Whatcha saving up for?

What are you saving bills for?

>New boat time!

I could be out protesting instead of working... but some people want a retirement, house, bank account, and TOYZ.

Other urls found in this thread:

tori.fi/lappi/Tontti_ja_vanha_hirsitalo_Kaukuanjarvella_32576360.htm?ca=18&w=101
thebalance.com/loan-principal-questions-and-answers-398400
bankrate.com/finance/mortgages/pay-extra-toward-mortgage-principal.aspx
pcpartpicker.com/list/Ky4CgL
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A new oven.

>don't need an oven to make a sandwich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Sup Forums = broke basement dwellers
>go protest

a new gun and to take my boyfriend somewhere awesome

My future thru hikes. Doing the Appalachian trail next month, the PCT next year, and doing the Te Araroa in 2019

>new gun
Pray tell: a Glock?

Are you excited for when you get sick of the boat in 6 months to a year and you sell the boat?

Everyone I have ever known that owned a boat hated their fucking boat. They always tell me the sale of the boat was the best day.

Maintaining, docking, cleaning, just a huge money pit all so your friends can mostly enjoy your boat. Unless you deep sea fish, boats suck.

A mercanry force large enough to eradicate the entire population of Tuvalu.

A cabin in the woods.
Need 10k more Euros for that.

tori.fi/lappi/Tontti_ja_vanha_hirsitalo_Kaukuanjarvella_32576360.htm?ca=18&w=101

I don't know what I'm saving up for, I have everything I need. But I'm still saving money that I've been making from my job since I was 19 (I'm 27 now)

i'm going to adopt a brown / blonde baby raccoon and name it barrack

takes like 700 bucks for a properly domesticated one

AK-47

Naw I am not going all out houseboat style.

I want another bass boat. The one I have is 15 years old. I am buying a boat because I like to fish, not because I like boats (but I do).

for my early retirement.

nope. i'm leaning towards a luger this time. it ain't like they're getting any cheaper, and it's a guarantee to go up in value.

To live in? Shitting in an outhouse in 5 degrees forever would suck, ya think?

>boat
anything with a mast (like a yacht) is a ship

honestly though, a single yacht just isn't good enough
I want my own fleet of nuclear powered, icebreaking, aircraft carriers

Dunno. Just keep saving and saving for when I might need it.

Is that really all you have saved up? lmao

K, you are good then. Just so many people that get a boat and regret it.

Penile reduction surgery..

Good choice.

But I don't know why people always get so caught up with the name on the side of a gun. I've bought/sold so many guns just because I like how they felt and they shot really well.

I had a no-name .410 once that I used for squirrel hunting forever until the chamber wore out and the shells were splitting at the brass and getting stuck inside after firing so bad that you had to pry them out with a knife blade. But it just shot well.

I do love my S&W model 29 though.

To put my wife's son through tertiary education

nice small post

I'm gonna use my tax return to buy a new laptop and the Nintendo Switch and Zelda

How many dependents did you claim

snw 629 master race

That's just what's in the coffee can.

Who makes the best gaming laptops now? I haven't kept up...

Saving to put 9 grand down on a house so I stop paying the rental jew, at nearly $400 less per month than I spend now renting. Hopefully with Trump we hit an all time low for houses and I can put less down.

>gaming laptop

kek

I enjoy acquiring wealth for it's own sake. I live in a small apartment, drive a fuel efficient car, and keep my expenditures low. I max out my 401k and have other retirement instruments. I like the feeling of having enough liquid assets to have reasonably anything or reasonably go anywhere. I just don't do it.

I'm saving up for a trip in mid September to colorado. Once a year I meetup with 40 people I know from an online chat room and do a lot of drugs in giant mansions we rent. I also hope to have enough to visit the woman in Jordan I want to marry.

>saving up for a boat
>less than a grand

Top kek poorfag

Why not just let him HECs it like everyone else.

Looking to buy some gaudy 6 inch revolver but haven't made up my mind on make and model

>teh pimp version
>matches the sink

Yup owning is the way to go. Then you can save more, buy another house and rent the 1st one to some guy in the same shape as you were.

Can't take it with you.

fIrE MaRsHalL tImE?!?!?

Counting ain't your thang, is it?

Using my 2.1k return to pay my car off.

A pre 1900 house converted to apartments in a nice neighborhood by a hospital

This year is the first year I am able to max out my 401k, IRA and I'm going to max out my HSA too.

I'm saving up to become financially independent by my mid-30s (i.e my investments generate enough income for me to live off of)

hide cash to qualify for NEET bux.

Getting ready for the financial hit I'll take when my son is born this summer.

>tfw no more hobbies

bought this house last March, hot water heater died last week...that bill hurt...waiting on home warranty reimbursement.

saving for a new truck...next year (2018).

>saving up for a boat
>in time of economic crisis
>in a time of inevitable collapse

good job retard

starting to work on retirement, only about 20 years too late, but whatever

I'm like you but I save my money so when the day comes that my boss really pisses me off I can just up and quit right then and there and still be able to cover my living expenses. Feels good not being a slave cuck to my bills.

>Not investing in silver

Guns and thus

>not being able to find a job quickly

I just found a job in 2 weeks for 105k/yr, about a 20% raise over my current job.

a new tractor.. plan on paying cash next fall for a Kubota

i have 3 that come to my front porch every night. I can hand feed two of them. If they go near the chicken coop they are dead though.

>muh poor return investments

Hate to break it to you but you will get better returns on standard mutual funds if you are expecting a regular economy.

If you are a collapse loon, no one will give a shit about silver as it won't be an important thing in that economy.

Would be better off just stockpiling bullets in the latter scenario.

$10,000 for flight school...

Trying to save about 15k so I can pay off the remainder of my car payment in one go. Once that's out of the picture I'll start doubling down on student loan payments and hopefully be debt free in a few years.

good goy

mah nigga. it continues to blow my mind that people drop almost double the money for an H/K AR, be it in .233 or .308, just to get that rollermark.

Why wouldn't you just dump the money into the car payment as you go? This is applied directly to principal by law and you would reduce your interest as you go. If you wait to pay it all at once, you are still paying all the interest in the meantime.

I feel like if you had the logistics your ranks could be filled with volunteer pol militia

I saved a year of living expenses because I was tired of working and wanted to live to NEET life for a while. I'm the happiest I've ever been.

lol what the fuck are you talking about you retard

thebalance.com/loan-principal-questions-and-answers-398400

"Most mortgages and loans allow borrowers to make additional principal payments to pay off the loan faster. Paying off the principal reduces the total amount of interest since the interest is calculated on the principal balance. "

bankrate.com/finance/mortgages/pay-extra-toward-mortgage-principal.aspx

Are you new to loans? This is standard. I will assume you either are underage or an idiot.

I'm saving up 6 months worth of paychecks to buy an s2000. I'm sure I could save that 18k for college, but I'd rather buy something that makes me smile every day and keeps me going in life.

This ^^

It's crazy but it is free country. To each his own. It's like buying Goodyear tires for the whitewall instead of the tread though.

Travel to Europe for a couple weeks to meet someone.

Not all boats are bad, I got a jet ski and it's great, it's small enough that I can keep it in the garage and it's super easy to maintain.

Makes sense. I have about 8k right now that I can throw in. Just figured it would feel good to be done all at once.

Big school or little local gig?

If the later, have fun putting in your time as a CFI to build hours. That sucks donkey balls covered in shit slime.

Getting out of Canada for good.

Yea, never worry about what feels good, worry about what makes the most fiscal sense. Your interest is calculated by the current principal unless you have a fucked up loan.

Then you want to look at the rate for a loan. Auto loans are usually high percent compared to house, so it makes more sense to pay them fast, but with current mortgage rates, you can usually easily get higher returns than what you lose in interest.

iven if you don't know why, what's left save it. just keep doing it and let nobody tell you otherwise.
when you get older and see something you want, house boat a project, just to name something, you won't have to rely on banks and loans so much.
keep doing what you're doing and never touch it never count it untill you pass the 30y line, trust me

Nice, did the same. Grinded for 3 and a half years straight, now on month 21 of chillin' and learnin', livin' the dream eh

House. Really want to get that 20 percent down but it's just so hard. I'll be happy if I make to 150

That isn't a boat, as the name implies.

wrong. the payoff amount is always cheaper than doing month to month for auto loans.

Student loan repayment and down payment for a house. Hoping I can qualify for a no money down mortgage though.

I fucking hate the idea of renting.

depending on where you live, Norwegian.com has very cheap flights

You guys who are saving for a house should hurry up, interest rates for 30 year fixed are already back above 4% and headed higher...

Lucky for me I got my mortgage near the low for 3.2%, I'm not even going to try to pay that back early because I can easily get better returns investing.

Same here. I'm saving to the point where almost any shit show can happen in my life and I can still make it out reasonably unscathed. It's part of being versatile and free.

Also, any shit you do buy will wind up old and worthless one day. Save for worthy things like education and a home.

This bad boy and a custom surf rod.

What the fuck are you talking about? Of course it is, cause you are paying it before the interest is applied. The problem is if you save up and try to do it at once, you pay more in interest than if you reduced the principal each month.

Simple example, if you have a 10k loan, they calculate the interest on that each month along with whatever you paid towards principal.

If you save up what is needed to payoff the loan over let's say a year, you will pay more interest than if you add an extra $200 or some other random number that you would save each month to reduce the principal. That extra $200 reduces the amount they can calculate interest against each month vs when you payoff, you paid interest each month between on the higher amount.

Either way you end up using the same money, but you end up paying less if you do it ASAP vs doing a lump sum in the end.

Read you retard and learn how loans work.

B.O.A.T.

Bust
Out
Another
Thousand

Boats are a money drain

Saving up to get out of this awful consumerist society. You people that are paying ridiculous sums for land + bricks are fucking retarded

And retirement? What a good little wage slave. Thank God my job earns enough in a just a few more years before I can get the hell out of this miserable lifestyle I've been stuck in for a decade

>I'm saving up for retirement!

Any time I hear that I cringe. What's the fucking point when they're going to push back the age of retirement to 74. About half of us will be dead by that time and never see a penny. Or if we do we might last 5 years at most, what's the point.

Meanwhile these same people buy a new house every 8-10 years with a 30 year loan and never pay it off.

What's the point of having retirement if you don't even have your land or house paid off, it's fucking retarded.

Saving up to start my own company so I don't work for fuckers anymore.

New bike. Thinking ZX-6R or GSX-R750, haven't decided on which yet.

What kind of company?

A new roof. Mine leaks, but not badly enough that I can't evaporate it within the attic with an air mover.

After the roof, I can rent a room. My house is paid off, so once that's fine I can put money into my greenhouse and sell dank ass tomatoes.

> tomatoes

There is no point unless you retire early. Just have enough for an urn and cremation.

I know this should go on Sup Forums, but you rate my build?
pcpartpicker.com/list/Ky4CgL

Bretty good for the price.

not bad but get an unlocked processor so you can overclock. it's easy as fuck these days with a decent cooler. would add like ~$100-150 to the build, but you're talking like a 20% performance boost

IT, I already know programming and am very good at business and economics. Just taking some time to get better at what I do so I can get customers and not mess up.

If you aren't good at sales or know someone who knows sales with a lot of connections, prepare for a fucked up wake up.

Doesn't matter how good you are without that.

It's not that bad. Going from Dink to head of the household.

At least the tax-Jew is held at bay

36 horse? With a bucket?

should i buy an unlocked processor before or after ryzen comes out?

>this goy thinks buying a good that has value on the international market is dumber than buying USD

good luck with all 'that'

Assuming this is for gaming, processors haven't really been a limiting factor in a while. A regular clock processor and just letting it do dynamic clock with a good cooler is more than enough these days.

Investing in what?
The wife and I have been paying the 13th month...