How far is secret black budget science ahead of regular "science"?

How far is secret black budget science ahead of regular "science"?

Other urls found in this thread:

sti.nasa.gov/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Reconnaissance_Office#Technology
youtube.com/watch?v=AFX-U0gZRfE
newstarget.com/2017-01-20-massive-strange-anomaly-discovered-under-the-frozen-ice-of-antarctica.html
news.agu.org/press-release/researchers-find-seafloor-valleys-below-west-antarctic-glaciers/
climatecentral.org/news/temperatures-soaring-north-pole-climate-change-20999
theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/28/worlds-largest-marine-park-created-in-ross-sea-in-antarctica-in-landmark-deal
cbsnews.com/news/huge-ice-crack-in-antarctica-forces-british-scientists-to-flee-research-station/
sgtreport.com/2017/01/web-bot-antarctica-ready-to-give-up-secrets-the-elite-cant-hide/
salon.com/2017/01/21/thanks-station-obama-the-former-president-has-been-immortalized-by-scientists-in-a-way-never-seen-before_partner/
youtube.com/watch?v=yMxueNSihSA
youtube.com/watch?v=twT5Vk2Hiy8&t=2449s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

10 years behind the university researchers

In 100 years maybe they'll figure out how the pyramids were built

CIA is niggers. Do you think niggers are inventing anything? our best and brightest is pushed out of society.

hopefully Trump will be rid of the black budget science now that Obama's out of office.

i don't know if you're trying to imply that they're behind, but manufacturing a working world prototype using tech that's as little 10 years old is pretty incredible, especially considering that programs are often scheduled through several decades
cia uses operating equipment. what the fuck does that even mean

Doritos Incognitos?

Never thought I'd see it.

you mean bogtech op

I would tell you but I don't want the NSA to go into overtime tracking down everyone in this thread. I'm not a dick

those clowns are still trying to make use of the documents they "found" in nazi germany but basically they are keeping it secret and are too incompetent to make use of it therefore all the technologic inventions are up to private firms

>technologic inventions are up to private firms
welcome to 70 years of how shit works

> what are defense contractors?

The hydrogen powered F128-110 SCRAM engines on the SB-3 Ghoul are insanely advanced. (Not the F111-130s it uses in conventional flight

Mach 5+ capability, zero emissions (other than water) and pretty fuel efficient. Won't see anything like them on the market for typical military aircraft or civilian usage for 20 or more years.

The RAM makes the Spirit look like a Model-T and the Ghoul is a Tesla.

50 years give or take

The MHD tech on the B-2 is still 50 years head of anything Russia or China have

>inb4 the top secret Ghoul project

it's amazing to watch this bird fly in reality
i recommend all of you go to any air show if they are going to display one

The X-37 / X-37B program has had three successful black missions, and is more than 600 days into the fourth. All we know about them is when they go up and when they come down - nothing about the actual substance of the mission. OTV-3 spent 675 days in orbit - doing what? We have no idea, meanwhile NASA has to send crew to and from the space program via the Russians and soon via SpaceX

10 years, tops. Probably closer to 5. Government secrets don't stay secret very long.

NASA actually innovates a lot on the aeronautical side of things. But nobody notices or cares because muh spaysh rawketz.

sti.nasa.gov/
Dig in, you'll see.

Its probably 10-20 years for a few very select things, but otherwise no better then a very well funded university or leading company in a comparable industry.

I was actually up in the middle of nowhere deep in the Sierra Nevadas camping with some friends when a big array of white lights started moving across the sky overhead. None of us knew wtf was going on when suddenly I realized that the lights belonged to an air-tanker and a B-2 that were refueling mid-flight. Most amazing and unexpected thing to ever happen to me.

Zero years, engineering is not science.

Might aswell tell us I could care less about NSA

>Government secrets don't stay secret very long.
meh i guess that is true in general, but there are goals that don't require missions. this goes for all countries- the top 5 (usa, england, germany, russia, china, israel is debatable) all benefit from understanding the numbers as applied to real world use. a program doesn't require a mission, but it can yield data nevertheless, and the game today is data and powerpoints

about tree fiddy

I dont know but the fact that we have commercial wireless battery chargers is fucking mindblowing to me. Just imagine what they have invented in govt and secret labs.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they're behind most regular science on many things. Used to be crazy science shit had limited use by regular folks so it would be more cost effective to just make shit for the government. After WWII a slew of scientific discoveries for war found massive commercial use in the civilian market and so industry found that you can build shit just for citizens. As technologies advanced you see more and more private businesses engaging in research in order to profit from them. That is not to say the government probably doesn't have some crazy advanced AI or radar deflecting tech that is miles ahead of anything commercially available but for most stuff they're probably falling behind private industry.

Research the NRO. That agency "never existed" before 1992. Even an agency can be declassified.

not very far apparently if that's their idea of good Photoshop

I remember this LARPer.
Last time they were named after civil war generals or battles or something. At least keep this shit consistant, dumbass.

>shit works
it doesn't. the masters are all dead. no one alive right now in positions of power are capable of building the masterpieces of the past.

Regular science, i.e. research labs, is about 5 to 10 years ahead of the market and thus of public awareness. Black budget science is typically a shit show. It's mostly con jobs weaseling money out of gullible bureaucrats and congressmen.

true story, as satellites with flir emerged, both sides would use mockups with radical shapes to cool the earth during the day and imply they were making some bullshit silly aircraft for enemy analysts

>black budget science

AYO HOL UP
HOL UP, HOL UP, HOL UP
SO...
IS YOU SAYIN...
THAT WE'Z GOT...
>genetically modified watermelons
>pimped out tanks
>invisible ink for paternity tests
>self-stealing bicycles
>fried chicken 3D printers
>drive-by plutonium-shooting umbrellas
N SHEEEEEIT??

All I know for sure is that Google/Alphabet is shutting down its "moonshots" division and trying to sell Boston Dynamics.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Reconnaissance_Office#Technology

>direct all funding to hi-tech virtual reality games with waifus and entire worlds to explore and slay
>see results within ~5 years

>yfw this will never happen and you have to wait 50 years for the first shitty VR games

industry is at the front. yes, unis have lots of output, but most of it is useless trash. and the govt hires private contractors for much of their tech

>these technologies are locked up in black projects
AY YO HOL UP
SO YOU SAYIN WE WUZ ROCKETS N SHEEEEEIT

At least a century.

>black technology

well ok i see where you come from, but i am less pessimistic

Thanks satan

this is a /k/ thread at heart so
cheap drones are massively effective. discuss

That is the worse photoshop ive seen in awhile.

Take a moment to consider how tiny multi terabyte hard drives can be, and then consider there's a massive facility full of hard drives just to store all the data they collect on people domestically.

It's probably impossible for us to imagine how advanced our spying actually is at this point.

The various secret space programs share a "Lunar Operations Command" based that looks a bit like the Pentagon.

At least one faction is already prolifically conducting trade in many other star systems.

They also have deep underground bases around the world, beneath the ocean, and beneath Antarctica.

Saw a driverless version of the Archer last time I visted a friend in the army. Drone-artillery vehicle, still needed to return to base to get resupplied by a human.

the quarligons are fucking us on trade. we're going to make the USTS great again with TREMENDOUS DEALS.

Does anyone any good documentaries about this shit?

pessimistic? I'm referencing reality.

Niel Degrasse Tyson is probably the world's most known "physicist". Do you think that was a mistake? Do you think there are no young men on Sup Forums who would be better scientists or more suited for his role?

We are deliberately being sabotaged. The reason why this nigger has a job, is so the people who are passionate and intelligent cannot hold influence.

We are slaves sprinting to our own destruction because it's profitable to sell increasingly bigger flat screen TVs while sustaining achievement is not.

>self-destructing outstanding warrants and child support bills
>exploding blunts
>secret CIA trap houses in friendly countries

Apparently were interstellar and interdimensional, n' sheeit.

Makes me wonder, do Presidents have access to this and regularly enjoy space travel?

I have always had lots of questions...

i'd say watch those airbattles over (x) shows, they go into a good bit of detail about the tit for tat developments and tactics through korea+

Well memed friend

This is still unreal to me kek

>Hire diversity quotas
>Act surprised when they don't make anything worth shit

Reality truly is the ultimate redpill

>airbattles over

I just did my regular search routine and found nothing substantial, don't know what those are. Can I get a link?

>give guns to Nicaraguan Contra rebels in exchange for cocaine to turn into crack to sell in the 'hood

Oh wait...

OP is a nigger technology caught up more quickly than the gubamment thought, thats the reason they want to take away your gubns. All the flat earth is fake, there arent nazi aliens, agartha and everything is fake fake fake. We know the real story, its in the bog

Nuclear power is a hoax. It's pulled from the air and compartmentalized at the power plants and sold back to us. History is a hoax. Space is a hoax. Satellites are a hoax. Population is a hoax there's barely a billion people on this plane. Dinasours are a hoax. All the really good tech came from tesla so I guess we're probably far behind what we should be and what they tell us in way ahead of what we actually are.

20-40 years
or In the case of unprecedented fields or obscure, niche fields.
Micro/home computers used to be a market only thing until someone actually did something with it.

yeah i don't remember the exact title, been a few years.
youtube.com/watch?v=AFX-U0gZRfE
these are very good at breaking down the how and why of shootdowns over several modern wars

I doubt they're surprised at all. It's intentional sabotage because any progress from this point is NOT financial. It's simply human prosperity.

An example: The system we have now to deliver electricity to your homes is a series of cables that turn AC to DC and deliver it to you. WE DONT NEED THIS SYSTEM.

It was invented by Nikola Tesla, and shot America into a new golden age. A new lifestyle. They took his patents, and innovated, giving us a brand new existence at the time. IMMEDIATELY AFTER doing this, he invented DC current that can be transmitted safely THROUGH THIN AIR. (You can look this up and even build it yourself. It's incredibly simple.) Tesla then began scheming to transmit LARGE amounts of power OVER THE OCEAN. Investors never supported him again because it would make electricity essentially FREE.

Why would you pay someone to lay cable throughout your entire city, to charge people to access your infrastructure if electricity was freely available in air with no wires? THAT is the true redpill. You are a SLAVE. "innovation" is a heavily controlled treadmill. We will NEVER advance.

Thanks user.

were approaching limits in every sector of human advancement, some not as hard as others, but the point being were approaching that 'wall' and going half the distance to it every time we advance

I would guess they are 50 years ahead of us, but giving us the people that kind of technology and power would be suicide.

There would be a time when you would buy spaceships like you were buying cars today. They won't cost much, maybe they are a little bit used. but that's what you have to get around with.

That time will come when we don't have maniacs who suicide 24/7. I am pretty sure America has made contact with aliens and is making trades as we speak.

>Do you think there are no young men on Sup Forums who would be better scientists or more suited for his role?
Nope

You're a fucking retard and even you are brighter than nigger space man. fuck off.

Computers now solve equations that were so difficult human couldn't, and they can do it in seconds. Space flight isn't a "wall" it's a lack of pre-existing infrastructure related to it. Biotechnology is verging on solving the aging problem and Cancer. There isn't a "wall" that is coming up except maybe the question of whether staying human is the right choice.

Science cant solve these digits

Archer is shit though.

This "secret black budget science" doesn't actually do much in terms of original research. What they do is find applications or improvements to pre-existing technologies or concepts and, most importantly, build prototypes and test them. The concept of stealth, for example, isn't new and has been known for decades. Building a stealth aircraft is so prohibitively example that no university can afford that.
And that's what's the job of those black research projects: applying theories researched by "regular" science.

What happens when we reach that "wall" in every fathomable sector? Do we implode upon ourselves?

Stealth is a meme, what is long wavelength radar for 6 gorrilion, jewden? OMG so hard to think of a compound that absorbs the shorter wavelength radar signals. All (((stealth))) aircraft are literally btfo by wwii tech. Hitler was right, exterminate the jews

>meanwhile NASA has to send crew to and from the space program via the Russians and soon via SpaceX

Keeping up appearances. If other nations knew they would be better served packing up and going home, the world would be in peril. America has to keep its technological advancements under wraps for the sake of humanity.

m8, wireless power transfer cannot be as efficient as wired. Yes, you can fire a microwave beam at the target and transfer energy that way, but then you have to take into account both beam dispersion and atmospheric absorption - neither of which is a problem with (copper) wires. Plus you can't use a beam of energy to transfer very far - it doesn't penetrate the ground and thus you're limited by the height of the transmitter tower and the horizon.
There's also a whole load of other issues you have to take into account, but I'll just assume you didn't understand or believe what I just told you and skip those.

It's "I could'nt care less". Burgers,honestly.

Tesla was based af

Rid it? How about expose to the public what the budget is for.

Tesla was a sperg and an autist with a closet fetish for birds
literally /ourguy/

>flying above anarctica
newstarget.com/2017-01-20-massive-strange-anomaly-discovered-under-the-frozen-ice-of-antarctica.html

news.agu.org/press-release/researchers-find-seafloor-valleys-below-west-antarctic-glaciers/

climatecentral.org/news/temperatures-soaring-north-pole-climate-change-20999

theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/28/worlds-largest-marine-park-created-in-ross-sea-in-antarctica-in-landmark-deal

cbsnews.com/news/huge-ice-crack-in-antarctica-forces-british-scientists-to-flee-research-station/

>The site’s name is unique. Ducklow said he’s never heard of another climate or ocean monitoring location named after a president, let alone other people.

sgtreport.com/2017/01/web-bot-antarctica-ready-to-give-up-secrets-the-elite-cant-hide/
>Web Bot: Antarctica Ready To Give Up Secrets The Elite Can’t Hide

pic related?

BLACK BUDGET MEMES

Messed up one link

salon.com/2017/01/21/thanks-station-obama-the-former-president-has-been-immortalized-by-scientists-in-a-way-never-seen-before_partner/
>The site’s name is unique. Ducklow said he’s never heard of another climate or ocean monitoring location named after a president, let alone other people.

Black projects are the reason F35 is "far over budget", you know.
I wonder what's coming

weather modding weaponry, lasers from space, stealth satellites, weapons to redirect asteroids to certain countries, cloaking technology, submersible craft that can last for years underwater, viruses that can target just a certain family of gene carriers, the list is endless if you have the imagination

>made contact with aliens and is making trades as we speak.
Trading what for what user?

trading permission to abduct humans for research purposes in exchange for technology of propulsion systems and etc

fake news

It isn't. The government can only apply technologies that exist, and the bulk of government R&D is conducted by private parties. However, the government stays 10-15 years ahead of the general public by adopting technology early on.

youtube.com/watch?v=yMxueNSihSA

youtube.com/watch?v=twT5Vk2Hiy8&t=2449s

Anons here are doubting and making fun of that, but from the perspective that the brightest minds these days usually go elsewhere, not academia (including intelligence agencies) and mediocrity "succeeds" at scientific career instead... Seems very plausible that they would be ahead.

MISLEADING JEW SHIT

>Satan is English
Always knew it

Prometheus stole the flame once

He will do it again