Why aren't we exploring the universe, Sup Forums? Do we have the money to be able to do it?

Why aren't we exploring the universe, Sup Forums? Do we have the money to be able to do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Etz3WsCJB0Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-replicating_spacecraft
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you don't need money to do anything, you need resources and capable people, preferably men

retards think feeding islamist niggers and welfare queens is more important than space exploration
>muh fix the problems on earth first lmaooooo

Humanity will never explore the galaxy too primitive and too much emotional species. Every one of them think they are a snowflake but in the end all of them are the same shit.

and with this system humanity will destroy themselves. don't matter what political view you have world.

You cant make money out of space exploration yet.

Wait till we have the technology to cost effeciently take ressources from space to earth.

So the people will work for free and the resources will just magically appear out of thin air? Good.

Do you even comprehend how many resources it takes to get just to the Moon, let alone outside of the solar system?

It's not cheap and it's not easy.

>falling for the galactic jew

kys

Trump just said in his inauguration speech you're going to "unlock the mysteries of space."

Because people haven't read this book.

Im thinking that globalist plot against the best interest if humanity, your 30 trillions in debt could finnace space exploration, but now the US has to make 60 trillions if they want to get to that level, the national debts the social aid welfare states, it all goes to hold goverments from sucessful space programs, and they get hit by a crisis every once in a while so there you have why we will no scape from this paradise turned hell.

True

>preferably men
There won't be any women in space. Too weak for a decent ROI, the regular discharge of fluids is too much of a risk, adds an unecessary layer of conflict of interest. No, long term space travel will be done like long term ship travel was done in the past: by men.

people work for resources, not for money.

I have £1900 in the bank...how far willl that get me?

Because the existing powers that be either haven't set up the apparatus for unitology to control the populace or they're afraid of that ideology supplanting their own hegemony

Human physiology can not thrive off Earth... only cucks go to space

youtube.com/watch?v=Etz3WsCJB0Q

Space is really big and the speed of light is really slow comparatively.

If you book 3 months in advance it'll get you to Jupiter, turn up on the day and its one way to Croyden.

>thinking we can break through the firmament

If you're not a physics major, do not comment on space.

fuck, give me 2 years.

Are you disagreeing?

You could buy a trampoline. That'll get you a few metres closer to space.

why would anybody want to go anywhere with jew in the name?

i can get a trampoline for much less than that....how about a trampoline, a pogo stick and some moon boots.

It's called Theory of relatively.

not everyone has physics degree.

stop being so elitest

we'd need to get rid of (((them))) first to advance in technology and science without having fear to be murdered or imprisoned for discovering something (((they))) don't want the public to know about

Good idea. Maybe buy some mountain gear and put the trampoline on Everest

maybe i can get all the gear up to everest and then attach the trampoline to the rotor of a helicopter, and pogo off that...i think kthis idea could really take off...maybe i should setup a kickstarter.

The question is where do you want to go to?

MYSTERIES OF SPACE

NASA was forced to go full affirmative action and was about image more than actual space exploration. 1972 was the last manned moon landing and also when NASA started the push for minorities and women to been seen in the programs.

our only hope is to create a superior a.i. overlord that will be nice and take us with it.

Can NASA go back to space exploration?

That depends if they really wanted to explore space or have a pr meeting that they put the first non-binary gender fluid tranny into a program that does fuck all.

I think they really want to explore space, they just don't have the funding to be able to do it.

but i am

They dont now. At around the same we last went to the moon we started to really ramp up the welfare programs. Feeding deadbeat dependent criminal breeding niggers and illegals in the inner city became the priority. Trillions down the tubes in just the last few years alone.

What if we cut down on the welfare programs?

If we did that we would have been on Mars already if we so desired. I think the current cost is something around $750 billion annually.

Of course this doesn't even consider the money the US has wasted in pointless wars in the same time frame.

Can we spend money on welfare programs AND fund NASA?

It would be feasible to send expeditions to other stars, yes. Current technology is more or less adequate for that, and has been for a while. There are no insurmountable obstacles to travelling to other stars in this galaxy. But the question is this: why? We can just as well observe them from afar, and gleam about the same kind of information. We could send probes using the same technology, for a tiny fraction of the cost of sending manned missions. Should we send our best and brighest into the void just to say "humanity is an interstellar species now"? I say yes. That would be pretty cool.

Considering money is real. Its about resources if cunts starting thinking about the future and not thy next mansion in the bahamas things could get done.

No. As welfare subsidizes the very thing it was suppose to eliminate: poverty. More poverty means more welfare. The same thing can be said about our wars. We are subsidizing war and instability and thus get more war and instability.

That is not to say welfare to some degree couldn't work but as the system currently stands it can pay pretty well to keep pumping out kids to multiple derelict fathers and get a bigger check each month. The noble idea is that welfare is meant to help people who have fallen on bad times and get them back into the work force. That is the ideal. The reality is it has become a multi generational system of economic and social oppression.

You can't keep paying people to be irresponsible and expect them them to change their ways. And you really can't giving more money to people cause they make babies they can't pay for. The system is broke.

Okay, Relativity 101:

It depends on your frame of reference. From the point of view of a space traveler (keyword: PoV), you can travel to, say, Alpha Centauri at 4 lightyears away in LESS THAN 4 years. From the point of view of an outside observer (keyword: PoV), it would always take LONGER than 4 years for you to do it. This is because the speed of light is constant in any frame of reference. We'll always agree on the maximum speed limit of the universe (aka the speed of light), but we won't always agree on how fast the clock is ticking, or what the distance between points A and B is.

tl;dr You can totally travel faster than "the speed of light", depending on your frame of reference. So for anyone who wants to trek about the stars, the speed of light is not much of a hindrance actually. The problem is that you're not going to be much utility to people on Earth.

>Why aren't we exploring the universe, Sup Forums? Do we have the money to be able to do it?

We have plenty of money, it's just all tied up in derivatives speculation, and most of the energy of human productivity is being directed towards making rich assholes even richer and more powerful.

We do have the money and technology, just not the focus yet.

The way we explore the universe is with Von Neumann probes. Essentially you make a robot that flies off into space, finds raw materials, transmits data back to Earth, and builds a copy of itself. The nature of the exponential growth of robots with this kind of idea means that we could explore the galaxy in as little as 500,000 years using propulsion within our technological grasps.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-replicating_spacecraft

An interesting thing about replicating robots is that you have to worry about limiting their reproduction. Of course you could program them to stop somehow, but if that programming ever damaged, you could be facing something akin to a cancer.

TL;DR: Build a 3D printer that can scout out its own resources and copy itself and you conquer the galaxy.