How would the general public and government, respond to an approaching black hole?

How would the general public and government, respond to an approaching black hole?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3mbBbFH9fAg
youtube.com/watch?v=JvanTLQGHiA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Stop being holephobic #notallblackholes

let it in, give it welfare, praise its barbaric culture

Black holes don't move lad.

try invite it into their country

geez, sheer terror? how much heads-up?

Melancholy movie.

i would just find the nearest girl who isnt related to me and tell them the situation and bang.. thats a normal response

Shit joke 2bh

wouldn't we be dead by the time it somehow arrived to our system

Everything moves. Nothing is stagnant (yet)

You are wrong but there is a little truth in that statement. Black holes don't patrol the universe hunting for things to swallow, they move as much as stars do, that is through gravity.

Wouldn't give a shit because i know what's going to happened and I'll probably live if it doesn't hit where i am.
Everyone else will freak out like they always do

tell me more dad

Is your mother's ass gonna to visit us or something?

if two things move apart faster than light they can move toward each other faster than light

(Eisenstein theorem)

it'd be one huge drug orgy

>...If it doesn't hit where I am
You mean our solar system?

ill move to the forest in lapland so i will be same

get fucked city black hole cucks

>if it doesn't hit where i am.

Even black holes know Australians are shit posters

The massive turd I left in the toilet is now stagnant

They twerk

Black holes can't "approach". This thread is moot.

Trump will build a wall to contain it, and Alpha Centauri is going to pay for it

Probably launch the best lifeboat to the nearest star with an identified possible habitat planet.

Problem is radiation and build time, prob won't make it.

With EM drive it would be possible now in generations though.

like so

youtube.com/watch?v=3mbBbFH9fAg

Exponentially slower.

there is nothing we can do to stop it, so it's going to be anarchy till it wrecks us.

You never know when a black hole may swallow up the earth and kill you so take out this consumer loan quick goy.

>if it doesnt hit where i am
Hearty fucking kek

How will it be decided who gets to board this "lifeboat" and who gets left behind?

i always thought they were interesting, i wish we knew more about them

Go spread your beliefs somewhere else you racist prick #blackholesmatter

Under rated AF senpai.

There's at least one at the centre of Andromeda approaching us right now. What are you trying to say?

Good goy.

Give it money

nope

Fill it with BBCs

well the fact that no ones ever been through one it'll be a learning experience maybe we'll be lucky enough to all be enslaved by mutant carnivorous plant girls who appear as sweet and innocent but are still vicious predators who prey on mankind it'll be a win win situation we all get to die and become slaves to an alien species they get to rape us all.
PS. the plant girls are really weed plants.

This is the only correct answer.

Although, to be fair, we wouldn't really notice the time dilation effect.

said; Nope.

Anyone observing us from the outside would, though.

"Diversity" quotas :^)

>black hole
>approaching

Burger education

Futile attempt.

First of all, we haven't succeeded in building a self sustaining habitat yet, even in the best conditions. Even with some cheating (adding new materials from outside when needed), the small biosphere required to sustain humans fails.

Secondly, we have no idea what happens outside the solar system (we havent been to interstellar space yet, with the limited exception of the voyager probe), for all we know we are surrounded by stuff that would smash up any attempt at interstellar travel.

Tbh the government, in collaboration with the scientists who discover it, will probably try to cover it up. There's no reason to let the world as they see it slip into complete chaos because as soon as they let it spill everything falls apart because people are going to stop giving a fuck about everything once they realize we're completely doomed with no hope.

On the flipside the interior of a black hole could be superdimensional and full of beings and a reality and physics full of things and simulations we can't even understand as is and be an entirely new world for us to inhabit.
We're not outrunning a fucking black hole's gravity well. Unless you've got something that can go .9999999c which will make ever so slight progress, if it's close enough to the situation OP brought up, we're fucked with no escape.

It would happen so fast that we wouldn't even realize.

Where do you live m8

I'll fight you in real life

Where was this picture taken

pathetic responses boys.

reddit tier

Yeah. In 4 billion years.

It would only take one phone call to save the earth.

#blackholesmatter

doesn't time stretch out eternally while you're slipping past the event horizon

I always assume the 'bottomless pit' from the bible is something related to black holes

What a stupid leaf question

I hope a black hole comes because nothing would hoover leafs up faster than a black hole.

What do you expect. Most of the cunts on pol and b are thoes fuck heads now.

What if we create and anti gravity "submarine" that can withstan being in the black hole? Then the only problem would be the freezing cold temperature of the hole

Your mom's whereabouts is not political discussion.

We're already being pulled into something at 14,000,000 MPH, guess we'll find out eventually.

Embrace the inevitable, we're being consumed to start a new life in another universe elsewhere

There is no life

in the void

only

death.

youtube.com/watch?v=JvanTLQGHiA

>I'll probably live if it doesn't hit where i am
10/10

That is fucking racist!
The black hole didnu do nuffin
Its white dwarf stars that make force them to. White dwarf stars were born privileged with less mass to overcome. Black holes have so much mass from the universal society that they can't overcome it.

In our final days we should sign a petition to send reparations to the black holes.

I would sell my BLACKED.com stocks.

hang my head, drown my fear till you all just disappear I guess

>There's at least one at the centre of Andromeda
The whole galaxy is moving towards us and at the rate at which it's going it will reach us in million of millions of years and won't do much harm.

No, even if we do discover something like an anti-graviton, which given our current understanding wouldn't make sense since its own antiparticle, we would need to generate the necessary amount of energy to keep the near-infinite gravitational potential energy at the singularity from crushing us, which would probably require something on the order of the size and mass of another black hole, or I guess a "White Hole?" in this case.

So no, that's completely impossible and out of the bounds of physically realizable reality.

There are models that predict that black holes can be expelled from their galaxies, so there is absolutely the possibility of black holes roaming the universe at great speeds.

I have no idea how humanity would react, but i imagine it would involve mass looting and killing followed by army intervention and a subsequent police state.

Come to think of it, tricking the public into believing that such an event was occurring would be a great way to usher in the new world order.

Before it happens we should find a way to turn our sun into a red giant so it explodes inside the black hole

PS Allah be praised.

>That is fucking racist!
>The black hole didnu do nuffin
>Its white dwarf stars that make force them to. White dwarf stars were born privileged with less mass to overcome. Black holes have so much mass from the universal society that they can't overcome it.
>In our final days we should sign a petition to send reparations to the black holes.

ahahahahahahahah

Considering people are talking about the eventual Andromeda-Milky Way Collision, how big and ridiculous would the collision of the two supermassive black holes at their centers be?

I know there was the one at LIGO observed last year but I get the feeling that something like that would absolutely dwarf that in terms of energy and violence.

Poor little white dwarf star.

How does it feel to know your solar systems are drawn to a real stellar body?

>eventual

colliding black holes would cause the explosion of 6 million supernovas

Overall not much. There is a shit ton of space in....well space. Most things will pass by each other. The two black holes at the center will merge with each other and the rest of the milky way and Andromeda galaxies would combine and orbit it in a new galaxy.

>6 million

At last Moloch will have his revenge!

Probably bait, but the sun first of all can't supernova as it lacks the mass, and secondly even if it didn't would lose so much mass to the black hole siphoning it off over time that it would lack the sufficient mass to initiate a supernova anyway.

Besides, the gravitational pull of a black hole in the vicinity of a supernova would make the supernova bland and boring and completely unspectacular, the explosion would be completely contained as the massive gravity acting on the star would pull all of its mass toward the black hole and prevent any major disruption. A black hole is essentially indestructible and immovable outside of the forces of other black holes.

Are you saying our white dwarf star is going to get BLACKED?

Well yes I get that it won't effect us much considering we're at the literal edge of the galaxy, but just imagine being within even thousands of lightyears of it, like the LIGO detector detected something like a 29 solar mass black hole and a 32 solar mass black hole colliding and it emitted horribly massive amounts of gravitational radiation that were even detectable, meaning that the amount of energy released was ungodly, beyond small multiples of supernovae even, now just imagine supermassive black holes colliding, and think about what the equivalent would be in supernovae, it's likely going to be the largest, most significant cosmic event in our local area of the universe.

Posts like this just show that this place is reddit-lite.

If the Heat Death Hypothesis or what OP's saying are true then we're all going to get BLACKED

Shoot it.

LIGO detects gravitational waves. So yes when they collide they will release massive gravitation waves. Depending on the distance you might be able to observe it.

That looks fake as fuck.
I ain't no scientist but shouldn't it have a bright band of light around it?

If I fall into a black hole and ejaculate as soon as I reach the event horizon would I come at the speed of light?

The only black hole that everyone ITT has to worry about is the one in your girlfriend left by Jamal dribbling with cum

Joke's on you.

Black holes are a Chinese hoax.

That's a simulation of a black hole.
No one has ever got a photo of a black hole.

his point is that black holes aren't stationary, tards

>if it doesn't hit where i am

right here senpai

Kek.

new home for refugees!

it's literally impossible to take pictures of an actual black hole for obvious reasons

> it doesn't hit where i am.
Just had to fucking walk out of my office.
Dammit strayan shitposters