United States Secretary of Education

Other urls found in this thread:

deliberatedumbingdown.com/MomsPDFs/DDDoA.sml.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Looks like a teacher.

shes a huge danger to the system. I like trump for a lot of reasons but she's a shit ass candidate who is a real threat.

A good milf

So what's the big thing about her?

I can't watch all of these hearings and the US news is unending garbage.

The US education system is already in complete shambles, it can't get any worse after (((common core))) no matter who takes the reins.

a threat to what? a shitty system that pumps out idiots with no skills whatsoever?

>tfw no mummy billionaire milf gf

How?

God forbid we make schools compete for and earn their funding.

>Pro Common Core
Enjoy drumpfkins. This what you deserve.

Mummy

It doesn't really matter who runs the Dept of Education.

Most suburban schools get 90% of their funding locally and even poor schools get only half of their help from the federal govt.

While other countries it may be an important cabinet post in the USA it is kind of pointless. All they do is have a few schemes to help poorer schools and that's about it.

Her brother made blackwater, the paramilitary group. What is trump planning, or what favors does he owe?

You mean that group Monsanto hired to troll the intertubes and then bought up some years back?

it's been a good pick but seriously we can't let her have the nuclear codes.

>liberals: she's unqualified because she supports the foundation for individual rights

wew

fuck that bitch, show her the fuckin door and put a boot up her ass. even the worst in Sup Forums are better candidates that she could ever be.

She also funded and owns most of blackwater private military, trjmp couldnt trust current security so he bought and paid for his own, digits confirm.

She is just completely unqualified, has no education of her own and it's just illogical to put someone like that in charge of education, our education system is fucked enough without someone like her taking over just because she made a big campaign donation.

based

So just to reiterate, what is it that's wrong with her? I suspect most teachers would have a background of being able to explain it saliently.

She's a private school lobbyist. I think she's a ass choice, but the federal department of education is a complete shitheap, and this should reverse the trend of taking power away from local elected officials and handing it to unacountable out of touch federal employees.

Aames was very qualified with years as a public school admin in chicago, and he was the worst DOE head in our entire history.

>this should reverse the trend of taking power away from local elected officials and handing it to unacountable out of touch federal employees.
Why do you want that? Local property taxes are supposed to fund and control local schools.

No, she's someone who isn't afraid of dismantling the entire public school system. Sounds bad at first, but then you realize: public school systems are already shit. Some are nothing more than daycare for thugs and hoodlums whose parents don't give a fuck. And with the numerous liberal teachers on government payroll protected by powerful unions, you'll eventually realize: this needs to happen.

The voucher program takes money away from these shit public schools and allows parents who actually give a crap about their kids to choose where they get educated: private schools, charter schools, religious schools, etc. Good students who want to learn no longer have to be put with inner city hoodlums who make life miserable for them. DeVos is a supporter of this system, and also wants to do away with all the experimental leftist education nonsense like common core, no-grade bullshit. Back to A, B, C, D, F. If all you do in class is mess around and make it hard for anyone to learn, you deserve an F. Not a number. An F for being a complete failure.

Here's the thing that was good about the right-wing one year ago - they were independent thinking. They wanted policies that were best for the people. Now they will just gobble up whatever shit Trump & Co feed them because of identity politics.

I swear half the people on this board are just as bluepilled and brainwashed as the liberals they hate.

You misunderstand. Lots of educators were completely in favor of cockblocking their local school boards in favor of federal guidelines and regulation, ala common core, federal rules treating more black students being proportionally punished as proof of racism, and other shit like that-- when Aames was in office.

They were so shortsighted that they couldn't imagine someone hostile to their interests running the show.

Thank you, captain non sequitor. Moving on...

What becomes of the schools where no students are left except the pieces of shit? Do you just convert them directly into prisons?

Well that's bullshit.

My parents were both educators. During retirement, they try to help legal immigrants.

She wants to reform education so that schools aren't just grade mills where children learn to memorize and regurgitate information for test scores for public funding to pay for their bloated salaries even though they only work 9 months out of the year.

This makes her the antichrist.

The problem with the public school system is 1) niggers and spics drag down whites and Asians (as explained by Hillary's chief of staff) so they have to do lots of mental gymnastics and toss an incredible amount of money in order to justify why niggers and spics lag behind whites and Asians besides "genetics".

2) American education theory is retarded, and for all the blustering about being more like Finland, where school starts at 7 and Kindergarten is optional, the American educators demand universal pre-K,

Please read this from the old DOE
deliberatedumbingdown.com/MomsPDFs/DDDoA.sml.pdf

You will need to understand what we typically call brainwashing. And if kids these days can't read books then we have nothing to look forward to.

What's people on pol opinion tegarding her policy on guns in schools and her justification? I know the dems didn't do it in 8 years so they have no right to request it but grizzly bears?

What's her policy on guns in school?

I got people yelling and crying at me when I suggested our children might be safer with certain train guns in school. They're fucking stupid.

It was retarded and embarrassing and indefensible, and probably should disqualify her. She's probably not a very smart or sharp woman, but we don't always need people who are smart and sharp. We need someone who is gonna go in there like a wrecking ball. Fuck the DOE.

Thanks bro

Funny thing is I literally went to school in the ghetto where nigs and spics used to sneak guns in by shoving them in their buttcracks (there was a metal detector). Surprisingly, shootings still didn't happen so if a bunch of thugged 19 year old niggers and spics in 9th grade with no firearm training can avoid shooting someone or themselves, then surely, normal children can learn how to safely use handguns.

She said that children need guns in school to defend against grizzly bear attacks.

This woman is fucking BASED.

I seriously hope she abolishes the dept of education so children will actually have a proper education.

Decentralization works.

Might as well. Until they get it in their heads that public schools are a privilege and not a right. Sometimes, a system becomes so damaged that it needs to be destroyed before it can be rebuilt.

Leftist cucks BTFO

PRIVATIZE EDUCATION

Guns for grizzly bear attacks sounds pretty good.

Sure glad in my school we didn't have that kind of problem. Who the hell wants children to have to be afraid of guns?

>shes a huge danger to the system.
That's the point you leaf

Epic post senpai.

Voucher programs are form of corporate welfare. Also private schools can unionize just as easily so you basically end up with the same problem as with public.

Pic related, a staunch supporter of the voucher system and Devos.

>Not charging taxpayers twice (once for tuition, twice for taxes) to educate their children at a private school.
>Corporate welfare.
KEK

The major debate when it comes to education is whether students should be measured by growth, that is their skills now compared to their skills a year ago, or proficiency, that is their skills now compared to a standard level.

Betsy DeVos doesn't know about this debate. She doesn't just not have an opinion, before her confirmation hearings she didn't know about the two sides.

But that is exactly what happens. What are you talking about? Also the wealth goes to the owners of the private schools so it is indeed welfare.

I don't have an opinion about her because I haven't watched her hearings. That being said is there some kind of a problem where teachers can't be good teachers?

Is there a mandate of hers that prevents this?

post more pics of her you faggots

Well she wants to defund public schools and push for private and charter schools with little to no standards or oversight, so yes.

There are other problems as well, such as her claiming she was not on the board of her mother's foundation, and that the 990s for several years showing her as VP of said foundation were clerical errors.

It doesn't have much traction here, but she's stated a desire to move tax money to Christian schools.

She was unaware of the existence of the Individuals with Disabilities Act.

No need to do all this, let's stop being so fucking dramatic. The system is broken but this is in large part due to the fact that schools essentially teach in order to be funded. They don't teach to help an individual grow it's basically conditioning to be able to answer test questions. College on the other hand should not be touted as being for everyone. So instead of using hs to prepare all students for a future in college, the curriculum should be changed to include options for students who aren't college material. I know a shitload of programs like wood work were cut out because our school didn't meet a standardized test benchmark or some shit,which was a real shame since it basically taught the basics of carpentry. No need to send some poor troubled brat straight to A jail cell man.

So what you have to do is explain that. That's th difficult thing about being a teacher. Talk to us like we're little chidlren.

What about the charter schools?
What clerical erroris?
What is the Individuals with Cripple Act?

basically this.

also she's from my state and her brother is Eric Prince, founder of Blackwater/Academi, a fantastic and supremely professional company which was unduly slandered by the media for the whole nisour square incident, despite the fact that it is generally extremely cost-effecient to defer certain non-combat duties to Academi instead of the US military

What I'm trying to say is we should find public schools but change the curriculum to contain basic skill pertinent to jobs that can be acquired without the need for college. Trades are placed in like third place because everyone's assume you either go to college or flip burger the rest of your life.

You're a fucking idiot if you think privatizing education is a good idea.

Schooling is cancerous. Only the elite should have education anyways. After all they are the only ones who bothered to excel in life in the first place.

>You're a fucking idiot if you think privatizing education is a good idea.

>he doesn't want affordable, inexpensive and quality education run by innovative people that have a strong interest in encouraging children to LEARN

Cuck.

The rest could make their own schools.

Many disagree

The system is shit sure, but is that really to say it would be better to not have a public education system at all?
Schools compete, but people who are poor get left with no option. Poor people become stupider, rich people reap more rewards. Class division intensifies.
It's up to y'all how you run your country. I just don't see what benefit abolishing public education truly has to the masses. Privatize it by all means, if you can afford an epic education then do it but why rape the poor of what little the have to begin with?

Is there something specific that keeps you from reading books?

Charter schools are essentially voluntary public schools. They receive tax funding but are run privately. If run well they can be beneficial, since they don't have to interact with bureaucracy, but they also have little to no oversight, which can mean lowered standards and uneducated students. DeVos doesn't want to hold charter schools accountable, which would exacerbate those problems.

In the hearings Senator Hassan asked if DeVos was on the board of the Prince Foundation, a foundation started and run by DeVos's mother, Elsa Prince, during the time in which the foundation donated money to Focus on the Family, a Christian conservative group. DeVos claimed she wasn't. The filed 990 tax forms for the organization for more than two decades, including the years in question, show DeVos as the vice president of the foundation. When questioned DeVos claimed that this was a clerical error on the forms.

The IDEA is a federal law that requires students with disabilities to be assessed, and if they meet requirements, to not be denied a public education. While the use and efficacy of the law is debatable, its existence is not, and Mrs. DeVos in her hearing was not able to answer questions about it.

I may agree or disagree with her on her opinions on education privatization, but they do not disqualify her. Being uninformed, misinformed, and lying under oath does.

Sorry for the slow post, I'm on mobile.

I don't read about the american education system because it has zero potential effect on any aspect of my life or choices

Sure thing Zhang

>no kids, and no intention for them
>graduated higher education
I'd rather give attention to things

Sorry about your life

Isn't what they do with nip land schools and they get the best results besides a few thug schools?

Different values, no need to make it personal you pussy

A valid point. But what do you think the liberal response to this is?

"Oh we are all equal how dare you accept that some people just don't have what it takes to graduate from college and be the doctor who cured cancer or whatever"

For some of these "troubled brats", no amount of wood shop or other trade-oriented extracurriculars will transform them into a productive member of society. It's either jail or a bullet. I went to a public school in California near Oakland. An odd mix of kids from white yuppie families and welfare crackheads. Hated all 4 years of it, although the most valuable lesson I learned was the value of diplomacy and making friends with violent thugs to keep other violent thugs off your back.

finally a quality post from a leaf

I didn't make it personal. These are the values you chose.

public schools aren't shit anywhere in the world. once you learn how to read its up to you to pursue education. most people are lazy degenerates though

You did though, you made a post pitying me which is about your own superiority and therefore, personal.

If you want to be a little bitch that's your problem.

As for me I'd rather read books.

now your points have reached a level of incoherence. Completely devoid from the initial subject matter in any sense outside of "hue books in school hue"
Obviously you're just replying at this point to stroke the cock of your ego so have fun with that. Nothing i say can change your mind or perspective so you're officially a waste of time. Peace out faggot.

pretty good white contribution