NEW bill to "To provide that silencers be treated the same as long guns"

There's a new bill to "To provide that silencers be treated the same as long guns".

congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/367/text

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

It says in the text that the bill's short name is "Hearing Protection Act of 2017", so I guess that's a good thing.

My totally layman's analysis (please correct me if I got it wrong):
>The Internal Revenue Code would no longer consider a silencer to be a "firearm"
>Anyone owning a silencer would be considered as meeting the requirements of the National Firearms Act
>If a state makes a law to tax silencers in any way, or have them be marked/recorded/registered, such a law would have no "force or effect".

What do you guys think about this?

Yes, guns are fucking loud. Silencers make them just quiet enough so you don't have to wear ear protection. They are still loud though.

PLEASE respond

I mean that it seems this law makes it easier to get silencers, which I feel is a very good thing, but I would like to hear others' opinions on the topic as well.

Good thing. I am happy I didn't spend the extra $200.00 for a tax stamp on on.

i think having them treated as guns at all is fucking retarded.

i want them delivered to my door without any kind of nics check at all.

Of course it's a good thing, first of all criminals aren't going to use silencers, they are expensive as fuck so the commie democrats can't use their engineered crime as an excuse.

Subsonic ammo is already legal and quiet as fuck.
Silencers, especially the civilian kind, aren't a tenth as useful as you think they are, but they will prevent some fudds from hearing loss

I see, thanks for the explanation. I don't know much about silencers.

Great for dedicated HD handguns. Ear pro isn't a priority when you hear a window break at 3 AM. Just open your drawer, pull out the 19 and get 2 operating. It's still gonna be loud as fuck, but your not gonna burst your eardrums in a hallway.

I support the bill but I hope it slippery slopes into a straight up firearm accessory I can just buy off the shelf. It's kind of stupid I have to get a NICS check but whatever, no more tax stamp and transferring bullshit.

does this mean i can buy without tax stamp

Problem is (((Hollywood))) movies have inaccurately portrayed silencers as something that makes guns generate "pew pew" noises that can't be heard ten feet away. Most of the public believes that's how they work.

Suppressors don't make guns so silent you can't hear them. It definitely reduces noise, so it actually has some practical applications while shooting. There's a reason why it's recommended you wear ear plugs when you're shooting.

yeah
if it makes them equal to a long gun

>SEC. 4. PREEMPTION OF CERTAIN STATE LAWS IN RELATION TO FIREARM SILENCERS.

I hope they take this to the extreme and basically ban any state law that imposes stricter regulations than federal.

This, fuck commiefornia

It would be better if it were just treated like a piece of metal, but better than nothing.

The rule doesn't make sense as it stands. Nogs aren't going to shoot anyone up with a silencer and they're convenient for range days and home defense.

>silencers legal
>drum mags legal
>RPGs legal
FUCK LIBERTARIANS

THIS IS AWESOME!!!

MAKE CALIFORNIA GREAT AGAIN

"Silencer" is a bullshit term anyway. The real name is suppressor. They do not silence guns and make them into some video game silent "pew" sound when fired. Infact, the only make guns between 10-20% quieter (enough to prevent hearing damage, but not enough to make you into some stealth assassin).

This. I can't wait until Commiefornia gets its anti constitutional laws struck down hard.

Long guns? You mean rifles?

Stupid leftists.

That's lifted straight from the bill's text

How much longer till it goes up for vote guys?

company with the pattent calls them silencers. Both are okay.

You aren't even good at being condescending

>Hearing Protection Act
>new
Dude, it's one of the other many things I've been waiting for with this Trump stuff

i hoping to get a silencer i can only shoot a low cal rifle when i go hiking because my dogger is with me and i dont want to ruin his hearing

Sounds good to me. Most ear-pros are a pain to wear prone and the in-ear shit are disgusting after a single use. I don't want to pay for ineffective ear plugs on top of other expenses.

Suppressors are far less regulated in other countries, and they don't have any issues with them.

Blame Hollywood for making people think they make guns go "pew pew".
You're taking a 160db gunshot down to 120db. It's not by any means "silent", but it can reduce hearing damage and noise pollution.

if you post HWNDU, the thread automatically gets deleted

>(((silencers)))
>still makes noise
At least thugs can now protect their hearing.

At least I can protect my hearing while shooting thugs

Obongo and holder set precedent by doing essentially this over the Arizona immigrant status check law. It's going to happen. They'll require universal background checks, but they will open NICS to the public. It'll be awesome.

Check 'em

leaf

It's called the Hearing Protection Act because that's what it is actually about. I shoot almost exclusively outside, and I double up, but I still think I'm probably hurting my ears. Have you ever shot a .45? Guns are loud as fuck. Suppressors don't make them anywhere close to silent; they just make them so you won't blow out your eardrums while shooting.

State gun laws just need to end, period. Its fucking retarded that 30 some odd number of states can own silencers, while the rest can't. It's also bullshit about guns, too. None of it makes sense. The state-to-state logistics of the United States makes it easy to bypass these laws. But of course only criminals break these laws anyways. Someone could drive from CA five hours to NV and pick up 30 rounders and take the mag lock on their ar, no shits given.

If the supreme court can strike down all state marriage laws, I don't see why gun laws would be any different.

wtf look on amazon you can get like 200 pairs of earbuds for 20 bucks, 33nrr

You should still wear earplugs around silenced weapons. 120db can still cause damage over prolonged periods of time

An average silenced gun being shot sounds like someone hammering in nails

Why are republicans such fucking pussies?

They have the majority. They have the presidency.

Repeal all laws regulating them.

Is all you bullshit about the 2nd amendment just talk?

Long gun is a generally recognized term. It's not a libtard transliteration.

lol

It takes time senpai

>.45
>Loud
wew m8

I was banned from my local range for loading up a drum and rapid single shot till the range master gave me the shoulder tap. It was worth it though.

They're over the counter in a couple of the scandinavian countries. A few others in Europe iirc.

I don't understand why republicans insist on being such cucks over this issue.

The noise pollution is exactly why I want one. I live in a tiny rural town but where I shoot on the family farm there are houses close in the opposite direction. I feel bad sometimes, would like to have a suppressor in 9mm and 5.56.

Nigger a silencer on a subsonic kit will sound like hail at the loudest.

Every little bit of the 2nd A pie we gutpunch out of the left and back onto the plate is a good thing.

suppressors*

No. It literally doesn't.

Put on your big boy pants. Pass a law. Then fucking sign it.

You monkeys pulled this bullshit in the Bush years too and never fucking accomplished anything.

You control the government. Put your money where your worthless fucking mouth is.

It's fucking government, nothing moves fast

You should still double up on hearing protection though. If i remember correctly an average suppressor will reduce noise by 30 or so db. So it's still loud enough to cause hearing damage over prolonged exposure.

1911, firing a 230-grain .45 ACP cartridge, will generate about 162 dB of sound.

So still above 130.

Your monkey party literally controls the entire government.

Your monkey party could have submitted a bill that completely deregulated supressors and passed it the same day.

Your orange monkey "pro-gun" president could have signed it the next day.

There is literally nothing stopping this from happening, other than the fact that you worthless cucks are completely full of shit.

I just wear the headphone type of hearing pro. They're pretty nice ones but I might start throwing in plugs as well. I already have a constant ringing in my left ear from hunting and not wearing ear pro, never again.

We have to wait for a new justice to fill in the S.C for most of this shit to happen. It doesn't happen overnight, less than a week into trumps presidency.

You have too much faith in the process, even with majorities in place

All governments are full of shit, I am under no illusions with this new one.

The supreme court has absolutely fucking nothing to do with passing laws you worthless fucking retard.

You're cheering on a bill that instead of being retarded, could have completely deregulated suppressors and been sitting on the president's desk already.

>someone tries to pass a law
>bullied joe (D) stands up and says what an outrage it is that the republicans had the audacity to bring a vote to the table without any prior knowledge to the democrats
>republicans fire back at all the times (every time) they've done it to them
>argument about the matter of whether or not it's fair to bring topics to the table without any warning or foresight to the other party
>someone suggests a law gets put in place that makes it mandatory for both parties to be aware of all 2nd amendment related bills
>republican guy trying to pass a bill let's out a choked sob of frustration as the whole room goes quiet in contemplation
>meanwhile Nancy pelosi and Paul Ryan look on and feel another year fall off their life.

I get it, man.

You're all full of shit.

Watched the same bullshit excuses when Bush had both chambers of Congress.

Six months on and you monkeys still don't understand how a majority works.

It's fucking fascinating.

The suppressor bill is one thing and I agree with you on, but gun regulations will need to be struck down by the supreme court.

Why should Jamal be allowed to buy a silencer and suddenly be James Bond?

The truth is that silencers are for concealing almost exclusively murderous activity.

Responsible gun owners do not need these things.

You control both houses of congress and the presidency.

They could literally repeal every gun law on the books this week.

The supreme court is completely irrelevant to this process.

Gee. Maybe you shouldn't have elected an orange monkey who wants to enforce all the laws we already have.

Congress wasn't even in session this weekend, jesus christ are you trolling or are you mentally retarded? I pray it's the former but its most likely the latter

It's not that simple fuckhead we have the majority but each fucking politician is owned by something or someone other than trump. If trump tries to pass a bill that will say, benefit HK and SIG but will hurt Remington, all of the NRA member republicans will be obligated to declined.

Stupid shit like this happens all the time.

Jamal's weapon of choice is a pot metal piece of shit that has no way of attaching a silencer.

Maybe you should consider checking out of life. You seem to be having some difficulty.

Then why are you monkeys trying to brag up a retarded law?

A thug isn't going to know that he needs to install a $100 threaded barrel onto his $100 problem solver to use his foot long 3+ pound gat shusher or know hot to hide all of that in his ankle low pants.

And if he does, he'll probably be shot or stabbed by the time he ends up drawing it or after he misses the first 3 mags because the added weight makes him even less accurate.

It is literally that simple.

I've been watching you monkeys make excuses for decades.

You're all talk.

Worthless cucks.

James Bail Bond, you mean

Jamal wants his gun to make a lot of noise when he does his drive by.

Jamal can get a suppressor right now without even paying the tax, just get an adaptor an attach a small oil filter, boom you got a very effective suppressor.

Hell, Colombians in 80s Miami cocaine cowboys days would use plastic bottles and duct tape as suppressors.

Democrats aren't any better user, if that's what you're implying

Why is it retarded?

Jamal can already make a suppressor out of an oil filter for $20

Why are you acting like you're speaking directly to a politician you larping fat fuck. It isn't that simple, fucking jewgle it you naive retard

>le democrats aren't any better maymay

It's retarded because you have the power to completely deregulate suppressors and you're half assing it, because you're all cucks.

You realize we're not the actual politicians right?

>not using subsonic ammo with a suppressor

theres your problem cpt doofy

In time user, in time. They haven't closed all of the abortion clinics in the country instantly either, or started drilling the national park for oil yet.

It is that simple.

You monkeys claim you support the second amendment, but instead of pushing the people you elected to remove laws, you get them to slightly loosen regulations.

You like being regulated by the government. It makes you feel special when you pass their background checks. It makes you feel like one of the good guys. It's how your kind virtue signals each other.

It's a shame Reagan dragged you monkeys into the republican party. It will never recover.

You elect them. You call their offices when they're talking about laws. You're supporting this one.

This really isn't complicated.

Is good. Very win.

t. Engineer

If regulation advanced any further in this direction, we would soon need licenses to design automotive mufflers.

I don't mind background checks at gun stores as long as they stay out of private sales.

But I do think the entire NFA needs to be repealed. That will be some real freedom.

You seem to be under the impression I voted for trump. I voted for third party.

I listened to twenty years of this bullshit when reagan and the bushes were president.

Then I watched them govern like progressives; pass more gun laws, turn deficit spending into the national sport, massively increase the power of the federal government.

I don't believe your lies.

>I don't mind background checks
>t. liberal retard

This is shitty bait I don't know why I responded I guess I thought you were honestly confused or retarded but now I see you're just retarded and sexually confused.

Are you going to make a fucking point? Jesus christ I hope you're trolling

>i have no counter argument
>I'll call him a faggot

I wish suppressors weren't illegal here

>BILL TO LEAVE THE UN
>BILL TO LEGALIZE SILENCERS

HOLY FUCK SO MUCH WIN

Checklist of win:

> Repeal NFA
> 2nd Amendment is like 1st: Preempts state laws - always

However, because retards run companies like S&W, and those same retards have loud retarded voices in the NRA, I don't think we'll be doing much more winning this year.

Reciprocal carry is just more stupid paperwork, but at least its something...

t. mostly unhappy with results, but realizes its better than hillary

You're just now realizing that politicians don't give a fuck about the people or their promises?

It's called compromise you know. FFL background checks aren't going away any time soon

>trumps own wedding
reaching low there, cocksuck

Is this really that difficult for you monkeys to understand?

Why are you supporting a half-assed law? Your party controls the government. If they can pass this law, they can completely deregulate suppressors, but you aren't calling for them to deregulate suppressors, you're supporting this retarded law.

What's it like being more cucked than Norway?

I forgot about reciprocity. Hell, the Utah carry permit is valid in like 35 states. Fucking just expand it to all of them. Done.

Get a 2L bottle and fill it with shirts and it works like that on rifles up to .38 caliber

Accuracy is nasty but the bottle doesnt weigh the barrel down and you can easily shoot through it

IVE GOT FUCKING 3 ON FORM 4 REEEEEEE WHERE IS MY MONEY NOW THAT YOURE MAKING IT FREE FOR NORMIES

fucking god fucking dammit.

A bill changing the regulations on silencers does not "legalize" silencers.

Silencers are already "legal" by your standards.

It's better than nothing. We just got done with 8 years of gun grabbing

We shouldn't need permits to carry at all, user.
Just as we don't need permits to shitpost.

Its just another database, and reciprocal carry is one step closer to a unified federal database of all licensees.

Compromise?

Your party controls the government.

You compromise when you can't win outright.

You have no reason to compromise.

How could this be a bad thing? Even Britain lets their cucked gun owners buy suppressors relatively unregulated.

OSHA safe hearing limit is 140db.
Even with silencers many firearms still produce sound levels in excess of 110 db.

Reference any db level chart for context.