How does Sup Forums motivate themselves to go to the gym? I'm not interested in asking /fit/ this question...

How does Sup Forums motivate themselves to go to the gym? I'm not interested in asking /fit/ this question, I'm looking for reasons Sup Forums users have. For me, I'm a skinny fuck (which I'm somewhat insecure about), have social anxiety around people I don't know, and have no idea what locker room etiquette is. How do you motivate yourself to go to the gym?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=juYnGsrl2uk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

start doing pushups and crunches and come back in a month

also fuck off faggot this isn't /fit/

None of us actually go to the gym.

Also dont go to the gym, do calisthenics, youd probably like it more. Gymnastics is fun if you can go to a gymnastics gym

none of you guys are mentally stable either

Workout at home, and eat big.

I'm in the same boat as you, minus the social anxiety. recently started to eat more and it's been going well. If you don't know how to cook, start out making basic meals, like chicken and rice. shit like that

Go enough and you start to crave it. I was going to get on the bike but remembered today was deadlift day, I'm cashed but want more.

True. I have my own equipment.
I don't wanna go to the gym, there are NORMIES there!

This

Been trying that recently, mostly chicken but just bought some burgers to grill. I'm going for ketosis, so eating mostly foods with high fat.

Says the Hilldawg

Unfortunately the best way is to have a personal trainer. You need accountability at first, and you need expert guidance. I say unfortunately because that costs me about $125/week, plus bike time on my own. I really need the trainer, the workouts are so intense sometimes I can't remember what I did.

I work I don't need to go to a gym

So you're a roofer or landscaper? Neat

1) Start using pre-workout or lots of coffee. It's not great for you but it will help you get started. It's what I needed for the first 2 months then I weened myself off the pre-workout (C4) and just stuck with a large coffee

2) Avoid cardio for the first bit. Just focus on lifting weights and getting your body into it. It's much more enjoyable

3) Start light. Nothing turns you off working out like lifting too much and turning it into a drag. Start doing light amounts on the machines if you'd like. It's actually really fun, enjoyable and easy. Graduate to weights after a month

The very very best thing to do is if you own your own home is to buy your own gym and set it up in your garage or back yard. What discourages people from going to the gym is actually "going" to the gym. If it is right there then there is no discouragement.

If you can't do that up above then motivate yourself by subscribing to instagram and FB groups of people working out. The constant reminder is very useful. The second thing, which will sound a little strange, is to put up posters of people who are in very good shape or have a reputation of being in good shape. This even includes superheroes. Right now I have Wolverine(Hugh Jackman) shirtless on my wall along with several posters of Batman Arkham City and Henry Cavil in Superman uniform all staring at me in disappointment for being a fat fuck. Third, if possible, set yourself up with a trainer for 6 months and learn from him as much as possible. After 6 months you will be able to train yourself now. Fourth, get yourself many schedules on paper organized by muscle categories like: Chest, Back, Legs, Arms and Shoulders. Record the weight you can lift. Seeing your previous weaker weight compared to your heavy one and visualizing it is very inspiring.

Hope that helps.

Go to a gym to learn about the industrial fitness complex and long term contract obligations, basically /biz/.

That's not true
Don't give a fuck about others,know that you're just starting so don't feel bad in fact embrace the fact your just improving and you'll get better,if you're self concious about other think that they're just time and effort away from you and you can catch up simply by not giving up
Don't fall into peer pressure and know your limits,like in pol you can tell a new fag acting like an old fag it's easy to spot a guy that can't lift 10 kilos with one hand in a normal routine from the guy who can,so know your limits and don't make a fool of yourself,start by doing simple stuff with not such big weight until at least you know the fuck you're doing,you can start at home to get a bit more fit,do chin ups,squats,push ups,and somE barbell and then you can join the gym maybe

>he thinks "social anxiety" is a thing

the gym at my apartment complex is always empty except for maybe 2-3 other people

i like the "runner's high" from extended cardio, feels good man

i'm not /fit/ but i'm not a fatass

I always played sports growing up an I'm a turbo chad Aryan with an Aryan wife with our third kid on the way.

You are your body, being weak an feeble makes every aspect of life worse. Body is a temple. Excess sugar, alcohol, tattoos, etc. are degenerate.

>How does Sup Forums motivate themselves to go to the gym?

To make myself better and I enjoy it. I feel better, and live better when I workout.

>For me, I'm a skinny fuck (which I'm somewhat insecure about), have social anxiety around people I don't know, and have no idea what locker room etiquette is. How do you motivate yourself to go to the gym?

I use to be you, but you can get over it. You just have to change the way you see the gym. View it like going to the playground when you where a kid. That is all that was, working out, while playing. Also you need to find what motivates you at the gym and what you like to do. If it is lifting, or machines, or whatever.

Also /fit/ is mostly homos so don't listen too much to them.

I'll try those steps. Thanks.

Started off going because I like eating and didn't want to become obese.

Now it's just that I feel incredibly lazy if I miss workouts.

The gym as a playground. I've never considered that but it sounds brilliant. Appreciate the advice from everyone. I'm glad I asked Sup Forums.

Just start going, gym culture is very respectful. It's a place of improvement. Everyone at the gym is insecure about their bodies, training for an event, or using it to relieve anxiety in all forms. Start slowly working higher protein meals into your daily diet. Gain muscle mass by lifting heavy and upping your weights every 2-3 weeks. I started off as a fat fuck hated my body 240 lbs of fat started slowly dropping weight now I'm 180. Friend of mine was a tall lanky guy weight 150 6'4 started lifting and now he's up to 180 pretty much pure muscle. It takes time and dedication but it's addicting once you start to see changes. Just always remember it takes 2 weeks for you to start noticing a change and 5 weeks for others.

>jew mom, italian dad
>dad ran away when he found out my mom was pregnant
>never knew him until he called me when i was about 16
>decided to give him a chance
>went to a restaurant to meet him
>he was one of the fattest guys i had ever seen (probably weighed over 200kg) and ate like a pig
>fast forward, i went back home
>started thinking about how shitty my fathers' genes are
>i didn't want to end up like him cause that's just depressing
>"well i don't have to study a lot cause i have those jew genes, i just have to focus on the physical part"
>started going to the gym one week after that and i'm still going there everyday

Go easy at first. Do something you can easily complete even if it's next to nothing. Something you have no excuse not to do. You'll love the feeling of being able to complete it. Keep ramping it as much as you want but make sure you can complete it so you can get that feeling of success.

Personally it makes me feel like a badass. I feel so powerful after working out every other day for a while, like I could do anything or beat anyone. It's a great feeling.

You don't have to go to the gym until you feel better about yourself. Prisoners get jacked as shit in an 8X10 cell. You can do a lot with body weight exercises, and you can order cheap minimalist equipment if the bodyweight exercises are too easy (they won't be if you're skinny). That being said, the only way you're going to get over the social anxiety is putting yourself out of your comfort zone and just powering through it. Exposure therapy is the only cure. Go with a friend if that would be better.

Go on nofap, you'll literally need to go to the gym everyday to help keep your mind focused.

I enjoy working out, so the hardest thing about going to the gym is actually going to the gym.

Find a friend to work out with, it helps a lot.

I actually like women enough to keep myself in shape to attract them.

>being a cuck to the gym jew

Just figure out how to do muscle ups at the park.

I just don't think about it. I get changed, get in the car, and start driving. Once you're at the gym, you might as well work out. It's like Nike or Shia, just do it.

I have a giant mirror

I get in front of it and look at myself, then I turn around and bendover, I spread my cheeks and proceed to look at my asshole through my legs

I try to open it a bit, then proceed to yell at myself through it, my yells echo's off the glass reverberate into my anal cavity.

I feel pretty pumped full of anger and motivated afterwards

i have a receding hairline and just broke up with my gf of a year 2 months ago. good looking but feel having muscles will boost my confidence and ease my return to talking to girls again. meeting my personal trainer tomorrow

1. Because I'm proud of myself
2. Being strong at work is nice
3. Being bigger attracts women
4. Being strong wind fights

I go to the gym 6 days a week. 2 hours a day. You just have to want it bad enough and make it routine.

Workout at homefag here. Way better? Pull-up, dip bar with leg lifts and push-ups and free weights. Wake up drink pre workout. It feels good to get bigger/healthy

I started doing fucking yoga of all things and my shoulders are actually getting pretty big. I'm surprised at how effective it has been. Not to mention the increased flexibility makes me feel great.

Shave your head
Do StrongLifts
Start speaking to girls right away

Fuck personal trainers waste of money

I think personal trainers are good for weak willed people

6 days for 2 hours? Fuck me how does your body have time to recover.

HOME GYM
problem solved

A basic understanding of free time. When i was unemployed i had all the time in the world but no motivation. Since finding employment, i know the value of my time. I often think to myself "Would i pay myself $34 to do this for the next hour?" and if not, find something better to do (usually just chores / meal prep). I still get 3-4 days off a week and work part from home, so it's not as bad as some minimum wage 9-5 bullshit.

Also as for the anxiety. You're always going to be a foal in a gym, even if you do enough exercise at home to get to a less-auchwitzmode physique, unless you fully know the ins and outs of each and every machine, you're going to make an ass out of yourself.

The best thing you can do is just go straight for it, try to socialize / ask for spots and recommendations on form / info on different machines and in my experience 9/10 people will take that as a compliment and help you out.

Might even make a gym buddy or two which again helps with motivation. After a while, fitness and growth becomes almost addictive. You will literally start to feel like shit both physically and mentally if you don't go to the gym for 3+ days after having a regular routine for a year+.

Good luck breh.

Also, literally no one gives a fuck about you at a gym, it's not highschool, people are there for themselves and no one else, no ones going to stop what they're doing and point at the skinny / fat dude who rolls up. Once you realize this you'll be good to go.

Just fucking go and develop your own routine. Who gives a fuck what people say or how they look at you. Just watch a couple videos to learn proper form and make a schedule you'll stick too.

Just because you don't take care of yourselves doesn't mean we all do. Fuck off you faggots.

Bought a home gym. Am not a lazy cunt.

>HOME GYM
>problem solved
That doesn't always solve the motivation problem. There are a lot of dusty home gyms out there ...

You dont need a gym. Just a barbell for upper body and pushups,situps,squats for the rest.

>gym etiquette
There's no such thing. If you want to keep a low profile wear a t-shirt and some kind of long sports/recreational pants which cover your knees and you're all set. And remember pic related.

>/fit/ is mostly homos
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?

>Right now I have Wolverine(Hugh Jackman) shirtless on my wall

Hey my teenage sister has that too

From a girl's perspective: Girls prefer muscular guys because you look more manly & could physically protect us with your strength if you needed to. We feel safe & protected.

A lot of girls love skinny fucks.

>How do you motivate yourself to go to the gym?

Fatty here.

I look at all the other fat fucks in my life and it's not that they are fat, it's that they constantly qualify that shit, make excuses, and run their mouths in general.

Family that eats like shit and won't ever stop buying too much food. Weeb friends that obsess over anime and cape flicks and won't shut up about them. Beta males that just make constant excuses to anyone who will listen as to why they can't or won't improve, even though no one asked. I've got one friend who went and had gastric band surgery but still manages to be a loud, obnoxious pig.

And the politics...these people have an endless well of energy when it comes to ranting about Clinton, Trump, Obama, China, Mexico, Russia, guns, abortion...you name it. But these fools can't manage to lift a barbell or walk around the block despite all that motivation to rant. All mouth and no balls.

Then there's the health problems. Nothing but bad backs, busted knees, swollen legs, diabetes, high blood pressure, and sandy vaginas. Nothing but excuses so let's just regurgitate the latest rage bait from CNN and not think about how useless we've become.

It's like having my own personal fat people hate thread live and in 3D.

The thing is, I used to be just as bad. My neck was as bearded as any weeb. It took the constant onslaught of boorish behaviour from all sides to learn to despise such behaviour in myself and make a change.

Now I look in the mirror and I see some real swole, but I still got some fat. I think to myself, my God I don't want to be lumped in with the rest of these pieces of shit anymore. That's what keeps me going.

As for the anxiety, don't sweat it too hard. Most people that go to the gym just keep their head down and handle their business. At worst you won't even be a blip on their radar. But you'll occasionally get a swole bro that will genuinely encourage you.

You're going to make it, bro.

Go 3-4 times and you'll see you get an endorphin rush about an hour after each session. Nice warm glow. You feel stronger and then you T levels go up making you feel more confident and assertive. That creates a positive feedback loop and you're good to go. Just make sure you focus on lifting with supplemental cardio. Also get a personal trainer to go through a program for you so you know what you're doing and don't injure yourself.

Are those the only physical altercation labor jobs you could think of...? Just get the fuck out you desk jockey.

I intentionally fuel my own self hatred to the point where I'm eager to improve myself.

I've lost 150lbs since I started browsing Sup Forums a little over 2 years ago

I'm still a fat degenerate piece of shit though, I'll be there in a year or so to where I will actually want to show my progress from fat to /fit/

I had some weights at home that I would lift for a while. Eventually, I joined a gym and now I go most days. Once it becomes a habit for you, it's hard NOT to do it each day.

>Go 3-4 times and you'll see you get an endorphin rush about an hour after each session. Nice warm glow. You feel stronger and then you T levels go up making you feel more confident and assertive. That creates a positive feedback loop and you're good to go.

This

Trainers are for retards.

There are hundreds of free programs online, search: starting strength, stronglifts, ice cream fitness, etc. The best are free, never pay for one.

Unless you find a strength coach, a trainer won't know shit about proper form, so learn it yourself. YouTube has millions of videos on form.

You don't need "super intense" workouts, that's a stupid meme. You only need to go gym for 45 minutes, 3 days a week to get into shape, and maintain it. Focus on barbell lifts (squats, overhead press, deadlift, bench, Pendlay row), forget pump n fluff like bicep curls.

This is true if you want to lose weight and build muscle. High Intensity Training (HIT) will help you lose fat (by building muscle, thus improving your metabolism).

Your muscles don't need to hurt or feel pumped to gain progress. That's another stupid meme.

Cardio is good too, but as an accessory to weight training. Be careful if you're a fatty fat fat fuck because you'll break your knees if you start galloping on a treadmill. Use a cross trainer or bike.

Stop eating like a pig.

Pic related, me after 4 years of the above.

This, Everytime I see faggot commies or loser antifa talking shit I get triggered enough to bang out like 20 push-ups and by then I just finish the quick routine I made up

Smoke a bowl. Go ruck 5 miles every other day.

Smoke a bowl and git the weights alternating days.

Prepping for the race war

I go to a personal trainer, so I know what I am doing and the workout is short and effective. Also by scheduling with the trainer I have to be there, there's no skipping the workout. I know not everyone can afford it but it's just a suggestion.

I don't, I treat it like doing homework and other shit I don't really like to do but need to do.

It's not motivation you need. It's discipline.

Just do it.

A few good reasons

>it makes me feel happier, endorphins improve mood in a way no psychoactive pharmajewdical can
>helps me sleep at night, good tired feeling throughout body
>aches, pains, stomach cramps and all other things bothering me disappear
>mental break from the rest of my life, feels like a sanctuary
>hype as fuck motivating music makes it fun as hell
>allows me to rock climb, hike, and do other physically demanding tasks with ease
>makes getting in a fight more fun if you can beat the piss out of some fag who starts shit with you
I think about how if SHTF, I'll be better prepared than most. I think about how I'm young, and there will never in my entire life be another time where I can fulfill my true athletic potential.

Most of all, I was almost killed when I went through a long drawn out disease process. I feel fortunate to have a functioning body, you should be too.

for health and that's it, other kind of motive is degenerate

Gotta be /fit/ for the race war. Outrunning nigs and choking them out is good cardiovascular, but if you are unprepared you gun get raped

>2017
>being a gymrat

Just do some bodyweight stuff at home and go for a jog.

The human body is a killing machine. When it is tuned up it can engage in extended exercise with limited recovery, indefinitely.

Injuries happen of course, but that is why our body also can heal itself.

The only people who do this are spics.

Gym culture is amazing. I always see super skinny or morbidly obese dudes every time I go. Literally no one cares about your body and if anything they'll think higher of you because you're trying to make a change in your life. Everyone is there to improve their own bodies.
Eat a bunch of grilled chicken and rice.

>but that is why our body also can heal itself.
any minor injury that is

If you're going to buy home equipment, buy Olympic barbell and plates, not the shitty standard stuff.

I am empty inside, and I am horrified at the prospect of dying alone. I am squandering in futility. Every effort I make to exert myself is done because of nervous energy, never any deeper desire to "improve myself" or whatever.

if you have a buddy with good work ethic and who's made good progress and needs/wants a partner, that can push you past your laziness and pussiness and complacency more than anything!

that and soul-motivating music too obviously

Good luck!

Fucking STANDARDLETS

Watch The Golden One

For fitness he's /ourguy/

>paying kikes to let you into their crowded disease factories
>not owning your own equipment to remove bullshit excuses and maintain an effective schedule
What are you a fucking teenager

youtube.com/watch?v=juYnGsrl2uk

In a month you will see gains, feel better and more confident, after that it will become an addiction. DO IT! Also after every workout session it feels better than sex.

Get a routine. Know what exercises you are going to do before you get there. Go at night to avoid social anxiety, have higher confidence. It doesn't matter how much weight you can do! Heavy is relative to you. I'm also skinny and let me tell you, you have to eat a lot. I'm a slim guy and I work a warehouse job. I was eating a meal every 2 hours - big meals (eggs, burgers, pasta, etc) and I did not gain weight. I highly recommend gainer protein, not whey protein. To gain weight, you need calories, not protein. I say again, you will get bigger with enough calories. Protein will not make you bigger. It helps, but calories are the deciding factor. Lastly, all of this food is very costly and fitness is an investment in yourself and your future. I hope you enjoy your routine and your results!

>Paying money to work out

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................................................................................

>OP needs to gain weight; muscle of course
>gym provides access to various weights and equipment necessary for him to safely and efficiently lift, get stronger, and make the gains
How exactly is OP supposed to go from skinny fuck to slim without the gym? He's not trying to lose weight, where you can just walk/run with no equipment or, God forbid, eat less.

>Don't give a fuck about others
euroboys are more forgiving than burgers
burgers are very mean and at the same time very sensitive.
anyway, you are a kind lad for encouraging the burger

his nose is weird. sorry.

I do something fun for exercise (rollerskating) instead of being on a boring cross-trainer. Also there's young women in shorts.

Can you suck your own dick yet?

I'm too autist for the gym, I get fit at home.

>Just because you don't take care of yourselves doesn't mean we all do
Congrats. You're a dumb fuck who got memed into hanging out on a Laotian watercoloring blog with a bunch of fat NEETs and autists.

what I do is i get in my car, drive to the gym, mind my own business and lift weights for an hour, then go back home

it's not something you motivate yourself to do or even think about, its just something you do, like brushing your teeth every morning.

and nobody cares if you're skinny or socially awkward, people are too concentrated on their own thing to notice anything else. being in the gym is basically like being alone.

Most people at the gym are too wrapped up in themselves and their gainz. Don't worry about them.

Set goals, learn self discipline and learn about yourself to get over anxieties. Start slow. Yoga is good for this. Maybe pick an endurance activity like cycling. Suffer until the endorphins kick in.

If I ever met someone respectable like Trump who works hard for the people, how would they perceive me?

That is why I work out, improve my job skills, and am running for local office.

That's actually the right answer. Unfortunately I have a kebab infested gym which is very distracting.

This

Be nice to your spine and don't do crunches, do hanging leg raises instead.

>no such thing as gym etiquette
Found the achmed who leaves plates and shit everywhere

this

if user has a garage or something, just get a barbell and squat rack, start squatting and deadlifting, throw in pushup in place of bench and curls

8-12 is for fags who are afraid of heavy weights, deal with it