People seriously overestimate the power of the president over there huh

People seriously overestimate the power of the president over there huh

Other urls found in this thread:

itv.com/news/update/2017-01-20/protester-screams-in-agony-as-trump-sworn-in/
youtube.com/watch?v=E7oMBq1vkCM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_federal_executive_orders_13489_and_above
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sums it up pretty well, THO

What an ugly women.

They really do. He's the single most powerful person in the country (probably the world) but all of congress combined has the power to fuck his shit up and not let him do anything truly detrimental.

they think their country is the world.

>leader of the free world

i too thought it was a nu-man

Not as ugly as my spelling.

honestly it bums me out. any american that thinks the country rises and falls on the whims of one man is not only underestimating america they are underestimating themselves.

we are not germany
we are not iran
we are not iraq
we are not zimbabwe

one person cannot control the country.

This is why I voted for Trump. It will be a fun 8 years.

True. The presidency is mostly ceremonial at this point. Give it another hundred years and POTUS will probably have about as much influence as the queen of England does not.

Real power is in the hands of the permanent civil service.

>sitting cross legged at an even like this

Jesus Christ these people really are mentally 12 years old.

THAT THINGS A GUY ???

these are the same people who think the popular vote matters in a presidential election. they literally don't understand how our government works.

ironically, any abuses of power that Trump might be guilty of in the future will be because progressives spent the last couple hundred years destroying the separation of powers and check on executive power.

>True. The presidency is mostly ceremonial at this point.

That's ridiculous. The presidency is extremely powerful, almost as powerful as Congress. If anything, it's gone way too far over the last 50 years or so.

Did they just assume his gender

I can't believe the tantrums these leftists are throwing. It's fucking embarrassing seeing grown adults scream like children when they don't get their way. Destroying their own cities for a difference of political opinion.

The only good liberal is a dead liberal. The left need to be destroyed.

Ha!
Fuck yeah.
We Vader nao!

your second point is pretty accurate but your first is contextually wrong.

the executive branch has been on a track of claiming more and more powers through "rule making" and "executive orders"

its been a problem for the last few decades.

I AM HARD

The few 12-year-olds that I know have much more dignity and class.

The fact that anyone would watch that and think that is normal is why trump is president. She needs help

I'm starting to think liberals are actually mentally retarded in some fashion. This person's reaction is totally inappropriate for the situation. You fall on your knees and scream when a loved one dies in a terrible accident, not when someone has a different opinion than you.

Exactly the opposite. FDR, Truman, or Eisenhower had more power in their pinky finger than anyone alive today, and certainly more than any recent president.

Somebody needs to put her in shackles and bring her to the Pence zyklon showers

were you alive in 2008? you have to be 18 to post here.

well...the Democrats NEEDED the Presidency because republicans controlled all other branches.

Now Republican control everything, and really can do some things with no one there to veto it.

>lives in a completely irrelevant 3rd world shithole
>discusses american politics

Fucking kek, there's not a comedy piece on Earth that has gotten more laughs out of me than this election

theme song for 2017
youtube.com/watch?v=E7oMBq1vkCM

FDR and Truman were exceptional circumstances, though, with the Great Depression, WWII, and its immediate aftermath. Could say the same about Eisenhower with Korea.

The idea that the presidency is "mostly ceremonial at this point" is completely delusional. He dominates the country's foreign policy, executive orders allow him to basically enact domestic policy to a limited extent without Congressional consent or interference, the EOP acts pretty much entirely independently of Congress....

It's certainly nowhere near FDR, but I'm talking only about the last 50 years (since Johnson).

>when ugly lesbians lose it

Be careful there, non. You are speaking to your own nations future there.

A formerly prosporous colony, defeated democratically through ethnic resettlement.

>the executive branch has been on a track of claiming more and more powers through "rule making" and "executive orders"

They're a joke. Read through these, I'm sure you'll see what I mean.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_federal_executive_orders_13489_and_above

State dominates US foreign policy. The president either does as State wants him to, or senior officials "leak" to the New York Times, and beat him around the ears a little until the president relents and lets them do what they've already decided their going to do. Obama's experience in Syria demonstrates this pattern perfectly.

Once the president's approval rating falls below about 30%, the civil services just ignore him completely. For example, Bush had about as much influence on US foreign policy in 2008 as the president of Madagascar.

Very effective. See how Trump was affected. See how I am affected.

It's genuinely sad to see how pampered and overly-emotional these people are. Lord knows what would happen to them if an ACTUAL fascist was in charge.

South Africa was always minority white, except for very early on in its history with the voortrekkers

Bitch just became a meme

Why are all these people so pitiful? I doubt anyone on Sup Forums would have had a 2 month temper tantrum of LITERALLY CRYING WHILE PEEING MY PANTS if Trump had lost. How do they have so little mental strength? It baffles me.

These people are children.

>Woman

Questionable.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

>woman

These people have no idea how privileged they were to have a chance to be in DC and witness the inaugural ceremony. Regardless of who you wanted in office, you should be honored to witness such an even live.

A preview of Trump's Amerika?

I love shit like this

Do these two have the same mental disease?

How many do you have chained up in your basement?

Hacking American election was the best thing ever guys. You keep delivering.

yea all those cubans are cracking up right now...

The thing that strikes me the most about these liberal types is how they all have the same look. They all look ugly, frail and degenerate, like some weird, unhealthy offshoot of humanity. They really don't look like normal, healthy human beings.
Couple that with their weak psyche and overwhelming sense of self-importance, and you have some of the worst people on earth.

I mean, look back 8 years when Obama was first elected. Sure, you had conservatives who hated him, and they kept harping on the whole birth certificate thing. But it was nothing like this. There were no riots. There were no mental breakdowns. People weren't crying and screaming in the streets.

>THAT THINGS A GUY ???
>The woman, sitting cross-legged

Are you illiterate?

Ty, Vladimir Vladimirisch Valdimirkovich
Keep up the good work

>ironically, any abuses of power that Trump might be guilty of in the future will be because progressives spent the last couple hundred years destroying the separation of powers and check on executive power.
You don't even have to go that far. In Obama's last days of presidency he signed a law that allows every intelligence agency access to the NSA treasure trove of data. Reasoning?
>if we allow it now, that means Trump can't allow it later!
Aka.
>if we scrap every shred of privacy and due process now then that means Trump can't do it!
Aka.
>if we kill you now then Trump can't kill you when he's POTUS!

This whole shit is ass-backwards and I'm increasingly optimistic about Trump's presidency because maybe he'll throw a wrench in the hamster-wheel of American bureaucracy.

This is so satisfying to watch kek

>liberals convinced themselves Trump really is Hitler
LOL

Yes - liberalism.

> the woman
Holy fuck, I was sure its just some ugly male.

>pic related

JAPANESE MOOT WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

>8 years
We'll make it a dynasty. MAGA.

>The president either does as State wants him to, or senior officials "leak" to the New York Times, and beat him around the ears a little until the president relents and lets them do what they've already decided their going to do

Unless it's all been luck so far I don't think Trump is gonna have that problem

They are the same thing these days, high estrogen emotional idiots

>this is a symbol of America under the tyranny of Trump

>itv.com/news/update/2017-01-20/protester-screams-in-agony-as-trump-sworn-in/

L O L

I have become erect.

Here ya go

I mean, he lost the popular vote. Rather significantly.

It depends on whether people still give a crap about the Times or not. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows that the entire civil services (with the possible exception of the FBI) plus the Times, CNN, NBC, etc. are all aligned against Trump. If his public approval rating falls below 30%~ as a consequence, he'll have about as much influence over the next four years as Bush did in 2008: zilch. This is the true meaning of the term "lame duck presidency".

With LBJ, it was still debatable whether the president had more power than the Times. in 1973, when it became an officially mandated legal protection for senior civil service officials to work directly against the president by "leaking" to the Times, it became clear which of the two actually has more power to direct US foreign policy. POTUS has been declining in influence ever since.

Of course, the press has done a great job to convince the public that it's actually the opposite, that caesaropapism has actually been on the rise. The presidents job is to act like he's running the show, and the civil services are perfectly happy to assist him in pretending. Serves both of their purposes nicely; it's a win/win for both of them.

>co-worker turns to me, says trump is going to 'take away all the gay rights'
>I say, 'which rights, specifically?'
>he stares at me

I wish a bird had come along and dropped a bomb of shit right down her throat.

He's transitioning into a woman and he just realized that he can never get his penis back.

>I mean, he lost the popular vote. Rather significantly.

>he lost the thing that doesnt matter because our system is specifically designed to prevent a canidate winning with just a plurality in order to prevent the tyranny of the majority

so?

also

>significantly

nope.

The right to buttsex, you bigot!

kek

No one was throwing literal hysterical tantrums and the media certainly weren't giving anti-Obama people the "Wow, rly makes u think, huh..." treatment these people get.

The president CAN be ineffectual given the circumstances.

But Trump's in a position of actual power
>Favorable House & Senate
>Gonna be picking a fucking supreme court justice (maybe 2 depending on how shit goes)
>All of his cabinet picks are bloated businessmen that barely know shit about the topics of their positions

The man himself may be just a loud talking head, but he's still able to do real damage to things with what few choices he really makes.

Not sure that's possible, since he has launch codes and a 90 day window to use the Marine Corps however he wants.

I wish.

YAMERO!

Found the filthy liberal.

>*autistic screeching

Don't you assign your own pronouns, PLEASE.

Yes. A gigantic forehead and pygmy nose.

this. congress will continue doing their jobs, department heads and staff will continue doing their jobs and the white house administration and advisors will continue doing their jobs.

slavery isnt coming back, the kkk isnt coming back and there isnt going to be a mass slaughtering of gays, trannies, handicapped, liberals or anything.

it's kind of invogorating that we have a leader who won't mince his words and has a let's-just-get-it-done business mentality.

I like you.

Normally ya but he has a republican congress to back him now

Ya'll are bastards.

Somebody jacks Dr. Stephen Hawking 's wheelchair and you are all laughing at him.

The last time a president lost the popular vote that badly, and still was elected to office, was 140 years ago.

Public opinion matters, becomes the legitimacy of the sovereign (i.e., the civil services) rests on the matter of public opinion. That's the political formula, the Schelling point that USG has built itself around.

My guess is that Trump and the Republicans will flail around a bit, cause some damage, and then get BTFO in 4 years, at which point anything they "accomplished" will be immediately reversed. The conservative SCOTUS picks will surely help mitigate our slow decent into a communist third-world shithole, but the long run trend is clear.

Well, that's just great...

leftism is literally a disease, it breaks the victim both mentally and physically

I doubt they will 'flail' around. They have control of the house, senate, and executive branch...

Do you think they'll hold both congress and senate come 2018?

I've heard that it's gonna be hard for Dems to take back the senate, but that congress could be possible.

And there is precedent for the president losing the house in the first two years.

>They have control of the house, senate, and executive branch...

Just like in 2006. So much for that. What does Sup Forums think? Have we become more progressive, more "degenerate" since then, or less?

You mean as in /pol itself or America?

Maybe not in 2018, because it's hard to get minorities out to vote in a non-presidential election.

But in 2020, most Americans are going to be convinced that Trump was an unmitigated disaster. Of course, this will be in part because the civil services, Times, CNN, etc., will have been struggling as hard as possible to make it look like a disaster. Whether or not it actually is, is not relevant. People will be ready for a return to "responsible" government, AKA a democratic president and congress. And so it will go, democratic presidents for ever more, at least until the next peasant revolt.

True, but they have 2 years. Trump does not seem to be big on red tape and talk so perhaps it will be action instead.

Republicans will definitely hold the House, probably the Senate. Midterm years favor the Republicans.