Are Smart Phones Ruining our Humanity?

Okay pol, why are smart phones dangerous?

Personally, I don't think that they are all bad, but in IMO they encourage anti-social behavior. People can freely exercise cowardice and refrain from working on their relationships with others. They give people too much time to engineer responses which makes communication inauthentic.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mdiB4-qR0EA
ssd.eff.org/en/module/problem-mobile-phones
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shoddy assembly has led to many near-fatal explosions, for one.

youtu.be/mdiB4-qR0EA

They are responsible for the snitch and tracked everywhere culture.

If you had told someone what things would be like just 12 years ago, they wouldn't be able to believe you.

could you explain what you mean by the "snitch" culture? The "tracked" part, I understand.

>could you explain what you mean by the "snitch" culture?

everyone is carrying a phone with a camera.

The phones made becoming an informant to the state much easier. People willingly point cameras everywhere and carry microphones everywhere. t is insane panopticon where the cameras are held by citizens, where anyone could be recording you.

Even corporate spying is enabled by these devices: 12 years ago you didn't have to worry about facebook being a third party to 90 percent of the conversations in the anglosphere. People would not have even believed it was pssible "it can't happen here" they would say.

This has a chilling effect.

t.Former Soviet Citizen.

Got it. Thanks for the explanation.

Yeah, I'll never understand why there are those whose first instinct is to pull out a phone to diagnose a situation.

Need the answer to a question? Google it and let them mount a massive search history bank.

Witness an event in public that you disagree with? Film it and put it on the internet so that people will commiserate with you.

Want to upload a picture to social media? Turn on location services so everyone knows where you are.

It freaks me out, man. I've stopped traveling with my phone on occasion, and I've had my friends and loved ones tell me that I should always have it on me, so that they can know where I am. How'd they do it in the 70s? People didn't have a perpetual check-in device back then, and they did fine.

People can see no alternative to phones anymore.

There is also the probem of the smartphone altering the brain. There are studies.

The human brain was made to wonder. Wondering is a cycle that excercises the brain. Smartphones interrupt the cycle, the wonderings never happen and the grey matter shows less activity overtime. This makes people dumber. The young spend less tme wondering now than ever before. Brains like mush, comrade.

So that's why when I see a group of 20-somethings at a football game or somewhere taking selfies and say to my self "they look so stupid..." it's because they are...

Perhaps important to note: I'm 22

Objectively speaking they have a statistical likelihood of having reduced brain activity.

They outsourced their thinking to a machine. Now the brain cells are out of work and have atrophied.

Hopefully Trump will make brains great again.

I don't have a smartphone and it's no issue for me to freely exercise cowardice and refrain from working on my relationships with others. So that argument is void.

Dumbphones track you all the same and have always done so (no mobile phone can function otherwise), and ISPs store this information and will comply with government requests to hand it over, because why shouldn't they? Nobody questions them, it's only facebook-this and google-that.
If you are a privacy-minded individual, it's just infeasible to carry a mobile phone with a SIM-card.
See ssd.eff.org/en/module/problem-mobile-phones

If you aren't out in the wild often, a laptop connecting to WIFI and running a sane OS is probably the safest thing that's still mobile. You can run Android in a VM for whatsapp (which you register on a number that you never use).
Plenty of viable google alternatives. I like startpage.

>Okay pol, why are smart phones dangerous?
no
obsession is dangerous

>Dumbphones track you all the same and have always done so

Not so long ago they could have called you a tinfoil hat conspiracy theoretician for makng such a remark. The public have only begun to come to terms with reality.

Bunch of schmucks.

>obsession is dangerous
yeah, you right. As I said, smartphones aren't all bad, and can be extremely useful. I'm glad that we have them.

What I'm asking is why is there such a glaring regularity for people to become addicted to these things? I mean, that question is mostly rhetorical as I'm able to speculate, but even drugs don't have the same hold over the greater populace like smart phones do.

>What I'm asking is why is there such a glaring regularity for people to become addicted to these things?

Dopamine hit. They get a dopamine hit from it. women especially. This causes pleasure center activation.

A smartphone is a tool.
The problem is society, I use my phone to read books, research facts, and laugh at liberals. The sicking thing is that ALL HUMAN KNOWLEDGE is at our fingers, but people are SO FUCKING DUMB AND DON'T FACT CHECK SIMPLE SHIT.

Yeah, makes sense. Women fucking love attention in any format they can get.

I wish people weren't slaves to their brains. I mean, we all are in some sense, but some *much* more than others.

Is it right to speculate that they are so dumb that they don't even understand how to fact check shit correctly?

If that's true, then I'm going to lose a bit of hope for our species.

I remember telling people in 2007 that the NSA would be tracking their movements and listening to their conversations and every single one laughed at me. They're not laughing now obviously. The public does not live in reality.

Its all the fucking Jews
Its their plan to make us weak
Also i have to tell a story
Do you alse have that, you chat on Kikebook or Whatsapp or Snapchat, and suddenly you get Ads about the topic you chatted about ?
Yesterday talked with a girl on snapchat, she came up with some bullshit story how she doesnt like short men, and we talked about it a bit
Today i go on Youtube, half of my fucking Video recomĀ“s are Videos about Size. I like Short Guys. Why Women dont date short guys... etc
This isnt random, ive seen this so often, the fucking jews know everything about us, and use it to make money and controll us

>Women fucking love attention

Stop saying fucking, it is beta and womanly to say.

I do not insult you due friend, I merely giving you a 'protip'.

>it is beta and womanly to say
I don't think I've ever heard this take before. You'll have to explain before I change my mind about that.

I'm not insulted or anything, I've just never heard anyone say this before.

I understand you are young. Young men do not knw how to be men anymore.

No one tells you this because you are surrounded by people who want to keep you acting beta or they simply do not know how men are to talk.

Men do not saying 'fucking' or minimizes their requests/statements by saying 'just'. Expeicially on the internet. this is dead give away that you are young numale or woman. Maybe even - and god forgive me for saying this - a canadian on proxy.

I use 'fuck' because I'm a grad student who always writes philosophy papers and I'm tasked with being erudite and precise all the time. It's nice to be able to take a break from that and speak with a sailor's mouth.

I see your point, but I don't wholly agree with it. I know copious amounts of people--young and old--who use 'fuck.'

>I know copious amounts of people--young and old--who use 'fuck.'

do not regress yourself to the mean, lad.

Aspire to be better.

You are a smart man for your age. Do not diminish your smart words.

>The sicking thing is that ALL HUMAN KNOWLEDGE is at our fingers,
Utter nonsense. Apart from the mountain of things that simply have not been digitized yet or are made illegal to circulate (thanks copyright), there are a multitude of measures to prevent information from being available to the public, and ironically enough, a lot of it is information whose production the public has collectively funded (i.e. research results) or which affects it directly (i.e. documentation about government and corporate policy). People who try to make it available have faced such fun fates as having to flee their country (Snowden, Assange), serving year-long prison sentences (Manning till recently, de facto Assange) or being driven to suicide (Swartz).
The amount of useful scientific knowledge beyond puddle-depth that is available to you without you breaking copyright law by going to piratebay/gen.lib is approximately zero.

There is nothing womanly or cucky about the way he used 'just' in that statement you autistic sperglord

it was meant to stop with just being a mobile phone but it has now become an all-in-1, easy-access distraction and timesink
its now a dumbed down computer with dumbed down programs from dumb people

bring back flip phones

>get called a weirdo throughout the 00s for enjoying spending my evenings fucking about on the internet
>get called a weirdo throughout the 10s for not owning a phone so I can spend literally all day fucking about on the internet

I guess this means I was normal for a few days in 2010 or something

I take your point, but I believe that the guy you're responding to was speaking a bit more metaphorically. The point is that most people think and talk about ordinary things, and this type of information that is readily available to people.

And allow me to note that by 'ordinary things' I don't just mean mundane bullshit. Yes, there's a lot of that, but what's 'ordinary' is what's commonplace. Politics, for example, is ordinary in that most people contemplate those matters. There is a trove of information waiting to be retrieved, and the point is that people typically neglect to do so.

>minimizes their requests/statements by saying 'just'

It's pocket-sized bread and circuses

yeah, i didn't really understand that part quite honestly

If society is so shit people would rather close themselves with their own toys, maybe the problem is the fucking society and not the toys.

smartphones are too small for me to really get anything done. i rarely use mine for anything but calls and text, but it's a godsend when you really need to looks something up and don't have a computer at your disposal.

This.

Sounds like a really flawed study to me. Maybe you just hang out with dipshits, all my associates use their phones to read, research, and explore.

What the fuck are you even saying you stupid cuck. Just kill yourself.

Sometimes I get annoyed when people constantly look at their phones when they talk to me.