How does space exploration help humanity?

How does space exploration help humanity?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_spin-off_technologies
youtube.com/watch?v=PtBy_ppG4hY
youtube.com/watch?v=9AEMKudv5p0
youtube.com/watch?v=YH3c1QZzRK4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Many of the modern technologies you enjoy were invented out of necessity for either aviation or spaceflight. It also stokes the imagination of promising minds that contribute or work in high technology. Another reason is that we explorers, and we should never stop. Confining ourselves to this one fragile rock hurtling through space is imprudent.

Space exploration can lead to many useful things.

For example we can get ressources from Asteroids once we have a cheap connection to space.

Also we could use the Helium 3 on the moon. We could actually place a sun shade at the earth sun lagrange point and shade specifiy parts.

We could manipulate the weather perfectly on earth. By putting temporary shade on some parts of the earth because weather is basically 100% dependant on the sun.

We could colonize Mars and terraform it so we would have two planets to inhabit and our economy would grow several times over.

At our current level space exploration is more reasearch but we do not spend much on it and it could lead to great things.

If we've got established civilizations on more than one planet, we become one really fucking hard species to make extinct.

Because living on a planet(any planet) will not work in the long run. We need to be a space pod living civilization if we are to survive as long as possible.

Nothing works in the long run. Eventually the universe will collapse. That's why all this aspie race shit is cope. We are all dead in the long term.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that lunar Helium-3 mining is incredibly inefficient. Something about dredging up thousands of tonnes of regolith for a minute amount of treatable Helium.

It would actually be easier to synthesise it here on Earth.

Gets us closer to physically removing ourselves from shitskins

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_spin-off_technologies

Helium 3 has no use yet which makes it super profitable. We would need to wait for fusion reactors. But we would want to replace normal nuclear reactors with fusion reactors. So we would not have a place where we can produce it. Also we would need way more of it than now. Now ofcourse its not financially logical. But with a cheaper rocket system and robots farming the moon it would be significantly cheaper. Now we have many nuclear reactors so its not a big deal to synthesize it here. But in a fusion future it would pay off.

Nasas budget is laughably small. Iraq war was 2.4 Trillion. This would be enough to fund Nasa for 250 years.

If all white people moved to Mars then Earth could be a paradise free from intolerance and inequality.

>give inadequate funding to the poor
Done and done

Exit plan when inevitable planetary destruction occurs.

Are those all launchpads? I always figured it was just one or two that NASA had.

How does war help humanity?

Helium-3 fusion is only one aspect of an energy production field that is quickly branching off into alternative designs. What that means is that Helium-3 might not even be used if/once a viable form of fusion power is developed.

As much as I would love to see those huge rover-diggers from the film Moon, it's simply not going to pay off in the long-run no matter what kind of robot and rocket technology we have in the future. As it stands, we can ALREADY synthesise more Helium-3 than would be available if we mined the moon for it.

A better source of Helium-3 which would be more profitable and abundant would have to do with dredging Saturn's atmosphere, which is rich in it.

>Many of the modern technologies you enjoy
How does enjoyment help humanity?

At least it helps humans. Giving gibs to niggers and sandniggers only helps subhumans at the cost of hurting humanity as a whole.

Exploration just helps us explore other worlds, and I don't think that's a bad thing.

Exploration for the sake of colonization does not help us. No matter where we go next (if we ever do) all of our problems will still follow us. As much as people want to talk about us as "evolving" humans have literally remained the same throughout all of recorded history. there is still rape, poverty, war, corruption, sexual degeneracy, drug use, willful drunkenness, etc. what makes us think those things will just disappear if we all live on Mars? Our sins will still follow us.

That's assuming we can even terraform a planet successfully. I worked at a restaurant in the cape where Space X launches its rockets and those engineers would come in on launch days. I asked them about terraforming. They said it would easily take 200 years minimum to do it, and that is with technology that is still 100's of year out. Even then, they were highly skeptical of its practicality and whether or not it's possible.

People we say we have an "instinct" to save our species. But do we really?

Wendelstein 7-X is one of our few hopes of sustainable fusion, they were able to create the required magnetic field hopefully its energy positive too

>Nasas budget is laughably small. Iraq war was 2.4 Trillion. This would be enough to fund Nasa for 250 years.

I just did the maths. Iraq cost 1.7 trillion and could have funded NASA for 94 years.

Still though...

Nope.
Notice they're all different.
Different types for different needs.

Small ones could launch unmanned satellites, for example.

So every ideology can habit their own planet, and anyone who doesn't like it can settle somewhere else.

were going to send the liberals to space so the world is finnaly free

user, hopefully we'll be able to find other planets which are habitable and we can fuck off from all this degeneracy on this planet.

Terraforming as a concept is still overwhelmingly science fiction. The reason why Space X employees would even discuss it with you is because most rocket engineers are huge nerds themselves and are romantic about its possibility and place in the advanced future.

Contained space and surface habitats are going to be the way to go for at least a hundred years of our future.

I just went by the google numbers which told me 2.4 Trillion (US Dollar) and I think Nasa gets around 10 Billion. Well doesnt matter we could easily double or triple Nasa funding without breaking the bank and make things like Mars Base and Asteroid Mining a reality in the next century.

So whites can escape the planet once shitskins take over

If we understood the universe more maybe we wouldn't be so fucking retarded as a species.

fuk u

if you can't google shit like this you don't deserve to be alive

All of our eggs are in one basket. If a meteor wipes out earth like the dinosaurs or maybe even worse like a black hole, thats it for humanity or at least this group of humans. If we colonized other planets we could possibly withstand an extinction event.

it helps us get rid of excess money so that we don't have to spend it on gibsmedats for niggers

youtube.com/watch?v=PtBy_ppG4hY

It makes productive people not want to kill themselves.

You mean escape and genocide this planet, leaving the infrastructure and everything intact which we build so once we return everything belongs to us?

one day we will send all the jews to a gas giant, or venus

It doesn't.
Huge waste of money.
Aliens are fake and gay.
Star Trek is part of the homosexual agenda.

fuck man, keep your nihilism somewhere else

It is incredibly retarded to try to venture into space, with so many problems we haven't solved on this planet like hunger, poverty, pollution etc.
The only reason space exploration is being funded is because rich people are afraid of natural disasters and they want to have a planet to escape to in case some shit happens.

youtube.com/watch?v=9AEMKudv5p0

We could, but we got Moloch worshipping/baby diddling assholes in office trying to take over the world

>It is incredibly retarded to try to venture into space, with so many problems we haven't solved on this planet like hunger, poverty, pollution etc.
Eat shit and die

>Eat shit and die
Don't impose lithuanian hunger solving tactics on me please.

fuck you the rest of the world can starve to death for all I care
and for your argument what >THERE ARE PROBLEMS WE MUST SOLVE HERE
well maybe going to space will help us solve those problems? Maybe there are other problems that have to be fixed by going to space?

It's cool and stuff

with this logic might as well kill myself right now

As I said it only solves rich people problems. Also, rich people are the only ones who can afford to go to space.

Disappointing really.

So what happens if Rich people find a way to escape? They'd probably die shortly after bad shit hits the earth.

your problem you were born a poor fucker
maybe your parents should'nt have been retarded to fuck to give you birth

>I think human consciousness, is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware, nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself, we are creatures that should not exist by natural law. We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self; an accretion of sensory, experience and feeling, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody is nobody. Maybe the honorable thing for our species to do is deny our programming, stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction, one last midnight - brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.

well, Elon Musk wants to colonize Mars. He think theoretically, humans could survive there.

Throwing money at things doesn't necessarily speed up development

We could call it the white planet and coalburning would only happen as a means to add CO2 to the atmosphere

Not at this rate it isnt.

For space travel to be succesfull you need a global goverment and a population that fully supports the idea.
That means no 3rd and 2nd world countries, no religion and no ethnic fights.
And that means the only way to reach that goal is a nuclear war and genocide of hard coded religious population (arabs, niggers ect.)
As long as 1 group thinks that a other group has to gove something to them the whole idea wont work.

Our covilisation is doomed either way and the decay is faster than our technological progress. Soon ots gonna be all wars and space travel will be put off for a couple of hundred years.

It'll be expensive. That means niggers can't go. That means space will be free of niggers. That means I want to go to space.

We could also survive in Antarctica or in the middle of the Sahara desert, but no one wants to live in those wastelands. What kind of life would that be?

>implying you wont invite them over so they can rape your women

1. We could find resources
2. Eventually the Earth will be uninhabitable
3. It's the most humane way to leave lower humans to rot on Earth, short of genocide, and still exclude them from your superior nation's gene pool

Let me dream.

>civilization falls back into the dark ages.

you don't actually think the Asians are going to stay behind either, right?

It's a natural form of eugenics

The only people intelligent enough to operate in a rocket are going to be the top 1% of the global IQ. Unless we invent easy space travel, then we're fucked

How does anything help humanity?

Elon Musk isn't going to colonize shit. Why do people like Elon Musk so much? because they are edgy? You realize that Elon Musk is just a poster boy for his company right, and doesn't actually engineer or build anything.

>Elon Musk is going to make self-driving cars!!!
>Elon Musk is going to make inter-state monorails!!
>Elon Musk is going to make carbon emissions dissapear!!
>Elon Musk is going to make a colony on Mars!!!

if you take away his government loans, like Trump is going to, he won't even be able to afford his mortgage

/thread

fucking idiots

So what if those 'rich' people you speak of reach Mars? How the fuck are they going to survive without wageslaves to do the work?

Meanwhile thousands of years ago.

>"How does ocean exploration help humanity"

It would be exotic. With the advancement of technology we could have a decent settlement on mars. Something like Total Recall.

>dyson
>sphere

That's how we get space cred with the aliums

>wants to colonize another planet
>only 25% of earth is inhabited by humans

so you're telling me you'd rather skip underwater cities, colonizing Antarctica, underground civilizations, floating cities and go straight to some edgy space-base bio-dome instead of focusing your short life on something feasible?

you realize that this generation will never be technologically advanced enough to live in space.... right? You'll die before that happens

I'm only interested in one of those things.

Why not do both?
It's not like there's a lack of wasteful programs to cut funding from and at the same time, space and underwater colonisation are both going to be requiring much of the same tech anyhow.

actually, USA is going to be cutting a lot of wasteful programs 2017 like obamacare and defunding E.P.A

NEO FASCISTS
WITH A MIX OF CYBERPUNK AND
NAZI FASHION

AS WE TRAVERSE INTO THE STARS.

Nothing like wasting money that could be used to propel humanity into the stars on Shaboomboom and Shananaquiqui's 12 butt dumplings.

Money is just as real as we are, we spend every day chasing existence. Everything is based on faith. That is why I can't help but laugh at the world and be entertained by it to not feel so black pilled at everything because it isn't real. Things only are or aren't, but I do believe in maintaining morale values despite all of this because it is what separates us from chaos.

If you can survive on space you can survive on earth. We need new challenges to solve the problems on earth people aren't motivated to solve.

By lifting our spirit. You don't have to be materialistic about everything. Exploration and expansion is in our blood. It's our essence. We've been expanding and conquering since the dawn of mankind. Materialistic and sedentary life can't fulfill us. Once all of the Earth is conquered, where to go next? To the space. There is no other choice. Space exploration is the ultimate adventure.
Also, it's cool as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=YH3c1QZzRK4

You should unless you are good looking and have unlimited access to prime pussy.

Im not good looking and too pussy to end it so I just NEET and cope with hobbies.

>"we need mo money fo dem programz" the post

4th Reich to colonize Alpha Centauri.
In the name of the Emperor let none survive.

It helps white people get away from niggers

We can't do it any time soon because it will just get ruined by liberals and niggers and women

>You'll die before that happens

and what ? that never stopped scientists to make great dicovery little by little. they never saw the big picture, put they worked hard nonetheless. even now, we know nothing, and we have a lot to do.

I just want humanity to spread in space.

Agreed. Maybe we missed the best window for further space exploration back in the 60s/70s when von Braun was still alive and wanted to go to Mars. I'm not sure if we'll ever accomplish anything truly great with the current affirmative action mindset.

>t. Earthcuck

In theory it's the only way to achieve infinite economic growth: gain access to the infinite resources of space.

Seeing the path we're taking on privacy and culture, I pray to god we fail to get into space before cheap energy runs out.

>Maybe we missed the best window for further space exploration

I think not, I have the impression that space exploration is sexier than ever. It's fucking slow, but hopefully it will attract more and more people.
I mean, Astronomy and Space are really humbling. questions like the one in OP are to be answered.

It just shows the ignorance of the public, and I'm glad this thread got attention.

>I pray to god we fail to get into space before cheap energy runs out.

what do you mean ? We would have more motivation to go there if the other ressources were exhausted ?

>technological innovation
>unimaginable amount of new resources
>increased living space
these things are kind of important you know

Most technologies that are developed for space exploration lead to improvements for peoples daily lives when adapted to everyday use.

Space is not real goyim

If we get resources for space, we're basically set for energy forever, but it'll take some forward planning because it might mean building infrastructure before it's economic, depending which resources we run low on first.

But I can imagine a future where a mixed-race humanity has no privacy thanks to constant surveillance (both from Facebook/Google type companies and from the state), completely degenerated culture, etc. In that case, I hope it doesn't go to space because when resources on earth run out, the electricity and other components necessary for the mass-surveillance devices will also run out. Also local cultures would redevelop as global communication networks fell.

Basically I would rather we die human on earth than go forward into space as something awful. But if we can solve our cultural, social, racial, etc problems on earth then we should rush for space.

>for
should be "from"

underwater cities, pls user that's some 1980's tier futurology there. However in answer to your question, of course FTL travel won't be achieved in our lifetimes if at all, but it'd be great to imagine leaving this planet with all the degenerates behind and colonising a planet with like minded people just like how the USA was settled with religious colonists who wanted out of their societies in the 17th century.

We have to give geeky virgins who look at planets something to do before they shoot up America.

so we can meet some qt alien girls

>I can imagine a future where a mixed-race humanity has no privacy thanks to constant surveillance (both from Facebook/Google type companies and from the state)
Your point of view may be a little too focused on surveillance, but I understand from where you're coming.

>I would rather we die human on earth than go forward into space as something awful
I think that surveillance is very human, because we have a tendency to control everything, to be safe and to protect your loved ones.

In Doctor Who, the doctor talk about how humanity would be a cancer to space, beause we would consume everything. So maybe we are already something awful. Simply not ready as a species.

>if we can solve our cultural, social, racial, etc problems on earth then we should rush for space.
Agreed. But I think Space exploration is an answer to that. I mean, ISS is the first time major powers ganged up to solve major scientific mysteries.

A war at this point could be excellent, from the technology point of view. (take the WW2 and the breakthrough in aviation.).

Think of Earth as your computer's hard drive.

Think of a space colony, Mars, the moon, whatever, as an external hard drive.

What happens when your hard drive fucks up and you don't have everything saved onto your external hard drive?

>you lose everything

>How does Earth exploration help humanity?

#ColumbusGoHome

Mr. Trump can collect space shekels to improve the American economy