Am I the only one who think humanity literally sucks with no future but disaster...

Am I the only one who think humanity literally sucks with no future but disaster? We actually don't have any ambition for this species to survive, but take all the resources from this earth with destroying the ecosystem follows mass extinctions of animals and the next will be humans. So many different races, religion and culture mixed together that it will never be real great civilization it's only meant for destruction of societies.

Almost everybody thinks with emotions, I mean like greed, relationships, their tiny little life that only concern about their happiness, addicted to the meaningless materialism, care about some meaningless soccer game, act like monkeys on the street and some find the internet interesting, however the internet is a good place, because we can communicate with each other like an entire network of human minds and still don't find agreements because with so much emotional influence.

If you don't agree, explain why

Other urls found in this thread:

images.ipac.caltech.edu/stsci/stsci-prc-2011-31-e/stsci_stsci-prc-2011-31-e_15516.jpg
quantamagazine.org/20140122-a-new-physics-theory-of-life/
journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.110.168702
phys.org/news/2013-04-emergence-complex-behaviors-causal-entropic.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes

Stop making these fucking space threads all the time.

Humanity is will be fine.

>big bang
>universe happens
>I happen to exist in this shit as some minor minimum wage NPC
>if it happened once, why wouldn't it happen again?
>forever trapped in this shit

Live a simple life op

God created humanity to fulfill a specific purpose in His universe and the collective conscience, or lack of, is a means to an end.

Embrace your role rather than lamenting it.

actually aliens created us most likely

I think its bullshit, how could we possible know what the milky way looks like?

If it is supposed to be so large, and out radio broadcasts have only gone such a small distance, how to they compose an image of it???

and our*

This is where the nihilism of Buddhism and Hinduism comes from. They think the suffering is eternal and they all want out.

Scientific Wild Ass Guess

Same as everything else.

>what are xrays
>what are infrared
>what is visible light in the sky
>...
>what is the EM SPECTRUM
Not hard to piece shit together when you own hundreds of multi-million dollar satellites designed specifically to figure out what this and other galaxies look like.
t. physics undergrad

Moonman Moonman cant you see, total war is our destiny.

Don't think too big, humanity won't conquer Milky Way and live forever but it still have at least few hundreds years more in which time future generations will do some cool shit

there is nothing we can do, since we can exist it means we could theoretically again.

This, so fucking laughable what you find on 4channel

They really need to study science than bible.

you're like 40 years behind man

ever heard of the galactic web?
look at pic related, that shit ain't lightbulbs motherfucker, thats billions of fucking stars and galaxies.

Humanity sucks because we allow it to suck. We live our lives in comfort observing from the sidelines as life passes us by. Humanity itself will face disaster most likely sooner than we think, but we will bounce back again as it is our imperfections and flaws that gives up the potential for limitless expansion.

It is our emotions that separate us from the soulless hunks of metal we create to serve us. Everything we make is simultaneously perfect and imperfect at once. It is the factor of our existence that prevents perfections. Most of the problems you mentioned in your second paragraph about humans are not necessarily inane to humans but simply products of the only culture you and I have grown up in. If we were to eliminate the comfort which allows us to be spectators in this sinking ship, then perhaps we may come together to mend the mistakes our brethren have made.

This was actually Nietzsche's fear.

The greatest weight.-- What, if some day or night a demon were to steal after you into your loneliest loneliness and say to you: "This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more; and there will be nothing new in it, but every pain and every joy and every thought and sigh and everything unutterably small or great in your life will have to return to you, all in the same succession and sequence - even this spider and this moonlight between the trees, and even this moment and I myself. The eternal hourglass of existence is turned upside down again and again, and you with it, speck of dust!"
Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus?... Or how well disposed would you have to become to yourself and to life to crave nothing more fervently than this ultimate eternal confirmation and seal?

He believed that Christianity was destined to be abandoned, and that the vacuum it left in the western consciousness would reveal this hellish reality to anyone unfortunate enough to think beyond op's list of human pursuits. This is why he tried to invent a more robust philosophy (Ubermensch). I don't really think it works, though. It is still fundamentally trapped in the material realm and so is essentially a damage-control philosophy. He saw the spiral of eternity and the fundamental human need to escape it, but didn't believe this possible and so suggested we make lives for ourselves which we might endure ad nauseum. I still believe in the promise of Jesus, partly because my own searching has led me to a very similar frame-of-mind as Nietzsche. Christianity freely offers the love and sacrifice that can bring eternal salvation from this horror.

i suppose you've never been to asia

buddhists tend to enjoy life without giving a fuck about materialism, but the escapism of monks and alike is kind of true - on the other side they learn about the sensations of their body.

europea is way more into nihilism, especially western europe

it's all about finding a balance between spirituality, conciousness of the moment and being able to get your needs like food/a home

the real question is, how do magnets work?

>t. alien infiltrator

After a lot of mental masturbation I came to the conclusion that life only exists to observe the universe, therefore allowing the universe to exist.

No life = nothing to experience reality = no universe only statistical potential

So our objective should be to maximise our ability to observe reality through space exploration and scientific pursuits.

Permaculture and minimalism. Be the change you wan't to see, faggot. We can change the sad direction of this world.

OP hasn't heard of r/cuckold

Sadly buddhism lacks much political praxis.
Leading by humble example can't compete with consumerist spectacle.

images.ipac.caltech.edu/stsci/stsci-prc-2011-31-e/stsci_stsci-prc-2011-31-e_15516.jpg

>Am I the only one who think humanity literally sucks with no future but disaster?

lemme guess...

you're a leftist, correct?

>be human
>be living lavish life
>complain our race is shit

Consuming energy to grow localized order and intelligence (currently civilization and automated capital since unfortunately the ideology of equalism prevents investment in increasing human intelligence) which also maximizes long term entropy production (since it finds innovative ways of accessing energy stores and accelerates it turning into entropy). This is all part of the natural cosmic order of things. What is disconcerting is anything that threatens to stall expansion, resistance to automation, genetic engineering, and space expansion. Which really would just delay it, aka not our own successors inheriting the universe - in the vast scale of time and space others will succeed.

quantamagazine.org/20140122-a-new-physics-theory-of-life/
journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.110.168702
phys.org/news/2013-04-emergence-complex-behaviors-causal-entropic.html

We need to get off this planet to ensure the long term survival of our species.

>am I the only edgy one?
No there are lots of teenagers on earth.

Stop watching so much anime. You aren't Sephoroth or any other game villain. You'll never find the secret magic to destroy the world. You'll never become a powerful yet sympathetic villain fueled by sadness to destroy humanity.
You're a human being who has to become less antisocial and less narcissistic before you end up having to work at BK forever because you're too cucked by your self-righteousness to associate with lower class humans.
Or just be homeless. Most homeless people I've talked to think along the same lines as you.