Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OPHDyLAlxho
youtu.be/kQSO0RbmHBI
youtube.com/watch?v=GR8Nf00VPyk
youtube.com/watch?v=AgDMxs4aHZU
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Implying Trump has any control over hiring at NPR

The only thing Trump can (and should) do is defund it.

I like NPR, its more balanced that you think over the last 8 years the have been highly critical of Obama. I bet you've never listened to a single program.

I don't think anyone at NPR is appointed. They get public funds but they're not actually all that public.

He could cut funding though, that whole organization is a shitshow. Of course, their cuck listeners will pledge even more to support them and make them go far to the left in their reporting.

Ideally he will keep funding in place and work to keep a tight leash on them. Not that it matters, I guess. I don't think more than a tiny percentage of Americans even know what NPR is, let alone listen to it regularly.

NPR makes for good opposition research.

Just cut funding and shitpost on tweeter that they were always commercial radio anyway what with all the underwriting (i.e. ads).

I listen to npr everyday. I like it... (even though I'm a ancaptard) but guess what, I don't think our taxes should go to it.

>npr
>highly critical of democrats
Pick one.

its ok, but Trump could basically turn it into Trump radio

and then i was asking IF he should do that

so maybe he should defund it, and start a new one?

Just cut government funding.
NPR will fail.

>balanced
It's partnered with (((politifact))) m80. All I ever here are stories about people reacting negatively to trump I remember one time they played a song from a latina singer that literally called him "a blue-eyed devil man".

Nah, he's just gonna take away all their funding. Liberals will freakout and donate a bunch right in the beginning, and then that movement will fizzle out and it'll die after a few years.

Don't be silly user.
We have to know how the enemy thinks.

>here
hear*

Also I found the song. youtube.com/watch?v=OPHDyLAlxho

>Trump radio
You mean Breitbart and Fox?

>so maybe he should defund it, and start a new one?

They really don't get much of their funding from the government. Cutting funding would suck a bit, but they'd make it up quickly in donations and member support. It would do nothing but turn them even more against Trump in the long run.

Funding a new government sponsored new org would hurt him in the long run too. He can pack it with fanboys, but overtime it would turn into a state funded left wing rag. You know the types who major in journalism and RTF in uni? Yeah, those are going to be the producers and hosts of shit in that organization. Over time it'll just devolve into left wing drivel, as NPR did.

No, don't make it Trump radio. There's no need; Trump's media power comes from effective use of social media. That is the future of communication, and that was part and parcel of his ground game, and it is essential that he continue to use it in order to communicate directly with the American people.

I would really rather see NPR increase the number of good programs they have, especially now that the old guard is increasingly on its way out. I don't know that the government would be the best funding incentive for that. Maybe the answer will lie in increasing small time local programming that gets picked up more widely if and when it is quality.

True, why would he need NPR when he has paid Russian shills on social media and Sup Forums

This is a mother lode of horseshit. NPR is a flagrant producer of massive quantities of leftist inflammatory propaganda. They can burn in hell.

Trump should defund them, full stop.

>I bet you've never listened to a single program
Cannot stand the smug, self-congratulatory tone; they've overdone the "intelligent talk"
also cannot stand the overdone afsm mouth sounds

Exactly. We're going to have a propaganda army, and Russia is going to pay for it. Believe me, folks.

and now NPR also

good posts, thanks

*asmr

I catch NPR on my public radio station. What's the problem?

underrated post

It'd make me laugh, if anything.

Make 'N' Nationalist Again

I'm a roads inspector and stuck in my work truck all day, I'm not going to go into details here but every single program on their totes the leftist Washington agenda in both domestic and international foreign policy. They are pure, misinformation spreading scum and should be defunded at the nearest opportunity, fuck NPR.

>Today on NPR they talked about the conflict of interest in the fact Trump leases space for his hotel space from a movement owned building in which the lease specifically prohibits leasing to a government official and Trump refuses to divest himself from it (his own words)

Oh man.. that total misinformation that is actually... um.. fact.

*government owned not "movement" owned..

You think the tens if not hundreds of people employed for them who are passionate about their careers and their ideals are just going to give it up and let that happen?

People on this board don't stop for even a second to use critical thinking before they make a post.

Let me guess, you want it replaced by RT.

they re-broadcast some NPR shows here on AM radio, I listen to it when I'm driving

If it got shut down I would miss robert seagull gently buzzing in my ear

youtu.be/kQSO0RbmHBI

interdasting. One of the reasons I stopped donating to my local station is that they started carrying BBC programs, which are like on supercuck mode compared to NPR.

I ain't funding no global propaganda network.

I am a regular listener of NPR....not because I buy into that horseshit either.

I am SHOCKED constantly at how many corporate "Donors" there are that are mentioned. For a organization that is supposed to be public, they certainly cater to large private donors.

Shut them down. Ever since Prairie Home Companion's Garrison Keillor left it has been worthless.

Car talk will be the only thing of value lost.

Sell it to Clear Channel and get the government out of the media business.

Marco Weirman's while shoe is about muh poor minorities and fuck trump and fuck white people tho

NO, force them to a drinking toast with Castor oil,Mussolini stile,
One time and everybody would fall in line

it's a bunch of people with mixed indian/kike names talking about how every single right-wing movement in the world are genocidal maniacs

i mean i guess they cover shit normal radio generally doesn't but wasting 20 minute segments EVERY DAY talking about shit like how pashto women feel neglected because their husbands never fuck them because they're too busy fucking 9 year old boys just gets tiresome

Some actual NPR programming represents decent journalism. Where the problem lies is local NPR affiliates that crowd out the decent NPR content with endless local stories of self-righteous victimhood. The national feed has more than enough of that already.

Car talk died years ago from a brain thing. It's all stored up tapes nowadays.

F

also F for GK

and F for dying rheme

Remove the kikes and hire Europeans.

the quality of NPR depends on your local station. Morning Addition, All Things Considered, and Market Place are all fucking awesome. I would also say the Diane Rehm show was great, but she just retired.

Regardless they produce some amazing programming

NPR listener and supporter here. How fulfilling is your life of scapegoating Jews/blacks/women/gays from the comfort of your parents' basement? How do those Cheeto-stained cum socks smell?

We spend $500,000,000 a year on the CPB (((corporation for public broadcasting)) which then doles out $$ to npr and pbs.

Why not cut funding, and say use that $500million for education. Or (my fav) make sure 100% of that money goes ONLY to educational brodacasting (learning shows for kids, animal documentaries, historical shows) instead of the sjw dribble they push on obs

Cthulhu always swims left. It'll just be a leftist mouthpiece again before you know it.

le buzzword meme man

NPR is educational. If you only catch All Things Considered at the end of the night you will be far more informed than most Americans. Marketplace is technically PRI but that is also a great program that gives you a very pro-business perspective.

The only people that hate NPR are those that are willfully ignorant, they produce plenty of programming that will work with any political persuasion

>goes ONLY to educational brodacasting (learning shows for kids, animal documentaries, historical shows)
the problem is a show about creationism fulfills all those requirements too

I listen to NPR every single day. I even listened to their segment on Trump's conflict of interest and ethics today. I can assure you what you said is so fucking wrong it's beyond belief. The literally and openly wax nostalgic about Obama.

Well, I guess you can get rid of npr now, because there's nothing left to say.

Obama did nothing wrong (in the US) cletus

How fucking pipe smoking, early fifties, father knows best, decent middle america degenerate who fucks his own daughter are you? Keillor has been as captivating as a miscarriage for YEARS.

>regular listener of NPR

Really cuck? Really? Prairie Home and Car Talk? Those are the best two references you could pull out of your ass?

I'll wait here while you do a quick wikipedia search on the NPR line up so you can push your next bullshit point.

The donation drives are annoying though. But when the ignorant citizens of this country want to spend their money on the next iphone, who else is left to shore up programming funds but corporate donors?

Marketplace is an entertainment program, broham. It's fun and all, but if you can only consider it to be informative if you're too ignorant to peruse the myriad actual business media out there.

The point is that it is a far better program than the shit you find on cnbc or fox business news. Public radio is not perfect but the the news programs produced on NPR and News Hour produced on PBS are the best news being produced in america today. You cant really find a quality equivalent unless you go outside the US

Come on guys, Car Talk was fucking great and Radiolab is always interesting. They have some really good programs, and I think they're starting to lean back toward the center. There's no doubt that during the height of election season they were horribly partisan, but enough feedback from fed up working class folks has had some effect. Some of it is still horrible leftist garbage though. They're not perfect, don't fit my personal political slant, but I will tune in for specific programs, no doubt.

GIBS YOU MONIES TO LEFTIST PUBLIC RADIO, GOYIM, IT IS IMPORTANT YOU DO SO, HOW ELSE WILL WE TELL YOU HOW TO THINK PROPERLY???

Gtfo of here troll

Couldn't resist white knighting for your batch of le opporessed people, could you captain guiltstain?

Let me guess, you chose the "NPR Go Bag" for your annual pledge drive gift so that you can expatriate to Canada or Mexico. My advice is to get out of the country quickly before you are endowed with a likeness similar to Swiss cheese.

True, but you're not setting a high bar with FOX or CNBC.

Actually, one of the best financial bits I've heard on NPR was one time when This American Life finally, years late to the game, did a piece on magnetar. This was after years of trying to figure out whether to blame the banks or the people taking out ridiculous loans, since of course it's not an option for the government to have anything to do with it.

youtube.com/watch?v=GR8Nf00VPyk

Election shmection. What about the continuous and unending stream of pandering to niggerhood as le noble savage? A few quick examples:

- Ebullient coverage of the "Straight Outta Compton" movie (by NPR's 40-60 year old non-black matzo-or-curry-eating propaganda mouthpieces, mind you...) as an empowering cultural entity that is also a masterpiece in its own right (kek.)

- Going on and on about how great that warbling baboon Nina Simone was, and how she was such a hero for writing a race-baiting song and stickin' it to The Man!

These kinds of occurrences are ubiquitous in their programming. They constantly inject all this social justice bullshit to amplify it ("give it a voice that can be heard [eyetear.jpg]") while simultaneously being sneaky about the rest of the news that they cover.

Every media has a bias, even as a liberal I don't always agree with everything I hear on NPR. The point is they have quality programming and journalism. Diane Rehm was a good example. If you made a solid logical argument you would be able to make your point, but if you spouted bullshit talking points she would cut you off and call you on your bullshit.

The divide caused by NPR is not left/right its an educational divide.

Defund it. TAL and the Moths will be fine.

Diane Rehm was legit good. Wasn't familiar with her until my local station started putting her on when I was running late for work.

I think my turning point was when she had a pair of numales on spouting party line bullshit about how Ben Carson was saying all this radical, hateful stuff about blacks and muslims that nobody else could get away with. She just asked for examples of what they meant by that and all they could do was reeeeeeeeeee it's so objectionable, this is unacceptable in academia, it's horrible, reeeeeeeee.

having volunteered my time in a public radio station you guys have no idea how much work they actually put into remaining neutral. also all media is implicitly biased but NPR is SIGNIFICANTLY less so than practically any alternative MSM sources. They also have far more accountability and scrutiny than any private station. Just because you dont like what they report on does not mean that it is leftist propaganda. you want propaganda?? turn on any private media network.

It's full of so much bullshit it drips out from all sides

>and now we turn to Noah Metzelburg-Keinstein from the Jewish Institute for How the Goyim should Think
>He's a research fellow at the Rosenberg Foundation and served 20 years at the Katz Foundation for Unending Israeli Support for the Army

Thank you for joining us, Noah!
Tell us how we should think!

I listen to it user, I tell everyone I know to listen to it but most people are too lazy to get into classical music :(
actually a ton of their funding comes from donations. but why would you want to see it fail?
>state sponsored media
>the enemy
thats treasonous user.

REMINDER THAT: literally no other news organization in the US is subject to the same scrutiny and restrictions as them as them, whatever you replace it with would be a million

million times more biased*

"Every media has a bias" does not absolve NPR from pumping out a voluminous stream of liberal propaganda day in, day out. If NPR were not receiving public funds, then they can do whatever they want. Until then, "everyone else is doing it" is apples and oranges - public funding requires accountability and a higher standard.

> they have quality programming and journalism
Yes, that is what makes them so dangerous. They are an ideal Trojan Horse into the mind - especially the "educated" mind that believes it impervious to such parlor tricks. I have seen many a liberal tricked by good old NPR. Hell, it was me just a few short years ago.

> its an educational divide
NPR appeals to educated people because it knows how to attract them.

There is some good programming, but that programming should not be saddled with all of this other nefarious activity that chips away at the integrity of our society. If I were in charge of one of the good shows I would be irate with the news teams for fucking up the station with their partisan tricks.

I prefer baroque
youtube.com/watch?v=AgDMxs4aHZU

My local station used to have awesome jazz, and I'm not even a jazz guy. Gone, gone. Now it's just one big government-military-media-thinktank-globalist-jew hugbox.

t. the shabbos goy that kept the station running every Saturday

Decent. Got many (yous). 8/10.

Same here. I used to enjoy listening to NPR but if I try to listen to them nowadays I just get infuriated at their flagrant liberal bullshit.

I'm so fucking happy I finally grew out of liberalism.

>Those are the best two references you could pull out of your ass?
They are 2 of the shows that run on the weekends that I do listen to.....Mainly it is incidental because I happen to be driving when these programs are on. I have been missing Scifriday lately due to my schedule changing. I do not listen at the home. Only in my car.

I certainly respect the fact that you don't care for Keillor. He is love or hate on that program.

>but that programming should not be saddled with all of this other nefarious activity that chips away at the integrity of our society.

Exactly what programming are you talking about? Their bias is clear but they make every effort to present every side of the equation and give equal time to anyone who can make an argument. Sometimes your worldview is challenged, that is a good thing

Gas NPR, remove it. They just promote degeneracy anyway.

>they make every effort to present every side of the equation
C-SPAN takes more effort to let callers on air than NPR.

If you listen on the weekend the show you want to catch is wait wait don't tell me. its a geeky news quiz show but damn if it isn't fun

My last paying job was at a catholic bookstore user. And no I volunteered because I believe in the station as a cultural effort that does a lot for my local community.

not really a baroque guy personally but its great that you listen to Bach, hes one of humanities greatest triumphs its a shame that more people dont pay it respect. We have a great jazz program, its part of what got me into jazz in the first place.

remind me of the last time NPR had a scandal for misinformation? compare that to ANY privitized media network.
you're reverse kiking doesnt work on me schlomo

No, he shouldn't. He should just get rid of it b/c it's unconstitutional not use it as propaganda; that's fucked up

Wait wait has its moments. One time they lit into Obama and the crowd and the panelists were going wild.

Then another time it was on during a grocery run and Peter (((notajew))) took 5 minutes to explain that they were tired of talking about Trump and weren't going to talk about him any more, and then they held a competition about who could do the best Trump imitation by making fart sounds into the microphones. You could have rounded up every EBT purchase in the grocery store that day and it wouldn't have equaled that value.

Why would they have scandals? Who the hell is going to prosecute? They say all the right things. Even Wikipedia concludes that they're a bunch of hardcore unfair conservatives last I checked [many citations!]

I listen everyday and bitch at their treasonous propaganda.

Was it propeganda when there was a republican in the white house?

>first amendment
>treason
jesus user

>wait wait don't tell me
I absolutely cannot stand the show. It feels like a forced type of humor....It reminds me of a radio version of "Who's line is it Anyway".

Terrible.

Give them all their money. Public finances should not be funding any sort of political agenda....which NPR generally demonstrates with their choices of stories.

Someone post some NPR butthurt.