SAM HARRIS: A Conversation with Jordan B. Peterson

samharris.org/podcast/item/what-is-true

Why is Sam Harris so blue pilled?

pure rationality is a mental illness

not an argument

>2 hours
tl;dl?

>he still believes human beings can ascertain absolute truth through reason alone

1850 called, it says your philosophy sucks

does Peterson cry again?

I feel this will be too cringeworthy to watch.

Has anyone listened to it? Is it a good conversation?

Is it as cringy as expected?

don't project insecurities and you won't cringe

his audiene is blue pill and he's gotta pander to them

see

Yeah, it is cringeworthy then. Just wanted to make sure before plunging in.

he's a jew so he hates western civilization and will undermine it subversively. that's why he makes the argument that science proving racial differences shouldn't be talked about

what do you mean? why would it be cringe worthy?

His intellect/rationality means that he can't understand how normal humans behave and think.

Yeah, that's empty babble, though.

>he's a jew so he hates western civilization
But he also hates Islam.

this, Peterson actually talked about how hyper-rational mind can be dangerous because it's so easy for it to consider itself infallible

so is your comment

Peterson is a drama queen. Harris will probably shred him

>Sup Forums arguing for feels over reals
Let's hope this won't stick.

No, my comment actually does have content, the content being a critique of your fucking worthless and entirely vacuous response to my question.

Because Jordan Peterson is the father we all should have had.

Rationality is only good if you're communicating with a half-wit. Both are intelligent, but Harris' approaching the conversation from his own mental safe space. That decade in the shitstreams of India have made him a pacifist cuck.

all you asked was if it was "cringy", a totally subjective judgment you fool.

can you explain what you mean by cringy?

why are you wincing? you insecure teenager

well, you're the minory on Sup Forums apparently. no one seems to like harris on here.

>all you asked was if it was "cringy", a totally subjective judgment you fool.
If my question was impossible for you to answer, then maybe you shouldn't have fucking responded to it, you clown.

>can you explain what you mean by cringy?
Sure, why didn't you ask for clarification right off the bat? "Cringy" in the sense that it's uncomfortable to listen to two men I respect argue about either inherently unanswerable or ultimately petty shit, with Peterson unjustly coming off as a moron simply because he isn't as well versed in philosophy and religion as Harris is, as evidenced by Peterson's New Year's video.

>no one seems to like harris on here.
He's a smugglet with a few shit opinions, and his stance on moral realism is frustrating to me, but I don't dislike him.

It's just that peterson doesn't seem to be a real, serious thinker. He is one of those academic "humanities" guy who likes to namedrop "muh Solzhenitsyn, muh gulags" but doesn't pay attention to the actual concrete problem in front of him. All he is good for is speaking up against the obvious intelectual mendacity of SJWs, but that's a very mundane and mediocre topic for someone who is interested in real philosophical problems like Harris, so they are not a good match. You could see Harris knew this and was reluctant to talk to him.

But let's now see it is as bad as I thought

This Sam fellow is so interminably pedantic

The scientific endeavor is nested in the moral endeavor so the moral endeavor cant be grounded in scientific fact. -Jordan Peterson

Sam says: of course it can
>wat

But of course it can.

wow, it went to a stall fast

haha

Reality Calls also interviewed Petersen recently. It's worth a listen if you'd prefer a more red-pilled host.

I was pretty excited about /ourguy/ annihilating Harris but I find myself more on Harris' side, at least concerning his definition of truth.

I feel like JBP isn't really able to defend his argument that truth is confounded with morality. He seemed a little crazy too with these insane fake sounding laughs all the time.

Did /ourguy/ get BTFO ?

FINALLY SOME INTERESTING SHIT ON THIS BOARD