Trump's Secretary of Education pick -- Betsy Devos

During Betsy Devos confirmation speech as Secretary of Education, she said she never went to public school, didn't send her kids to public school, and even said that schools should have guns to protect from grizzly bears.

She stated that teachers are over paid and under worked, when I know several teachers who only make $35,000 - $40,000 a year.

She wants to spend less funding on universities and public schools, when they're all underfunded as it is. There's still asbestos in my old high school's ceilings, and most of the fine arts rooms haven't been renovated since they were built in 1950.

Is this really what who we want governing the welfare of our country's education system?

Other urls found in this thread:

stltoday.com/news/local/metro/gov-greitens-cuts-million-from-missouri-budget-with-higher-education/article_cdbd8a9e-cf32-554f-b17e-210fc6fc0501.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

She's there to destroy Marxist-infiltrated institutions, not to run them

Sounds like a solid choice to me.

Public schools suck ass.

My old highschool decided to spend $140,000 on a new entrance to the football field.

Nevermind that the school needed to bring in crappy trailers to hold the excess classes. A retarded, gaudy stone arch is more important.

Don't even get me started on them busing in "urban youth" and then giving them free lunches.

This. Destruction always comes before creation.

She wants all schools to be private paid for schools, yet it's a civic duty to attend schooling until the age of 16.

What about poorfags who can't pay to send kids to school?

>be my high school
>have a deal with the local stadium to play their football games there
>decide they want to be able to do afternoon games
>demand taxpayer shekels to upgrade the practice field behind the school so they can do this
>unambiguously promise that they won't ever do night games and fuck up traffic around the school during rush hour
>literally the next year they're demanding more shekels to put in lights so they can play night games again
>which they could do at the stadium that the county let them use for free
>act butthurt when told to fuck off

SHE WANTS TO TURN EVERY CHILD IN EDUCATION INTO A LITERAL SUBSIDIARY OF AMWAY! AMWAY IS THE PYRAMID SCHEME HER AND HER FAMILY SHILL FOR!

THIS IS LIKE REAGAN/BUSH ON STERIOIDS!

Sounds great to me.

>private paid for schools,

>private
>paid with tax payer dollars!

Wow that seems fair!

>Sounds great to me.

>when I know several teachers who only make $35,000 - $40,000 a year.
>only make $35,000 - $40,000 a year.
>$35,000 - $40,000 a year.
>only

Source on the $9.5 million number?
Nothing close shows in google, or that it all went to Trump's campaign.

Good, fuck em. They made everyone else pay for healthcare by threat of fines.

>I know several teachers who only make $35,000 - $40,000 a year.

Considering the median household income in the US is right around $50k, those are good numbers especially when you consider teachers really only work just over 50% of the year and get state pension or local pension benefits.

Schools also do not have an underfunding problem, they have a misallocation of funds problem. There are far too many administrators making very good salaries which is cutting into school budgets. Eliminate half of the administrators in the system and you could probably solve 75-80% of the problems.

American's Status: Great Again

Same story when I was in HS. Old school, near decade old computers, old buses and old furniture, our band was running on a spartan budget of a few new instruments a year so everything was always falling apart, yet they somehow found a few million dollars to build a new football stadium (we already had a perfectly good stadium to begin with, but that didn't stop them) all so that our worthless football team could go lose all of their games in it. If taking away their money gives them some humility, sounds good to me.

School teachers are overpaid. They work 9 months out of the year and get paid as much as people who work 12 months.

So this is the power of Trump's swamp draining, huh?

>they have a misallocation of funds problem.

yes thanks to Republican policies.

enjoy your billionaire-club government.

ya i can banter with folks until they bring up the appointees. i have to just shrug and admit im probably being obama'd

Republicans aren't the ones making schools buy smart boards they never, ever use.

Remember when everyone thought Shillary was going to create a plutocracy?

No, due to poor local management. School budgets are locally funded.

Example. Chicago Public Schools has a $1 billion+ sized budget and it gets bigger every year. Yet, they still have to close schools on the south and west sides and still have of the worst outcomes in the country. There is obviously a problem here.

That is a shit wage here for how much is asked of them. My dad was a cps teacher for decades and retired 6 years ago he was making over 60k. He was fortunate and retired with a pension just in time

Then again, the Governor of Missouri, Eric Greitens (R), just passed a bill to decrease school funding by $140,000+, and plans raise that number to $700,000+ by the end of the year.

This. Great strategy, but there are private schools full of Marxist suckers as teachers. More work is needed to get rid of them.

...this is blatantly false.

He cut from the budgets of colleges and has pledged to go nowhere near K-12.

Missouri is going to get its tax cuts, but we're not taking shit from children.

fpbp

Stay white, brother.

Most of that was for post-secondary education it looks like though.

stltoday.com/news/local/metro/gov-greitens-cuts-million-from-missouri-budget-with-higher-education/article_cdbd8a9e-cf32-554f-b17e-210fc6fc0501.html

>getting paid 35k-40k a year for fucking teaching is a shit wage
you fucking americans I swear

Good. My favorite thing about this is how when Trump won, liberals were talking about how they need to to start "educating kids better" so this never happens again.

The changes this incoming admin will make will allow parents to have more choice in their kid's schooling. Government and elites should not be in charge of education.

Taking schooling out of the hands of the government and elite is a damn good thing.

Have you tried dealing with a room full of hormone-crazed nogs for 7 hours 5 days a week for 9 months a year?

>underfunded.
Audible kekkel.

>That is a shit wage here for how much is asked of them.

No it is not. Median household income in the US is right around $50k.

Also, in CPS there are plenty of teachers making 6 figures.

I actually think Shillary would have had led to a less oligarchy and plutocracy state, as weird as that is to type that out.

>teachers who only make $35,000 - $40,000 a year.

That's a lot of money for working half of the year. They also get tons of benefits.

>I know several teachers who only make $35,000 - $40,000 a year.

That's a pretty decent wage. Maybe not high paying but they get the whole summer off and work shorter hours so.... really a pretty good deal

You're a crappy or stupid teacher if you get stuck with a nog class. Good teachers go to better schools and get higher pay.

One of the reason's inner city schools have such shitty teachers is because the good ones get the fuck out, and are able to get higher paying jobs elsewhere. Nobody wants to teach niggers and spics, and live in a nigger and spic infested city.

>and even said that schools should have guns to protect from grizzly bears
>sits in room surrounded by armed guards
>asked why schools should have guns to protect students

Seems like schools have been pretty big targets over the years. These people can't be blind to this hypocrisy. Do they just ignore it?

So what happens when all those better jobs are taken already? I'm not a teacher, but I do work IT for a school district. Do you just expect inner city teachers to just leave and not teach then? That just makes niggers even worse. I live in Oklahoma though and a huge amount of this school is black. It's one of the best schools in the state, even. The richest, in fact. But yet we still have tons of black kids and they are all hoodrats, due to their nature. So what do you expect the teachers to do? You act like those "better" jobs are just infinite, when they're not

Education system should be destroyed. She's right about everything. Fully support.

Fuck public school.

Mandatory education by the state is mandatory child abuse. Fulfill your civic duty by voluntarily going to the library.

Yeah teachers unions dindu nuffin
Common Core isn't a total misallocation of resources no sir

At least federally

Get real jobs. If they're smart enough to teach a class, they should be knowledgeable enough to acquire job in the field they teach. If they can't, why are they teaching a subject they're not competent enough to make money with?

My bad for not wanting my kids to be retarded

Yes, I don't really care if states fund their education systems how they like. I can always move. But desu I'd rather stay and fight to abolish property tax too.

>smart boards

Seriously fuck those... I remember my senior year when my school started bringing those in.

>oooh look at how cool and fun learning will be with this smart board
>such technology

>half the teachers don't even know how the fuck it works
>white boards still end up being 100% more effective

Then teach them how to fucking love learning on their own nigger. If your kids grow up retarded it's because you're a shit parent who didn't encourage his kids to pursue learning for its own sake

>So what happens when all those better jobs are taken already?
Then the supply of schools needs to be increased. Public schools are ridiculously overcrowded, with our textbooks and courses being made specifically for pushing entire classrooms through. Students benefit more by being closer to (good) teachers, so they can actually LEARN and COMPREHEND instead of just memorize random information so they can pass a test.

In our current form the federal government heavily restricts the amount of schools. This administration will likely change that. Allowing citizens to choose schools vouchers instead of being stuck with government schools will create incentive for more schools to be created.
>You act like those "better" jobs are just infinite, when they're not
The supply of teachers isn't infinite either. Garbage teachers, even with more schools, are going to stay stuck in crappy schools.

teachers skills make more but that's impossible when the teachers' union protects the good and the bad

She sounds perfect.

MAGA

I hear Africa has good skoolz. Take all poor people of every race and boat them over there.

That's a fair point, desu senpai.

Edfag here. She's a horrible candidate. But Arne Duncan had all the qualifications and he was even fucking worse.

One advantage is that all the people who were riding the federal bandwagon, are rethinking the importance of local control when they imagine her running Common Core.

Supports vouchers.
Schools forced to compete
Teachers no longer get a free ride
Parents can choose to send their children to the.bezt schools

They brought them in my Sophmore year, and all the teachers were shitting themselves over how "cool" they were

They spent half the class trying to get it to work, one teacher even just used the overhead projector.

>Fast forawd to Senior year and teachers were using smart boards as expensive projectors

Waste of fucking money

Fuck public schools and most state college and Univ. They care more about sports and turning our children into liberal drones. I spent my life tell my teachers to go fuck themselves when they said that I would amount to nothing. I make more than all of them now...

Lower class can't afford new private schools
Lower class forced to not get basic education
Lower class forced to take nigger grunt work
Lower class becomes even lower class

Dude I heard mandatory 1st period for all schools across the US will be "Amway Selling Tactics 101"

Shits about to get crazy, bro.

>invested $200 million dollars for christian schools.

Sounds good to me, desu.

Teach in a place where the nignogs don't live

My wife taught in public schools for eight years. When the SJW bullshit started getting to a retarded level, she quit to homeschool our two boys. Better for them, better for her,,

She completely agrees with Betsy Devos..

kill yourself faggot

I'm gonna pray to kek tonight you die

These people have always resented "public education". They want the serfs working in factories as soon as they can walk and talk while their kids get educated in elite schools.

Pic related.

just use our system. It's one of the best: split the retards from the normies and from the nerds. BAM

Whether someone is retarded or not has nothing related to an education.

What you mean is, that you want them to be knowledgeable.

Public schooling is a glorified daycare compared to what you can teach your kids.

pretty much.

I'll talk shit all day to dems and establishment cuckservatives, but once htey mention trump's apointees i just get really quiet.

I like trumps pick. Shes a winner. Hopefully she follows through and burns the department of education down.

Isn't education a social spending that's worth its money?
An educated work force is attractive for investors, especially with automation coming around the corner.
Also what's wrong with making niggers less retarded?

What was Obamas answer to nignogs in school... ohh yea don't punish them as hard as the white kids. Fuck your kind

More edfag.

>Don't even get me started on them busing in "urban youth" and then giving them free lunches.

Ironically enough, doing that shit had an absolutely great impact on test scores, because the parents were so shit at feeding the kids. If you think that shit was bad, imagine their scores without the lunch program.

Her position is that the poorfag schools are currently a complete fucking disaster, because school employees are locked into place.

Presumably it will still be a disaster, but a more contained one.

That's for about the equivalent of a masters degree to start. As a result, it's practically impossible to get even mediocre math and hard science instructors. The humanities instructors on the other hand are paid way above market.

It's not just the administrators. The schools have a contradictory mission of being substitute parents and general social welfare net for kids. That shit's expensive.

You're a complete ignoramus. Administrators are over 90 percent democrat in most states. Same as the rank and file teachers.

SMASH THE DOE

BREAK THE UNIONS

DRAIN THE SWAMP

Then how do you educate children who's parents don't have the resources to homeschool? If you tear down the structure, it's not like you can erect a new one right away.

The thing is your wife sounds like a nice woman who cares for her children's education.

Most nogs and white trash don't give a shit about educating their kids, or simply can't.

Homeschooling is a completely viable option, but not everyone can do it or wants to do it. I don't want to see this country sink farther than it already has, education is one of the few things we have left, and even that is slowing.

So just learned this woman has tons of ties to the education space in Michigan, and is a long time education activist
Wtf is the problem?
Also, she donated to jeb and marco and generally disliked donald.

Being knowledgeable is one thing. Knowing how to think is another. Public schools will never teach the latter. Educated, thinking and armed populaces are not in the best interests of liberal governments.

You do realize it costs more than 140,000 to build a new building that can hold 1000+ kids.
They work really only a month less than a regular full time employee, when you get rid of weekends, federal holidays, and PTO. That is also the average salary of a teacher. Starting salary is usually in the 30K range which is terrible for someone with a bachelors degree. Average is $63,000 for a college graduate. Also many teachers have to pay in to their pension so saying they get a pension is like saying they have a 401k.
They also only get paid for 9 months so its the same as working for 12 months. Life doesn't magically stop during their time off.
Fake story
Yeah they are, most state and local governments are run by republican led legislation and that is where the benchmarks and goals are created for schools to follow.
Yes poor early child education and funding being directed to high performing schools as opposed to low performing schools. They work one less month than a similar full time employee but do not get paid. What benefits?
No its not for a bachelors degree working 40 hours a week. Average is $63,000 for someone with a bachelors.
That is wrong. There are added benefits for working at low income and lower performing schools. If your school is consistantely an "A" school you do not get a bonus, but if the school grade goes from a "b" to an "a" you get a bonus. There are also state and federal benefits for teaching at low income schools, such as loan forgiveness. Teachers get out of inner city schools because they are tired of dealing with shithead kids not money.

Honestly I'm not surprised by the lack of ignorance. Most of you have never worked a day in your life and have a high level of egotism with some complete arrogance and complete obliviousness about yourself.

For those that are trolling, gr8 b8 m8.You got me.

I got a grizzly bear solver and his name is revolver

this is extremely well crafted bait

>and most of the fine arts rooms haven't been renovated since they were built in 1950

that gave it away though

I think you can do better OP

Rome wasn't built in a day because Romans kept destroying it everyday apparently.

You know, I'm 18 and still a senior in high school with a full ride to my university for electrical engineering. I grew up in a poor family and worked hard in school for this. It didn't come without at least some sacrifice. School does suck, but it's not supposed to be fun. The thing is that I had the opportunity. Meanwhile, all the white middle class kids I grew up with spent their days listening to Nigger beats and smoking LOL WEED BRO subsidized by mum and dad. So the solution is simple, make entrance exams a thing for schools to filter out trash. Why does everyone get to go, even those that just come to socialize? It's really unnecessary and a waste of taxpayers money.

Also my school spent a federal grant on buying gopros and drones so the IT fratboys can play with their toys when we still have 6 year old Macs.

You're actually paid far higher for being a nog teacher because they can't find anyone willing otherwise

You cant fix the problem by slinging more money at it.

the system is broke only 4 countries spend more on education than the US does

That's like saying let's spend money to make monkeys talk... guess what They can't

This is one of the few picks I don't really like tbqh

She actually said that her family in total probably has donated at least $200 million to the GOP.... Her brother stated blackwater by the way... Erik Prince, maybe you've heard of him.

>I don't want to see this country sink farther than it already has
I do
It's gone to the nogs

>She wants to spend less funding on universities and public schools, when they're all underfunded as it is.
Wrong. The schools aren't underfunded they waste unreal amounts of money on bullshit and lining their own pockets and then demand more

anyone else hear not even like country but just love the fact that this is making leftists shake and is making them show their real bigoted thoughts against hicks?

fucking love it.

my school had to SHARE textbooks in class but somehow we got a new football stadium and pool

You know they have to buy classroom supplies, right? Also idk who the fuck they are talking about, you have to be an experienced teacher to make that much. Starting teachers make closer to 24k a year.

Also consider that they likely went into debt to get that degree. When you are $50k in debt and you work long hours with shitty kids and have to buy your own equipment and deal with shitty school politics they aren't living in the lap of luxury I assure you.

Don't be too racist user, blacks can succeed with proper education.

Great, we are only one generation away from a nation of retards. Hope you like getting cucked.

LMAO SHE IS IN FOR-PROFIT COLLEGES.

jesus guys, this is some next level cuckoldry to approve this woman

>Implying this wont turn out in some way to funnel money towards you the taxpayer paying for failed college education.

Guys, seriously, you guys are making sure to turn into the next Mexico.

This is a strawman there is no evidence to support this. Stop fear mongering.

Perfect product of a fucked up education system.

>Denies climate change
>Denies evolution
>Denies the holocaust
>Denies the scientific method
>Believes in flat-earth
>Believes in trickle-down (ok fine, I'll give you this one. Pee does trickle down)
>Muh libcuck tears

I can't wait for faggots like these to die. Oh, gonna be so glorious when the Orange faggot is gonna be impeached and then assassinated for good measure.

>"Only" make 35-40k/year
>work 6 months out of the year

Cry me a fuckin river