Meanwhile, 30 years ago in history

food for thought...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o9mJ82x_l-E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is so sad, I saw the video, made me almost grief.

what was his name again?

Nevermind R. Budd Dwyer

budd dwyer

Oh, just him.

the greatest man who ever lived

>not posting .gif

I found it funny as hell.

>If this will offend anyone please leave the room
>proceeds to an hero

budd dwyer delivered on-cam an hero 20 years before Sup Forums. He truly is a pioneer.

show a little decorum, please !

>Please, please leave the room if this will...if this will affect you

Because?

he an hero'd on live television. fuck, that's WAY better than an heroing on cam or something.

>Throughout Dwyer's trial and after his conviction, he maintained that he was innocent of the charges levied against him, and that he had been framed.
>Decades later, it was reported that the prosecution's primary witness, William T. Smith, whose testimony was largely used to obtain Dwyer's conviction, admitted in a documentary about Dwyer that he had lied under oath about Dwyer taking a bribe in order to receive a reduced sentence.[6]
>In fact, Smith acknowledges, as he did at Dwyer's trial, that he had lied in his own earlier trial when he testified that he had not offered Dwyer a bribe.
>He admitted that he testified against Dwyer in hopes of receiving a reduced sentence and to spare his wife from being prosecuted for her role in the conspiracy, and expressed his regret for that decision and the role it played in Dwyer's death.

sad

it wasn't on live tv actually, the press conference was taped.

wtf, I just looked him up.

Apparently he was innocent and the evidence in his trial against him was fabricated by the state attorney.

Did his family get some money out of this at least?

youtube.com/watch?v=o9mJ82x_l-E

RIP Budd

Hey man, nice shot! What a good shot man!

Oh shit you're right. Yet it was shown uncut on some tv stations

> Only a handful aired the unedited press conference. WPVI in Philadelphia re-broadcast the suicide footage in full on their 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. Action News broadcast without a warning to viewers. That station's broadcast is a source for copies circulating on the Internet. WPXI in Pittsburgh is reported by the Associated Press to have broadcast the footage uncensored on an early newscast. In explaining the decision to air, WPXI operations manager By Williams said, "It's an important event [about] an important man." Williams avoided airing the footage in the evening newscasts, explaining, "Everyone knows by then that he did it. There are children out of school."[30] However, in central Pennsylvania, many children were home from school at the hour of Dwyer's suicide due to a snowstorm, and Harrisburg TV station WHTM-TV opted to broadcast uncut video of the suicide not once, but twice that day, defending the decision (despite hundreds of viewer complaints afterward) due to the important nature of the story.

how about I show you these nuts

The calm way he delivers that speech knowing what he was about to do, then calling a few people up to hand deliver letters before getting the gun out of his briefcase. Surreal.

I would have killed the the family of the state attorney who was fabricating evidence against me