How can we fix Japanese politics when their writing system is so fucking retarded?

How can we fix Japanese politics when their writing system is so fucking retarded?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Z3BYCK-3jPc
djt.neocities.org/guide.html
youtu.be/X6jKMXtUgL8?t=66
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I saw this thread a month ago. Inb4 not all characters there are Japanese or something.

It's not that bad if they remove kanji

Even tho i did manage to simplify their alphabet completely becuase i must pull a Vuk Karadzic for every language

heck, i did it for english as well

Prevailing thought among historians is that chink runes not lending themselves to the printing press is a large part of why China was eclipsed by The West.
There's no fixing English, the Normans ruined everything.

not having kanji would make it much more to difficult to distinguish between words that sound the same (which there are a ton of in moon, because the language has very few sounds)

t.moonrune learner

It's a pain in the arse to read without kanji. Kanji is still a shit but I don't see an alternative. Even if they dropped kana entirely there's 2 common romaji systems used and one of them doesn't work with English phonetics yet that's the one they're taught in elementary school. Nihonshiki, the shitty one, is officially taught yet hebonshiki is used for official documents. To make life even worse nihonshiki is only accepted it elementary school. Once they hit junior high they get marked wrong for using it in English class.

For example, the verb "Kaeru" (かえる) can mean a gorillion different things, and kanji becomes the only way to differentiate between them. (in speech you'd have to rely on context instead obv..)

You should focus on getting a job instead of obsessing over your gooks all day. You don't wanna end up like this obese loser and his proxy.

If the US could make Turkey drop arabic and adopt the Latin alphabet, why can't it make Japan do it?

Language stays the same, but the alphabet changes.

every aspect of their culture is superior especially writing

newspapers would be 150 pages

this too, hiragana takes a ton of space, and no spaces means that you might not even know where words start and end all the time. The mix of hiragana, katakana and kanji is crucial for this.

t.bh
read this post

Only brainlets complain about kanji.

Really, that writing system is what keeps Muslims and David-kuns away. Maybe you should use it too.

It's not actually that bad, but it does need some work. Now that Japan is no longer under the prevailing rule of multiple different factions it would be good to streamline the writing system.

Hiragana was simple to learn but it won't work with every single word as many have multiple meanings. Don't get me started with numbers though, they fucking suck in Kanji.

The various flavours of arabic runes seem significantly harder to me than kanji.

How do you tell the difference between words when you're speaking?

whats wrong with the numbers.

>Russia
How do you?

Context, same as with English homophones. Like if someone says they'll be back in 10 minutes they're obviously using "kaeru" as to return not "kaeru" as frog.

easy, because like the other user said, kaeru - for example, means frog. but kaeru also means 'home' or 'house'.

you wouldn't say "hey i have to leave, i'm going frog now". the way the word is used in the context is what differentiates what it is.

pic related, rare ancient japanese pepe

These are all the same word in different forms though. It's actually more straightforward than English where "go" has about as many meanings but all of them are just "go".

What's the problem with using context while reading in all-kana?

all-kana takes up much more space than mixing in kanji.

>What's the problem with using context while reading in all-kana?

Tree-frog and Tree-house type problems I expect. With context being easier to lose, and the possibility of a sentence comprised entirely of characters with ambiguity.

In English for example "The woman named river turned into the bank." where your first thought may be of a river bank and not a financial institution.

weebs must be purged

Actually all these words convey like 100 different meaning, like so mean "someone who runs away", "to elope", etc. So a single word can convey a lot of context on its own

If you can't learn Kanji on your own, you're just plain dumb.

>見る、作る、行く、来る
>みる、つくる、いく、くる
???

You can fix that. I mean, even Gooks manage somehow.

Japan has a super high bar for letting foreigners stay, so there isnt much to be fixed. They can run their country as they see fit.

I'm not even saying its hard, I'm American, not Japanese. I don't know very much but Japanese posters are often unresponsive, so I gave it a shot.

Context wasn't my argument. My issue is there's no spacing and the space used. Imagine English with no spaces between words and less punctuation. Sure you can read it but it's a pain in the arse.

Their older writing system was even more retarded. They used chinese characters based on meaning for roots and random characters read based on approximation of the chinese pronunciation for particles and conjugations.

What a fucking abomination.

Those are only a few examples of verbs with two or three syllables. Obviously in longer sentences it would get worse as the kana started piling on.

hence why the population is going down dramatically. open borders for Japan when.

>what are participles, infinitives, etc.
>what are cases
>what is person

There can be two parts usually the number itself which is no issue, and then an additional "tsu" marker from hiragana at the end will indicate it is for item determination rather than enumeration. But you don't pronounce a number 1 "Ichi" and then "Tsu when paired. when they are paired it becomes "Shitotsu" and I have yet to understand why unless I was being taught wrong.

The most obvious issue with logographic writing systems is that because there is no connection between the word and the written character, it does a terrible job at representing speech. The characters represent ideas indipendently which is why it was possible for Japan to adopt China's writing system to begin with. If you were to write a sentence in Japanese using Kanji, and gave it five different people to read out loud, they would all understand the meaning, but it's possible the words they use when reading out loud might vary. The purpose of a writing system is to accurately transcribe speech. If it fails to do that, then it is shit.

this is true. onyomi and kunyomi readings are still prevalent today though.one kanji alone can mean 4 or more different things. this is because all kanji came from china, japanese did now have a written language before that. so they literally cherry picked what alot of the symbols should mean. thats why chinese can't read japanese, none of it means the same thing, despite they are using the same characters in kanji.

>open borders for Japan when
never
youtu.be/Z3BYCK-3jPc

Jappos writing system is so shitty they have a separate alphabet for foreign words. How dumb can you get?

shiiieeeet how many cases does Russian have?

I thought Latin was manageable but this is impossible senpai

Yours are worse tho.
Should have just stick with Chinese.

they had 3 separate alphabet for centuries though

what's wrong with all these ppl learning japanesse?

japan doesn't fucking want you, you're not only migrants but disgusting neets obsesed with waifus

dude what are you talking about. the -tsu suffix isn't used whatsoever on modern numbers. they only appear on the ancient version.

ichi, ni san, shi/yon, go, roku, nana/shichi, hachi, kyuu, juu. thats 1=10. what you're talking about is the older version that's hitotsu, futatsu, mittsu, yotsu, itsutsu, muttsu, nanatsu, yatsu, kokonotsu, tou.

no one uses that version anywhere. you definitely learned the oldschool version.

Russian has six main cases apparently, just like Latin. And both languages have declensions for nouns and adjectives

Short words like this are something like 80% of usable vocabulary. Then there are particles and conjugations which are something like another 80% of every sentence, especially in keigo. Even then there are common words that millenials are too lazy to write in kanji like きれい、いい or うるさい. Like, what's the point anymore? Plus you can actually make kana fonts smaller because you don't need to decipher small ass radicals.

Just use spaces. You already have 2 sounds for every character.

>.t 2 months into Japanesepod101

fixed that for you.

>none of it means the same thing
How about you study some Japanese before you start talking out your ass.

Isn't it hitotsu? ”ひとす”

What's wrong with all these spics coming into America? We don't fucking want you, you're not only immigrants but disgusting dirt gobblers. You smell of garbage 24/7

The general counter is hitotsu you retard. Round things are ikko, long thing ippon, animals ippiki, etc.

Our writing system is so easy to learn the popular saying is that even a woman can learn it. We only use hanja for abbreviations or context like in news programs. Meanwhile Jappos and Weeaboos are circlejerk ing over bring able to recognize obscure characters.

Their language is so hard because it helps keep immigrants out.

Kanji makes sentences a lot more legible in the long run if you take the time to learn it. More often than not, seeing the kanji helps to quickly get an idea of what a sentence means even before having read it out loud or in your head.

only two characters there are Japanese. Dog and Fat (Top Right, and second from top left)

all kanji do not mean the same thing globally between japanese and chinese. i explained why. please fuck off.

>You already have 2 sounds for every character.
Wat? Kanji have more than two readings in most cases and not all kana have tenten modifiers. The H series has 3 readings with modifiers. ぱばは

their language helps protect against immigrants desu

That's what I'm saying, you have to use Chinese because your half-assed language aren't sophisticated enough. You abolished the Chinese and made your own but you just made a mess, your language couldn't even function without Chinese, especially in science, literature and law related documents.

Meanwhile, the Jap took Chinese characters and just uses them. Much smarter if you ask me.

ITT: weebs on proxies with no JLPT levels tell other weebs about the Japanese language.

this is why Japan hates you fuckers.

>no one uses that version anywhere
yes, they do. they are both used.

Fun fact: The pi maru (circle) was invented by the Portugese because the Japanese used b and p interchangably representing both sounds with '' and just 'knew' which was which. The portugese were confused though and introduced the maru to make things easier.

Might as well draw a picture before every sentence.

I mean every kana syllable has 2 sounds for one character except vowels and n so you don't need 9 characters to write yomigaeru even if you drop the kanji.
Honestly I've learnt kanji long ago so it doesn't bother me that much, it's just autism speaks.

no they're not. go to japan some time. hitotsu version is not used in daily speech for numbers, ever.

go watch a japanese commercial on youtube. watch a random japanese game show clip. come back and tell me that prices and phone numbers are spoken in old style. they simply are not.

>one kanji alone can mean 4 or more different things
Uh, the exact same thing applies to Chinese han zi. Oftentimes those multiple definitions carry over to Japanese, too. The thing is, kanji can be read in more ways than one when you attach another character or okurigana to it, and in those cases the meaning of most words changes between Chinese and Japanese. But when it comes to singular characters, about 60-70% of han zi and kanji have the same basic lexical meaning, even though most nouns in common use in both languages are comprised of at least two characters so as to avoid too much ambiguity.

W series doesnt. Nor does Y series.

Now they do it with v/b instead.

Yeah Hitotsu, I still fuck it up, because it's a different word from the original, so it gets hard for me to remember.

It's a counter not a straight number. As in "can i have 3 of those". Mitsu or the relevant counter would be used.

How far are you on Anki? It gets a lot easier after the "numbers stage".

I can agree
Their cartels leave Isis as amateurs

sorry but spain couldn't civilize these savages

i'm not here to give you japanese language lesson. but you are clearly a beginner, full of shit, and on a proxy. it's almost 8 am in Japan. the fuck are you doing sitting around on here.

you would never use oldstyle to describe multiples of anything. you would use tachi to imply a group of something. the world of japanese language learning is difficult enough without idiots like you telling people retarded shit like what you're saying.

you are not japanese. you are not in japan. you have no basic grasp of the language, usages, inflections, or otherwise. for fucks sake you can't even use numbers correctly. just go fap to more pvc figurines and get lost.

Whatever helps you sleep m8

Oh,not very, but I know that things become much more understandable as I have seen with the mild amounts of exposure. The Enumeration I can understand fine as well, it's just when they start combining numbers to other words is when things get fucked.

I'm not going for an N1, just some basic vocabulary so that I can hold a conversation while traveling.

>W series doesnt.
Does anyone even use it?
>Nor does Y series.
Even with current fonts
じょ takes less space than
じお
and you could make it even more compact.

How can we fix Chinese politics when their writing system is so fucking retarded?
ftfy
If you think Japanese writing is fucking retarded take a look at Chinese

>remove kanji
>suddenly it's nearly impossible to read
Great job.

ひとつ

They can't. The pain of having the last name Wood and living in Japan for 5 years. They thought to say my name properly, instead of saying Uddo, they needed to drag out the U so it was uuuudddoo.

They can't say any W sound except for 'wa', they can approximate 'wi, weh, wo' but never wu.

I just wanna learn to read it so I can get into more dank VNs. Someone direct a 24 year old NEET to the best way to read moonrunes.

Just like we don't pronounce '11' as 'oneone' or '1st' as 'onest'. We do the same thing just at a smaller scale.

djt.neocities.org/guide.html

also djt threads on Sup Forums and /jp/

seems legit. not like you didnt just copy and paste that into photoshop just now from elsewhere, considering the file creation date was the same minute you posted that and is completely stripped of exif data. nice try proxyfag. and thats a tokyo train. looks like the JR. surely you can't be telling us that people in tokyo use old style numbers. top fucking kek.

The thing that really fucks me is switching words at 10,000. Instead of juusen it's man then niman, sanman, hyakuman, etc. I usually have to write out numbers at that point

>prices and phone numbers
1tsu, 2tsu, etc. are counters. Why would they say numbers in counters? It's like saying 111 as "single-single-single". Here: youtu.be/X6jKMXtUgL8?t=66
>残り三つ
>three left

could you write this up somewhere and post it very interested.

The only justification for this statement is kanji clarifying context, but they they re-use the same kanji a million times and rely on clarification by overall context, so you are over-reacting.

no dummy, you use -ban for number counting.

i.e. ichiban means literally No. 1. niban, sanban, etc etc etc

you dont go to a japanese mcdonalds and say "yes i'ld like the hitotsu meal item" thats just retarded. when asked what number, you would reply ichi or ichiban, respectively.

this is just more modern style. maybe whatever antiquated books you are learning from are teaching you otherwise, or maybe you are learning old world country style. but modern japanese does not work the way you guys are saying it does.

silly gaijin, the only word there is the one in the second row, 3 column from the left

犬 = dog, same meaning in both CN and JP

the rest are not words

JLPT2 Japanese learner here

I can barely carry a simple conversation in Japanese and even I know you're full of shit.

You're literally ken-sama. A retarded fucking weeaboo who thinks he knows Japanese because he's watched a thousand animes.

Counters are an elementary fucking part of the language and not knowing the ""old"" number system will fuck you over within a week.

i do know the old numbering system as i have already shown. i didn't say it's not essential, i said it's not common and is antiquated in modern speech. these tards are using them imroperly and either learning or being taught the wrong way.

if you're jlpt2 then you would know this, what the fuck.

You use different counters for different objects.

Numbers, machines, people, cylindrical objects, etc...

also, jlpt2 and can't into casual convo? the fuck have you been doing the whole time? burning yourself out on just learning grade school kanji and not learning any grammar or sentence structure? the fuck are you talking about, you should be conversational level already.

I'm pretty sure he's just baiting at this point

yes, thats why tardo and proxyboy over there mention nothing of it, and want to convince the class here that hitotsu style is a. commonly used b. used to count everything and 3. representative of all numerical structure. this is patently false and i have been explaining the entire time.

They should just stick with hiragana and katakana.

but then again it does help keep the foreigners from assimilating easilly.