AUSTRALIA DAY - ABORIGINAL TRIBE SAYS "THANK YOU"

WHILE some denounce Australia Day as Invasion Day, an Aboriginal clan from northeast Arnhem Land uses it to welcome doctors, nurses, teachers, police and the community to their land and to thank them for their contributions.

On Thursday, the Rirratjingu clan will hold a bungul, or welcoming ceremony, in the township of Nhulunbuy, to bring people together.

Clan leader, Bakamumu Marika, 59, says: “Australia Day is a very significant day for Australians, including Yolgnu people, the First Australians. We don’t talk about negative things. It’s about a birth of citizenship and freedom, for all of them on our land.

“We acknowledge the people that are experienced and carry out professionalism in their fields of work. I died in hospital twice last year. And they brought me back to life. And I thank them for being here. We share with them what we value, which is our culture.”

couriermail.com.au/news/national/arnhem-land-where-australia-day-means-thankyou/news-story/f0f6ed907c67b06eace0d92f4544bcc2

Why can't niggers be like this?

The Rirratjingu mostly live at Yirrkala, 15km from the predominantly white town of Nhulunbuy, which took a massive hit in 2014 when Rio Tinto closed the alumina refinery, losing 1200 workers.

Bauxite mining continues, but the town has been hurting. The Rirratjingu say those who remain in Nhulunbuy choose to be here, which has brought everyone closer.

“They have made a great friendship with Yolngu people,” says Witiyana Marika, 55, a founding member of the band Yothu Yindi.

“When I was a band member, I used to think that the whole Australia shouldn’t celebrate Australia Day. I was in a political mind as a young man in my 20s. Now I’m 55, and this thing is going to go forever, we might as well stand and celebrate and walk together, all people.”

Witiyana will lead some 30 men and women — including five-year-old grandson, Dhunumbu, the “star of the show” — in the bungul dance, will tells the story of the sugarbag (produced by native bees) man, an ancestor spirit who gave names to sites across the area.

For the Yolngu, it a reinforces their connection to country; and on Australia Day, they share that connection.

The clan has been highly active in the fight against domestic violence, travelling to Canberra in November to meet with Malcolm Turnbull to raise awareness, fundraising $130,000 for the Northern Territory’s “No More” campaign, and running football and music programs with strong anti-violence themes.

Bakamumu says they were moved to action after a death in Yirrkala 2015. “One of our wives got killed arguing over kava and smokes,” he says. “Her brother stood up got a stick, hit her on the head, she fell down and never woke up.

“It was such a sad thing to see families fight. So we took a strong stand. We wanted to show that it’s serious business, saying to the nation, ‘No More’.”

Witiyana saw a lot of the world when he toured with Yothu Yindi. “Australia is the best place in the world,” he says, “because it’s home. We still have our strong rituals. We are still here.”

This is very sensible. White people aren't perfect, but goddamn have they made the world a better place for everyone.

pls bump

Sup Forums can't say that whites aren't appreciated when you have an aboriginal tribe celebrating Australia day like this

Ill actually want to apologize if they accept we have made it better overall. This tribe gets my support.

but Australia is full of fags and SJW's now, how is that better?

>Munuggurr

Only copying big brother America.

i get it, we suck too, not trying to be a dick. but is life better for abo's now than when they were tribal animals?

BASED ABBROS

the petrol keeps them sedated

Its hard to say really. Alot of cases of being unfixable but i cant really give an answer, they have the benfit of living tribal or becoming modern but the inbetweeb can really fuck them.

We were all better off as tribal animals.

The only modern advance worth anything is modern medicine, but it is not worth enough to justify the miserable lifestyles we are made to live in order to afford it.

EHH BULLA MAH LAND

>thankful Aboriginals

how the fuck

It's because American niggers are government project, an experimental cultural army, a prototype tool of slavery.

There is nothing natural about niggers in the U.S. They are corporate and political slaves cultured by engineering of social ideologies.

I'm guessing the Native Americans were not so savage or stupid but rather trusted to the point they already endangered.

Using this on Australia day for salt mining purposes - but I'm not going to pretend like this didn't open my eyes a bit. This could be an important first step for black fellas pulling themselves out of the shit. I'm all for that

Not according to the "we wuz kangz n shit" crowd.

Good on them for once, first good news I've heard about Abos in years.

Because not all abbos are equal. This may be a surprise to you but abbos are and were largely homogenous tribes spread out over an area just shy of being as large as the USA's mainland. Doesn't it make sense that some are just better than others?

Far north abbos really are on the way up and have been for a good decade or two now. Don't count on the rest ever changing.

The urban, uni student, 1/16 aboriginal special snowflakes must be fuming at this

spread it around like wildfire

people need to know this is happening

Why? Leftfags and "white" abos will go protest or something. Leave them alone.

Damn right not all of them are equal/the same.

Hell, have friends that live down the South Coast of NSW, and their old man was part of the original One Nation stuff. Happened to be friends with one of the Aboriginal community down that way, and they all knew he was part of it, but they all got along fine. Hell, quite a few of the Abos agreed with him and One Nation, because they were sick of the few Arabs around the area too.

Met a couple of em myself, and they were cruisy as fuck, and pretty smart too.

And then you get the full "AY WHITE CUNT GTFO MUH LAND YA DOG CUNT!" ones that make the decent ones look bad.

And those ones should be taken out back and shot, so the decent Aborigines, and the rest of us, can move forward. Plus it would save us a shitload of Taxpayer money, because less of muh gibs money would be spent/used.

Hahahaha, deadset, the fucken cunts that are like 1/128th boong, shit me to tears.

They're like "OH MUH LAND! YOU WHITE FUCKS STOLE MUH LAND!"

Meanwhile, I usually reply with "fuck up cunt, you're whiter than I am, you can't claim shit."

Australia day? What's that tldr

because people need to know that not all aboriginals hate australia

it would be funny to see them protest this man from Arnhem land

Pay denbts Greece, you don't have time to read shit

>“When I was a band member, I used to think that the whole Australia shouldn’t celebrate Australia Day. I was in a political mind as a young man in my 20s. Now I’m 55, and this thing is going to go forever, we might as well stand and celebrate and walk together, all people.”

Me and you are Aussie brothers

fuck dem crackers that brought us civilization.

now we can't eat one another and live to the ripe old age of 40