics.

FUCK

OFF

Leaf, you've apparently been partaking of too much of a certain leaf yourself as you are utterly deluded.

Also, none of those catholics you enumerated were key to modern science. Key ideas like axiomatic geometry were laid down already by Greeks like Euclid, and we would have arrive at modern science even earlier without the hindrance of the Church of Rome. Newton alone is greater than everyone on your list, and a non Catholic to boot. Newton was religious, you fucking imbecile, and I have no issue with that.

>Posting a Dunmer
GET OUT.

Science is shit and those people's religion is more important.

Leaf here also is, by implication, against this telescope on religious grounds. Religion is great for science, apparently, so we should leave sacred grounds alone and all benefit from said piety. Sounds like a plan to me.

Nothing can impede progress, even science. Just accept that this is an okay thing already.

Says a frog posting on the Internet with a computer. Say, is that computer of yours powered by spirits and controlled by a Ouija board, by any chance?

is it really science if your not allowed to ask questions?

Way to be a rabbid retard who cannot even read his own language

But the fact of the matter regarding your post is that both computers and the internet were harmful to.society and do not have any benefit exept to encourage laziness and depravation.

All quite irrelevant

SJW controlled contemporary science has that problem. Just dare to scientifically question the connection between race and intelligence and see what happens. James "DNA" Watson was kicked out of Cold Spring Harbor lab for saying Africa's future was dismal because of low IQ...imagine the chance the average scientist stands in a PC world.

Choose your question wisely.

FUCK THE THALMOR
SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS

The Bogpill just registered.

If those scientists are so smart, why don't they declare the telescope as sacred?

And the Papist Leaf disappears. Must have been to big a bong hit between confession and Rosary ("Baptist", suuuuuuuuuure).

As a Native American we shouldn't
They are stopping human progress because muh trees
Fuck off we need jobs and fracking will do that.

>Understanding the world is irrelevant to humans

No. That is backwards.

Does this mean that if kekism declares the internet sacred, the government will fuck off?

No, the Catholic church as an organization is different than the entirety of politics.

ASTEROID MINING!

This is the future.

archive.is/L6ZFv

Without space exploration, we wouldn't have any of that going on.

Is that research important at all?

>Which was over politics for calling the Pope an idiot

The Church has been against the free expression of speech and religion for a long time. That alone should be enough for anyone.

Are you a hapa?

Science is a liar sometimes!
youtube.com/watch?v=NFPtjXFfczM [3:18 minutes]

Edgy atheist tweens need to be gassed.

Your arrogant stupidity and general lack of education makes you top cringe.

You'll find out one day... and you better hope it's before you're burning in Hell.

>This is not news.

Not if you're clumping it all into one event. This is recent. A recent telescope. Recent court case. This is significant as well. This would settle everything.

>Edgy atheist tweens need to be gassed.

You really fell for the meme.

This
Fuck off, Poindexter.
Space travel is a colossal waste of money and people like you need to hang.

Go be a fucking kike somewhere else. I don't want to pay thousands of dollars in taxes just so the kikes can pit a nigger or coal burning whore on Mars.

This has absolutely zero impact on humanity, you fucking cuck.

Kys.

What if they wanted to build a research center in Golgotha for example? Would you all be saying the same things you are saying now?

This telescope is a waste of money.
It will do nothing to better life for anyone, in fact it will only make life worse.

That money would do better things if it were back in my pocket.

You big government asslickers need to hang.

>Space travel is a colossal waste of money and people like you need to hang.
>This has absolutely zero impact on humanity, you fucking cuck.

How does understanding the world we live in not benefit humanity? The very technology you're using can be credited to the advances made at NASA. It is so horribly underfunded that it's hardly a "waste of money", especially betas and traitorous cowards like yourself. People like you need to be lined up and shot. The very notion of our country degenerating into complacent morons is due to little faggots like yourself.

If Donald Trump was like Park Geun-hye, I doubt you would see this many people protesting.

No. Not unless a violent nigger is shot do you people give a shit about anything. And here you are crying about money being wasted on understanding our very world that we credit our existence towards. Lol, why? Be honest.

>What if they wanted to build a research center in Golgotha for example? Would you all be saying the same things you are saying now?
There's a lot of interesting stuff over there. The natives just care about the mountain, even though ironically the goal of these scientists is essentially the same. Looking to the heavens.

I remember when I was 12.

In about 18 years when you're broke, blacked, and some kike is making you pay for your coal burning ex wife's bimonthly pedicures, you'll understand that you're a fucking idiot, a useful idiot to the kike materialism machine.

The only thing you can be sure of is the fact that you know nothing.

>That money would do better things if it were back in my pocket.
The money would just go to buy Rastus a bucket of KFC and a 40 of King Cobra anyways if not spent on this, not in your pocket.

Succombing to a mainstream religion, and doing so selectively (picking and choosing what to believe out of your own sacred texts) is the epitome of being a useful idiot to the kike materialism machine. Children think like this. It's time to accept your own failures, buddy.