They did it. The mad French really did it!

engineering.com/ElectronicsDesign/ElectronicsDesignArticles/ArticleID/14010/Solar-Roadways-Lets-Do-the-Math.aspx

mashable.com/2017/01/19/first-solar-powered-road-in-france/#n6Lu.jkzSSq6

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1094248/The-power-commuter--Japan-uses-energy-generating-floor-help-power-subway.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Instead of solar roads, why doesn't the government just subsidize panels for every roof? It's slightly less retarded but still retarded.

It's hard to imagine how putting solar panels in a place where they're constantly under the weight of several-ton machines is a good idea.

Unless the road also has some sort of piezoelectric properties.

Because the French think paying 4 times the price or solar cells and getting 20% less electricity per square meter solar panels and probably a lot more maintenance and lower life spans... is fantastic.

There is a reason solar panel roads are only planned in France and everyone else says "you mad?"

>most expensive road ever built
>most environmentally impactful road ever built (pic related)
bro do you even sustainable?

SOLAR FREAKIN' ROADWAYS!!!! YASSSSSSSS MEME SLAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY

Wireless car charging is the future.

I imagine a charging lane like in F-Zero on SNES.

The solar road will power the charging lane.

Thunderfoot made a great video debunking this meme a while ago.

for the love of Christ i thought i had seen the last of Solar Roads threads

thank you Germany for fucking up everything one more time

I think you're understating how retarded solar roadways are.

Don't the frogs have a shitload of nuclear power plants? Solar seems redundant.

Jews

No srsly Jews.

That's cute
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1094248/The-power-commuter--Japan-uses-energy-generating-floor-help-power-subway.html

>Unless the road also has some sort of piezoelectric properties.

That's an idea crazy enough to work, but you'll never get funding because greens don't understand electrical engineering.

Hey, why not put solar panels on top of the buildings on both sides of the road instead? That way the cars won't drive on them.

>Hey, why not put solar panels on top of the buildings on both sides of the road instead? That way the cars won't drive on them.

shhhhhttt! Don't be rational. The French do not want to hear rational objections.

They are terribly expensive and inefficient. They will reflect a lot of energy because they are perpendicular or a low angle to the sun most of the time.
Fixed solar panels that aren't tracking for absolute maximum efficiency are more efficient at tilted angles. They don't even put them flat on the roof they angle them and place them specifically to maximize energy captured.

This is a waste of money. Not to mention the cost to upkeep a solar road. It's literally a money sink meme that doesn't generate any power. Also they have the problem of transporting the power longer distances than what a solar home would have to.

Just wait til the gypsies get their hands on those panels! They'll have them stripped down to components real quick and probably selling them at the end of the solar road.

You'll never get the funding because they don't want actual energy solutions. They just want control over the energy while using solar as a meme because they know it will take many many years before solar can catch up with modern power demand.

Nuclear is the near future solution, except (((they))) have smeared it harder than Trump and everyone is terrified of it. With good reason too, Nuclear could completely replace all conventional fossil fuel power plants in the very near future if it was funded. It will never happen since libs are terrified of it. People used to be scared of AC too but look how much more efficient for long distance power transfer it is.

>make roads out of solar panels at great expense
>panels are crushed when German tanks roll over them

Dumb frogs didn't think it through

This is what you get when you leave leftist greenfags in charge of engineering.

Of course it's terribly inefficient and expensive, the production of all those panels contributed to the irreversible pollution and destruction of the Chinese ecosystem, it even goes against the idea that maybe we should use our cars less, and optimize transport and logistics, which would result in less roads needed down the line, but hey, that's "beautiful", and it's all they care about. It's like they think solar panels grow on trees and can be used to replace all construction materials. And then, there's the batteries...

Nuclear is still the way to go in 2017.

They needed a way to save money to pay for the immigrants swarming.

>5 MILLION dollars
>only 10% efficiency
>Less efficient when cars are on it
>only 1km worth of road
>all so it can power some streetlights in a small village

This has leftist government written all over it. This will be a huge failure and tremendous money sink.

This is so awesome! I knew Thunderfoot was wrong. Hope they roll them out here in the near future.

you don't understand how fucktarded our energy laws are.

One private individual can't say "fuck it, I'm going off the grid" and cover his roof with solar pannels while using batteries and shit like that, just because.

literally just because. The state says no, you can't, fuck you

Man, the French government sure is retarded. Le Pen when?

These people are retarted

Your carrier is perfect for you.

DUDE

LETS PUT SOLAR PANELS (one of the most sensitive materials) ON A SURFACE THAT GETS ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED BY MILLIONS OF TONNE-WEIGHING VEHICLES EVERY WEEK

Nope. There is no kissless virgin carrier sadly

>Women ideas

I'll never get the kissless, handholdless meme.

Nuclear power kill children and rape puppies so it should be banned.

Seriosuly it's just greenwashing to win some green votes

So will the next French revolution be for sanity in the state? Or will it be because your country is becoming the maghrebi shithole It is destined to be?

I hope you guys get heavy frost next winter and all those panels turn to broken glass

Free energy? Sounds like gommunism to me

Because our government has to pretend that they're contributing to innovation
It's essentially a fucking waste of money by those fucking retards.
The road is in normandy, which isn't sunny at all, then you'll get dust and care tire particles that will accumulate on the road and make energy production utter crap
The people in charge should be fucking hung (no guillotine)

I predict that our next revolution will be monarchist.

heads need to roll again

La guillotine c'est pour les républicains.
La pendaison c'est la tradition l'ami.

solar powered like why? if its to lighten up the night its completely useless, Ireland has a better idea we call them reflectors and almost every country in the world uses them too

they reacts to your headlights and no power needed

are the french that fuckin retarded.

Funny, our government subsidies us for solar panels and we get paid by the government for unused energy. I think they stopped doing the latter though, bloody Jew Turnbull.

>People used to be scared of AC too but look how much more efficient for long distance power transfer it is.

I wonder. I doubt most people were scared of it, there was never a reason to be scared of AC except for the propaganda about how dangerous it was.

Also AC in and of itself isn't more efficient than DC for long distance power transfer, but it won due to the fact that it was very easy and economical to produce high voltages with AC using transformers. High voltage DC has enough advantages that it is used in quite a few places.

/autism

I hope you're not serious.

Also
>Ireland
>roads
HAHAHAHAHAHA

We can also burning our muslims and niggers like coal

yup. france could be such a nice country if not for its 'le strong central government' meme that infests it.

that, and the sandniggers

and the anti-empirical philosophers

wait maybe better nuke it after all

The company is owned by Bouygues which has many politicians in his pocket

the salt of France

maybe you can use that to guide the way through your roads since its in mass supply

French people are man-children who believe politicians should decide everything for them

That's how they end up with retarded shit like this

france became what she is now thanks to that meme

Nuclear can't replace fossil-fueled energy stations completely since nuclear cannot safely and quickly rise or drop outputs. It is perfect for providing a stable bulk of energy, while fossil stations cope with peaks in demand. Solar takes the worst of both worlds - highly random and peaks when less people need it. The French are dangerously close to retardation with the amount of solar discussion and shit like op. They had the Superphoenix, the only non-Russian breeder reactor which allowed to use U-238 and nuclear waste as fuel. It got closed down because retarded greens petitioned against it. The profits from its operation made up I think 3 percent of the cost.

The point was, there are reflectors in France. Solar panels are used for many more things than just illuminating roads, especially considering solar panels provide power during the day.