Benefits of Marriage for Men?

So my GF really wants me to marry her, but I'm afraid to commit because of all the potential negatives involved if things go south (alimony, losing custody of my children, child support, etc).

Is there any actually benefit for men to get married in western society today?

Other urls found in this thread:

dontmarry.wordpress.com/2009/07/23/married-men-post-here-if-you-hate-your-life-2/
family.findlaw.com/marriage/top-10-reasons-a-premarital-agreement-may-be-invalid.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There's no benefit for weak men.

Explain.

There are none, it's a sham. Do not succumb to pressure OP.

Same boat. Bump for interest

taxes or something

>tax breaks
>makes people take you more seriously
>statistically makes you motivated to work harder
>statistically means you're more likely to stay together if you have kids

get a prenup signed in front of two lawyers so you don't get cucked

>Explain.

It's pretty simple. You're about to get a lot of replies like who will insist that it's all a scam and all women just want to fleece you. When you read these replies you should remember that there is no benefit to marriage for weak men.

Make sure you get a rock solid prenup. Also check to see if courts in your state upholds them or ignores them. Some states won't validate them in divorce court. I.e. Get a lawyer before, and preferably a male lawyer.

no

Just get automatic blowjob machine that just came out in Asia.

Unlimited blowjobs every single day for the rest of your life for one up front price, will never demand alimony

I've heard that prenups are usually thrown out in court.

And a lot of women (my GF included) think prenups are bad because they "set the relationship up for failure."

This.
If she really trusts you absolutely she will sign the damn paper.

Don't do it! You'll ruin you're life completely!

Like I said, depends on the state.

prenup
hide some of your money
If your state dosen't uphold prenups then don't marry her
remember, there are always prostitutes

That and 60% or so of marriages end in divorce. It's not the prenup that sets marriage up to end in failure. It's western thinking.

If that's her attitude, then forget it. She just wants to divore-rape you.

The only thing you'll ever get is some tax relief thing which in contrast to how much money you will spend on the wedding will not even be worth it. Then theres the almost 50% chance that you will divorce which will probably lead you to suicide.

In the middle ages it was good as the man joined the family's along with getting a lot of financial support while the woman got to decide everything about her "big day" and the wedding was pretty much a party for the woman.

Nowadays its just a party for the woman.

If you want to have kids you should definitely get married. But onky get married if she is willing to make the commitment.

I used to care but then I remembered that I do not have anything to my name so I stopped.

If you're going to be paranoid like that you should just stop stringing her along and break up with her. This is a girl who's ready to settle down with you and have a family. If you have reservations about that you need to sit down and talk to her like an adult, not come to a fascist right-wing misogynist virgin hive.

Marriage is great if it's with someone you love. The benefit is that you get everything you got when you were dating and more, and it's all better. If you're looking at this relationship and you can't think of a single benefit of marrying her, then you need to walk away and let her find a real man.

Marry a woman richer than you, problems solved

Not to mention, women initiate divorce 80% of the time.

Why is this, truly?

Is it because men cheat more than women?

Yes, contacts, influence.

Just don't marry for "love", it's for betas

Its always worth it due to tax benefits. Marriage is a business decision. You only lose out if you're actually able to get cucked because you can't please your woman or gauge if she's loyal. And that's on you if it does happen.

Alimony is more of a cuck/idiot tax if anything.

>Is there any actually benefit for men to get married in western society today?
Lower tax rates but you can get the same benefits by incorporating.

>
>
>>Explain.
>
>It's pretty simple. You're about to get a lot of replies like who will insist that it's all a scam and all women just want to fleece you. When you read these replies you should remember that there is no benefit to marriage for weak men.

If you and your future spouse are Catholic, Orthodox, or some other form of serious Christianity, your rate of divorce is 95% lower than other married couplesin your demographics. Praying together and actually sharing similar ideals meand that she will want to work with you and want you to lead her. Characteristics of the strongly religious include understanding the importance of structure and decency. When things are or are not 'correct' without it having to be solely one spouse's personal opinion on the matter every single time, the entire relationship has a better foundation and increased stability.

If you're too weak to take charge of the house and do what must be done for your family, marriage is not for you.

This is why you put your assets in a revocable trust where a judge can't even touch it.

You need to MAN UP and marry her. Then you need to start making babies for the white race.

I'll tell you this. There's definitely no incentive to marry if you're poor.

Prenups get thrown out when they aren't planned properly. If you're gonna get a prenup, do it before you even start planning the wedding, don't put her under any durress, make sure you both have the terms/items clearly listed, and make sure both of you have lawyers present. If you do all of this, you should be fine.

I vote for no.

I'm actually looking to get get verified by the catholic church so that we can married in one, because her and her mother really want that.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I know what I need to do for western civilization and the white race.

That just means she is looking for something to fall onto in case your marriage falls, and she is doing it before you guys even started. Means she is not sure about it now.

In all likelihood, she will be making more money than me in her career.

If that's the case, then I have nothing to worry about if shit hits the fan, right?

>And a lot of women (my GF included) think prenups are bad because they "set the relationship up for failure."

>
>Not to mention, women initiate divorce 80% of the time.
>
>Why is this, truly?
>
>Is it because men cheat more than women?
>
>Not to mention, women initiate divorce 80% of the time.
>
>Why is this, truly?
>
>Is it because men cheat more than women?

The greatest predictor for divorce is a previous marriage gone wrong. People with 2 divorces in the past are more lilely than those with 1 to divorce. If we just look at first time married people divorce rate is much lower than 50%.

Get her to sign a prenup if you're real worried about it, make sure it isnt some fake government instituionalized marraige. Do it in the Lord's house.

>If that's the case, then I have nothing to worry about if shit hits the fan, right?

Ahahahahaha

Get a pre-nup with a good Jewish lawyer on your side.

The lack of solidarity among men is why feminists have taken over

Tell me why would anyone enter into a legal union where one side has the ability to divorce the other over dumb issues like "emotional" disatisfaction and force the state to rob you have half your wealth while limiting you access to your on offspring. And after that you are forced to pay them money for their decision to end the union. If you telling me that such a union has benefits for anyone then you're insane. No amount of being a strong man is going to protect you from being divorced. I've seen too many such man destroyed because their wife decided they weren't happy and destroyed the marriage. OP's getting everything one would get in a marriage right now, sex, emotional support, and fidelity. Why would he need to engage in a dangerous legal union when he's getting everything he probably wanted?

>And a lot of women (my GF included) think prenups are bad because they "set the relationship up for failure."
Woah woah, little red flag goin' up.

Fpbp. If you're not at the level where you benefit from a wife (social requirement), don't get married. If you're not at the level where your wife has more to lose by divorcing you than to gain, don't get married either.

If you're an average joe marriage can only fuck you.

10 years with my wife, 6 years married. Was the best decision of my life. There have been rough times, but ever patch of rough road makes us a stronger team aftet we work through it. Marriage is the foundation of a strong family, and strong children. If you are a defective male that doesn't want children and is too insecure to get married you will see no appeal because there isn't a reason to get married beyond companionship and children.

If she is making 20% more in the long run, I'd give her the benefit of a doubt.

Its not unreasonable, both individuals invest themselves and both parties want something to fall onto. Usually its the men investing himself much more so there fore common suggestion of a prenup.

Leave out insecure MGTOW faggots out of this. You know your girl the best.

Tax breaks.

A weak man is a useless man desu. It's either I'm dragging your weight or a woman's weight, and if it's boiled down to that, I'm choosing my wife. Sex, tax breaks, and she's conservative despite all the feminist nonsense.

It's literally your own problem if you're out here getting trampled by feminists, user.

>more likely than not half your shit will be taken away and you'll be some woman's indentured servant
>muh tax breaks
top kek

Agree that weak men are useless. But the laws should protect everyone equally, not consistently fuck over one side in the majority cases

> (alimony, losing custody of my children, child support, etc).
all those things can happen even if you don't get married.

Pick an authority you trust and do pre-marriage counseling to determine if you think you can trust the cunt.

If she refuses premarital counseling dump her.

What if my gf makes like 3 times what I do?

I'm not proud of it but that's the situation. 120k vs 45k.

It's because women have more incentive.

60% of the time its because they didnt have children with their spouse so they divorce and try again. The other 40% if for deeply rooted issues between the couple about money, perhaps not having more than two children(the more children she has woth you the lower the risk of divorce), abuse, gold digging, a combination of some of or all of the above

I'm assuming that you'd actually receive alimony, and all that crap, not her.

>weak men are useless
quit vagposting

Pretty much this. Not only she will sign the paper, she will take it seriously and get involved in order to secure most painless and fairest deal for both of you.

No benefits for the weak man marrying a shitbag.

I think the law is fine honestly. We can all read them and know what we are getting into when we get married. If you enter into a union knowing the law full well with someone who you cannot trust or control, then you're either an idiot or a weak pathetic man.
The law as is is honestly a great way to gauge who is a man among boys.

If she isn't protecting herself means she is committed to you. How long are you two together?

Is she sharing family values same as you do?
Does she sees the future with you?
Do you talk about shit or just fuck like rabbits?

The mondern shit "men has to provide is bullshit".

The world is chaos and it is nonlinear.
A couple should try to materialzie as much money as possible together in order to provide for family. Does not matter where the money comes from.

T. Cuckold

T. weak man

>alimony, losing custody of my children, child support, etc

Why the fuck are you in a committed relationship with someone you think might steal your money and your children from you?

become gay. women are awful

Because my parents got divorced when I was 5, and it's hard for me to see marriage as a good thing when it tore my world apart and a impressionable age.

That's really about it.

You get to visit your wife in a hospital in the case she's unconscious and in the ICU

You can file joint taxes

Other than that there's no benefit.

>muh kids

You don't need to get the government involved in your life to have kids. The nuclear family died when No-Fault divorces became a thing and it's never coming back

If you cant trust her you will have a terrible relationship with her because youre going to become paranoid

this
>a lot of women (my GF included) think prenups are bad because they "set the relationship up for failure."
she's lying
she's just coming up with whatever bullshit she can to justify what she's trying to make you not do: taking an effective prenup that prevents her from divorceraping you
>oh baby dont take protections against my inner monster, it makes my fee fees so peepee
who do you think is prepping up to eat you up you stupid
why would you even think of marrying, what do you fucking gain for it as a man?
you get all the liabilities and responsibilities (and risks to be accused of being a child abuser in court when her lawyer tells her that's the right way to make things quicker), while she gets nothing but your money, your asssets and income, your happiness, your soul and your children
you stupid fuck
dontmarry.wordpress.com/2009/07/23/married-men-post-here-if-you-hate-your-life-2/

the tax breaks are only helpful if the woman doesnt make enough money that she can take full advantage of her dependant/standard deductions (10kish a year).

also thinking a woman is going to sign a prenup when you have nothing to your name is laughable. if you dont know how to hid money you deserve to loose it.

Also this. Get a priest to marry you privately without the state being involved. Some will refuse but if you look around enough you will find one. This is important to bring marriage to a spiritual status rather than a governmental one

>Tell me why would anyone enter into a legal union where one side has the ability to divorce the other over dumb issues like "emotional" disatisfaction and force the state to rob you have half your wealth while limiting you access to your on offspring.

Your argument presupposes the inevitability of divorce. It's like asking, "Why should I buy an electric pencil sharpener when it's just going to mangle my dick?" The solution is not to avoid electric pencil sharpeners, it's to take the necessary measures to ensure your dick doesn't end up in it.

The problem with this, and with marriage, is that it requires a certain level of planning, attention to detail, and work that many modern "men" simply don't have the will to implement.

>No amount of being a strong man is going to protect you from being divorced. I've seen too many such man destroyed because their wife decided they weren't happy and destroyed the marriage.

What you saw, assuming you're being truthful, is the ultimate demise of men who were unable, for one reason or another, to control their marriage. The exact processes are irrelevant but the failure is especially egregious because a man's sex appeal is on an upwards trajectory for most of their lives while a woman's is on a downwards trajectory. A successful man in this regard, should he be lacking in moral fiber, would be the initiator of the divorce, looking for greener pastures. When the opposite is true it simply means the man has failed: failed to control his marriage, failed to ride the trajectory of his sex appeal, etc.

>OP's getting everything one would get in a marriage right now, sex, emotional support, and fidelity. Why would he need to engage in a dangerous legal union when he's getting everything he probably wanted?

The sum total of marriage is not "sex, emotional support, and fidelity", though I wouldn't expect you to know that. But as long as you and "men" like you do you'll continue to be stuck in your no-win situation.

>weak men are useless
>literally depends on the labor of these so called weak men
top kek

>All these prenup shills

STOP. We all know you're either kike-lawyers or wimmin who are trying to trick men into thinking a pre-nup = safe

family.findlaw.com/marriage/top-10-reasons-a-premarital-agreement-may-be-invalid.html

Read. Don't be tricked by all these kike shills in the thread. Pre nups are not safe.

Better tax returns. More respect in society. Sort of like going to church. You have to do some of these things for appearances. It makes for an overall better presentation to the public and people in general. But you can say fuck that. I'd understand.

No she gives me stuff and pays for stuff to the point of making me feel a little weird about it.

When I met her she was like a pseudo lesbian (I could tell she wasn't a real lesbian) and I have got her to give up her "never want to have kids" thing by having her babysit my nephew.

She isn't hot or anything but she is low maintenance low drama.

Been together a little over a year.

What is the direct benefit of having a weak man in your life? You described an indirect benefit. They dont have to date or even interact with those weak men to get support from them.

Have fun with that. Kek.

>checks his state's courts
>learns they hold up the prenups (whatever that actually means)
>marries
>divorces 3.5 years later, as per average
>oops... once in court, things are much different
>why didnt i think about that?
>why didnt i get more informed?
>nah i never made a thread on pol about it, i was never told not to be a stupid moronic fuck
>now i live in my one bedroom shitty appartment, despairing about my children being abused by their cunt of a mom, giving away 70% of my income to that horrid cunt so she can get my kids abused by her Tyrones

this is what you want op, admit it you cuck
why dont you hang yourself instead of making babies for them to be abused and live hellish lives
stupid fuck cuck

how many sex partners has she already had, you fucking cuckwhore?

If you hide your money that immediately makes a prenup invalid.

I'll explain for you. The poster is one of those Sup Forums tough guy retards who thinks that any problem with modern marriage can be solved by acting more 'alpha' and 'strong.' If a woman had the right to execute her husband by gunshot with zero consequences once they got married, posters like this would be saying shit like "Only weak guys get executed! Man up you fucking faggots" to try to pretend that they're an 'alpha' online to anonymous nobodies, probably one of the faggiest things you can possibly do.

Anyway OP, there are obvious benefits to marriage, the same benefits there have ALWAYS been to it: children, regular sex with someone you love, social approval, etc.

But you're right, there are a shit ton of negatives that go along with it, too. Make no mistake, a woman divorcing you, and then taking your kids, is absolutely soul-crushing. The suicide rate of divorced men is staggering.

So you have to ask yourself: Can you 100 percent trust this girl you're marrying? And what's more, can you 100 percent trust her to resist decades of cultural propaganda glamorizing divorce?

If the answer is, even for a second, "no", then she's not the one.

shit man in this situation SHE'S the one that has something to lose. go for it man

Don't fucking get married man. My wife fucking gained 3 kg and she weighs 45kg now. I've told her it's over if she hits 47 though.

>you're weak if you don't get married

Nice fucking argument

there's literally none

They still need the resources produced by those men, independent of their method of extraction. Claiming those men are useless is factually wrong, and is such a stupid thing to say only a woman would think it true.

>the almost 50% chance that you will divorce
that's if she's had only one sex partner before him, otherwize it jumps to 70% for 5 previous partners and 80% for 16.
and that's under ten years of marriage only anyway

I think I'll go through with getting married, and have some children to know that my seed will be passed on.

In the event that I do get divorced, I'll simply kill myself. I already get thoughts of suicide anyway.

Im not claiming they are useless. I am claiming they recieve those benefits without even having to talk to you, so WHAT is the benefit of dating one when they already provided for you?

If you and she are not both active members of a Christian church, you should probably not get married. Women need something to counteract their natural degeneracy because society/law no longer puts constraints on them.

>The poster is one of those Sup Forums tough guy retards who thinks that any problem with modern marriage can be solved by acting more 'alpha' and 'strong.' If a woman had the right to execute her husband by gunshot with zero consequences once they got married, posters like this would be saying shit like "Only weak guys get executed! Man up you fucking faggots" to try to pretend that they're an 'alpha' online to anonymous nobodies, probably one of the faggiest things you can possibly do.

And you're the one complaining about tough guy bravado?

It's a shame because you actually offered fairly solid (albeit incomplete) advice.

Kek is she like twelve or something?

Don't do it

Was married twice....divorce sucks.

there is no reason you two can't just live together and use power of attorney
>She may already be your common law wife if she lives with you in some states

The good thing about me is that I'm so autistic, I scare away all woman are not even remotely attracted to me so divorce rape is impossible because she would have deal with my autism well past the point of her going to divorce and benefit from it.

How many children did you have with them?

This post right here needs to be stickied.

Benefits of marriage:
- uphold proper social values
- be a good example for your children
- more likely to have joint custody of children rather than sole custody to mother in case of separation
- various tax and estate benefits

Disadvantages:
- Talk to a local family lawyer because it entirely depends on jurisdiction.

In Canada, for example:
- In all provinces, if you get married you divide the property acquired during marriage (ie, if I came in with 50k and leave with 150k, I am only dividing 100k; I keep the 50k I brought in) and you may have to pay spousal support.
- if you have children you pay child support regardless of whether you were married or not
- If you are not married, it all depends. In BC, you still divide property and pay spousal support; in most provinces, you keep your property (subject to trust claims) and pay spousal support; in Quebec, no sharing and no support.

For Husband's having more parenting rights than ex-boyfriend, that is what I see as a family lawyer. It might be because of socio-economic factors however. People with money tend to get married while low net worth households cohabit.

If you are that worried about the result, plan your divorce ahead of time. For example, I was given $250k from family about six months before I got married. I have a bank statement showing it in my non-registered investments. I gave back the loan in a number of payments over the first two years of marriage. If my marriage breaks down, I claim the money as a marriage date asset (thus preserving 250k of my wealth at separation) and will say the fund was depleted as part of family expenses during the intervening years.

Its paper. Its literally paper.

If you love her she is a keeper.

In marriage is a unit. UNIT.
ONE.

Whatever the promise you make is worth, right?

Great till it malfunctions and eats your dick off

>haha these men aren't useless because they can wageslave for you
Ok. Why should I care about their inability to find a good mate for marriage?