BREAKING: British government accused of covering up botched Nuclear missile test

British MP interview this morning:
youtube.com/watch?v=0WlVMeIEYpk

Downing Street is being accused of a cover-up after a malfunction in Britain's Trident nuclear weapons deterrent in a test just weeks before a crucial House of Commons vote.

The Sunday Times reports that a Trident II D5 missile experienced a failure after being launched from the British submarine HMS Vengeance off the coast of Florida in June last year.

MPs are now demanding an inquiry and are calling for a Commons statement from Defence Secretary Michael Fallon on Monday.

>The cause of the failure remains secret, but a naval source told The Sunday Times that the missile - which was unarmed for the test - may have veered off in the wrong direction towards America.

>"There was a major panic at the highest level of government and the military after the first test of our nuclear deterrent in four years ended in disastrous failure," the source told the paper.

"Ultimately Downing Street decided to cover up the failed test. If the information was made public, they knew how damaging it would be to the credibility of our nuclear deterrent. The upcoming Trident vote made it all the more sensitive."

>may have veered off in the wrong direction towards America.

LOL HAHAHA BRITISH ARE A JOKE.

Other urls found in this thread:

news.sky.com/story/no-10-covered-up-botched-missile-test-weeks-before-trident-vote-10738472
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38708823
thetimes.co.uk/article/no-10-covered-up-trident-missile-fiasco-hch3shsrn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shame it didnt hit Florida desu senpai

They need to aim that at Moscow.

Fuck Putin

>t.muhhammed

other sources:

news.sky.com/story/no-10-covered-up-botched-missile-test-weeks-before-trident-vote-10738472

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38708823

thetimes.co.uk/article/no-10-covered-up-trident-missile-fiasco-hch3shsrn

>The cause of the failure remains secret, but a naval source told The Sunday Times that the missile - which was unarmed for the test - may have veered off in the wrong direction towards America.

I wonder what went wrong with it?

Why do bongs hate us so?

It's like this for Europe towards USA

Fuck you dude. I'd personally email everyone involved with Trump to make you pay reparations till your island officially fell to the shit skins

The missile was hard-coded to find the shortest route to Germany.

Someone just forgot to turn the auto-pilot off so it looked as though it was headed for Florida, when in fact it was truly aimed at Berlin.

t. Trident sub engineer

Hacked by Putin himself.

keked and checked

> LOL HAHAHA BRITISH ARE A JOKE.

The missiles are American.

then why try to cover botched launch?

Well to be fair the missiles need regular maintenance and updates. You guys probably left them sitting in the ground for too long and they got dusty.

Fuck knows, they're built in America.
But just so everyone knows the test was a success and after the end of which the sub was certified ready for deployment so the incident wasn't anything serious

Why wouldn't you? Public opinion is everything. Especially for a superpower like UK. Your country and my own would do the same.

The Trident missiles are designed and built by America, we buy them from America and fit them with our own warheads.

The government covered it up because we recently had a vote on whether or not to renew the nuclear deterrent (which costs a LOT of money). This missile failure would have added weight to the opposition argument that the deterrent is unnecessary and a waste of money.

Our missiles are maintained and pooled from the same stockpile yours are my good burger

Nah yall are fucked nigga.

Wait a sec that's our country dying :(

To be honest I don't get the issue

>Test fire missile
>It goes wrong
>Determine why is went wrong
>Solve problem for future reference

The whole point of a test is it not?

If you want to argue about a cover up, then ask yourself why would you ever announce to the world that your recent missile test had just failed? There's a little thing called 'national security'. The fact that it happened around the time a vote happened is completely irrelevant, the "cover up" would have happened regardless because you don't fucking reveal these things.

That is worrying. Our Ohio class subs are a big part of our deterrent .

Funny, I seem to remember our missiles working as intended when tested not too long ago.

Our military always announces when missile test fails.

If fact, I'm quite surprised that there are nations who do this silly cover up stuff.

lol were you born yesterday or something

do you remember them announcing when a nuke goes missing? Because they have.

You guys have thousands of nukes though and multiple ways of delivering them. We literally have 4 SSBM subs and only 1 of those is out on patrol ready to launch

SLBM

>do you remember them announcing when a nuke goes missing?
I remember news reports about at least five different failed tests of our submarine nuclear missiles.

Nukes don't go missing by the way, their position is always being tracked in real time.

thx for the intel :^)

Hey would any of you do Teresa May?

Where are the Anglos when we need them?

I still have a 100% success rate with firings.

If this shit would have hit my House in connecticut, the entire UK wouls be at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean.

Fucking Brexit cunts

kek

>we nuke America
>America thinks it's China
>America tries to nuke China but chubby fingers mash the keypad
>America nukes Sweden
>Scandinavia parties/dies
>Nu-libs and cucks go wild, blame Russia
>Nicola Sturgeon seduces a butch-presenting femme at a secret Scottish army base and steals nuke sub
>Nicola Sturgeon nukes Russia
>Russia try to nuke Sturgeon but don't know who she is
>Russia nuke North Korea
>North Korea too malnutritioned to do anything
>South Korea play K-Pop louder than ever before
>Kim Jong Un escapes on two man rocket ship, doesn't let anybody else onboard
>Mexicans flee the North American nuked continent
>get crushed against own wall with Guatemala
>Merkel horrified by loss of ethnic life
>Merkel nukes Germany
>the Middle-East turn on Merkel after she killed so many of its sons
>Middle-East band together and all nuke Isreal
>Israel's Samson Option nuke defence senses nukes and sets off its own nuke failsafes
>Israel sends hundreds of nukes into sky, but they only hit the hundreds of nukes that are raining down on it
>creates huge nuclear fallout dome effect that knocks Earth off rotational axis
>gigantic hole appears in Mt Everest
>Nazi spaceships fly out
>they were waiting this entire time

And that's how England saves the world