Are there any former Muslims or EX-Muslims here? If so tell us your story

Are there any former Muslims or EX-Muslims here? If so tell us your story

>Age
>Gender
>Location/Country?
>How long were you a Muslim?
>How much of a Muslim were you?
>What made you realize Islam was not the truth or just not for you?
>How did you leave?
>What are you now and why?
>What do you people around you think?
>What is your advice on helping Muslims out from the slavery of Islam or atleast help them be self-analytical about their Muslim identity?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Matthew
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque
youtube.com/watch?v=CqWCkMQsm0c
youtube.com/watch?v=9Pxt6H9uPWA
quran.com/33/50
quran.com/23/5-6
quranexplorer.com/Hadith/English/Hadith/bukhari/005.059.459.html
muflihun.com/bukhari/62/137
youtube.com/watch?v=XdkyLrDpaUg
youtube.com/watch?v=3smk04Xt5mw
youtube.com/watch?v=WG6mUaMXCGA
youtube.com/user/nowiamchristian/videos
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A true muslim can't leave Islam, regardless what people say and even if you don't agree with lots of things abput this religion.

You just can't feel comfortable with it.

>A true muslim can't leave Islam

NO TRU SCOTSMAN

>no true Muslim
Sorry Ahmed, plenty of people leave your camelfucking cult all the time.

They say the same thing about hindus and plenty of them abandon it.

I am a Muslim
>18
>male
>USA
>Entire life
>Very devoted but I have drifted over time
>It's pretty nice overall and preaches love, pretty fun to hang out a religious events desu
>N/A
>N/A
>Most don't care
>Islam isn't slavery and if you think it is then you don't know true islam

A true Christian can't get a bowl cut or have sex before marriage.

Why do you love mohammed so much if he was a peadophile

If you take every religion from the book at its word you will find things that are not very good. If you look for the general ideas and themes you will get a better understanding of the religion.

>That flag
>Defending Pisslam

Why am I not surprised. Tell me, why do you think NO TRUE Muslim can leave Islam and what makes you judge of who is and who is not a true Muslim at all? As far as I'm concerned this is either your own rationalization because of the discomfort of Muslims leaving Islam and causing Cognitive Dissonance or Taqiya.

>INB4 only Shias use Taqiyya.

Ironically, that is Taqiyya as well.

>If you take every religion from the book at its word you will find things that are not very good.

Exactly. Even being an Atheist is better than a Muslim.

I am unironically a Somalian.

>If you take every religion from the book at its word you will find things that are not very good.

This makes no sense. You're trying to cover your own dumbass by other books. Who cares about other Books answer his question.

>
>Why do you love mohammed so much if he was a peadophile

Answer the questions, nigger.

Sham wow guy is gonna get stoned to death now.

dont do it guys, it is a jumpscare website and will probably make you jump out of your chair

you have been warned, dont say i didnt tell you so

While it's fine to be an atheist I think you will lead a happier life if you are faithful, no matter what your belief

Morality is relevant to ones culture

Make me, pig.

>have to pray in inconvenient fashion 5 times a day
>no fun allowed
>can't leave or your life is forfeit
Totally not slavery
Retard
Muslims are human dirt. Only a total barbarian could knowingly embrace it's morals, lessons and stories. It's a faith of savage weaklings.

Why are you so full of hate?
Islam teaches people how to rekindle their lost love with God
While some are more devote than others, Mohammed tells us that God is accepting of all, and will forgive you

do you personally wanted the world to be under sharia law?

No, because Mohammad tells us that we should not force our beliefs on others
While Sharia law helps people be more pure, I understand people's issues with it and disagree with people trying to force it upon others

>22
>Male
>India
>Hmm till I was 16 I guess
>I realized all religions are bullshit once I got interested in science when I was 16
>Officially still a Muslim on paper but I am gonna change that too sometime this year as soon as I get time
>What are you on now???
>People around me especially my parents are cool. They never bothered me with practicing religion. My dad is very cool and is himself the least practicing Muslim I have ever known
>My only advice for any religious person would be to start reading physics from a young age

so what do you think of sharia zones in non muslim countries, are those good muslims?

>Morality is relevant to ones culture

Fucking a little girl is not a moral conundrum. It is an abomination towards nature. It is as unnatural as fucking your own mom, fucking animals and cannibalizing your own children. Muhammeds act of pedophilia is not a moral dilemma but an abomination against nature. This puts Muhammed on the level of an animal and a Satanist.

As long as they either aren't forcing upon people or at least giving them an opportunity to move then it's fine I guess
It's hard to judge, honestly, a very tricky subject that should be handled on a case to case basis

Are you religious?
Nobody is perfect.

>>What are you on now???

As in are you in a different religion now or different movement now?

>>My only advice for any religious person would be to start reading physics from a young age

And what in science or physics made you question Islam? What stood out to you?

>"the instructions of the koran and the sunnah are the best possible way for humans to live for all time"

>the koran and sunnah multiple times say that slavery, slave trading and enslaving defeated civilians and opposition forces during war is A-ok

lol muslims are so fucking stupid.

How can any of them believe that a benevolent God would genuinely tell his followers that it is ok to enslave civilian populations because the heads of their military decided to engage in war?

how can they believe claims like "muhammad is the most beautiful example to humankind" and "sharia law is the ideal way for humans to live" when clearly man made institutions like the geneva convention and the united nations charter on human rights are clearly greater morally than the koran and the sunnah.

how is it not totally self evident that enslaving women and children from a tribe or nation that opposed you militarily (which is what the muslims and muhammad did and is explicitly allowed in the koran and present in teh hadith and sira) is morally inferior to inferior to not enslaving defeated civilian women and children (explicitly forbidden in geneva convention and universal declaration of human rights). ?

why do so few muslims have enough ntellectual honesty to admit and face this?

Yeah but Islam doesn't say to look for the general ideas and themes. It says the Quran is literally the perfect word of God, and a billion odd retards round the world believe this and behave in an abhorent manner because of it.

If Muslims were as wishy-washy about their beliefs as you are, people would have less of a problem with them, but they aren't, they genuinely believe all this bollocks.

Other religious texts also say similar things, but other general themes that are more commonly stated overshadow the faults and obviously horrid things that it does state. No religion is perfect.

The Bible also says it's the perfect word of god, but it also says things like how you cannot cut your hair or take loans
I have been to Iran and other majority Islamic countries and most Muslims agree that while the Quran is a pretty good guideline for perfection, it does have some passages that would be omitted if they could without ruining the document as a whole

saying "but other religions" is not answeringthe question

can you please answer the question.

when christians are asked about the morality of their scripture they normally do not make a cowardly appeal "but in islam it says" so I hope you have enough bravery to actually answer the question and defend your own religion and directly confront questions about it rather than hiding.

You mean they would be stupid to post it here or what? I want to know, I'm not ex Muslim. I want to find the people who hunt down people why try to defect. I will have them fucking stuffed.

>The Bible also says it's the perfect word of god,

that's totally wrong. the entirety of hte new testament is openly cliamed to be written by the disciples of jesus.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Matthew

furthermore I believe the old testament is not claiming to be word of god either but rather stories passed down by the israelites recounting the israelite's encounters with god.

>I think you will lead a happier life if you are faithful, no matter what your belief

You discredit the spiritual events people have experienced on drugs, which occurred from tangible, real chemicals and not desperate "feels" to get through the day.

Nothing and will probably stay that way forever. Agnostic.

When you read science and physics you realize how everything works and how everything is related to each other. There is no stage at which you suddenly change. You basically reach a level of general understanding of the universe at which even considering religions to have any real meaning is immature. At the same time I know why people practice religion and why it is so important to them. I never try to convince anyone to change their beliefs. It can only happen from your own curiosity.

We still do that today, so I guess people are still OK with it
Sharia law is the best way to live, it prevents people from being fucking idiots, but people don't like order so they write it off as bad
If you think the women are inslaved I challenge you to visit the counties, most of them are 100% content with their place in society, they have a guaranteed spot and place.
Also don't strawman and insult my religion if you want a valid response.
So you are a hipster Christian, most aren't
Drugs are degenerate

>The Bible also says it's the perfect word of god,
>Other religious texts also say similar things

>yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque

Quit hiding behind other people.

>Are you religious?

Yes

>Nobody is perfect.

You would literally minimize Muhummed's act of pedophilia and unnatural abomination to forgetting to turn the stove off when you left the house? At this point, you are no longer trying to convince me, you are trying to convince yourself. Either that or you are once again trying to use Taqiyya. Go ahead and use Taqiyya again by saying only Shias use it.

Every religion has its events that arent good that are depicted in it. I don't understand why it's so much of an issue

The overall message is what matters
If you are going to nitpick the texts over details about people then go ahead, I won't stop you. But just because there are some imperfections doesn't mean you can instantly discredit the whole religion

Mate you seem alright but this is all pretty incoherent.

The idea of a God who cares about how we act and has laid down laws to follow is utterly incompatible with moral relativity. The minute you start going "this part of God's word is wrong and needs editing", you are no longer following any of it, you are simply comparing it to your own pre-existing moral code and then claiming the bits that agree with you are divinely justified.

Those imperfections are still part of the religion and result of your God. You are basically asking to ignore all the wrong things about your religion. Doesn't work that way. If it is actually a true religion, there is no place for imperfections. Nit picking is allowed when it comes to religions who basically claim to explain the creation of the universe and life and everything.

This >>>

>Age
>Gender
Asiftherearegirlsoninternet
>>Location/Country?
Istanbul
All my family is ultra secular. No one around me follow strictly islam but they wont let you talkshit about islam. I was like them. I was believing that islam is right but i wasnt doing all that stuff and i was drinking alcohol, fucking women etc.
I read Quran. Anyone read Quran and doesnt say thats totally bullshit is a retard
Ateist. I read a lot including the bible. Ateism is more convincing than other things.
The place i live and the people around me arent full of crazy ar*b wannabes. Even though most people doesnt believe or follow strictly islam, they dont approve being kafir.
>What is your advice on helping Muslims out from the slavery of Islam or atleast help them be self-analytical about their Muslim identity?
I dont care. Dont blow up places and dont try to force your stupid religion to other people.

>I am unironically a Somalian.

Cursed by God for your heathen ways.

Convert to Roman Catholicism

I guess you are both right
I mean it beckons the question of can god be wrong

>18
>Male
>Bosnia
>12 years
>Never missed a prayer. Still hated every second of it.
>I developed a brain.
>I just stopped believing in all the nonsense Islam preaches.
>Atheist.
>Most people are cool about it.
>Too lazy to write.

Watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=CqWCkMQsm0c

A true muslim cant not want to kill unbelievers either, but do they all do this?

People use religion as an excuse to do bad: more at 11

all exmuslims in here, go to reddit /r/exmuslim.

all exmuslims in here translate english anti-god songs into anti-allah songs with arabic video text with arabic titles on youtube.

>A true muslim cant not want to kill unbelievers either, but do they all do this?

youtube.com/watch?v=9Pxt6H9uPWA

Muslims use religion as an excuse to do bad: more at 11

Christians use religion as an excuse to do bad: more at 11

>t Abdul al Almanya

that was over 120 years ago and those people were a cult more at 11

>Because it happened it in past it cannot happen today

>We still do that today, so I guess people are still OK with it

you are referring to "How can any of them believe that a benevolent God would genuinely tell his followers that it is ok to enslave civilian populations because the heads of their military decided to engage in war? " I presume.

Who is ok with it? who does that today?
Nowadays such crimes are illegal under international law and when criminals do commit such crimes it is attempted to send them to jal.

This is an improvement over the actions of muhammad and his companions who enslaved women and children of opposing tribes , and the koran which he revealed as saying it is ok to do so.

here are the koran references that says it is ok to take war captives as slaves
quran.com/33/50
quran.com/23/5-6

and two bukhari hadiths with complete chains of narration relating to the same incident where muhammad and some muslims raided an arab infidel village of the mustaliq tribe and enslaved the inhabitants.
quranexplorer.com/Hadith/English/Hadith/bukhari/005.059.459.html
muflihun.com/bukhari/62/137

2. so you're saying that allowing enslaving defeated civilian populations as is permitted by muhammad and in the koran is more moral than forbidding it as it says in UN international law.

thank you for exposing yourself.

>If you think the women are inslaved I challenge you to visit the counties, most of them are 100% content with their place in society,
This just shows that you area retard who can't read properly.

Idid not say that muslim women are enslaved.
I said that islam allows enslaving civilians , and that muhammad and his companions enslaved women and children of tribes they came into conflict with.

And I have proventhis with islamic sources.

So stop being so dishonest please

Is it impossible to be a muslim and have intellectual integrity?

Liar. Mohammad preached both imposing islam on others and acceptance.
Seeing as he was a conqueror that only showed mercy and tolerance when muslims were outnumbered and slaughtered when in power, it's safe to assume that this is taqyia.
Their religion is based on deceptipn. Never trust a muslim.

NO TRU SCOOTSMAN

t. ackmed

Either I have spoke to you here before in a previous EX-Muslim thread or there are a lot of non-Muslims in Turkey. Is it true that Turkey is the most secular Muslim country in the Mid East? Some previous poster told me that they went from a few thousand atheist to now 5 million?

Come on! Help us out!

>So you are a hipster Christian, most aren't

No, I'm not a hristian. I'm simply not a retard.

You said that the bible is the direct word of God.

the new testament EXPLICITLY SAYS
-the gospel according to mark
-the gospel according to matthew
-the gospel according to luke
-the gospel according to john

incase you are still too retarded to understand, this means that these are accounts of jesus life written by matthew, mark , luke and john.

It does not mean "written by god"

so no, acknowleding this does not make me a hipster christian, it makes me not a retard unlike you, you fucking ignorant dipshit

>muslims dont force beliefs
>but mohammed says to extort or lill the unbelievers if they dont switch their beliefs

Nice try, but im not a moron

There is a very very big difference bw Islam and Christianity. There is a central authority in Christianity, the church. Church determines the rules. Church can be changed, can be reformed.

In Islam, there are central texts written in 7th-10th centrury determines the rules. Those texts cant be changed, cant be rewritten, cant be challanged.

Humankind changes its perception of morality. Owning a slave was totally moral and just 200 years ago. Today it isnt. Church can decide that owning slave isnt moral anymore but no muslim sheik can say that. Because it is written in texts.

Muslims believe those texts are 100% true and anyone even critize deserve to be killed.

Parents were immigrants from egypt, they didnt really practice or do any of the muslim stuff they just didnt eat pork. I pretty much stopped believing in any god or religion when I was 12.

Ever heard of a man named Jesus Christ?

>Every religion has its events that arent good that are depicted in it.

Once again you are hiding behind other religions. Don't worry about them. This is not a Hindu thread. We'll criticize them later on their own post. This is an Islam thread. Islam claims to be the truth and the way. Islam claims to be backed up by Science and History yet if falls very short of both.

Remember what you are trying to do. You are trying to minimize Muhammed's pedophilia to forgetting to turn the stove off. That's what's the problem here. Atleast admit how much of an abhorent thing it was for him to do.

Christianity really has no central authority now, well i guess it is multipolar with many churches, some of which allow more personal understanding but whatever.

Also its important to note that islam fundumentally changed the morality of where is spread, especially in the caliphate and where arabic was spoken, cuz they actually understood what mo said to do.

Basically only trust muslims who dont understand islam. If they do, then they either are soon to be killers or conquerers or not actually muslim

No it wasnt me. I dont know the numbers but yes ateism is rising. Maybe more than Western European countries.

Even voters of islamists parties support secularism. Turkey is the only muslim country that civil law (especially family law) is secular. Religious marriages are still illegal.

When it does en masse like in Islam (spoiler: it won't), we can talk.

>Basically only trust muslims who dont understand islam. If they do, then they either are soon to be killers or conquerers or not actually muslim
This is what i tell everyone.If most of my friends had read Quran, they wouldnt be muslim.

Is the political atmosphere in your country beginning to feel more and more authoritarian as the months roll on?

What part of Turkey do you live in? Western?

We basically live in 1984. Shit is getting crazy. There is genuine risk of civil war. It was even debated on parliament. Oppositon said if Erdoğan continues like this there will be civil war.

I live in the most secular district of Istanbul.

We basically live in 1984. Shit is getting crazy. There is a genuine risk of civil war. It was even debated on parliament. Oppositon said if Erdoğan continues like this there will be civil war.

I live in the most secular district of Istanbul.

In previous threads, almost all ex-Muslims became that way by reading the Quran. So is the Quran the key to opening the minds of Muslims to the inconsistency of Islam? Or is it just secular education? Or maybe both at the same time?

Secular education.

حعلله

طهۇ صاننهت غههغلع ترانسالتع تحىس فاما

بۇت ى كنهش طهۇ مۇست تر انطحهش

هنع
مالع
ىصعلاند
ى شاس مۇسلىم فهر 8طعارس
حافادىنا مۇسلىم ماتع
يوۇ دىد وپ
ى چۇىت ىت ۋاس ڭېري سىمپلې
شخي دونت يوۇ دېفىنې تخات فور مې
خېي ارې گوود پېوپلې موستلي
غېت وۇت

I don't speak Chinese. Please translate your post in God's pure language: English

>chinese

why desu

؛(

duly noted

Yeah I left Islam too. Lot of ex muslims in Bangladesh. A lot more people will leave too.

The non religious are growing in AUS too.

About 50 years ago it was only 5%, now it's like 30%+.

>ت. برىتبون

So you got my message from the other thread it seems. Great! Welcome. Answer the questions, nigger!

>Age
>Gender
>Location/Country?
>How did you leave?

Fug. My cousin lived out there for like 8 years. Glad she's back if things are really getting so hot that even Istanbul is feeling the pressure

Stay Safe Atheist Blogger

>>Age

>>Gender
Male

>>Location/Country?
Turkey, istanbul

>>How long were you a Muslim?
For like 15 years?

>>How much of a Muslim were you?
Pretty hard. I grew up in underground/illegal islamic schools. Learned arabic script before i learned turkish script. ect. Attended all prayers until i left islam, been in many islamic organisations.

>>What made you realize Islam was not the truth or just not for you?
I don't know, i read basic stuff online? I was one ignorant bastard at age 15, it wasn't a well tought good decision. It was more of an emotional decision. But i still believe it was a right decision even tough it wasn't well tought.

>>How did you leave?
There is no ceremony for that you konow..

>>What are you now and why?
I'm an atheist. I don't think we need a creator to explain the universe.

>>What do you people around you think?
Everyone arround me including religious friends are okay with it. I didn't tell my parents tho.

>>What is your advice on helping Muslims out from the slavery of Islam or atleast help them be self-analytical about their Muslim identity?
Islam doesn't let you be critical about it so if you don't leave islam you can't change it in any way.

You arent a leftist k*rdish commie, right?

No i am Turkish, kemalist, free market capitalist.

People like you are the reason why Turkey still exists. Dont be desperate. These day will go.

***(Part 1)***

>Age

>Gender
Male

>Location/Country?
Dhaka, Bangladesh

My entire life until 23-24...

Average muslim. I had islamic teacher since i was a kid. I know how to read arabic and Quran (even though you don't know what it means if you don't understand arabic). I used to pray salah etc etc.. But most importantly I believed in god and thought Islam was the only true religion. I felt so fortunate to be born as a muslim.

Bill Maher had the most profound impact on me. Back when I was a muslim, I remember watching the Oscars and Bill Maher came to present the Oscar for best documentary and said something to the effect of “our silly gods.” I was horrified to hear that. I thought how could you insult God like that? How could you not believe in God? Don’t you see everything around you?
And then out of curiosity I watched his documentary “Religulous”
youtube.com/watch?v=XdkyLrDpaUg

And I saw how people believed in Christianity and Judaism just as much as I did in Islam. But I knew Christianity and Judaism was false and only Islam is the true religion. So a doubt grew, can Islam also be a false religion? But I didn’t lose my faith yet, but it was definitely not as strong as it was before.

The first time I really started to lose my faith when I saw these video of Dr. David Wood.
David Wood made me an ex muslim actually. True story. After watching these two videos at first..

youtube.com/watch?v=3smk04Xt5mw
youtube.com/watch?v=WG6mUaMXCGA

And this channel
youtube.com/user/nowiamchristian/videos

The funny thing is, I simply searched "zakir naik debunked" or something similar just for curiosity. Because I was so confident of Islam and a very BIG fan of Dr. Zakir Naik. I used to watch his videos all the time on "Peace TV". (cont..)

(Part 2)
......And then after watching this video I seriously started doubting Islam.

After watching it the seeds of doubt just grew. Then I started looking for more David wood videos. But I didn’t become a Christian, I became and atheist by watching Christopher Hitchens, Sam Harris, Bill Maher
Note: I now fucking hate Bill Maher btw, and not as big fan of Sam Harris as I was before. They totally missed the appeal of God Emperor Trump.

>>How did you leave?
Just left.

>>What are you now and why?
I'm an atheist. Apatheist to be exact.

>>What do you people around you think?
I'm a closet atheist. Pic related what happens to athis in muzzie majority countries. It's not stopping us tho. The ex-muslim community is growing faster than any other time in history.

>>What is your advice on helping Muslims out from the slavery of Islam or at least help them be self-analytical about their Muslim identity?
The idea itself is blasphemous. And most muslims are so brainwashed that nothing will work. The social pressure alone is unbearable. Then, also consider that apostasy is punishable by death. My advice would not be for any muslims but for the west and other civilised world to not promote this death cult. Stand up and defend all the values that made you great and don't give into Islam. Crush Islam. It's a winnable war. The left is a ally of Islam. You let left thrive = you let Islam thrive.

Wow....thank you for your response. You probably have the most unique response out of all the other EXMuslims I have ever seen.

>The ex-muslim community is growing faster than any other time in history.

Why is this?>The left is a ally of Islam. You let left thrive = you let Islam thrive.

Why do you think The Left is in love with Islam when Islam would gladly destroy Leftist themselves?

>Islam doesn't let you be critical about it so if you don't leave islam you can't change it in any way.

Yet here you are. Something must have inspired you to get this far. What inspired you to doubt Islam?

>Why do you think The Left is in love with Islam when Islam would gladly destroy Leftist themselves?
Slave morality.

I used to be like you. When you see some shit, and see the evil that exists in the world, the moral reservations go out the window. You have to sometimes be brutal to prevent much worse. That is how the world is outside the bubble. Islam is pretty benign in the scheme of things. It even does the world some good.

>Why do you think The Left is in love with Islam when Islam would gladly destroy Leftist themselves?
Because pic related

Love Kemal. The dude was way ahead of his time.

all the holy books are full of shit. the bible is full of shit and the quran aswell.
there are some good and bad passages in both books but in islam you cant say i dont agree to those lines.
its all or nothing. either you believe in all of the quran or you dont.

in christianity we have the freedom to not do that. we can say and believe in some parts of the bible and not believe in other parts.

>Slave morality.

Explain

People say that Liberalism pushes Islam because, like them, they are anti-west. However, Liberals LIVE IN THE WEST yet they want the west to fall? I guess you are the only one with the relevant answer. When the whole world is insane and you're the only sane one guess who the crazy one is.

Pushing Islam in the west is obvious suicide. I personaly believe that Leftist are miserable and can't stand an opposing role model constantly reminding them what they SHOULD BE. So they want to destroy it even at the cost of destroying themselves.

Pic related.

>The ex-muslim community is growing faster than any other time in history.

Why is this? I have noticed that the most EX-Muslims that I get in these threads are Turks. It seems Atheism is growing fast their. However, Turkey has become a partly Westernized country with some Islamic influence.

Are you saying that Islam's waters are draining elsewhere? And why? I read your previous response in the other thread where I found you. It seems that Atheism is becoming a huge concern in Muslim majority countries.