So how long till human can store their consciousness into a robot?

so how long till human can store their consciousness into a robot?

>I will be the first one to volunteer, I want to be my own waifu

sciencealert.com/a-new-start-up-wants-to-transfer-your-consciousness-to-an-artificial-body-so-you-can-live-forever

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_in_a_vat
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1 million year

>so how long till human can store their consciousness into a robot?

a long time, Poles however can have their minds uploaded to a standard graphing calculator

pls japan, i will be your perfect waifu..

Is that what we can transfer ourselves into?

D-does this mean I really can become the little girl?

Sure, I think my Casio still has some space left

>a new start up
s t o p p e d r e a d i n g t h e r e

nice quads, master...

>I want to be my own waifu

kek

she is pretty, what should my pronoun be?

It puts the powder on the latex, or else it gets the hose again.

nigga how do you know they won't just deactivate and delete your ass after they've harvested your body to keep these crusty NWO types alive a bit longer? Or even worse imprison your "consciousness" in a literal hell from which you'd never escape? Never trust this shit my dude, it reeks of untold horrors yet to come.

A problem with this is that you'd be the only one to know if it's the real you or just a duplicate of you. Nobody else would be able to tell the difference.

Also imagine being stuck in an electronic state where you can't ever move or "end it" if you wanted it. Sounds like fucking hell

>wanting this to happen

>store

So you mean stunting any further growth in terms of life experience...

Being in the state of Groundhog day doesn't seem to be good.

This so much.

>What began as a conflict over the transfer of consciousness from flesh to machines escalated into a war which has decimated a million worlds.
Hell yeah!

I guarantee this will never happen or be possible. And data gatherers better have this post if it ever comes true or goes horribly wrong

>transfer your consciousness
Yes, that's exactly what I want
Make an exact copy of me, that will totally make me live longer, right?

Srsly, either the process kills you and the equivalent of a copy is produced or there is an extra copy lying around when you die.

The self is an unbroken chain of memories. Making a copy of the chain doesn't alter the chain.

>Srsly, either the process kills you and the equivalent of a copy is produced or there is an extra copy lying around when you die.

How selfish are you to not let your copy live in a kick-ass robot body?

Impossible. Maybe if they put your Literal brain inside of it, but as far as computers are concerned, there is no such thing as transferring. You copy something. You never move it.

That would mean that the real you died and the copied you would live on.

Thanks but no thanks.

believing consciousness can be transferred is as retarded as niggers and Indians who thought having your picture taken was capturing your soul.

you will die, just like you were destined to, and a robot with kike'd up coding will execute actions based loosely on a snapshot of your mind, but with a robot identity that works to oppress your actual genetic children.

We still dont know how the brain works and how our persobality and concious thought is produced.

We kbow about neurons and all that shit and we know a brain is a supercomputer and a network. Bit whatmakes us what we are is unknown.
Our eyes process something like 200-300gb data in a second.
You would need a really good computer for that.

all that would accomplish is make a copy of yourself, just have kids instead, close enough

But that's Thailand

>born too late to explore the earth
>born too early to explore the galaxy

>born just in time to have your brain uploaded into an android so you can live forever

This timeline is best timeline.

>consciousness uploaded to a robot
>it's a sex doll
>gets sold to a greasy far weeaboo
Jews win again

unless you literally mean a brain in a jar inside a robot? never ever

also it's far more likely to have a breakthrough in gene therapy treatments that give you extended life than your brain working inside a robot

>make several hundred copies of myself
>some of those copies will then make their own several hundred
>this keeps going onto infinity
>the probability that I'm not a copy approaches zero
>proceed to rape the nearest lady next to me because I'm not real anyway

>tfw you will never be your own waifu in this lifetime

But you'd be programmed to enjoy it, so you wouldn't know the difference.

>copy your mind onto a computer
>realise it's actually just a copy of you and not actually you.

>consciousness uploaded to a robot
>it's an industrial paint mixer
>forced labor for eternity

Everyone in this topic who denies Mind Uploading sounds a like an actual autist. Straw-man arguments and fictitious statements based on absolutely nothing else than your imagination. Not to mention how many assumptions you're making with every sentence.

Will sex robots have STIs?

>brain gets uploaded
>uploaded to a toilet
>sent to india
>be worshipped

Genesis 3:4
>And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

Nanocells slowly exchanging themselves with your existing neurocells during regeneration process would remove that problem with the broken chain of memories since the nanocells would get imputs from the rest of the brain filling in the gaps. Would probably take a while

>brain gets uploaded
>it gets uploaded to a police droid
>Still get shot by niggers and the neighbors still claim he dindu nuffin.

Even if this became a reality, it would just be a copy of your consciousness and you would still cease to exist when you die.

Oh god SOMA touched on this so fucking well. What a great and shitty game at the same time. I don't even reccomend playing it, just go watch a YouTuber who isn't a jumpscare faggot and actually really explores the game and the terminals. The true horror in the game is the topic of this thread, not the shitty monsters. Seriously, anyone interested in shit like this, take the 2 or 3 days to watch a good playthrough. You won't be dissapointed.

This would kinda be the way to go as far as "uploading" goes without creating a copy. But then why not just make the biological cells immortal i mean were alot closer to that than making nanocells that can slowly replace the organic ones

It will happen sooner than people think.
It's like the smartphones and the internet.
Most people never saw them coming.
All you really need for the development frenzy to start is a high-resolution & bi-directional neuron-computer interface

I would not be surprised if it happens in the next 40-50 years.

t. wouldbe-bioelectronics-engineer

Ship of Theseus

Start with a brain and a computer.
Connect with bi-directional IO and single neuron resolution.
Begin neocortex/hippocampus/etc simulations on computer.
Brain integrates simulations into it's normal function over time.
Slowly begin to destroy neurons in the organic brain.
Brain compensates using simulated portions.
Slowly shift into being an artificial being.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_in_a_vat

Oh fuck no, I played Soma, I ain't doing that shit again.

>how long till human can store their consciousness into a robot
i can already do this
get on my level pollack

>I'm too attached to my conciseness
Get a load of these faggots.
Probably too afraid to step through transporters, or go to sleep because muh consciousness.

You can't save consciousness, fucking nitwit.

This would be like literal teleportation

I could email myself to a robot me half way across the world

How can "you" live forever through this process?

The dude in the computer would be a copy of you. Not you.

Your consciousness isn't some separate object that you can just transfer over into something else. It arises from the physical structure of your brain, kind of like how multiple grains of sand make a pile. You can't just take away the concept of a pile while leaving the individual grains behind. The two are one and the same.

atleast one guy here is not mentally challenged.
gj finland.

Like the 'you' is a copy from the you when you were 5? No. It will still be 'you', just in a different state.

Sounds like (((Kurzwell))) Singularity is Near.