Why do millennials shop online?

Why do millennials shop online?

Don't they want to support local businesses?

Because there are no local businesses left and the few that are still here are run by dirty as fuck rednecks that just want to take advantage of people.

>Muh local business
The siren song of an industry that couldn't adapt and become competitive and now wants to invoke its legacy to guilt people into spending more than they have to spend.

this exactly

Natural selection at its finest.

Too many niggers shop at my Wal-Mart so ill shop from home thanks.

Because you can't go to your local mom and pop bakery shop to get a dragon dildo.

Because shops that don't have online buying or shops that don't have websites should die out. I ain't driving somewhere and waste fuel and time so they could tell me they don't have this item in store.

kys

Because Internet shopping is objectively superior. It's called the free market Faggot

Just millennials?

You mean everyone, right?

Because the brick and mortar model is dead. It is inconvenient and expensive

You can still buy from small business, but now they have to compete at a national level. Nothing wrong with that.
Not only that, but the options for small business to have online operations are easier than ever.
If they're too stupid to figure it out, they don't need to be operating a business.

what local businesses? Pretty much every shop in my city is part of a chain, and the ones that aren't are either for things like meat and vegetables which i wouldn't order online anyway, or special interest shops for things like fishing or sewing supplies.

Why do you always post pictures of this bitch when posting about millennials?

Because it's better.

In stores they usually have just a fraction of the stuff you'll find online and if they have it, they usually charge 20-100% more.

And usually they are out of stock, so you have to visit the store, they'll order it, than you have to visit the store again a few days later. In total you wasted more time, paid more and you have a lot less legal rights. Cause if you shop online you are allowed by law to return everything without a reason within 14 days.

In retail stores you can't do this. And this is very bad if the item like a camera get's broken in the first week - in retail they usually send it to the manufacturer and you have to wait several months till you can finally use your camera (actually by law they would have you to choose between repair and instant replacement, but usually they refuse the second option cause they want to fuck the costumer). If you bought the camera online you can simply get your money back and get instantly a new camera.

Also Amazon has a way better replacement policy than retail stores - here the retail stores try every trick to avoid you using your legal rights of the two year lawful warranty, Amazon for example usually just gives you a full refund without any discussion, even if something fails after 23 months. In retail stores you have to discuss usually up to an hour till they give you a refund or a free repair before they give up on trying to claim ridiculous unlawful fees.

Autism

You sound like a retarded luddite

so much this !!!!

local shops just fucked themself

i am not a millennial but i still shop online for many products excluding food and wear.

>generally cheaper
>more options to chose

jeh she is cute
post more short haired qts

I want to fuck this feminist attention whore

>I want to fuck this feminist attention whore
You seem to be into boys.

The reason i shop online is because i dont want to go to a womens store to buy myself womens underwear

faggotry!

They don't want to interact with people, they want to feel special and big box stores don't give that vibe, in certain countries you have better return policies when ordering online.

As someone who works retail at a small business, they do actually like to shop local and all that. Half the time it's kind of just to virtue signal though.

I buy most of my books online, because in book stores you can only find stuff like 50 shits of grey

I like to save money. I'm a degenerate caper and the retail markup in that industry is ridiculous. I'm not paying 130 for a device I can buy online for 60, that's just a bigger waste of money than my vaping already is

>Don't they want to support local businesses?

Local businesses don't have the stuff I want.

>why do millenials do X?
>picture of the same girl over and over again

what is wrong with this OP

the only local businesses near me are doctors offices

also their selection stinks

this

>why do millennials fly when travelling?

>dont they want to support local 18th century sailors?

I can't ANY of the things I want or need at local stores. Always have to rely on online websites. I love records, but most of the time the local stores never stock the ones I'm looking for. Not even that rare, can't get them. The most times I get answers like "we have to order them". Come on, Retail...

It's not a millenial thing. Have you ever tried shopping before for something specific? It's frustrating and no one wants to drive to 4 or 5 different stores across several towns to get it.

I like to save money. I'm a degenerate vaper and the retail markup in that industry is ridiculous. I'm not paying 130 for a device I can buy online for 60, that's just a bigger waste of money than my vaping already is

Should just torrent books and audio books. Why would you pay for shit that's available for free when you have bills to pay.

Why do older people buy shit off infomercials and QVC?

I don't like local business, bring on the drones

Well, it's a lot easier for one. Then you take into account that you can find exactly what you want online and order it without asking a retail store to order it for you and paying a premium for them to do so, and it gets delivered to your door. Sorry to tell you, but local business is done. They simply can't compete in this market. You either adapt or die, that's the way of the world.

3 easy payments of 29.99 plus postage, its a steal

because I can't find any local stores to buy anime figures and dakimakuras

It's the only thing they got right. Shopping takes a lot of time. Online is easy.

see
this post is a good post

Also: Online shopping is faster. (ordering stuff online=10min, going to a store=30min way, 30min searchein, 10 minutes waiting and 30 minutes back)
I currently have no time to waste, so amazon is my way to go.

I would rather support my local Fed Ex delivery dude. He's based.

I ....I think everyone of all ages shop online

You lack a certain understanding of economics, and it is this: People are generally taking the path of least resistance and doing whats convenient for them.

Millennials shop online because, like most people, they're doing as they feel is convenient for them. As a result, they care little about supporting local business.

No, actually. Everytime I go into a local business the owners treat me like a lowlife, an idiot, or a child. They seem to believe that they can take advantage of me and treat me like I'm "acting up" when I don't let them. I know that this is outside the norm because if I go somewhere to help my parents carry something I see that they are treated with respect and can chat with the owners or staff casually.

If they don't want my money, then I have no problem going where I can get something cheaper and have it delivered right to my door.

Because I enjoy paying shipping and handling charges that cost almost as much as the thing I'm ordering.

Because I live in the middle of nowhere in a tiny town

Why would you spend your money on local expensive as hell busineses when you could just buy it cheap as dirt from the internet.

Why are millennials incapable of resizing images?
You really think that picture needs to be 1.5mb?

Because there's literally nothing here. Dead serious, all the good shit is made overseas because it's expensive to transport or even manufacture products thanks to all the regulation and high taxes. And if they manage to get them to Australia, they're either way too expensive or they can't be sold unless you're a middle man.

Our dollar is also a quarter less than the USD since 2013. That means I have to pay 25% more to buy and ship from US. Supposedly our government did this to encourage Australian made products into both the domestic and foreign markets. Yet our GDP has fallen to 2% and start ups across our state average only 1% (it's negative where I live).

Life is suffering in this shithole.

>muh globalism ! Fucking chinese ! Vote Trump !
>haha a local business closed, sucks for you mate but it's your fault for not being competitive enough !

This level of cognitive dissonance.