FASHWAVE GENERAL: IT'S MIDNIGHT SOMEWHERE EDITION

It's that time of the night, folks. Get comfy and get fashy.

More than just a mannerist collage of the nostalgic aesthetic belonged to the millennial generation, Fashwave also operates to force classicism free of the post-modernist stranglehold that academic progressives have maintained over it, for a nearly a century. We would be mistaken to claim that the antiquated speculative nature of Fashwave betrays the aesthetic as a thing only predicated on nostalgia. While it might be considered a collage of sorts, stitched together from pieces of 80s and 90s pop-culture; VHS tapes, video game soundtracks, neo-noir landscapes, neon, lasers, synthesizers, streaking brake lights and 8-bit arpeggios—Fashwave only operates modally to subvert the mainstream progressive agenda by way of nostalgic cues to the otherwise uninterested.

The real strength and fascination of the aesthetic lies in its ability to draw a parallel between anachronistic futurisms; that is to say, what ideals were once held for tomorrow and have since fallen either out of favor, out of fashion, or out of plausibility—and icons of western art now so unpopular in the mainstream circles of acceptable media. Hovercrafts, jetpacks, Bond gadgets, terminator technology, apocalyptic analogues—dreams made into memories.

By carefully conflating these two ideas we might touch on the birth of a new mannerism: anachronism becomes the mode by which the canon of western thought and artistic enterprise suddenly and altogether vaults over the rhetorical barriers set in place by post-modernism and manned tirelessly by the drones of academia, to re-establishes itself as a countercultural force.

So it was that Piranesi’s Veduta di Roma series painted an image of Rome so fantastical that Goethe himself—a fan of Piranesi’s work—exclaimed his consuming disappointment upon first visiting the city, for it was less impressive than Piranesi’s drawings had led him to dream.

>Let us continue dreaming.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LR6cjgwt8xc
youtube.com/watch?v=Ea2kCxCaBh0
youtube.com/watch?v=qeMFqkcPYcg
mobile.digitalartsonline.co.uk/tutorials/photoshop/lens-flare-reborn/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you wanna create your own FASHWAVE pictures here you have a guide

bump

bamp

Woah, what's going on? Yesterday these threads were hitting bump limit, today I had to search the catalog to find it.

Anyone have any right-wing/fascist music that isn't electronic or metal?

youtube.com/watch?v=LR6cjgwt8xc

youtube.com/watch?v=Ea2kCxCaBh0

poo poo pee pee

I like this. The traditionalist sentiment is pretty subtle.

taylor?

That's a statue. Amazing artwork.

>vaporwave memes

i meant the japanese

Wew this is quieter than usual

Thread theme (?): youtube.com/watch?v=qeMFqkcPYcg

I think some of the regulars (myself included) are taking breaks of varying lengths
Still gonna be lurking/saving/bumping/discussing though

i'd do a cool and good music but it'd take like 3 hours and i have finals tomorrow lads

I lurk, busy day on campus. Would definitely be interested in making OC but I'd need a retard-friendly GIMP tutorial.

are you using Adobe After Effects or Photoshop?

You have finals tomorrow? My semester literally started yesterday. What are you talking about?

Also, then make it after you're done with finals.

the way finals are set up in my town is autistic

Those are from the last FASHWAVE post form yesterday :3

Personal favorite.

dank new oc lads pls don't steal

Cyka blyat

I lost my whole wave folder. Does anyone have:

-The statue of David with his eyes mouth and ears covered
-The statue of liberty with "take back our future" written over it

use some lens flare effects if you're creating these on Photoshop
mobile.digitalartsonline.co.uk/tutorials/photoshop/lens-flare-reborn/

do you guys have fascist general discord

Gotta see if I have the other

This one right?

Contributing

Anyone want to take a request? Red knight with glowing eyes, wanted a fashwave avatar

Deus vult

One of my personal favorites

That might have been a bigger file and I accidentally saved it as m.jpg, my bad

Thank you!
It was that picture only no words were written on the tape and he has headphones on

whats the deal with Fashwave, is there an agenda? Seen your threads but haven't really looked into it until now.

nvm just realized the OP was actually describing the thread purpose (I thought it was just some classic quote)

Never saw that version, sorry.

Just wanted to say that I love these threads

Thanks anyway

I like the idea but your aesthetic is derivative, peasant. Your emphasizing the wrong parts of your own movement.

More fash less wave.

thx m8

Aaaaaaaaaw yeeeeeeeah

I've got OC, rate it and give me any critiques you can think of.

Also tried doing something with Gustave Dore earlier today
I might take another shot but I feel the etching style doesn't give it enough boldness/feels rather flat

How about something like "We're strongest together" With an image of war era military parades or something.

That image reminds me of that meme that it gets used for all the time

"Lo, and the angel said unto him 'stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself." But he could not, for the angel was hitting him with his own hands."

Holy shit man I forgot about that one
Also I like the OC you posted prior. Keep it up, it's cool seeing our styles develop through these threads

I like it when it's juxtaposed against the background

Anyone have any pics they want edited?

I do not have time to invest in making these myself, but I notice that there are a few tropes that have become overused. I rather enjoy some of the ones posted here with darker imagery and/or heavily pronounced classical imagery.

man you guys are fuckin good artists. im lovin these threads

how do you make these i want to make one

This:

more hd wall papers please - not too fashy we need to be able to spread this.

this exactly

less purple more antiquity

I'll send this one in on behalf of based Poland.

Anyone have the original 3 images of these?

Was this one of them?

I meant the vanilla ones. But I really like these edits. If you have any more post em pls.

You mean in the Series? The Course of Empire?

Yeah, that's it. Couldn't remember the name. Thanks dude.

I only have that one and the other two in this thread

I just looked up "the course of empire" and discovered Thomas Cole, and realized I accidently used one of his paintings in one of my images:

Sometimes I feel like Sup Forums is at the epicenter of some kind of synchronicity that I can't quite put my finger on.

How about. "Pulse of a folk, will of a nation?"

Thomas Cole is one of the great Romantic artists, IMO.

To degenerate, looks like you're trying to appeal to niggers.

Hey guys, OG RWDS squad. Just dropping in to say i am glad to see our improvements and to see this keep going.

If the threads seem a bit slower than usual it's because i think a few of us are taking a break. I certainly am, my muse has gone for now and i just need to seperate from it for now. But i'll be back soon and more fierce than ever.

Here is a new one by argentinebro

My last advice for now is to try and keep things clean and crisp. Pic related.

This is an example of something simply too messy and distorted. Let's keep it simple.

I posted in a fashwave thread last night. I really think this particular movement because its spontaneously generated and a unique hybrid synthesis of a few different touchstones relevant to Millenials as reality redpills them and they obtain more influence is as critical as ever, this is not only the saving grace of the generation, but western civilization in general.

>We may get a starship troopers timeline out of this
>Dedicated civic nationalists
>The world was saved from the "brink of chaos" by the (((social scientists))
>A future where everyones allegiance is to the fash government which has maintained peace for generations and has expanded into the galaxy
>Normies cant vote unless they earn it

But this thread isnt about starship troopers, its about fashwave and how we can influence the world and history to our will. So what I need from you guys is to think in futurist terms, we need to sell them a future where western civilization is a driving force on the planet once again instead of this globalist fuckhole where the USA wasted 14 trillion dollars.

Sell me the future anons, dumping some futurist imagery for fashoops.

The Future Belongs To You

ITT: Philistines with no taste or an eye for beauty

:sadpepe:

I think we should appeal for the revival of right winged ideologies, many of the images I've seen have nordic/germanic elements, please try to make images that can attract people from other races, for example I would like to use some to attract my fellow mexican folks

Pic related is very appealing to me

idk what text to give it, i just love the statue.

Maybe something that match with what the artist tried to explain with his work