FASHWAVE GENERAL

F A S H W A V E GENERAL
GET COMFY

//Foreword//
>More than just a collage of the nostalgic aesthetic belonged to the millennial generation, Fashwave also operates to force classicism free of the post-modernist stranglehold that academic progressives have maintained over it, for a nearly a century. We would be mistaken to claim that the antiquated speculative nature of Fashwave betrays the aesthetic as a thing only predicated on nostalgia. While it might be considered a collage of sorts, stitched together from pieces of 80s and 90s pop-culture; VHS tapes, video game soundtracks, neo-noir landscapes, neon, lasers, synthesizers, streaking brake lights and 8-bit arpeggios—Fashwave only operates modally to subvert the mainstream progressive agenda by way of nostalgic cues to the otherwise uninterested.

>The real strength and fascination of the aesthetic lies in its ability to draw a parallel between what we might call 'anachronistic futurisms;' what ideals were once held for tomorrow and have since fallen either out of favor, out of fashion, or out of plausibility—and icons of western art now so unpopular in mainstream and acceptable media. Anachronistic Futurisms are dreams sublimated into memories.

>By carefully conflating these two ideas we might touch on the birth of a new mannerism: anachronism becomes the mode by which the canons of western thought and artistic enterprise suddenly and altogether vault over the rhetorical barriers that have been set in place by post-modernism, and manned tirelessly by the drones of academia, to re-establish itself as a countercultural force.

>So it was that Piranesi’s Veduta di Roma series painted an image of Rome so fantastical that Goethe himself—a fan of Piranesi’s work—exclaimed his consuming disappointment upon first visiting the city, for it was less impressive than Piranesi’s drawings had led him to dream.

>Let us continue dreaming.

//Additional Context, and Reading List//
>pastebin.com/cG4L0Suv

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E4eCs4twfco[Embed]
youtube.com/watch?v=2cOrdPutSOU[Embed]
youtube.com/watch?v=KVuZ-a9kjKc&t=551s[Embed]
youtube.com/watch?v=sJo0SdUecZQ[Embed]
youtube.com/watch?v=zhCb8Z4OQqc[Embed]
youtube.com/watch?v=dUdrFq0LaGw&list=PLtulLfjaXBN0aPrAQa61pbfXdqqO7EcBD[Embed]
youtube.com/watch?v=rSGnNMnvM6M[Embed]
youtube.com/watch?v=9gnqavgWWqU&list=PLJJbgs-F6xmsVDo6pyG0Dk_wESACG1S94[Embed]
youtube.com/watch?v=Gi9tJ8QoBus[Embed]
youtube.com/watch?v=rwnml285CaM&list=PL_h60bzfy9KV8ibbGWe7xBP8asL5wLHEy[Embed]
youtube.com/watch?v=jECMuzD9BzQ[Embed]
youtube.com/watch?v=egAB2qtVWFQ[Embed]
youtube.com/watch?v=A9ew7glBHy0[Embed]
youtube.com/watch?v=FINwufXxaME
youtube.com/watch?v=aw5bSyWFWOA
youtube.com/watch?v=h4WLX8hfpJw
youtube.com/watch?v=pZChzKnCVx0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

//Neon Reich Audibles//
INCLUDED CONTENT IS CERTIFIED SAUCY
KEEP SEATBELT FASTENED AT ALL TIMES.

ARTIST - CONTENT
>YT LINK

AIRGLOW - MEMORY BANK
>youtube.com/watch?v=E4eCs4twfco[Embed]

ALEX DAVIDSON - MAINFRAME
>youtube.com/watch?v=2cOrdPutSOU[Embed]

DROID BISHOP - BEYOND THE BLUE
>youtube.com/watch?v=KVuZ-a9kjKc&t=551s[Embed]

DROID BISHOP - THE IRRELEVANCE OF SPACE AND TIME
>youtube.com/watch?v=sJo0SdUecZQ[Embed]

DROID BISHOP - ELECTRIC LOVE
>youtube.com/watch?v=zhCb8Z4OQqc[Embed]

DUETTE - BORDERLINE
>youtube.com/watch?v=dUdrFq0LaGw&list=PLtulLfjaXBN0aPrAQa61pbfXdqqO7EcBD[Embed]

FM-84 - ATLAS
>youtube.com/watch?v=rSGnNMnvM6M[Embed]

KAVINSKY - OUTRUN
>youtube.com/watch?v=9gnqavgWWqU&list=PLJJbgs-F6xmsVDo6pyG0Dk_wESACG1S94[Embed]

LOST YEARS - BLACK WAVES
>youtube.com/watch?v=Gi9tJ8QoBus[Embed]

OGRE - 194
>youtube.com/watch?v=rwnml285CaM&list=PL_h60bzfy9KV8ibbGWe7xBP8asL5wLHEy[Embed]

OGRE - 195
>youtube.com/watch?v=jECMuzD9BzQ[Embed]

PilotPriest - WWDKF
>No Link, don't want to go straight to the artist's bandcamp. Google it, it's there and its dank.

TIMECOP1983 - JOURNEYS
>youtube.com/watch?v=egAB2qtVWFQ[Embed]

TIMECOP1983 - REFLECTIONS
>youtube.com/watch?v=A9ew7glBHy0[Embed]

ADDITIONAL ARTISTS
>PERTURBATOR
>IRVING FORCE
>MIAMI NIGHTS 1984
>LE CASSETTE
>NIGHT DRIVER
>ARCADE HIGH

Pic for the lad in the previous thread.

Maybe this thread will get more content creators and less people just posting easily Google-able Greek statues desu

And it with a different background

did this tonight

LOVE

youtube.com/watch?v=FINwufXxaME

Think we could get a lot out of the death Korps of krieg.
Also pray that Trump gets presidency alive. Alot of the Democratic congress ain't coming and it's a little sketch.

Fresh OC

This needs some good neon words...

Mixing vaporwave with classical white antiquity? I can definitely get behind this.

Someone fashwave this

Fashwave daily dose

and this

Hey, I was working on a Varg as well.

I like. What font are you using?

VCR OSD Mono

You faggots need to flashwave this. IT NEEDS TO BE DONE

sorry for the low quality pic i dont have any better. But you get the idea right?

this one is better imo

This is fashwave thing is cringy as fuck. Holy shit the delusion in this description
>Fashwave only operates modally to subvert the mainstream progressive agenda by way of nostalgic cues to the otherwise uninterested
Like you're going to trick people into embracing Nazism by giving Hitler a neon filter.
>ideals were once held for tomorrow and have since fallen either out of favor, out of fashion, or out of plausibility—and icons of western art now so unpopular in mainstream and acceptable media
Because classical art and marble statues are so suppressed and despised by modern media. Jesus Christ, conservatives are neck-and-neck with liberals when it comes to victim complexes.

fuck off outta here then

we think differently than you.

Here is a first attempt

Honestly, I think this is a smart move. It's like making propaganda or make fascism hip.

Instead of shoving it down people's throats, you give them little samples. Catch their attention, give them a light sample, make them curious, and then it grows on them.

Great audience to push this on? Facebook, and girls into kawaii pastel tumblr goth and ravers. It's like de-corrupting the most corrupted of girls.

Not bad... except the text.

literally all the babby's first synthwave

post something decent faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=aw5bSyWFWOA

youtube.com/watch?v=h4WLX8hfpJw

youtube.com/watch?v=pZChzKnCVx0

Heh yea, I think it's pretty weak too. Dont know how to do legit looking logos using GIMP.

thank you so fucking much based user

>guys we could totally turn kids onto Nazism by slapping a VHS filter over Hitler and writing GAS THE KIKES RACE WAR NOW in retrowave fonts
>it would be so subtle

If you add bold things like that it wont work. You need to add more subtle, yet righteous-sounding things.

Also, vaporwave is hip now. Use it as a selling point. If kikes did the opposite with bands and fashion, we can do the opposite.

Someone wave this with "The pulse of a folk, the will of a nation."

this is so fucking autistic

Bro that is the sickest picture I've ever seen

thx bong

I have an art degree and no job...the post

>If kikes did the opposite with bands and fashion, we can do the opposite.
They could do it, because they actually knew subtly and plausible deniability. Nothing in this thread is subtle. You guys lucked out with the Pepe memes, but you're so out of touch, it's embarrassing. Just listen to yourself. "Vaporwave is 'hip', so we can use it to sell fascism." Remember how much Clinton got mocked for saying shit like "Pokemon Go to the polls"? This is your Pokemon Go to the polls.
If you guys want to jack off over fascism and western art with an ironic retro filter, be my guest, but don't delude yourselves into thinking fashwave is anything more than masturbation. You're making shitty art that appeals exclusively to you, not subtle propaganda.

Here's your (you) now go

Most people in these threads understand that this is just for our personal pleasure. Sure, we have the guy who started this and some others who think it'll work to subvert the people, but a lot of us are here because the threads are comfy. I ain't no fascist and yet I still make OC for these things.

If it doesn't go anywhere, then so be it. It'll be another meme that fades away until it comes back ironically. Until that day, I'm going to keep posting in these threads and stay /comfy/.

bump

How do you guys makes these? Any special program needed? Because I dont have photoshop. Can I do this in ms word?

I do support social media threads for these, but without blatant nazi stuff. A reverence and love for our ancestors is something we need to revive, and the upcoming generation is up to here with this extra gender bullshit.

This can play in our favor if done right. Instagram normies are super easy to get to.

Use gimp, it is a free version of photoshop.

trashwave

Why not "protect our past" instead? It's more subliminal because there's less disonance (ancient statue and 'future') and likely to be accepted, while still strongly keeping with nationalist ideology.

this would sound a lot better as "betray not your mothers" but anyways good piece

Art by OP

Thinking about setting up an instagram/twitter for my work. Anyone think this is a good idea?

this is all very good shit
I almost think it's too good for this board

I might set up an insta/twitter as well for my stuff too. But IDK. Not sure if I want to start watermarking my work.

I really need to start a folder of this shit.

The moment you guys put text on this shit, you ruin it.
No kid is going to see DEFEND THE WHITE RACE in pixel text and think "Wow, gassing the kikes sure sounds hip!"
They're going to see it for what it is and go "Oh god now the alt-right is trying to ruin aesthetics."
The best propaganda lets the viewer believe they reached your ideological conclusion by themselves.

You guys rock

lolno

That would be deep seated propaganda which Sup Forums does not have the resources for.

This is fine for our purposes.

yeah I almost think that's part of it though, the verbosity I mean. Just a part of the style is having words there. but maybe you're right. 2bh with a few exceptions I do like textless ones a lot better. and yeah going by what you're saying, this one at least conceptually is really good, allows the viewer to draw connections

Thanks

Alright, I'm tired of black blocks and minimalist art. Here's a fresh Cyber Crusader.

And without Play in the bottom corner

Theres already a couple fashwave accounts on instagram so i say go for it before someone steals yours.

What should I call it?

Good material?

Too explicit.

I do think the word styles communicate the art style in an important way, but if this is expected to convert people it needs to be extremely subtle. People need to be able to come up with their wrong interpretations so that each piece can be passed over as "generally thought provoking," but as a whole genre communicate a message. This also means that if they can be traced back to artists, those artists should not have an obvious agenda outside of their plausibly deniable art themes.

Something subtle like HEY_KIDS_DO_YOU_LIKE_FASCISM_NOW_THAT_WEVE_GIVEN_IT_THIS_COOL_HIP_NEON_FILTER1488

I made a trumpwave thread but I got last page'd pretty quickly. I'll put this here for your enjoyment

I dont know, but when you create one just search for fashwave and follow the other accounts for more traction

I need this without the shitty mspaint behind trumpu.

My background needs some work,

Holy fuck, are you still bitching about how much you don't like the idea? Do you literally have nothing to do with your pathetic waste of a life that you need to autistically sperg out on a thread you genuinely do not care about, or are you literally that much of a special snowflake that you think your pathetic opinion actually matters?

Degenerates like you deserve the rope.

1. It's OC
2. Fuck you
3. Always save things as PSDs so when dicks want a specialized version so they can get it

Post reaction images that you want inducted into the Neon Reich, I'm bored

Stole the concept of this from someone on /k/ who is apparently making a patch of something similar. But I don't want to wait.

To make it seem more retro try making the swastika a little bit bigger and have pieces of it behind the tree

Oh, I know you. Fuck off back to tumblr where you belong.

Hottest threads on Sup Forums right now

who says it's supposed to be about converting people? this is post-postmodernism. it's a cultural movement.

If the swastika was its own layer that would be simple, but I used a png of the Afrika Korps logo so this is all I care to do right now. Redrawing things with clone stamp is never fun.
Might completely revamp later.

Thoughts?

I like this one. It's subtle yet very effective.

gentlemen i have a special request. I live in West Palm, and i was wondering if you could shoop a beach/shoreline under the swastika i'd make it my wallpaper. its phenomenal work you guys are doing, keep it up

exactly like your picture, just with the ocean in the ackground

First attempt. Any tips?