Who else /poor/ here?

Who else /poor/ here?

You can only post in this thread if you are a young person who rents a room in a house with other people and works a minimum wage job and is terrified of getting fired.

I'm trying to pull myself out of poverty but it's damn hard.

Am I just a failure or are a lot of young people having a hard time? I heard we've set a new record of young people still living with their parents.

I blame over population, we simply don't have the capability of productively managing this many people.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CVEuPmVAb8o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Im 19 and barely able to pay rent. Before my current job, I was fucking rolling in it though. im a barber

121V6QMZ5PKbzri3qq4VFahtRSWbLRftZj
gib moni pls

it makes sense living with parents since you can save some money,otherwise you're spending it all on living expenses

rolling in what?

how did you have money with no job?

>I blame over population, we simply don't have the capability of productively managing this many people

not only that, but it's supply and demand.

When the supply of workers rise because of baby booms because of good food and medicine and sanitary cities, the value of the workers goes down.

literally living paychech to paycheck here. i dont blame anyone else but myself

700€ a month and I was fine
500 for reasonably nice appartment + everything else
200 for food.
need nothing have everything at home
what's to complain tell me?

America has social mobility worse than pretty much all of Europe. The American Dream is aptly named. The only worthwhile strategy for getting rich and succesful in the US is having rich and succesful parents.

the difference between you and hitler is hitler blamed other people

I don't believe for a second that you have a nice apartment for 500 euros.

Well clearly he was correct. Germany went from being one of the poorest countries in Europe to by far the wealthiest just prior to WW2, and all he did was kick the Jews out of banking and media.

Never having the means to pursue education, personal enterprise, or a family?

If he has the time to stand around holding a sign, he has the time to study or pursue some other productive activity to improve his lot in life

Living in a first world country is not hard

Why not?

How to not be poor (USA edition):

-Downgrade your expectations of a living situation, rent a room in someone's house (might require doing all the housework) if you have to. Don't live out of your car or in a tent innawoods, those are pitfalls.
-Work under the table + part-time to avoid taxes, implant yourself as a handyman or a janitor somewhere.
-Save money every pay cycle, spend as little as possible on food.
-Hit up a church/food pantry for free groceries if you can, spend as little as possible on food.
-Work as locally as possible, drive only for necessities. Uber might be cheaper than keeping a car if you only need it for a couple trips a month.
-Stay sober.

That is all.

studying while homeless is not easy.

I've been homeless, everyone wants to fuck with you constantly when they no you are shit out of luck.

>Used to work retail
>Work a billion hours a week for minimum wage to get screamed at by niggers because I won't take their refunds without a reciept
>Place gets shut down, move on to an office
>Actually start making a respectable paycheck
>Workplace is 70% women, they won't get the sand out of their fucking vagina and get along
>Get laid off
>Had to fight with unemployment for a month to get unemployment
>Can't get shit for college grants or loans despite applying for every single fucking one under the sun
>Can't get any kind of any welfare or food stamps because they consider what piddly college loans I do get as a part of my income
>I lost my perfect job that let me work and go to school
>Nobody will hire me because of my insane college schedule
>No part time work will pay enough to keep a roof over my head
>Every day feels like one day closer to the end when everything will come crashing down
>Car is a piece of shit that constantly breaks down every other week and it's cheaper to keep fixing the stupid fucking thing then buy a new one
>Parents have absolutely zero sympathy and won't try to help or let me move back in for a little while

I'm not even getting a meme degree. I'm going for Biochem so I can go to med school.

that's a guide on how to survive being poor

>he isn't a NEET

only government utter suckers have it good.

except remaining poor doesn't involve saving money ya goof

obviously, you work your way up from there.

I was on that plateau for 6 years before I could afford to relocate and participate in setting up a company.

I'm going to be a doctor next year. You should have been less stupid.

Learn a trade. I'm still earning min wage at 23, it took me until now to realise it's me that's the problem and to have a good life requires either effort and patience, or a silver spoon. Stop blaming it on other people.

>working for minimum wage

why?

When I had zero work experience, zero resume, zero certifications and no education other than HS I still got a job for $10/hr at Outback Steakhouse (min wage $7.25 in my state) and they scheduled me for 50-60 hours a week getting $15/hr for the OT...

If you have to just fucking lie on your Resume and put some friends down as managers at your last job. Better than being a fucking cuck at McDonalds.

You are just a failure. It is so very not hard to work a minimum wage job, two if you want your own place, and still take online classes to eventually get a position that you will be able to live comfortably on, and that's a nightmare scenario. Anyone who thinks it's hard to get by in the US is an irredeemable piece of shit.

This is a lie. I'm a first generation American, and I'm going to start an 80k/year job. My dad was a poor taxi driver and he saved for 20+ years and now he's practically a millionaire. All non-nigger immigrants can be middle class in 5-10 years.

>>Car is a piece of shit that constantly breaks down every other week and it's cheaper to keep fixing the stupid fucking thing then buy a new one
Paying $140/mo lease for a brand new civic. Surely that's better than paying the mechanics to put sawdust in your engine?

No one with an average IQ makes minimum wage. If you get minimum wage, you fucking deserve it for being an idiot.

>25
>Barred from the state from working due to mental illness
>Denied 6 times for SSI
>Google call center customer service training
>Health insurance assistance trained
>Survey sampling training
>Deescalation specialty trained
>Supervisory experience running a 15 person team
>Gold standard customer service training from 3 fortune 500 companies
>6th most qualified and valuable call center employee in my state
>Within the top 200 in the country
>NOBODY WILL HIRE ME BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT TO PAY ME WHAT I'M WORTH

How can someone who's overqualified be turned down?
That just doesn't make sense.

Go into construction or trades

you are young, learn, it will pay off

Read the cal newport book. It'll change your life.

What's a doctor doing shitposting on here? If your a doctor next year that means you have been studying for 10 years.

I fix my own car, I'm the only one my age who does sadly

>omg you mean I have to spend an afternoon I could be spending playing video games to fix my car when I could just pay some guy three times the price to do it for me GAAAAWD

That is a real argument I've heard from a friend.

>poor taxi driver
>poor waitress

I fucking hate these memes... both of these jobs pay shitloads with no qualifications in the right place and you can sleeze most of it tax free

Get a loan and trade stocks.

Your blame is correctly placed.

Over population after a brutal world war was bound to happen.

Now what are you going to do about it? Are your genes too weak to make it over the economic crash?

That shit happened to me when I tried to get a job at McDonalds when I was a teenager.

>Interview four times at three different McDonalds
>Finally ask the woman what I'm doing wrong to not get the job
>She bluntly tells me it's because I'm in college and they want losers they can work into the ground forever

I love Indiana sometimes, we don't give a shit out here

Fours years college, two basic science med school, two years clinical rotations. Funny what actually giving a shit about academics can accomplish.

>You can only post in this thread if you are a young person who rents a room in a house with other people and works a minimum wage job and is terrified of getting fired.

Im all of that but im 32 and got fired 3 weeks ago with no savings.

Life is good.

Bullshit the post.

My family was lower middle class and I still got 50% pell grants and the other 50% was government loans that had 0% interest while you are in school.

All you do is fill out a goddamn FAFSA and you are 100% guaranteed to get enough money to pay for room, board and classes. Then you can work fucking 10 hours a week or sell some pot for pocket money like everyone else.

Stop fucking lieing you probably flunked out now they won't give you anymore money to piss into the wind.

Fucking this, Jesus Christ. Fellow Medbro here.

>Have a 3.8 GPA right now
>Keep in contact with all the teachers
>Buy extra books about my subject when I have the money
>Omg you're so smart user how do you do it

IT'S CALLED TAKING THE FUCKING TIME TO ACTUALLY PAY ATTENTION IN CLASS, TAKE THOROUGH NOTES, NOT TEXTING THE WHOLE FUCKING TIME AND ACTUALLY STUDYING ON THE WEEKEND INSTEAD OF GETTING SHITFACED EVERY SINGLE NIGHT BECAUSE "wooo friday xD look at me be happy that i no longer have to do what im paying money for xD lol"

I keep getting told it's because I'm "overqualified". A standard agent they can pay 7.25 at part time hours but me they have to pay 10 and I usually ask for full time.

According to my local DWS they tell me because of my qualifications an employer would need to pay me 15 to keep within state regulations.

So I'm trying to understand this. If you want more money you need to be more qualified but if you're too qualified you can't get hired.

Who thought this was a good idea?

Syrian checking in (non-refugee).

I'm superior to all of you worthless faggots lol.

Every single bit of money they gave me went right the fuck into paying for school and I got MAYBE 100-200 back in pocket money per semester.

Not everyone has the same fucking situation as you.

If you're terrified of getting fired, then you're probably a shit employee tbqh. Also explains why you have a minimum wage job. You should take a step back to reflect on your work ethic.

Dude even fucking Wal-Mart has a $10/hr minimum wage. Get your shit together instead of anime posting all day.

>24
>rent a room with someone else
>minimum wage job

Yep, that's me. However, if I actually applied myself, I can find good work with decent pay. Stop blaming everything but yourselves, it's disgusting.

i survived university only with the financial help of my parents. still had to work in a "450-euro-job". and in germany we don't even have those gigantic tutition fees like in the us. i really dont know how you guys in america can study without having rich parents. is there even a way?

This desu

If your labour is so worthless you ain't even worth the basic wage your employer pays you, there is something seriously wrong with you.

You are young, go work in construction, it will pay better, and you will learn a trade that later on will pay marvelously

But Sup Forums told me the US is the greatest richest nation in the world!

How is this possible? You are probably lying or you're a lazy communist.

Nope, just take out massive loans that will never be repayed. As you fall into a pit of debt and hopelessness.

With the only solutions obvious to you joining ANTIFA and smashing shit until government absolves you of your loans.

How about you learn to work on a fucking car?

You went to a fucking horrible school then that is robbing you blind.

let me guess private school or out of state?

no pity.

Also biochemistry is for dumbasses that can't do math to get a chemistry degree

Merbromin checking in here. This. You can even get scholarship if you pay attention and stop being a degenerate when you should be learning

>not a canadian in this thread

I GUESS THAT'S CAUSE /FREESCHOOL/

you know how to work on a car

start looking there, maybe you'll get hired as a mechanic somewhere or some shit

This. Don't want to get fired? Work hard, be reliable and don't act up. Simple as that.

Credit, bro. Take a loan and build a business.

??

I'm going to my school in town not even 20 minutes away from me.

Once again - Not everyone has the same situation you dense retard.

19 here, plan on dragging myself up through police academy. Networking like a motherfucker will do you good.

>taxi driver
>waitress

>pay "shitloads"

k

I don't make minimum wage (thank god) but it doesn't really help now that I have to pay my own car insurance on top of rent. Otherwise I could start saving a ton of money.

Oh well, still better than the NEETdom I was facing last year

t. 24 year old fag in LA

start lying on thos applications say you're mixed race or latino just like a real lightskinned one, I mean if Shawn King can parade around like the palest nigger with just a dumbass haircut and pencil goatee you can manage to get a tan and let your hair and stubble get scraggly looking. also dress in flannel tucked into your blue jeans and dad tennis shoes.

Any poor trade-anons out there to make me feel better about not getting one?

This man has the right idea, become a part of government, or at least work for it.

The military were insulated even during the Soviet purges.

You will get special privilege, access to secret information, and not be treated like a common fucking peasant.

If you want to succeed and make sure the government boot doesn't end up on your throat then become a part of government.

You should all run for congress.

They are literally robbing you blind.

Government loans cover room, board and tuition and if you live off campus with no meal plan you are supposed to get a rebate for the cost of dorms + meal plan

Either your parents are taking that money (probably since they cosigned for you) or the school is but either way you are getting fucked in the ass

>rich beware
>believes in a system that require taxing the rich to function

Fuck, I think I'll try that then. At least the lying part.

Mid-twenties, haven't lived with my parents since I was 16. Signed off on that shit on my own.

How many times do I have to say it?

>You can only post in this thread if you are a young person who rents a room in a house with other people and works a minimum wage job and is terrified of getting fired.

I got laid off shortly after graduating university. Couldn't get work within my field because a B.S. isn't worth anything AND I don't have experience., meaning that even if I go back and get my M.A. / PhD I'll still be unemployable unless I lie on my resume.

I got a job doing manual labor by lying and saying I didn't graduate college. In debt. working and renting a room. Life is fucked.

>Work under the table + part-time to avoid taxes, implant yourself as a handyman or a janitor somewhere.

>entry level janitorial position: must have 3 years of experience, own tools and truck.

>work under the table: HABLA ESPANIOL?

Confirmed for roleplaying

my thing about saving money is I don't own enough of anything for an emergency fund, nor go out often. Saving up money doesn't afford me a car or a place to live if I can't afford monthly payments.
So what is there to save up for to help you get out of a shitty spot?

8 times out of 10 it's because the hiring managers are incompetent pieces of garbage. They either see a potential threat in someone competant, or they are so worthless they can't even recognize talent. The other two are because they want long term people and not someone too smart for the job that will get pissed off and disinterested.

>source: hiring manager for several projects of varying skillsets.

I worked in semi nice/nice restaurants for 4 years. Waiters/waitresses averaged about $150-200/night for like 6 hours of """work"""

My buddies girlfriend drives for uber in charleston SC and can make about the same a night

>You can only post in this thread if you give me confirmation bias
FIFY

>Am I just a failure or are a lot of young people having a hard time?
You are the rest of my generation are failures. How the fuck can you not get a job? I see help wanted signs literally everywhere. How the fuck are you scared of getting fired? Do the job requirements. I'm a 26 year old lazy piece of shit with a 2.3 gpa, who technically didn't graduate from college, who has a 6-figure job.

youtu.be/CVEuPmVAb8o

Poor fag here poor because of being a lazy fuck more than anything gonna change my ways this year trumps victory inspired me.

>20 years old
>no job
>live on my own collecting NEET bux
>didnt need a cosigner for my loan

the bullshit just keeps piling up

Doing pretty good on Neetbux, government gives me around 1250 euros a month. On top of that I don't have to repay my student debt and my healthcare insurance is almost entirely covered by government.

>Start working for Target as a stock employee

>Work hard, be respectful, show myself to be reliable

>Get promoted to team leader

>Get promoted to store manager

>Now a district manager, make 80k a year, no college degree. Have more money because I have securities investments that I made with my tax returns every year along with a 401k

>I'm only 35

kek. I've long since learned that anyone who cries about how unfair life is is someone who was too lazy to ever make any real improvement in their own life and expected everything to be handed to them. Fuck them, they'd do the world a favor if they just killed themselves

i have a friend that failed out of community college and he makes 50,000/yr with benefits and paid vacation. worked at a place for less than 2 years before they promoted him to management from hourly.

I feel like part of the problem is that a lot of young people are extremely "soft" or not willing to lower themselves to certain occupations or environments to find work. Like most want to settle on being part-time office assistants or baristas or retail workers or some shit making literally the lowest possible wage in the entire country, and very few of them consider relocation even to a neighboring town.

There are lots of factory jobs all over North America for example that pay well above minimum wage, but many of them have major downsides that a "soft" person wouldn't like, such as intense physical labor, dirty or wet work environments, bad smelling work environments, potentially dangerous work environments (working with tools or chemicals), stuff like that, but where you can make $15-20/hour even with no prior experience. Obviously not the situation you want to be in for your entire life but if your goal is to make money and pay off bills and save towards a home or a car or whatever it's a fine path until you can put your degree to work (if you went to college route).

When I was 20 I took a factory job for $17/hour, by the time I was 22 I was upto $24/hour, at 23 they made me a Production Manager, had my own office, at that point it was mostly administrative and they switched me to salary making $59k/year + full benefits (100% medical/dental/6% retirement fund matching) and then when I was 27 I left and started my own business, 33 now and doing very well.

I have a few good friends who through similar circumstances at different companies. I feel as long as you're not a lazy mouth-breather and actually show initiative and set yourself above your peers through well-timed insight and ambition you can basically manufacture this kind of low-level career climb, but if you're lazy or entitled or stupid then you're kind of fucked unless you get lucky.

>I don't have to ay back my tuition or for my healthcare gais

>I just have to give them half my income for the rest of my life. Not including the taxes I'll pay on anything I buy or register

There really isn't though, all labor jobs pay worse than barista/server jobs unless you are skilled

Waitress with a pretty face can make bank if they can put up with bullshit and put up a pretty smile.

Taxi driver, and now with Uber/Lyft you can definitely make bank(though not Waitress/Stripper tier bank)

>130 iq
>$100k of education
>3.7 in a decent degree
>work about 70 hours a week
>make about $6 an hour

n-not gonna make it senpai

If you lack the qualifications to be successful, you will not be, and should not be. The successful owe you nothing.

Waiting in upperclass restaurants can be highly lucrative.

These are the reasons having sympathy for other is hard. Idiots like myself are literally falling upwards. A friend asked me if I'd work on some web scraping project over the weekend for $3k that he estimated would take 10 hours, but I turned him down because I'm stupid. With all of these opportunities, my compassion is little

Don't me ton how long it took you to get to 80k.

>only 35.

Yeah. Clearly your standards are pretty low.

As long as socialism is here, I get neetbux. Once socialism is gone I can work without paying absurd taxes. I don't pay taxes if goverments gives me everything.

Working for target sounds pretty unfulfilling though

Good detailed post.

This isn't the case in LA (where I live) and most USA cities in the southwest.

Labor market is flooded with hispanics to the point that most low wage jobs prefer or outright require bilingual english / spanish or just spanish. I have been rejected from many jobs because I'm a FUCKING WHITE MALE that doesn't speak spanish.

I didn't believe that 'They are taking our jobs' meme until I experienced it first hand.

This is how multi-culturalism fucks a nation. It will happen to you with mandarin if you aren't careful leaf.

Lol I'm paying a pajeet 10/hr to work on that webs raping project for me.

Already is. Not that bad but california will be western canada in 10-20 years.

80k is respectable dependent on region user. If he's living in any low-medium cost area of the US, that's adequate for a large home, several vehicles and a few acres of land. He also mentions investments all while having no formal collegiate education meaning he still has more mobility should he invest some time into CLEP, avoiding a heavy investment into traditional format.

By all means if he were a first gen immigrant this would be textbook integration and success.

This is the thing, all those low paid shiotty jobs used to be done by the young. It was a right of passage that the middle-class used as a stepping stone to get exoperience for better jobs. And the working class would move up into senior positions of shitty jobs.
Now they are just taken by low-paid immigrants all the way up.
Thus people cannot get the experience needed tjust to get a normal entry level job.

>live in a historically spanish speaking area
>don't learn spanish
>complain because you can't get a job because you aren't qualified
>refuse to move

no pity kid. start taking spanish classes or move

I did this, moved back home for 2 years and lived with parents. Saved money and bought a house with my girlfriend in the south of England, house is tiny and cost £250,000.

I was fortunate to have parents who were happy to have me back in the house and not pay rent; less privileged must be so fucked when trying to buy.

>tfw working with lazy fucks who stand around talking all day about retarded bullshit like UFC and when they see you doing the bare minimum required work they tell you to "slow down man"

So many useless fucks, this is why Filipinos are taking over jobs here in Canada, the worst part is that high paying jobs are full of these lazy FUCKS who got there from connections meanwhile hard working people are stuck in shitty low paying dead end jobs because any decent job is getting 1000+ applicants

> 27 year old
> tried college, dropped out
> end up going to community college, taking auto repair classes
> got a few jobs here and there as a mechanic but nothing had been working till lately
> friend hits me up about a year ago offering me a job working for him at a shop
> been here since, getting paid much lower than minimum wage
> 60 to 80 hours a week
> enjoying myself, live at much more successful brothers house
Work pays the bills and my project car so I'm happy

Family moved herected when u was 3 weeks old with nothing.. so I guess we're climbing the ladder to get fucked more in middle class