What's stopping some maniac from just strapping a bomb onto a drone and using it at the inauguration ?

What's stopping some maniac from just strapping a bomb onto a drone and using it at the inauguration ?

How do we protect against this ? Seems like terrorist would try and do it.

Should we do back ground checks for drones ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4SIBDyRhm3k
youtube.com/watch?v=qhS_rpcET64
youtu.be/9F34GDVrVXw
youtu.be/VAKIY-MesoQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what's to stop someone from transforming into a giant monster and stepping on the city?

What's to stop someone from using their penis as a sniper rifle?

youtube.com/watch?v=4SIBDyRhm3k

What's to stop someone from taking a giant poop on the audience so that donald trump infects himself with a disease?

Anti drone guns. I doubt you could get a drone near god emperor Trump. Kek protect the Donald

im kinda supprised none of the other posters take this question seriously. we must have some sort of defense. a mix of snipers and battle drones(like kamikaze drones that explode after contact with enemy drone) maybe?

Whats to stop someone from pouring maple syrup on the inauguration?

Specifically: radio and other frequency band monitoring and jamming as well as physical detection and neutralization via advanced weapons systems.

Generally: there's nothing you can do to become 100% safe against attacks. The race between offensive and defensive systems and tactics is going to favor the lone wolf with a basement full of gadgets, even though the state has nearly unlimited funds and personnel to try to defend against them.

kek, if someone is dead serious to do this, they will do this, there is literally no defense against a well thought through plan.

Whats to stop some maniac from letting Trump win at his inauguration?

defence*

There are counter drones that have netting and the FBI also has remote control jamming transmitters.

> T. Government Contractor

>What's stopping some maniac from just strapping a bomb onto a drone and using it at the inauguration ?
Nothing

YOU FUCKING MADMAN DON'T DO IT

youtube.com/watch?v=qhS_rpcET64

thank you grammar dane

Terrorist aren't smart enough.

Fuck if they where smart enough they could do damage , i've often had talks with my friends about this.

Whats stopping a terrorist organization putting a bomb in a drone and then going to a sadium filled with people and blowing their faces off.

10.000/50.000 easy mode

As a drone operator i can tell drones will never be an issue with public safety. The signal coming from an nbc or fox news uplink will totally fuckup rc control. Gps are blocked from from going near special events (dji geofence) and to rely on an aftermarket flight controller would be retarded and innacurate (your bomb drops on crowd) these gps are accurate to feet and meters

When Obama came to Seattle I heard stories about how people's cellphones not functioning when the motorcade went by. I'm guessing this same signal blocker could also block someones ability to pilot a drone.

As much as id like to see trump blow up they have these now...

I'd imagine they will use some kind of ecm

And if that doesn't work, the secret service can always shotgun the damn thing. And they might need to if cnn and national guard drones are exempt from those restrictions.

isn't there going to be secret service snipers on every rooftop? good luck getting the drone airborn before it's shot down

d-fens*

Here is the real reason: There are no terrorists.

What stopped you from doing it during Obama's inaugration?

What's stopping aussies from unleashing a mob of emus upon protesters and letting them go to town?

This though.

fpbp

>rabbit dildo, warhammer 40k version

Whats stopping some maniac from strapping a bomb to a drone and flying it into anything?

What's a maniac from inauguration using a stopping drone at the strapping bomb and just some it onto a?

Come at me bro

No-fly zones are probably a few miles from the site.

You think security is just going to be around Trump.

Sandniggers don't know how to fly anything that isn't a plane into towers

snipers
a gun
anything that shoots a projectile

Another situation

>Terrorists get fleet of drones
>Attach go pros for piloting and bombs
>go outside of a football or sports stadium with an open roof
>simply fly the bomb drones into the seats

Fuck drones scare me.

In any high-threat environment, there is the security that you see, and the security that you don't see. At this level, there is almost certainly some sort of contingency plan to deal with this, designed by serious experts.

i would imagine that the secret service has their own drone in the air equipped with countermeasures. also radar, snipers, etc
dont you think that if a retard like yourself can think of this, others would think it as well?

Dam this be good terriost wepon

this. If a drone gets near Trump it will be taken down.

>What's stopping some maniac from just strapping a bomb onto a drone and using it at the inauguration ?

UK had to deal with this with the IRA in the 70s/80s.

They tried to develop radio controlled helicopters/cars and shit. Almost every remote IRA bomb from the mid 70s was triggered with model airplane transmitters/servos.........the police even had to monitor the purchase of that shit at model shops in Belfast and stuff like that.

The Brits started using radio jammers and it stopped a lot of bombs going off in major populated areas and events etc.

Because Rough Men Stand Ready to Do Violence

All you need to do is use a Freq Jammer like the military does in Iraq (to stop phone based IED detonations)

radio frequency jamming dummie! sad!

most "drones" cannot carry much weight. they have fairly limited range. they'd also be incredibly easy to shoot down.

youtu.be/9F34GDVrVXw

Secret service isn't great. Didn't they let some guy climb the white house fence and run in? They turned off some alarms they weren't supposed to? Even complete nobodies tricked/crashed their way into a white house party.

theyre not hard to shoot down goy

you's need a shotgun but if the drone was fast moving it would be impossible

Dronefags btfo

Nothing desu. Don't know much about bomb-making myself, but I built myself a quadcopter just the other week with some plastic sheet and some parts I got off of amazon. If some pleb like me can do it, any determined terrorist could fuck shit up.

nobody tell this antifa fascist how they'll stop him. let him get caught. let him rot in prison.

What's stopping someone from projecting themselves onto the astral plane and then frying Donald Trump's brain frequency and turning him into a vegetable?

hahaha
DONT BREAK MY IMERSION REEEE

this lad knows wats up

kek that literally happened to me a few months ago. Splashdrone auto crashtackled by a fucking whitebreasted sea eagle

maybe if the terrorists were white, shitskins cant manage technology above battery make spark

OR if you need bit stealth

youtu.be/VAKIY-MesoQ

Only ourselves

no quadcopter is fast enough not to be blown out of the sky by someone even remotely skilled

It's a math question.
Your typical drone can barely hold a go pro, the cheap ones have a shitty internal camera that's all, most of them have next to zero range an are hardly controllable.
Above applys to the entire $60-2000 toy drone range with a shitty RC or controlled from your tablet...

Now you got the real drones costing $2k+ with a payload in the 500g-1kg range that require a expensive RC like a good model airplane....

Under the best conditions you get 700g of C4 plus the detonator etc on it...
So that's about $6k on a small boom.

You could also steal a car and jack it up with with 500kg of cheap home brew explosive and get better results and it won't get knocked down by a slight turbulence.

>How do we protect against this ?
Spark gap generator. Easy to make.

Generally the payload and range of any commercially available and affordable drone isn't large enough to carry a payload worthy of being a serious threat. They're slow, loud, and incredibly obvious.

You need military grade explosives to make a small enough detonator to really do some damage.

Libby McLibbenstein isn't going to be getting hold of any C4 and a drone with a 2 mile range. That would be a military operation.

Most small drones have a payload measured in grams. There are anti-drone rifles.

>lets 3d print a drone to inject a meme virus into the body politic

thats fucking hilarious good on him.

you could build a quad with decent lift capabilities and an fpv setup (makes it much easier to fly) for a few hundred dollars.

Do stadiums often have snipers and lookouts ready to fire?

Lets say it happens in USA , maybe some law abbiting citizen gonna pull his gun and shot the damn thing.

The explosive charge will fall and still explode doing damage.

But imagine you are in Barcelona , bringing the drone down won't dezactivate the explosive.

Most commercial drones abide by federal aviation standards, meaning that they won't even power on if you're at an airport or any other area that's a certain class of airspace.

All they have to do is broadcast the signal that shuts those down. Wouldn't stop a homemade drone though.

>Thumbnail of video
A weapon to surpass metal gear...

You would only have to change the emmiter and receiver. Wouldn't you? or do they have other ways to be turned off

You still get almost zero payload or its so large you could as well try to hide a fucking apache.

>his countries Air Force doesnt have trained birds of prey

Explain you're selves

Probably have a bunch of WW1 vets at the ready with their trusty Winchester 1897 shotguns to take care of the aerial threats.

It's a gun that shoots 'OFF'

>yfw for the next 8 years every public appearance Trump makes he is wreathed in a security detail of 100 highly trained anti-drone eagles

Forget drones.

What is stopping someone from building a basic mortar and dropping indirect fire on the podium?

>Wouldn't stop a homemade drone though.
A jammer would
Unless you programmed it for independent fly
Not impossible but it would be a nightmare

What's to stop some maniac from funding that by proxy: $300,000 for a swarm (hard to get all of them at once, tricky even) of 50 explosive drones flying full speed.

That is peanuts to Soros, he dropped 6 million on CTR online trolling.

Not sure, but I assume most have a governor baked into the control board for the unit, so no simple swap outs.

>Flock of Eagles - I Ran (for President and won)

What's to stop the crowd from having a giant orgy?

They're not really that fast to be threat. I'm sure the best marksmen will out that day.

rc hobbiest here. People are far too obsessed with multirotors. A plane like this could carry as much as a large multirotor and could fly in to target in FPV silently via gliding

Our Air Force is using trained falcons to keep birds away from airports during migration months and so there are no accidents by flocks getting to the engine of the planes I guess we are not the only ones
And the principle is the same

>How do we protect against this ?
Have you never shot skeet?

Mortars are incredibly complex to make. Both the the equipment and ammo have to be precise or you will kill yourself.

Odds of someone making a mortar is horrible. It is far more likely that someone would steal one from a military base.

That would be pretty hardcore way to assassinate people. I always thought about it when I was a Charley.

You mean gojira

Pence is a titan shifter.

>lies
don't tell that to the FSA.
google "hell cannon"

>It's like the bats from batman begins

>I would like to-
>*BANG*
>-thank the American people for-
>*BANG*
>-honouring me with-
>PULL!
>*BANG*

Drones aren't legal to fly any time in DC. Anyone flying them would get in big time trouble.

Did you ever watch something like drone racing?
Once there are a few drones in close proximity they will collide sooner or later. You can't fly a swarm of highly fragile aircrafts like quad copters close to each other even under perfect absolute zero wind conditions or they're so slow they're literally sitting ducks.