Why do Baby Boomers feel entitled to social security payments?

I just read a few comments on social media by some baby boomers giving advice to someone who graduated in the top 10% of his class from a reputable engineering program.

Now I have no way to verify this kid's credentials but what struck me is how similar the arguments they were throwing at the kid were to the arguments they were throwing at liberal arts graduates only 10 years ago: "You shouldn't feel so entitled to a job. This is such a spoiled generation. You should have picked a different major with safer job prospects. You should have known this could happen to the oil prices!"

I still remember only 3-4 years ago how uni graduates were being criticised for Not moving to the Alberta oil fields and now only a few years later they're being criticised for getting a degree in chemical engineering.

One question that hasn't been asked enough is why do these boomers feel so entitled to social security payments and a stable retirement? Besides, who do these Boomers think is going to pay into their social security ponzi scheme?

>"But, but, I paid into the system, man. The system owes me!"

Yeah and this kid paid into the education system and now he has a mountain of nondischargeable student debt which he owes to a bunch of faceless school administrators.

One thing's for certain, it's going to be interesting which ponzi scheme implodes first, the education system or social security

zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-21/baby-boomers-increasingly-having-social-security-checks-garnished-cover-student-loan

youtube.com/watch?v=kXpwAOHJsxg

youtube.com/watch?v=6mxWv5QNbQc

>Leaf
>bootyblasted he made a poor education investment
>wants to steal from his parents after they spent their whole lives working
figures

>american
>obnoxiously hating on everything while failing to acknowledge their own shitty country's shortcomings
Figures

They mistakenly believe in a just world because it was unfair in their favor. Self aggrandizing is much more appealing than acknowledging that you've destroyed your own society.

I partly agree with him.

I have no problem paying into retirement systems WHEN I get my cut (assuming I dont die first lol).

But being told I have to pay into SS and my states retirement fund when neither one is expected to last until my retirement? Thats bullshit, and ironically is the exact opposite of your whining post lol

>German
figures

I have 2 sisters who are a year or so away from college, and everyone is pushing that all they need is a degree, and it doesn't mater what it is. I am tring to push back but I already see that I am just one voice in a sea of boomers.

Boomers ruined the world.
Legally, culturally, ecologically, politically, economically, socially.
Future generations have it worse and are worse for them.

And as a reward for their great legacy they expect to to be taken care of.

Because admitting they were wrong would make them lose face.

Boomer offspring, the millenials, have the same DNA as their parents. This means that if boomers were in our shoes they would be doomed to fail as well. So it is really funny to be told that we are "lazy"... I've graduated from an engineering school as well, boomers would come in and give speeches about how they passed their classes with D's (D for degree) and still got a sweet engineering job at the end of the deal.

Complain that you are struggling to find a job and they will all pile on you, and the funniest part is that overtime their excuses get more absurd.

>maybe you should have gotten a 3.0 GPA
>3 years later: maybe you should have gotten a 4.0 GPA. If you got less then you are a loser.
>3 years later: you need to get a masters minimum to get hired.

It is funny all the excuses they throw at you after creating a myth that engineering = easy jobs.

>your grades are not high enough you slacker! It is not as if engineering is tough.
>your you didn't take any internships
>you didn't take any free internships
>well maybe you should have had a 4.0 GPA to take that free internship.
>you should have networked user! It is not like your entire class is trying to network too.
>are you willing to move user? Ignore the fact that companies want you to be local so you have to move and look for jobs rather than the other way around.
the worst one:
>you should have spent some time slacking off in engineering clubs, competitions, and extracurricular activities to show them that you are really (((passionate))).

Later it becomes:
>Take any job you can get

Boomers are scum. Now we have an entire generation that is saddled with debt, which prevents us from opening new businesses as opposed to the scam that is modern education. Can't even declare bankruptcy.

Boomer hate thread?

social security is a ponzi scheme

You just have to show them posts of engineers struggling to find jobs. How them the unemployment rate for engineers in Australia.

Show them posts of people that now make 100 without a degree.

You have to save them.

The best thing we can do is go into sales and rip off senile boomers with no consious.

I don't understand why I have to pay into a ponzi scheme (pension) when the chance of me receiving the same before I die is 0%.

All of this. Especially piled up with the bullshit they feed you in college about your demand and expected salary broken down by major so people that are trying to calculate how much debt they could reasonably take on are being completely lied to. My ex thought she was going to make like 60-90 out of school as a mudlogger with a b.s. in geology and a b.a. In Spanish because that was normal 10 years ago. Took on 40~k I'm debt. She graduated and went back to waitessing and now works at a fucking preschool.

I graduated and worked a bunch of shit jobs and now work as a test engineer but holy fucking shit it took forever to get here

Get me hired as a test engineer and I will pay you 10k if I last for a year.

I want a burger now

Why cant I just take the money I am paying into social security and just give it directly to my grandparents?

>That pic
Holy shit thaT PISSES ME OF

>in school
>if you work hard now life after school will be smooth sailing!
>work hard, get into uni
>IF you work hard and make some connections life after uni will be smooth sailing!
>work hard, get a job on of the "best places to work" in my field
>If you work hard during your 3 year training phase to impress the managers, the rest of your time in the company will buy smooth sailing!
>Work hard, get an office and permanent job at company
>If you work hard now, then you will be promoted to a manager when one finally dies even though an opening only happen one in 10 years

ho;y shit, when does the smooth sailing start you faggots? congratulations, you successfully trolled me into wasting 9 years of my life working hard for a reward that never fucking comes.

Since then ive quit and started my own busseness that has nothing to do with my previous job or degree and im making more with way less stress, the only stitty thing is knowing I could have done this a decade ago and skiped over the useless shit.

Well, they p-p-paid for it! It isn't an entitlement. It's an obligation. America has to pay it back!

I am really really thankful most every single adult over 50 that I am personally associated has pleasantly resigned themselves that SS is going belly up before they can collect, and for those who are collecting, it's seen as a "might as well while it's still there", but are already assuming it won't be there next month.

The few I do are naturally the most obnoxious liberals you can imagine. These people are going to be fucking crushed when their god "Government" naturally fails them.

what sort of business do you do?
startup costs?

Anyone ever tell you about the banker and the fisherman?

Basically, an investment banker happens across a lone fisherman, asks how long it took to receive the day's catch. "only a little while".

The banker questions what the fisherman does with the rest of his time

Sleep late, fuck off, play guitar, your mom, etc.

The banker suggests staying out longer, to catch more. Sell the surplus, eventually buying a bigger boat, rinse repeat until you have a fishing empire in maybe 15-20 years.

The fisherman now puzzled asked why he would do that.

The banker replies, thats the best part! You can retire and move to quiet fishing village, spending the rest of your life sleeping late, fucking off, playing guitar, or fucking me mum.

Because that would imply a family unit.

Children helping their parents and grandparents directly? Unthinkable.

Parents actually engage with the child to make sure they succeed because their own future well being is at risk? Say it isn't so! Better to have kids go around and pick shit majors like women studies.

Why is retirement even a thing anyway?

This, fucking this.

Doing IT and writing programs and apps for farmers. Most farmers dont even use basic shit like excel, and commercial farming software in SA is shit. Almost no startup cost.

I hate this story, one of my professors always told it, the problem I have is that the retired guy can
>move to other pond when bored with current one
>aford to not fish if he doesnt want to
>doesnt have to worry about medical bills if he gets sick

The work hard, and it will be smooth sailing!

An engineering degree will eventually payoff. Everyone expects to much instant gratification.

Boomers are filth but they've won so bad. Largely because of gen x and y haughtiness and wilful ignorance.

Whilst they were parading around like they were king shit fucking around, acting like they knew it all because muh leftist politics and muh Hollywood life, boomers were voting themselves fuck tonnes of cash.

>Doesn´t finish the story.
Yes it´s implied heavily but if user hasn´t heard it before? Just lazy posting.

I'm curious to know as well.

It could be something really simple too. An engineer in /biz/ opened up a janitorial contracting business and claimed to make something like 135/hr in gov contracts .

You just have to keep the parasites (your bosses) from getting a huge cut of your wages. Really that simple.

Don't forget it was boomers that voted Trump and Brexit. It's gen y that want to shoot themselves in the foot. Just beat the complete fuck out of them.

Fucking this.

It was never meant to be a sole source of income for retirement, but here we are. Government is a cancer that needs to get its incompetent hands off my money.

worse than social security is their attitude towards medicare
it's around 14% of the budget now and growing, even if you accept their claim that they're entitled to SS boomers will still fucking murder any politician that talks about cutting medicare
medicare in many ways is worse too as it's taxing poorer young wage earners to pay for the healthcare of richer old people
I mean the one benefit of being young is that you don't spend so much money on healthcare but nope, the boomers have to have their shit paid for

it's bad in conservative US circles too as they will talk all day long about how food stamps and Obamaphones are breaking the budget while medicare grows another percent